New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn: OOC Thread 10

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Alright, I'm going to wait for a few more opinions on an Omake thread (though general opinion seems favorable at the moment). If there are no other major objections, I shall take the liberty of making the thread, unless anyone else would like to.
    Do it. I approve.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Sorry about the double post, but are Arrancars' Zanpaktou's names in Spanish or Japanese?
    Zanpakutou name in spanish. Release command language is optional between the three languages (english, japanese and spanish). Special abilities in spanish.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #243

Zeikobuburakku (He goes by Zeiko) Arrancar: Numero #22
    (I decided to make his name follow a more Japanese sound...

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: He is very feminine. He also *is an artist, loving to paint and very good at it as well. He tends to be fiendly enough, but mess up his artwork, and you're dead.

Appearance: Zeiko is tall and slim, his colorful clothes are very lovely and stylish. He wears a a skin tight sleevless shirt and a skirt. His long silver hair reaches his waist, and is the same color as his eyes. The remains of his mask form a white headband that holds his hair down. Gold lines spiral down his arms. *His skin is normally a plain tanned color, but as his mood changes, so does his skin. Anger is red, joy is yellow, sadness is blue, fear or alarm is orange, etcetera.

Abilities: His Sonido is slightly below average skill, so he relies on his expert swordfighting skills and his strong Hierro to protect him. He tends not to use Cero and Bala often, though he doesn't totally neglect their use, but he isn't to skilled in them.*

Zanpaktou: Pincel Dorado

Pincel Dorado is a plain katana with a brilliant gold hilt, and multicolored ribbons attached to said hilt. A little bump is sticking out of the bottom of the hilt, which when pulle on, comes out and turns out to be a paintbrush.

Ressureccion: Paint a brilliant masterpiece, Pincel Dorado!

When his ressureccion is activated, Zeiko grows a long tail, which he grips in one hand. His hair also lengthens, as the white headband spreads over it, making it all white as well. The tail is razor sharp, and he swings it. His hair he grips in his other hand, the end of it now coated in some black liquid, it resembles a paintbrush with black paint on it.

Ressurection ability: Pintura Místico.

If he is able to paint a circle with an "X" through it on his opponent's chest using his hair, it will temporarily immobilize them for about 5 seconds. This immobilization means that his opponent cannot move from that spot, but still has full control over their body, able to use a weapon and so on. Then it will fade away once they regain mobility, and must be applied again to renew the ability. It cannot be used while the last symbol is still on the person's body.

I feel like I messed up on the special ability. I was gonna have more symbols, but I couldn't think of anymore abilities to go with it.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2010-07-10 at 09:50 PM.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty;8891224EDIT: Anyway, I felt I should mention this to everyone here. Me, and CMOT have been trying to arrange a GITP meetup at this years Archon in St. Louis, MO. With the exception of Moon Wolf, NothingClever, and Kasanip; I do believe that everyone in the BleachITP does live in the United States, so I thought maybe some of you would like to come along. [URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158645"
    Here[/URL] is the link to are Archon meetup thread if anyone is interested.
    *lives in Australia*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    *lives in Australia*
    *not only lives in Ireland but displays this below his av*

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure how good this is, but take a look.

Zeikobuburakku (He goes by Zeiko) Arrancar: Numero #22
    (I decided to make his name follow a more Japanese style...)

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: He is very feminine. He also *is an artist, loving to paint and very good at it as well. He tends to be fiendly enough, but mess up his artwork, and you're dead.

Appearance: Zeiko is tall and slim, his colorful clothes are very lovely and stylish. He wears a a skin tight sleevless shirt and a skirt. His long silver hair reaches his waist, and is the same color as his eyes. The remains of his mask form a white headband that holds his hair down. Gold lines spiral down his arms. *His skin is normally a plain tanned color, but as his mood changes, so does his skin. Anger is red, joy is yellow, sadness is blue, fear or alarm is orange, etcetera.

Abilities: His Sonido is slightly below average skill, so he relies on his expert swordfighting skills and his strong Hierro to protect him. He tends not to use Cero and Bala often, though he doesn't totally neglect their use, but he isn't to skilled in them.*

Zanpaktou: Pincel Dorado

Pincel Dorado is a plain katana with a brilliant gold hilt, and multicolored ribbons attached to said hilt. A little bump is sticking out of the bottom of the hilt, which when pulle on, comes out and turns out to be a paintbrush.

