New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Full marks for enthusiasm, and dare I say it, open-mindedness too? Yes? No? Full marks for being just plain loco?
    It makes a twisted kind of logic. "I want to be more attractive to women. Why? Because women are attractive. Therefore, the best way to be more attractive... Quod Erat Demonstrandum."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

To me that sounded like just wanted to see the ladies in teh restroom.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

3. - Top - End - #783

Zombie

I always try to avoid reading comments on sites with LGBT topics. They're always either ignorant, offensive, or both. The internet is full of stupid people.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Danne View Post
    I always try to avoid reading comments on sites with LGBT topics. They're always either ignorant, offensive, or both. The world is full of stupid people.
    Fixed that for you.

(Goes and cries in a corner)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #785

Zombie

Granted. *offers tissues and chocolate*

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Hi, I know that I have not touched an LGBTitp thread since I think six. I was dealing with a lot of conflicted feelings and stuff, and it was really bleh but I've sorted things out and I've been going shopping and I got a hair cut. So like.

Spoiler
    Show

Ma hair. I'm going to be coaxing the part out of it and coming some dye through it so it's not totally done.

Black patchy conductor's cap, black pendant, shirt and black skinny jeans I have.

>_>;;

I'll probably get more pictures. I'm going shopping again soon. Sorry for just barging in with photos! But I feel safe in the LGBT threads here and sort of wanted to share.
    Last edited by Faulty; 2010-07-29 at 08:34 PM.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

7. - Top - End - #787

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    Hi, I know that I have not touched an KGBTitp thread.
    Crap! We've been found out! They know about the gay communist conspiracy!

Uh...I mean...you saw nothing. Continue with your fun, comra...uh...citize...um...people.

*runs back to Russia*

Edit: Aww...you fixed it. Oh well.

You're cute, but isn't this more appropriate for the "You" thread?
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2010-07-29 at 08:37 PM.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

I'd rather them be stupid and ignorant than evil. The ancient Chinese believed that the only way to create a just and good society was through education. Nobody listened to them, but maybe someday we can achieve that ideal.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post

Uh...I mean...you saw nothing. Continue with your fun, comra...uh...citize...um...people.

*runs back to Russia*

Edit: Aww...you fixed it. Oh well.

You're cute, but isn't this more appropriate for the "You" thread?
    Well, it's a particularly queer manner of dress. I was going through this on the past thread, dealing with it emotionally and talking to people about clothes. I wanted comments specifically from the LGBT-peeps.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

10. - Top - End - #790

Well, it's a particularly queer manner of dress. I was going through this on the past thread, dealing with it emotionally and talking to people about clothes. I wanted comments specifically from the LGBT-peeps.
    Ah, 'kay. Well...I wouldn't say anything is particularly "queer" about it. Maybe the open collar and the pendant. More indie-ish, whatever that means. But I'm used to living in the big city, where you see all manner of dress, and if there's a specific gay way of dressing, I'll be damned if I know what it is (says the guy with a pink heart t-shirt).

Looks good on you, though. All black is always a classy choice.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

11. - Top - End - #791
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well...I wouldn't say anything is particularly "queer" about it.
    Well, it's fairly feminine, which qualifies as queer if worn by someone (physically) male.

I concur.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #792

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I'd rather them be stupid and ignorant than evil. The ancient Chinese believed that the only way to create a just and good society was through education. Nobody listened to them, but maybe someday we can achieve that ideal.
    I'd rather they be evil. Evil people are more fun. If they're evil, then they'll do evil things, and I can lock them up, forget about them, and get along with my life. Unfortunately, stupidity is not illegal, and there's nothing I can do to stop stupid people from infringing on my rights (preventing gay marriage or firing me for being trans) or causing the apocalypse (changing my climate, dumping oil in my oceans, or killing off animals I'd rather not see go extinct).

You say China tried to educate society into behaving well and it didn't work. Einstein says that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My typical response to someone saying, "If people are given the right guidelines, they'll figure out proper behavior," is "All by themselves? How cute." Because most people don't want to change their ways.

