New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Now You Can't Say You've Never Done This Before - IC

Not so fast Edrik, I feel that the people of the village have a right to hear this woman explain herself as well. I feel that we owe them that much.

[OOC: I want Sohn to roll a sense motive as well, but I don't have my dice on me so it'll have to wait]

[OOC: sense motive!!!
    d20 + 4 (skill ranks)
    die roll: 7

ouch, not much better.]
    Last edited by big teej; 2010-11-21 at 05:55 PM. Reason: got my dice

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Beattle crosses his arms over his chest.

"For now, just let her get on with the story," he suggests.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Sohn, Edrik:
    The woman seems bitter, angry, disillusioned, and a thoroughly nasty individual, but gives no indication that she's trying to deceive you in any way.

All:
    Sour Face sneers at Edrik. "Justice. Where was your god's justice when the orcs came?"

She turns to Beattle. "I have no more stories for you, little man. I've told you all there is to tell: the Master sits in his manor, plotting tomorrow night's sacrifice. The Initiates are all to die. If it was up to me, I'd let him go through with it, kill him afterward, and burn the rest of the village to the ground. Let them all rot in whatever hell they've earned. But it's not up to me, and I'll have nothing more to do with it."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Sohn ponders the woman's words for a moment...

what was your name?
    he asks

[to the party]
    If no one has any other questions, I suggest we haul her back to the villiage now, they deserve the opportunity to see what has caused them so much pain, and question it.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Edrik is unphased by her caustic words.

"Aye, injustice will happen... but you must realize it will be balanced by the end. You'll answer for your crimes as the orcs will answer for theirs. For now, you shall be judged by those you have wronged. Can anyone speak against this? We have more work to do."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the idea of taking her back to the village for judgement and then pressing on meets the approval of the party, Edrik has some rope in his pack that he will use to bind the woman's hands tightly behind her, and her legs so she cannot run away, but not so tightly that it will impede the party's progress back to the village.

6. - Top - End - #276

BlackDragon

Beattle nods. "Let's take her back. And the others too."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

The woman looks at Sohn for a long moment, her expression unreadable.

"My name is Lynnia," she says, finally, holding her wrists out for Edrik's waiting rope.

Lynnia offers no resistance on the way back into the village, and even helps to keep the Initiates moving by barking out sharp commands whenever one of them starts to wander off. Still, the going is slow. Afternoon is just beginning to slide into evening as you near the fortified temple.

Suddenly, an angry shout erupts from somewhere on the domed temple roof, followed by the rough, whizzing hiss of a crossbow shot. The heavy bolt misses Lynnia's head by mere inches, burying itself deep in the wall of a burned-out house across the street.

Up on the temple roof stands the gawky youth who took over sentry duty for Gyurt when you arrived this morning. As he struggles to reload his heavy crossbow, he cries out, voice cracking with emotion, "Stand back! I don't want to hurt any of you, but the gray-robes die!"

8. - Top - End - #278

BlackDragon

Beattle sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Fine and dandy. But you're more likely to hit one of us than a grey robe the way you shoot. Let us in and get Gyurt," Beattle calls out.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Aye. the only one of any danger Sohn gestures at the woman with his morningstar has been rendered harmless. I'm sure the people of the villiage would wish to question her themselves, at the very least, ask Gyurt his counsel on the matter.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Edrik, like the others, quickly motions for the boy to hold his fire.
    This woman shall be judged according to your laws! Now let us inside so we may proceed.