New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lix Lorn and Strawberries IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Street kid, remember? She has to have a nickname.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's cute. It may slip out some time, leading to embarrassment on Laen's part. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #183

And so, the duo travels back to their town. It's a fairly uneventful trip, compared to the short but eventful journey they just were on. Nothing much has changed in the city, and everything is much the same as it was before. The question now is, will they search for more work actively, or wait for it to come to them? And then, will the do it now, or relax before they go out and put themselves in danger again?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Kitra takes a deep breath when she is back in the slums "Well, same rotten smell, same jailbirds running around, same deeply screwed political system, I'd bet. I'm glad the city hasn't changed" she says mockingly.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Laen gave a slight nod.
    "Indeed." he said wryly. "Shall we storm the leaders now, or wait?"

Spoiler
    Show
    She can probably tell he's joking. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Kitra smiles, surprised that he is joking. She had not pegged him for the kind to. "Anytime you're ready, just say the word and I'll be at your side" she answers, amused.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

"Certainly not soon." he smiled slightly. "We wouldn't stand the slightest chance."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, but we'll go out in a blaze of glory, and our deeds will be sung as an heroic battlecry against tyranny " she replies "Or, more likely, our bodies will be hung from the walls to rot and people would be to scared to look at them directly" she sighs, then smiles again, leading him to the nearest watering hole. "Come on, honey, I'll pay you a beer. How can you stand being a paladin in this mess?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"Likely." he agreed. "Someone needs to stand up. It might as well be me."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah. But I don't see the rest of your order rushing over themselves to overthrow the government" she looks piercingly at him "And don't tell me they wouldn't have the strenght for it, because I won't believe you. They looked strong enough to harrass me and mine, when I was a kid."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-10-04 at 01:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

He all but winced.
    "...most of us tend to focus on the big things. There's nothing more powerful than a dragon, so logically, nothing more evil than a bad dragon. But the mortal races can cause just as much damage."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

"Logically. Right." she scoffs "Let me tell you that, cupcake. The times I've been hurt, dragons had nothing to do with it. Not one single bit."

She guides him inside the pub (for the occasion, she would have chosen one without a too bad reputation), motioning the service for ale.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"That's why I'm here in the city and not praying to Bahamut to become one of His favoured." he said, still smiling, with slight sorrow.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-10-04 at 02:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hey, I'm glad you're here, sweetheart. You make me laugh." at him or with him, she doesn't specify "But I reserve the right to punch in the face any other person from your order I may run into, 'kay?". She grins at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    psst...your color is slipping
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-10-04 at 02:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

"...seems fair." he said with a shrug.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops. >_>

16. - Top - End - #196

As Kitra sits down and motions for service, the bartender walks up and drops two large glasses of ale for the pair. "That'll be si'cops, ma'am."

((6 copper, in case you couldn't tell through the accent ))
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Kitra pays a silver piece, leaving a generous tip, then leans back in her chair enjoying the ale. However, she is keeping an eye on the crowd "Well, sweetie, those are the slums" she motions around "If I know the slums, we won't be out of a job for long - even if I can't guarantee that most of the offers we'll get will be...palatable for you." She smirks, takinf another sip of ale "For how I see it, might as well relax and enjoy the beverages. Or" she says, winking "I could see which one of my...acquaintances here needs a favor. Your choice, cupcake."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

"It might be nice to relax briefly." he said, brushing off the 'cupcake'. "But we'd best search for a job soon."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

"Slums, honey. Those kind of places, it's the jobs that come looking for you." she says, confidently. "After all, people here know what I do for a living, and thank the gods you look like anything but a paladin."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fiddler, I'm pretty confident someone will show up soon with an offer we can't refuse, but in case it doesn't happen, Kitra is going to make some discrete inquiries among her acquaintances. At the moment, however, she is enjoying her beer.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"A good point." he conceded.

21. - Top - End - #201

The bartender is quite obviously surprised by Kitra's payment... it's not normal to tip enough to pay for an entire extra drink.

As Kitra and Laen continue to talk, the patrons of the pub continue to live their lives, until the bartender walks up to them, and leaves two new glasses of ale, conveniently as their current ones were feeling a bit... empty. "Paid fo' by..." He looks around for a few seconds before shrugging. "Guess 'e left a'ready." He doesn't wait for an acknowledgment and returns to his job. There's a piece of parchment between the glasses, but the bartender doesn't seem to have noticed.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Kitra smirks "See? Told you, honey" she says, opening the parchment to see what it is about.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Laen smiled Slightly. Kitra certainly seemed to know what she was doing.

24. - Top - End - #204

The note is written rather elegantly, though it is a bit rushed.

"Dear You Two,

I couldn't help but overhear that you might be looking for work soon. How coincidental, as I may just be hiring within the next day. Take a day or two to rest, and when you're ready, come to the address listed below.

Oh, and sorry for eavesdropping."

The note isn't signed, though below the main body, there is in fact an address within the city.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Kitra reads the letter a couple of times, turning it over and examining it carefully for possible clues "Well, there you are" she says, finally passing the letter to Laen "Now we start to play the lovely guessing game: a trap, someone up to no good, or someone who actually needs help" she smirks "I'll give you an hint: third option? Very rare."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in a spot check to examine the parchment more closely. I doubt it'll help, but ou never know.

spot - (1d20+7)[9] EDIT: told you.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-10-06 at 11:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"Quite possibly a combination of them." he said.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

"Someone really needing our help while being up to no good and stuck in a trap? That would be new.". She smiles, to show him she is teasing, then, with the tone of someone who is back to buisness. She is keeping a low voice to avoid others eavesdroppers "I'm going to talk to the owner, here, get a description of our friend, possibly some other info. Guy got a pretty big tip, should be willing to chat a bit. Unless you think the entire affair is too shady for you to get involved."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"Might be worth trying." he shrugged.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

"Very well, honey, I'm going to do my thing, then" Kitra says, downing the rest of her beer and approaching the bartender, waiting for a moment when he is serving no customers. She leans on the counter, smiling a bit at him "So, buddy" she starts "The guy who sent us those beers, was he a new face here?". Her tone is casual, but anyone with a bit of experience on how the slums work could tell she is looking for information.

30. - Top - End - #210

"Hmm? Oh, him. Nah, he shows up e'ry now an' then, maybe every two o' three days."