Ressureccion: Paint a brilliant masterpiece, Pincel Dorado!

When his ressureccion is activated, Zeiko grows a long tail, which he grips in one hand. His hair also lengthens, as the white headband spreads over it, making it all white as well. The tail is razor sharp, and he swings it. His hair he grips in his other hand, the end of it now coated in some black liquid, it resembles a paintbrush with black paint on it.

Ressurection ability: Pintura Místico.

If he is able to paint a circle with an "X" through it on his opponent's chest using his hair, it will temporarily immobilize them for about 5 seconds. Then it will fade away once they regain mobility, and must be applied again to renew the ability. It cannot be used while the last symbol is still on the person's body.

I feel like I messed up on the special ability. I was gonna have more symbols, but I couldn't think of anymore abilities to go with it.
    Even the one is quite potent. Also, what is the extent of this immobility? Held in one place? Absolute paralysis? I'd personally recommend the former, as it still provides a strong benefit that can be leveraged tactically, but isn't a total win button against someone that can be harmed at all by Zeiko's attacks. If you go with the latter, I strongly recommend against a hard number like '5 seconds.'
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Even the one is quite potent. Also, what is the extent of this immobility? Held in one place? Absolute paralysis? I'd personally recommend the former, as it still provides a strong benefit that can be leveraged tactically, but isn't a total win button against someone that can be harmed at all by Zeiko's attacks. If you go with the latter, I strongly recommend against a hard number like '5 seconds.'
    Upon reflection, I agree with this statement.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Just so everyopne's aware, my computer has crashed some days ago, it's not something I can fix myself so Wednesday is the earilset I can expect it to be back online. I have some access through my local library but I'm not going to be directly participating in any of the larger plots for now since I'd be in the way of things.

For Pan in Huculo mundo clever can skip over interaction with him and just have him go along with his scheme, Either possessing or bolstering the champion.

have to go now no time left to even read whats gone recently.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Segunda's Palacio]
    "Is that so, Miss?", Lalita says, a devilish glint passing through his eyes. "If I have piqued your interest, I hope you'll wait with me for Master Segunda's return? He might be interested in hearing your offer. He'll be delighted to see such a pretty lade, in a any case. Should we conclude our walk, or can the mail wait?"
    Awwww, I was hoping he'd invite her to watch the event with him as an excuse for a date and follow in Edward's footsteps. Then again, this could help Pico further...
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-10 at 06:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Awwww, I was hoping he'd invite her to watch the event with him as an excuse for a date and follow in Edward's footsteps. Then again, this could help Pico further...
    He might, but for the moment he finds plotting Canguro's doom more alluring.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*Looks at Soul Society*

Ok, I'm all for a little comedy, but could I ask that we not crank the "comedic paperwork levels" notch up any more?

At this rate, it's going to suggest that absolutely no one has done any form of paperwork anywhere, at any time, in Soul Society for the last 2000 years. Which...yeah.

Not saying delete the post. Just asking this be the last sign of "backlogged paperwork". Honestly, even this feels like a huge stretch. >_>

12. - Top - End - #252
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ya...and that would be awful. Comedy for comedies sake. Lets not have any of that shall we?
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thanks for misreading my post.

What I was asking for was that we not crank the comedy dial up so high, that the paperwork passes so far into the absurd that it begs the question of its own existence.

But if you want to read that as me saying "stop having fun guys", then sure. Take my specific statement and make it a blanket one.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Firbolg in the Playground

Your welcome I suppose. Thats just how it came across. I was more worried because it actually sounded like you weren/t so much asking as telling. Could just be me though Sorry if I misunderstood your purpose.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    *Looks at Soul Society*

Ok, I'm all for a little comedy, but could I ask that we not crank the "comedic paperwork levels" notch up any more?

At this rate, it's going to suggest that absolutely no one has done any form of paperwork anywhere, at any time, in Soul Society for the last 2000 years. Which...yeah.

