New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: AvB - Marqhu

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Marqhu

"How much blood do you need? And who should i feed this blood to?" he asks, as if this is an everyday conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    beware the danger of letting this nutjob talk to a crazy woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Metagame knowledge: I'm trying to make you start a psychotic cult type thing and get other players to come up against you.

She points to a 5 gallon metal milk can then goes back to staring at the wall.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-07-04 at 04:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"I shall go at once and see to it that it is brimming full."

Spoiler
    Show
    ooh. sounds fun.

btw, i am totally going to use that hat of disguise. i almost bought one myself.

Marqhu dons the hat he just got and changes his appearance. He now seems to be 6' tall and wearing a black hooded robe. Underneath the hood is the face of some sort of alien demon, complete with tiny horns and bloodred orbs for eyes without eyelids, pupils, or irises. His tentacles are disguised as four short horns jutting out of his chin. his skin is pale pink. he keeps the hood on and concealing the face beneath from closer inspection.
    He walks over to the docks and tries to find as many homeless people as he can and bring them back to the lady's house, preferably keeping them in the basement. He promises them that they will be fed two good meals a day and be given power and wealth greater than their current station if they will swear to serve him and follow him unfailingly.
    he will provide a good meal for 5sp to each and every one of them when they join. he will continue to provide two meals a day for as long as they survive.
    Once they have eaten, he tells them that his mistress who rules his domain asks them to give blood to the sacred urn so that she can continue to feed them. If the mistress is pleased with the amount of blood given, she will look on him with favor and he will reward them according to their giving. One day the mistress will have been given all the blood it takes and they will transcend to the next level. Once there, the problems and weaknesses that they had in this world will seem dim and far away.
    Once he has a following, he will fellowship with them every day in their feasting and befriend them, telling them that they are building a family here. He will try to bring in as many homeless women as men, and encourages street urchins to come with him for food and a safe place to stay. he is genuinely trying to better their lives and thinks that this is the best way to do so. He thinks that a demon is a nice and friendly face compared to his. he will continue to gather more followers every morning until he fills the 5 gallon milk can. He himself will also give, though only a small amount. He feels it important for him to keep up his strength. He asks that everyone who will come and live with him pool all they have into a common pot, so that they will all be blessed equally. He himself will deposit 100 gold himself into the pot, along with his 3 silver.

Spoiler
    Show
    in the evening, he will bleed himself for enough to deal 1 con damage right before he takes his 8 hours of rest and heals 1 point of ability damage. How devoted his followers are determines how much con damage for blood they are willing to give, which i will let you determine. how long does it take to fill the milk can?

any resemblance to a demon-worshiping cult for his homeless project is completely coincidental.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Most people run screaming, but you do find 5 people who join you: a blind cripple, an elderly, retired prostitute, Tim, also known as The Tim, a mute child of about 10, and an awakened dog who rolled all 1s on his Int increase.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    how long does it take to get 5 gallons of blood this way?

I encorage them to give in the rituals of blood. I ask the dog to go out and find other dogs to bring into the fold.

The next morning, I ask The Tim over breakfast, "Why do most people run screaming from me?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-07-04 at 06:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    8 pints in in a gallon. 8-10 pints in an adult human body.
    An average adult human can donate a pint about every 2 weeks without suffering tissue death.

"Well, The Dude Man, it's the horns. They give, like, the totally wrong impression. They just see them and think 'Whoa! It would be like really crazy painful to kiss that dude, yo.'"

The dog brings home two chihuahuas.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-07-04 at 06:23 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

the horrid rat things are also forced to donate. they are given the scraps from everyone else's food.

"The horns? Well then, would tentacles be more friendly or less? Or should I go with a beard? I can disguise the horns if they are the problem."
    Spoiler
    Show
    edit: i calculate then that it'll take 94 days or so if i don't get more followers.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-07-04 at 06:32 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

The horrid rat dogs die the first time they are bled, but congrats, you got a full pint out of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, that's quite awhile...

"Wow! Yeah, a soul patch would totally work, man. Maybe you should do something about that sunburn too, ya dig?"
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-07-04 at 06:44 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah. Is this better?"

he now has a pale but definitely human complexion and the four tentacles are disguised as a soul patch.the eyes are still lidless red orbs.

Spoiler
    Show
    total blood so far: 1 and 6/14 of a pint. only 38 and 8/14 more to go! i'm bleeding each person for 1/14 of a pint a day.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Your numbers look good to me.

The prostitute looks at you and says, "Yeah, you're much cuter now, honey."

The Tim: "Score! You got that down pat, The Boss Man. Oh, but you might want to wear these."

The Tim takes the blind cripple Stefan's dark tinted glasses and puts them on you. They are sleek and perfectly in style.

The Tim: "That's perfect, now you're set for a night out."

