New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn: OOC Thread 10

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ...That's messed up.
    No, it's simply different.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Talking about laws and age of consent is rather pointless. Worst Alex will get from this is either a day in jail or a fine, and bad reputation. You can bring up additional points up if you play Alex's capture / interrogation.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    In parts of America the age of consent is 16. Where I live is one of those places. Alexander is from America as well, so he'd know it would look odd. There's no way that the police or Claudia would know why he was there.
    Which is why it's suspicious.

Again, he didn't trespass further, and did eventually leave, but he attempted to gain entry under blatantly false pretenses. That's very suspicious, and in my mind enough reason to inform the police. Not necessarily enough for an arrest, but certainly something that will make everyone more cautious in the future. Since they don't know the "real" reason, they only have guesses.

@Callos: I stand by my statement.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Shizuka is still present, isn't she? Knowing her, she could still cause that sentence to bite back at her in some way.
    True... I suppose she could have woken up in time to hear the line. I wonder how long it'd take for that unintentional implication to sink in? XD
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

In parts of America the age of consent is 16. Where I live is one of those places. Alexander is from America as well, so he'd know it would look odd. There's no way that the police or Claudia would know why he was there.
    He gave her a hint, and, in any case, the reason that he claimed for being there could not possibly be accurate. Because of this, his actual reason doesn't matter much, since, as stated, trying to gain entry into a private (if somewhat loosely controlled) party under false pretenses is very suspicious behavior. Furthermore, his statement while leaving offered a glimpse into a mind that a normal person would probably regard as deranged, knowing nothing of the spirit world.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    He gave her a hint, and, in any case, the reason that he claimed for being there could not possibly be accurate. Because of this, his actual reason doesn't matter much, since, as stated, trying to gain entry into a private (if somewhat loosely controlled) party under false pretenses is very suspicious behavior. Furthermore, his statement while leaving offered a glimpse into a mind that a normal person would probably regard as deranged, knowing nothing of the spirit world.
    He'll just deny it. Why couldn't him needing to talk to Vi be accurate? If Claudia told Viatrix what Alexander said at the end, she'd know exactly what he meant, and maybe vouch for him.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

He'll just deny it. Why couldn't him needing to talk to Vi be accurate? If Claudia told Viatrix what Alexander said at the end, she'd know exactly what he meant, and maybe vouch for him.
    A.) The odds of her vouching for him are rather low.

B.) He stated that he was there on urgent business, in marked contrast to both his admitted behavior and his general demeanor until questioned.

C.) After Claudia learns more, she will find out that Vi doesn't even work for the catering company that she hired, and so will know that he had absolutely no basis for assuming that she would be at the party. Frankly, the idea that he knew to ask about any one of their names at all is rather surprising.
    Edit:
    D.) She has a witness.

E.) For spreading rumors, it doesn't matter whether he can deny it or not. She likely will tell any and all parents she speaks with to keep an eye out.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-07-11 at 08:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Can't you just accept that a.)one way or another, he lied to try to get into the party, b.)Claudia and Shin both distrust him enormously now, and c.)they're going to report him to the police.

Just accept those facts and move on. You can actually work this into the character's roleplay, or blithely ignore it. Up to you. But Sucrose and I have both told you what's going to happen so far as our characters' actions are concerned.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    True... I suppose she could have woken up in time to hear the line. I wonder how long it'd take for that unintentional implication to sink in? XD
    Poor thing has had enough today, don't you think?

@KD: And I by mine.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-07-11 at 08:15 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    A.) The odds of her vouching for him are rather low.

B.) He stated that he was there on urgent business, in marked contrast to both his admitted behavior and his general demeanor until questioned.

C.) After Claudia learns more, she will find out that Vi doesn't even work for the catering company that she hired, and so will know that he had absolutely no basis for assuming that she would be at the party. Frankly, the idea that he knew to ask about any one of their names at all is rather surprising.
    Edit:
    D.) She has a witness.

E.) For spreading rumors, it doesn't matter whether he can deny it or not. She likely will tell any and all parents she speaks with to keep an eye out.
    Why wouldn't she vouch for him? It was urgent to him. He thought that having the soda with him would make him seem more like he would belong there. He only knows a few Bount. If she wasn't there than he could have just played it off as having the wrong house.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

@Riccaru & Co: You know, this is exactly the kind of discussion I'd rather avoid. You could've played out Alex's interrogation in the same time it has taken for you to argue, and set all these details in stone at one go. Why are you recounting every single possible way this could go? That's an exercise in futility.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Riccaru & Co: You know, this is exactly the kind of discussion I'd rather avoid. You could've played out Alex's interrogation in the same time it has taken for you to argue, and set all these details in stone at one go. Why are you recounting every single possible way this could go? That's an exercise in futility.
    I'd have been fine with that.

It's riccaru that's fighting IC actions by myself and Sucrose, as well as the possible consequences. I'd be more than fine with RPing this. But...*shrugs*

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Why wouldn't she vouch for him? It was urgent to him. He thought that having the soda with him would make him seem more like he would belong there. He only knows a few Bount. If she wasn't there than he could have just played it off as having the wrong house.
    'More like he would belong there' just means that he was trying to sneak in under false pretenses, by another measure. In fact, it indicates premeditation.

She wouldn't vouch for him because, so far as I know, she has no pre-existing relationship with him, and so has no reason to stick out her neck for him, when she doesn't know that it was urgent to him, and has no reason to care even if it is.