Edit: @Faulty: Looks nice to me. I'm not the best to offer fashion advice, though. I typically just wear black, and somehow I manage to mess even that up. Did you know it came in shades?
    Last edited by Danne; 2010-07-29 at 10:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793

Not sure about the necklace, Faulty (what do I know, though? I'm not a fashion expert), but I love the top.
    LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #794
    Banned

I gotta tell you, I'm starting to regret coming out to my friends. Now they coddle me like I just lost all my limbs or have contracted some terminal disease. And some of them keep repeating how "okay" they are with it. Often without provocation. Yes I get it. I got it the 1st bloody time you said it and I get it now! Leave me alone!

I can't say anything to them of course because all they're really doing is being nice, but it doesnt change the fact that it makes me want to bludgeon them with a freaking 9 Iron.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Danne View Post
    I'd rather they be evil. Evil people are more fun. If they're evil, then they'll do evil things, and I can lock them up, forget about them, and get along with my life. Unfortunately, stupidity is not illegal, and there's nothing I can do to stop stupid people from infringing on my rights (preventing gay marriage or firing me for being trans) or causing the apocalypse (changing my climate, dumping oil in my oceans, or killing off animals I'd rather not see go extinct).
    No, evil people can do all those things too. And someone who is both evil and intelligent will do it far more effectively than someone who is just stupid (though perhaps less effectively than someone who is both stupid and righteous, since people who think they are doing the right thing tend to be rather zealous about it). It may be true that evil people are easier to deal with (lock em up), but stupid people are easier to cure.
    You say China tried to educate society into behaving well and it didn't work. Einstein says that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My typical response to someone saying, "If people are given the right guidelines, they'll figure out proper behavior," is "All by themselves? How cute." Because most people don't want to change their ways.
    Well the China thing was more of a Confucian ideal, universal education in China didn't exist until communism, and at that point they were more interested in teaching the people to fear the government than teaching moral behavior. At any rate it wasn't about guidelines, the idea is to teach them about right and wrong from childhood. I guess I have more faith in humanity than you do, I figure most people want to do good and are just ignorant. Curing of them of that ignorance is all you need to make the world a better place imo.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll probably get more pictures. I'm going shopping again soon. Sorry for just barging in with photos! But I feel safe in the LGBT threads here and sort of wanted to share.
    Whoa, you're hot. I had no idea.
    *touches like a child touches the glowing stove element*

17. - Top - End - #797
    Colossus in the Playground

...closely followed by wailing and a trip to the emergency room?

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    ...closely followed by wailing and a trip to the emergency room?
    No, because it was glowing with fairy dust.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

With fascination and no regard for the consequences.

Or fairy dust.

20. - Top - End - #800

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hi, I know that I have not touched an LGBTitp thread since I think six. I was dealing with a lot of conflicted feelings and stuff, and it was really bleh but I've sorted things out and I've been going shopping and I got a hair cut. So like.

Spoiler
    Show
    *Snip*

Ma hair. I'm going to be coaxing the part out of it and coming some dye through it so it's not totally done.

*snip*

Black patchy conductor's cap, black pendant, shirt and black skinny jeans I have.

>_>;;

*tries to slow fluttering heart*

Faulty is extremely cute. =3 ^_^ But... erm... <.< >.> Forgive me for asking this... I think I have before... but Faulty is biologically female, right?

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    It makes a twisted kind of logic. "I want to be more attractive to women. Why? Because women are attractive. Therefore, the best way to be more attractive... Quod Erat Demonstrandum."
    I am siging that. <.<
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

21. - Top - End - #801

Born-male, I believe, though it's been a while (heya *waves*).
    The glasses are a bit square for my taste, but elsewise I like the look. Including the pendant.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Holy ****, It's Kneebiter! *resists urge to glomp*

I'd argue that evil tends to be inherently stupid. If we assume evil to be "harms others unnecessarily," it seems to be another way of saying "reduces long term options by making enemies and/or reducing the number of people who will trust them."

Intelligent self interest requires at least picking your battles and limiting enemy making to circumstances where it is strictly better than the alternative. I'd argue it actually makes more sense to behave (apparently at least) altruistically, so that others will rely on you as advantageous to keep around and go out of their way to protect you when the chips are down because you are a better ally than any other option.

