New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Also, achievements.

ALSO, also, drop limit uncapped! Let's all idle on SHaFT!
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-07-06 at 06:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Oh my, the spies are absolutely going to love this.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

New Engineer Weapon revealed, The Wrangler

A radar that replaces the pistol slot, it controls where your sentry will shoot. It also creates a shield around your sentry that absorbs 66% of incoming damage. Level 3 Sentries will also fire faster when you have the Wrangler equipped.

Downsides include inability to shoot by itself, and shutting down for three seconds if you switch away from the Wrangler.

And also, Engineer Achievements. Yay.

And also again, a new Payload map called "Upward" is coming out with the update.
    Last edited by surikesu; 2010-07-06 at 06:43 PM.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by surikesu View Post

A radar that replaces the pistol slot, it controls where your sentry will shoot. It also creates a shield around your sentry that absorbs 66% of incoming damage. Level 3 Sentries will also fire faster when you have the Wrangler equipped.

Downsides include inability to shoot by itself, and shutting down for three seconds if you switch away from the Wrangler.

You have been ninjaed.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    You have been ninjaed.
    I have the reflexes of a rock.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh look, the engineer will be getting a guitar unlock.

EL KABONG

7. - Top - End - #817
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bonus Tidbit!

A scrapped Achievement name was "Lonesome Glove."

:D
    Am currently Shiny on Steam.
    My current Internet name. Shorthand for Shiny Pidgeot. Of which, I have one.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I'm bored, achievement guesses: (will be posted in blocks of 7)

Doc Holiday: Heal [X] hit points from your dispensers. (X probably somewhere in the range of 5k to 50k)

Battle Rustler: Have your teleporter be used 100 times

No Man's Land: Defend a point 25 times. (Probably with sentry kills?)

Revengeneering: Kill an enemy with a revengre crit from the Frontier Justice

Trade Secrets: Kill an enemy carrying your intelligence.

Search Engine: Kill a fully cloaked spy with the Wrangler.

Death Metal: Use 10k metal in construction and upgrades. (OR: Die with 10k unspent metal)

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Oh look, the engineer will be getting a guitar unlock.

EL KABONG
    ......YES!

My childhood fantasies....WITH MACHINE GUNS!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Powned on the Range: Kill an enemy with the Wrangler outside your sentry's usual detection range.

Land Grab: Kill an enemy engineer and his building while he is attempting to construct. (Possibly requiring your to build in his place) (OR: Something to do with the GW)

Building Block: Have your sentry survive a hit during construction due to its shield.

Git Along: No idea

Unforgiven: Charge and use 8 revenge crits with the Frontier Justice

How the Pests was Gunned: Destroy [X] sticky bombs. (X is somewhere near 10-30) (Possibly with a range limit near your sentry)

Quick Draw: Kill 2 spies within 10 seconds of each other. (OR: Break 2 sappers within 10 seconds of each other)

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Honky Tonk Man: [i]no idea, my original idea (killcam) obviously belongs to SSS.

The Wrench Connection: No idea

Breaking Morant: Kill 10 scoped snipers. (Possibly with the Wrangler)

Silent Pardner: Assist a friendly engineer with constructing 50 buildings. (Possibly be assisted)

Rio Grind: 50 kills with the Wrangler.

Fistful of Sappers: Have all your buildings be subjected to sappers, and save all of them.

Patent Protection: No idea
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-07-06 at 07:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Revengeneering: Kill an enemy with a revengre crit from the Frontier Justice
    Unforgiven looks like same thing but requiring 8 kills.

I'd stab a guess that Revengeneering is specifically for killing the person who blew up your sentry gun with a crit shot from the frontier justice.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-06 at 07:01 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc, Stock, and Barrel: Something with a medic

If You Build It They Will Die: [X] kills with a level 3 sentry. (X somewhere around 50-100)

Best Little Slaughterhouse in Texas: [X] kills with a level 1 sentry (X somewhere around 50-100)

Texas Ranger: no idea

Frontier Justice: Kill a spy who just destroyed your sentry revenge crits from the Frontier Justice.

Deputized: Assist another engineer somehow.

Six String Stinger: Killcam shot of you performing the guitar taunt. (New taunt for a new weapon)

14. - Top - End - #824
    Bugbear in the Playground

They should have called the Texas Ranger achievement, Walker Texas Ranger.

15. - Top - End - #825

Honky Tonk Man: Give your foe a killcam shot of you performing your guitar taunt (new taunt for a new weapon).

Patent Protection: No idea
    1: No, Six Strong Stinger is definitely this. Has to be.

2. Detroy all of another Engie's buildings, or remove X amount of sappers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Texas Ranger: no idea
    Possibly something to do with the new case engineer might be getting, if not I would say it's for getting a level 3 sentry gun up during set up time.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Drugstore Cowboy: Move your dispenser up after your team captures a point.

Uncivil Engineer: Killcam shot of your sentry. (Gotta be something else; too simple otherwise)

Circle the Wagons: Have [X] engineers healing your sentry at once. (X somewhere around 2-4)

Texas Two-Step: Finish off an enemy you just damaged with your shotgun with your sentry gun.