Not saying delete the post. Just asking this be the last sign of "backlogged paperwork". Honestly, even this feels like a huge stretch. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Your welcome I suppose. Thats just how it came across. I was more worried because it actually sounded like you weren/t so much asking as telling. Could just be me though Sorry if I misunderstood your purpose.
    Your fault for not seeing where I used the word "ask". But I accept your apology.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Eh...I'm with Knight on this one--backlogged paperwork from a month or so is pretty ridiculous, but 1000 years seems entirely unrealistic. How does a bureaucratic body function if people don't get to documents in more than 1000 years?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh...I'm with Knight on this one--backlogged paperwork from a month or so is pretty ridiculous, but 1000 years seems entirely unrealistic. How does a bureaucratic body function if people don't get to documents in more than 1000 years?
    More like "how do non-preserved paper documents last for 1000 years without crumbling to dust".

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

More like "how do non-preserved paper documents last for 1000 years without crumbling to dust".
    Forget a 1000 years, how would they last 100?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps things in Soul Society don't decay the way they do in the mortal realm? Or maybe Seireitei documents are made of non-degrading paper. Or something.

Point is, I find it a bit strange that you can have a paperwork backlog of a 1000 years. What were the pencil-pushers doing the whole time?
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-07-10 at 07:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Visiting the Kido Corp. Obviously.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Visiting the Kido Corp. Obviously.
    No, I'm serious--for a paperwork backlog of a 1000 years to develop, the bureaucracy has not touched the stuff since, like, the conquest of England and the first Crusades. I ask this seriously: what were they doing the whole time? Why haven't they touched the stuff for so long?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

No, I'm serious--for a paperwork backlog of a 1000 years to develop, the bureaucracy has not touched the stuff since, like, the conquest of England and the first Crusades. I ask this seriously: what were they doing the whole time? Why haven't they touched the stuff for so long?
    Obviously the back og is some old archive that got buried under new buildings circa 1000 years ago when Seireitei was being renovated due to some mishap, and was only recently dug up again when 7th division deeided to dismantle some really rotten buildings on their grounds.

Wackier things have happened in real life.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-07-10 at 07:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

They could have very well not known they had to do paperwork for the first couple hundred years. After which it's an attitude of 'well, nothing bad has happened from not turning it in yet, so i guess we can just let it slide' can do the rest until the present day.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Obviously the back og is some old archive that got buried under new buildings circa 1000 years ago when Seireitei was being renovated due to some mishap, and was only recently dug up again when 7th division deeided to dismantle some really rotten buildings on their grounds.

Wackier things have happened in real life.
    Then how did it magically appear above his roof?

Really, it's absurd. Not "funny absurd", just "absurd" the more you look at it. If what you say occurred occurred, then this paperwork is moot. If it was uncovered by dismantling a building, I think it would have been checked, and found to be defunct.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Then how did it magically appear above his roof?

Really, it's absurd. Not "funny absurd", just "absurd" the more you look at it. If what you say occurred occurred, then this paperwork is moot. If it was uncovered by dismantling a building, I think it would have been checked, and found to be defunct.
    I'm not seriously arguing it isn't. A room being so filled with paper that you can actually carve a cavern inside the pile and mistake unfinished paperwork for roof is rather surreal.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground

Actually, although I probably didn't make it clear enough on my end, there's only like two of the 1000 year old papers. The vast majority of the paperwork is not that old. Also, it's all already been done. So not much of a problem there. As for the roof caving in under the weight of paper... I know fine well enough that paperwork magically coming into existence to break through the roof is rather stupid, and honestly I'd totally agree with you if someone else actually did that. The basic explanation for what happened? is the chute broke, something like a paper jam in a printer but nastier, after it took in the wrong paperwork and a whole bunch of spare paper at the other end. I mean a lot. The chute goes over the roof and... well... The rest is history. A routine mechanical failure that had some rather silly effects. Didn't really want to spend more than a few posts longer than this, is it was just something to keep the character occupied until he had to do something. Which, looking at the other posts, is now.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah. Like I said, while this felt like a stretch, I was mostly just asking that it not get cranked up more. I will admit it was rather amusing, and the "mechanical problems" explanation does help.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

You know, a backlog of paper work of 1000 years would fill a standard room assuming it all survived. I mean, a paperwork backlog of two or three days is likely at least a foot of paper.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Ok changed it to the first one. Anything else?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok changed it to the first one. Anything else?
    No complaints here. Looks like an interesting character.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show