As for the proposed excuse, going to the outskirts of town and checking, at random, the houses there on the off chance that Vi would be there, seems like an explanation that any competent cop would buy to you? Again, there is no indication beyond her reiatsu that Vi is there at all, despite him claiming that he knew that Vi was there because of 'her car being there'. It is not.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

Riccaru, this probably would have gone better if you thought it out a bit more, and, y'know, actually said something about Alex being a frequent customer of Vi's instead of just ASSUMING IT.

Of course, even if he was, she wouldn't unless he paid her. She's kinda bitchy like that.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-07-11 at 08:19 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #375

It's riccaru that's fighting IC actions by myself and Sucrose, as well as the possible consequences. I'd be more than fine with RPing this. But...*shrugs*
    But.. I never said I wouldn't want to? If there was legal action taken against Alexander he wouldn't be the one to start it. I said the cops called would be bad for him, which it might be.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

Right. But couldn't you redirect it somehow to where it didn't become a recurring issue? Couldn't you simply say something to shut it down or solve it differently than just thumping reasons over the guy's head, letting him come up with a counter-argument starting the process all over again? It is indeed possible to find a way that doesn't drag arguments out like this. I personally don't know what that would be, but certainly there has to be one.

The reason why I'm asking is because I find the constant bickering a little bit more than disturbing. I simply think that there has to be a better way of dealing with this sort of thing aside from butting heads until one party gives.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-07-11 at 08:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

But.. I never said I wouldn't want to? If there was legal action taken against Alexander he wouldn't be the one to start it. I said the cops called would be bad for him, which it might be.
    Well, in another post or so, Claudia will likely be placing the call.

Then we RP it from there, IC. Any objections?

18. - Top - End - #378

Knight if you want to do this IC then someone else will have to initiate it. Alexander isn't going to go to the police and tell them that he lied to some lady to talk to see what was happening in the party. Kaito's dad is a police officer, right? You could role play him if you wanted.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Knight if you want to do this IC then someone else will have to initiate it. Alexander isn't going to go to the police and tell them that he lied to some lady to talk to see what was happening in the party. Kaito's dad is a police officer, right? You could role play him if you wanted.
    1.)...I thought the clear meaning of my post was "Claudia calls the cops, who then seek him out for questioning". I was posting that OOC to make sure it met with your approval. May I then assume you are alright with him being brought in for questioning?
    2.)Why yes, you are correct. Kaito's father is a police officer. An investigator, no less. The sort who looks into these sorts of things.

20. - Top - End - #380

1.)...I thought the clear meaning of my post was "Claudia calls the cops, who then seek him out for questioning". I was posting that OOC to make sure it met with your approval. May I then assume you are alright with him being brought in for questioning?
    2.)Why yes, you are correct. Kaito's father is a police officer. An investigator, no less. The sort who looks into these sorts of things.
    Unless he's under arrest he doesn't actually have to talk, you know. But sure, have him brought in.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't shake off the feeling that this would be much more amusing if Eirine and Donovan dealt with Alexander for going and almost making it even more likely for their cover to be blown.

Really, if he knew Viatrix would be there he has no purpose not to know about Donovan and the rest of the bount (specially since he sort-of-identified the car, except he said the name of the wrong sister).

I can just see Jammerlich dragging Alexander's sorry face on the asphalt, and maybe Eirine going Zeus on him and feeding his liver to the crows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I can't shake off the feeling that this would be much more amusing if Eirine and Donovan dealt with Alexander for going and almost making it even more likely for their cover to be blown.

Really, if he knew Viatrix would be there he has no purpose not to know about Donovan and the rest of the bount (specially since he sort-of-identified the car, except he said the name of the wrong sister).

I can just see Jammerlich dragging Alexander's sorry face on the asphalt, and maybe Eirine going Zeus on him and feeding his liver to the crows.
    Uh oh. They'll have to wait their turn, and possibly expect intervention.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Firbolg in the Playground

Free Hand, Mongoose, Innis, whatever happened to the Hideout Scene? Whose turn was it to post?

24. - Top - End - #384

So, shall Claudia make the call? I keep thinking Claudia would be a good vampire Bount name. ((Anyone get the ref?))

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So, shall Claudia make the call? I keep thinking Claudia would be a good vampire Bount name. ((Anyone get the ref?))
    She will, but we're kind of waiting for Prime to respond to my last post. Shin has yet to give her the information necessary.

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Free Hand, Mongoose, Innis, whatever happened to the Hideout Scene? Whose turn was it to post?
    Yours or Free Hands. But his computer broke so he'll be back weds at the earliest I believe. We can still keep it going until then if you'd like.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

27. - Top - End - #387

Yes, Nao did just show fear in episode 2. In his own way. "Please comply"

Edit: Any ideas what Nao could be doing now? There aren't any rogue shinigami in Soul Society right now.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-07-11 at 10:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Poor thing has had enough today, don't you think?

@KD: And I by mine.
    I'm not going to argue the point. Just saying...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

29. - Top - End - #389

It only makes it worse when Takeshi is one more or less phone call away. The situation can go from comedic hopelessness to...full scale devestation in one butterfly and a drunken shunpo away.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-07-11 at 11:27 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ack! Not the Vacations again. Yeah I'm going away again until this weekend. Draken has NPC control over Katisugo if necessary.

Have fun without me.

*Puts on a wicked hat and walks out the building...erm, forum.*
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"