Nonobaddog pants happily, and the mute kid stares at you while Stefan has not yet realized his glasses are gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I named the dog.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-07-04 at 07:08 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"It looks like i am. Why don't we let our friend here keep his glasses and I just copy the design." I imitate the glasses in detail, then return them to the blind guy. I have business about town today. I will bring more good food when I get back. Please encourage others to join."

With that, I head out to find a merchant.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He sells the masterwork battleaxe and the dark reaver powder for 755 gold (half market price)

After finishing mis shopping trip, Marqhu seeks out other desperate souls who could use his help in exchange for a little blood. Selling it to them like he did before, not even mentioning the blood until they have had breakfast and can witness the others who are doing it.

as he is about to head back, he decides that the darkest alleyway in the seediest part of the docks might be a good place to look for someone desperate. He rather boldly walks back there, uncaring that there is a good chance that thugs would try to prey upon him.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

He manages to convince one more poor soul, an adventurer whose dungeon crawling days ended when he became paraplegic and unable to afford magical healing. His name is Sir Ricfalcon Falconsflight the Unflinching in Darkness. He insists on being called by his full name and title and generally ignores the pronoun "you."

Upon entering the darkest alleyway in the seediest part of the docks, you are immediately set upon... by numerous... social workers! They all begin to jostle for position, offering you blankets, food, and a warm place to stay. A few minor fist fights break out as they try to determine who gets to be your beneficiary. A few notice that your clothes are not rags, and the hang back muttering to themselves about "even more competition."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    come on! when Punchinello wandered the streets hoping to get mugged, I let him get attacked. when i ask for the same favor, you throw a corny and anachronistic gag at me? The least you could have done was a gag that wasn't anachronistic.

"Foul Beaurocrats! You all must die!" he says as he drops his disguise. he hadn't bothered with the mask now that he has a magic hat.

he unleashes a full attack, each tentacle targeting a different bureaucrat. he also kicks one with his spiked knee. all with an inhuman 10' reach.

(1d20+7)[17]
    (1d4+5)[8]

(1d20+7)[8]
    (1d4+5)[9]

(1d20+7)[12]
    (1d4+5)[9]

(1d20+7)[10]
    (1d4+5)[8]

(1d20+6)[20] the armor spikes attack.
    (1d6+4)[7]

should any of them hit, he will activate grip of iron as an immediate action to give him a +17 for grapple. he will then try and establish a grapple with every bureaucrat that he hits. If he ends up succeeding against more than one, all of the others will be grappled at a -20 penalty in order for him to be treated as not grappled.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-07-04 at 11:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I figured an inane encounter for an insane character was appropriate.

I also thought that giving you a large number of easily slain mooks from whom you could potentially collect blood might be helpful...

He hits with his 1st, 3rd, and 4th tentacles and his spiked knee. The charity people are completely shocked by this turn of events and fail to act.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    eh true. It's more that you used the anachronism of social workers, who, while they existed in this time period in a fashion, were not called that. I don't mind the lunacy. After all, this guy is Mr Tentacles and is collecting a blood bank because he thinks it will ease a grieving widow's heart.

i start a grapple with the first tentacle victim and take -20 on my grapples with the others to do so with just a single tentacle. Those i still have in my grasp then are squeezed and raked against my armor spikes

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-3)[9]
    damage if successful grapple: (1d3+5)[6] nonlethal and (1d6)[3] lethal

(1d20-3)[11]
    damage if successful grapple: (1d3+5)[6] nonlethal and (1d6)[6] lethal

(1d20-3)[17]
    damage if successful grapple: (1d3+5)[8] nonlethal and (1d6)[4] lethal

then on my turn I will manifest expansion to go up a size category.
    Spoiler
    Show
    concentration: (1d20+10)[20] to manifest while grappling (dc:20). This will increase my grapple by 5.

No grapple checks are required, but they will have to make them if they want to escape.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

that first grapple check should have a +17 modifier, not -3. copy paste error. add 20 to that first roll, so that it conforms with what i said i would do in the post. If you'd rather I reroll, it'll be (1d20+17)[22]

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

The second social worker manages to escape, but the other two are crushed into unconsciousness against your armor spikes.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

once they fall unconscious, he drops them.

If there are four more social workers in his now 15' reach, he attempts to nab another four of them. and kicks at the one who escaped his grasp. If he left his threatened area, this is the AoO.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27]
    (1d6+6)[7] damage if it hits, (1d20+22)[23] to establish the grapple. (1d4+5)[9] nonlethal and (1d8)[5] lethal if successful grapple

(1d20+7)[10]
    (1d6+6)[9] damage if it hits, (1d20+2)[8] (taking a -20 hit to use just a tentacle) to establish the grapple. (1d4+5)[6] nonlethal and (1d8)[7] lethal if successful grapple

(1d20+7)[9]
    (1d6+6)[7] damage if it hits, (1d20+2)[13] (taking a -20 hit to use just a tentacle) to establish the grapple. (1d4+5)[7] nonlethal and (1d8)[8] lethal if successful grapple

(1d20+7)[8]
    (1d6+6)[10] damage if it hits, (1d20+2)[3] (taking a -20 hit to use just a tentacle) to establish the grapple. (1d4+5)[9] nonlethal and (1d8)[5] lethal if successful grapple

(1d20+7)[20] (-5 if it's not an AoO but a secondary attack due to the one who escaped not fleeing)

if they fled, he manifests psionic lion's charge and charges after them and then does his above mojo with +2 to the attack roll.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-07-05 at 12:57 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+2)[4] damage if that last attack hits

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

One of your tentacles crits, killing that worker outright.