Built to Last: Have your dispenser last [X] minutes without being destroyed. (X somewhere around 3-6) (Possibly have your dispenser take [X] damage in one life, X somewhere around 1k - 3k)

The Extinguished Gentleman: Put out an enemy with healing from your dispenser.

(Not so) Lonely are the Brave: Have a friendly Heavy fire $200k worth of boolet while standing on your dispenser.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, The Wrench Connection is the best achievment name there

One thing.... the engineer is likely to get a tauntkill, and tauntkills normally have achievements attached to them.... which of these would be the tauntkill achievement?
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-06 at 07:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Wrench Connection: No idea
    Something to do with aiding another engie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Ok, The Wrench Connection is the best achievment name there

One thing.... the engineer is likely to get a tauntkill, and tauntkills normally have achievements attached to them.... which of these would be the tauntkill achievement?
    If it's attached to the guitar, Honky Tonk Man is the only other relevant icon. I don't know how a guitar pulls a tauntkill, but.. hey, after all, the Heavy does it with imaginary bullets. Maybe the Engy plays a facemelting solo.

Also I'm guessing Death Metal involves picking up 10,000 metal worth of dropped weapons/building wreckage.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

So, earlier today. cp_Junction. Me, sitting in spawn during setup, overlay open. I go to switch classes; lo and behold, a Texas Ten Gallon. I have joined the gentlemannely, and am no longer one of the unwashed, huddled masses of the poor and Irish. I have a hat. At last.

But then I remember the terrible system we have right now, and my grand victory suddenly rings so very, very hollow.

22. - Top - End - #832

Crazy idea here: Engineer's tauntkill is...

"YEAH TOAST."

Screaming - Melee Slot/Secondary Slot

500 damage in a small cone infront of the Engineer.
    Enemies will be ragdolled a considerable distance.
    Kill icon will be that of toast. Critical version possible by using another taunt before using Screaming.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

23. - Top - End - #833
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have my own crazy theory for the Engineer's Tauntkill.

He presses some buttons on his pda, and then a dispenser lands in front of him. Aim at enemies to flatten.

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by surikesu View Post

And also again, a new Payload map called "Upward" is coming out with the update.
    I'm pretty sure the sentry can still be left to acquire targets on its own; just not while you're controlling it, or for three seconds after you stop. That second part makes no sense if simply having the Wrangler equiped keeps the sentry from working normally. Also, the doubled firing rate isn't just for level 3 sentries.

The manual control has plenty of uses, but the double dakka is also nice in that it makes even level 1 sentries much deadlier if you can aim well. That should be useful on maps that require frequent relocation with little time to upgrade, along with the new shotgun.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Dwarf in the Playground

GAHH!
    My brother has password-protected his computer, the only one in our house good enough to play TF2 and he's at a camp for most of the day till Thursday. The agony, it hurts!!

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by Teron View Post
    The manual control has plenty of uses, but the double dakka is also nice in that it makes even level 1 sentries much deadlier if you can aim well. That should be useful on maps that require frequent relocation with little time to upgrade, along with the new shotgun.
    oh god valve why must you make darth mario your agent of engie armageddon
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    ...it gets worse, if I remember correctly. There are Neanderthals in your future. And, if you also have Immortal Throne, they just start making **** up right around that point.
    Oh god, why. Morbid curiosity towards their next mistake is all that keeps me going at this point.

Lemme guess. Colossus of Rhodes=Mecha?

LIES AND HERESY. Built correctly, Spirit will DESTROY EVERYTHING.
    Tell me more.

A build. I must have a build.

If it helps, my second mastery is Earth, thus far ignored except for a point each in mastery/earth enchantment. Now TELL ME MORE.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

29. - Top - End - #839

What. Need more characters...

30. - Top - End - #840
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    You know what would be hilarious?

If the golden wrench turns up as the last weapon in the update, and everybody is able to get one.
    Dude, I've been thinking this since day one. In fact, I've personally thought that ever since the freakout of the hat scenario, Valve has now, quite possibly, become one of my favorite trolls evar. I mean really, the joke about the "world's best hat simulator", and the changing of the drop system, and now, they've made EVEN MORE limited edition items. I mean, you know what people have an instinct for? Collecting crap. You know what we love? Hating people for having cooler better crap than us. You know what valve can do? Release a hat that only 10 people can wear and is literally a pile of crap (from a toilet my friends), it would be the worst designed hat ever, terribly disgusting, but if you wore it on every class it would increase your drop rate to infinite, EVERYONE WOULD WANT IT AND HATE VALVE FOR RELEASING IT. It's all pure genius...it's like they have some psychologist on staff saying "Yes, well, they already hate you...but if you REALLY want to mess with them, here's how to do it."

Personally, I don't give a damn about this golden wrench thing, because I have a funny feeling that it will just be released as a random drop or something, and the workers of Valve will laugh so hard they fall out of their chair pointing at the Steam forums going "AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WE TOTALLY TROLLED YOU GUYS, YOU GOT SO OWNED YOU NUBS!!!!!"

Seriously, don't play into their mind games, they're doing nothing but using our own egos against us. It's all part of an evil scheme to use their great game to troll the people who don't care about actually having fun but collecting garbage that isn't worth anything in real life, when they could just be playing the game instead. Don't fall into their evil clutches.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.