No, can't fight it any more. *glomp*

edit: Go ahead, Jacklu.
    Last edited by golentan; 2010-07-30 at 01:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Holy ****, It's Kneebiter! *resists urge to glomp*

I'd argue that evil tends to be inherently stupid. If we assume evil to be "harms others unnecessarily," it seems to be another way of saying "reduces long term options by making enemies and/or reducing the number of people who will trust them."

Intelligent self interest requires at least picking your battles and limiting enemy making to circumstances where it is strictly better than the alternative. I'd argue it actually makes more sense to behave (apparently at least) altruistically, so that others will rely on you as advantageous to keep around and go out of their way to protect you when the chips are down because you are a better ally than any other option.

No, can't fight it any more. *glomp*

edit: Go ahead, Jacklu.
    Most of the time intelligent self-interest behaves altruistically, but not always. If you can screw someone for great profit and get away with it (a successful but frivolous lawsuit, for example), an intelligent evil person would do it.

24. - Top - End - #804

I saw a doco recently, in which a journalist followed around a psychopath. It was very interesting, and quite disturbing. Worth tracking down if you can get it.

edit: I think it's I, Psychopath.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-07-30 at 01:35 AM.

25. - Top - End - #805

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

>_>;;

ARGH! Too big, resize them must, yes! x.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

@Faulty If you don't mind my asking, what gender are you and what are you aiming for? Your clothing is sufficiently unisex and looks good (I think, I'm not good with fashion) but I don't know what your goal is.

27. - Top - End - #807

NecromancerGuy

@Faulty If you don't mind my asking, what gender are you and what are you aiming for? Your clothing is sufficiently unisex and looks good (I think, I'm not good with fashion) but I don't know what your goal is.
    Dunno what gender is, believe it was queer man who wanted to look more feminine and test out that side of himself last it was broached.

Definitely the testing out femininity, but there was still enough masculinity to add a tinge of confusion to just dropping a blanket categorization without actually asking him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

(After a typo of KGBT)

*runs back to Russia*
    ...can I quote that?

Also yes, I agree, Faulty is cute. :3
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the ego boost you sweet hearts.

Ah, 'kay. Well...I wouldn't say anything is particularly "queer" about it. Maybe the open collar and the pendant. More indie-ish, whatever that means. But I'm used to living in the big city, where you see all manner of dress, and if there's a specific gay way of dressing, I'll be damned if I know what it is (says the guy with a pink heart t-shirt).

Well, all of the clothes I was wearing were women's other than the jeans (I couldn't figure out the size system for women's jeans blurgh) and my underwear (BOXER BRIEFS: THE PERFECT BALANCE OF BOXER AND BRIEF). Anyway, it's not gay, per se; I identify as genderqueer.

And I am a classy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Whoa, you're hot. I had no idea.
    *touches like a child touches the glowing stove element*
    Quite the compliment coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post

*tries to slow fluttering heart*

Faulty is extremely cute. =3 ^_^ But... erm... <.< >.> Forgive me for asking this... I think I have before... but Faulty is biologically female, right?
    Bio male. But your confusion is a bit of a mission accomplished for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Born-male, I believe, though it's been a while (heya *waves*).
    The glasses are a bit square for my taste, but elsewise I like the look. Including the pendant.
    Yep, I gots some extra junk down there. Anyway, hey to you too Scorp. <3 The glasses will hopefully be making less of an appearance. I'm trying to get contacts; they're actually really thick, so they make my eyes look smaller than they are. When my glasses are off my eyes look quite beautiful.

Genderqueer, male. That's more of an andro look. I have tunics and skirts, too, which are definitely more feminine. My goal is to look consistantly somewhere between feminine and femininely-androgynous. If I get "miss"ed, it's good~ I basically want to look visibly queer, even if it's only displayed by hair and a tiny bit of jewelry.

By the way, but the whole pronoun thing, I'm going to be starting to go with "she". If I don't really identify as really a man or a woman in the purest sense, I figure it doesn't matter if I use "he" or "she", and it seems like "she" would challenge traditional conceptions of gender more.

ANYWAY, as to the evil thing. I'm ethical on an OCD level. Morality is where it's at.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

30. - Top - End - #810

Anyway, hey to you too Scorp. <3
    Really? Again?

I have contacts, but I almost never wear them. As in, I think my current pair might be out of date, and I've only worn them once or twice... Anyone know anything about 'em?