Two of them manage to grab onto and hold another two.

The fourth tentacles misses.

Your kick connects, but you didn't roll damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that I'm godmodding your PC in another thread at the moment, because I have a player who wants to join your cult. She wants to help you gather blood...
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

*nudge* filler
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

he attempts to damage the last two in a grapple.

(1d20+22)[34]
    (1d4+5)[8] nonlethal and [roll]1d8[roll] lethal

(1d20+2)[14]
    (1d4+5)[9] nonlethal and [roll]1d8[roll] lethal

satisfied with the number of bureaucrats he has taken care of, strangles all the unconscious one (coup do grace), resumes his disguise, brings them back to the lair, and drains them all of their blood into the jar.

Spoiler
    Show
    we can fast forward to the point where you are godmodding me now.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

[roll0]
    [roll1]

lethal damages

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

(1d8)[7]

(1d8)[7]

try again.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You obtain
    (1d4+6)[7] + (1d4+6)[10] + (1d4+6)[7] + (1d4+6)[9] + (1d4+6)[10]
    pints of blood from the bodies.

A man approaches you as you are leaving your alley, his dark black and blue clothing hides his body, and a hood covers most of his head. What you can see of his face is so pale as to be almost white and has a soul patch on his bottom lip. He wears dark glasses which hide his eyes, though you are occasionally able to glimpse them, noticing they are glassy red orbs with no pupil.

"Hey, I see you're out on the streets. I know a nice place you can come live that's warm and dry and has good food. We don't ask too much of you in return either."

[hr]She considers for a moment. She has spent some work on this hovel, and, though it is still just a musty alleyway, it's as much home as she has in this city, as much home as anyone could have. She is reluctant to leave it, but this strange man intrigues her. She shakes her head, and replies.

"Such comforts you may have, but I like my home, bleak as it is. Still..." She pauses, "I do wonder what sort of man offers such comforts to a stranger, unless you are thinking of taking advantage of a poor woman in need. You don't strike me as the sort, though. I am no fool. What do you offer, and what do you request?"

[hr]"My patron's husband was recently slaughtered in cold blood. I avenged that death, and now she wants to use her finances to help the less fortunate. Of course, we ask that those who are slightly more fortunate amongst the less fortunate to contribute what they can to help out."

[hr]She shakes her head.

"I do not care much for charity. I have my talents, and they serve me well enough. If you require some assistance avenging any other deaths, then maybe I can help you. My talents do not lie in the preserving of lives."

[hr]"Well, we're collecting blood...
    See, we're establishing a blood bank, so we don't want blood taking from the unwilling."

[hr]"I apologize. Your pursuit is... noble. To be sure. However... I find myself with a vast dislike for noble pursuits. By your appearance, I had hoped you might have a more sinister motive. Something by which I could get some small revenge on this accursed city. Perhaps something profitable. If I want to do a good deed, I'll join a clergy."

She sighs and leans against the wall.

"For a city that devastated my life those years ago, I'm finding this place is too full of morality for my taste."

[hr]He looks around quickly.

"Well, maybe the mistress wouldn't mind too much is the blood wasn't taken... willingly. Just don't tell her, and you're hired."

[hr]She shook her head in disappointment. This had looked promising, but charity work was most definitely NOT what she wanted. Even killing people lost its appeal when it was for a charity like this. Still... there was a chance, just a chance, that the charity was just a facade. She'd have to determine that for sure before making her decision.

"I'd like to meet this mistress before making my decision, if it's all the same to you. Or at the very least someone who knows more than you do."
    Your turn to speak. I hope that was acceptable for your character. I figured he was trying to pass as sane and came across as just a little bit off and clumsy.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ooh. that was perfect. exactly what I was hoping it would be.

"I can take you to meet her If you wish. I must confess that I don't know why exactly she wants five gallons of blood in a milk can, but she does."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

btw, that gives me a total of 45 and 12/14 pints of blood. I will deliver the blood to the mistress when I show this lady to her. I will use my cutists to do other errands for me, if whatever my mistress asks of me next could be helped by them.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-07-06 at 01:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

She nods. "Take me to her, then."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Marqhu leads her there, and brings along the blood pail, which is now overflowing with blood.

when they arrive, he tells the mistress, "I have brought back the blood you have asked for. What is next, great mistress?"

Spoiler
    Show

do i get xp for the bureaucrats and/or completing my blood collection quest?