New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

The coffins are for stored Zombies that he's summoning up,I wonder how many he did and how many orochimaru had in storage...

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Yeahhhhh...

And over there is the crying baby you stole it from.
    Like we said, no downside.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Holy Crap, that was fast Innis. I just hit the "submit" button seconds before you posted.

Anyways, you're right. I just need to look at you to remember what "True Evil" is about. I hope he is lying anyways...
    Is jus' how I roll.

And he is, most certainly. The "There are no downsides" has already been shown to be a lie. He hasn't noticed Sasori got taken out or how he got taken out. It's not as perfect as he says.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Is jus' how I roll.

And he is, most certainly. The "There are no downsides" has already been shown to be a lie. He hasn't noticed Sasori got taken out or how he got taken out. It's not as perfect as he says.
    No downsides for the user. Those things don't invalidate that. A downside for the user would be selling your soul or something.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Firbolg in the Playground

The 2nd Hokage used it and then got it used on him himself. So it obviously doesn't do "soul damage" since you can get into "the pure world" after having used it and still have the intact soul the art requires to summon you.

The afterlife appears to be morally neutral in Naruto. Sacrificing yourself to save a village bars you from it if you use a sealing technique but being a horrible murderer doesn't.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    The afterlife appears to be morally neutral in Naruto. Sacrificing yourself to save a village bars you from it if you use a sealing technique but being a horrible murderer doesn't.
    Eh, all we know is that they're no longer in the world. Different areas for people of different morals are still possible.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-11 at 07:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

The thing that confuses me is didn't Sarutobi say something to the effect of wanting to see Orochimaru in the afterlife? Or am I remembering something that didn't happen? Anyways, how does he expect to do that when he is sealed in the Shinigami?

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe he said that when he was still confident he could seal all of Orochimaru, and meant "lets fight forever in the Death God's belly"?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Maybe he said that when he was still confident he could seal all of Orochimaru, and meant "lets fight forever in the Death God's belly"?
    That sounds like a horrible thing to say then.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    The thing that confuses me is didn't Sarutobi say something to the effect of wanting to see Orochimaru in the afterlife? Or am I remembering something that didn't happen? Anyways, how does he expect to do that when he is sealed in the Shinigami?
    It's a pretty common expression. Maybe you're more familiar with "See you in Hell!"

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    It's a pretty common expression. Maybe you're more familiar with "See you in Hell!"
    It seemed more like the opposite of that to me, like "I hope that in the next world we can leave all this crap behind us and be friends again".

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On Impure Resurrection: Maybe the downside is really simple and obvious?

I mean, it clearly takes a lot of prep time and chakra. And he also can't do the whole "total control" with too many, or they lose effectiveness.

So while it may not require 3/4 of his left kidney or something, it's still an intensive jutsu.

On Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth: I didn't like the 2nd one (didn't read the first) at all. Why? Because Lee couldn't catch a break. See, I like Lee as a character. He's willing to work hard for what he wants. He takes his lumps and keeps going. He just needs a bit of fashion advice, and to tone his volume/enthusiasm down a small amount.

Frankly, I'd rather see Sasuke die for good, Naruto live and get with Hinata, and Sakura wake up, smell the roses, and see that Lee actually, you know, appreciates her worth as a human being. But that's just me.

Also: Wow, gotta love how Anko just got roflpwned and stuffed under Kabutomaru's cloak. Way to have a strong female character, Kishi.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Also: Wow, gotta love how Anko just got roflpwned and stuffed under Kabutomaru's cloak. Way to have a strong female character, Kishi.
    Kubo Kishi is as Kubo Kishi does.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Kubo Kishi is as Kubo Kishi does.
    Kishi was FIRST. Do not compare him to Kubo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Kishi was FIRST. Do not compare him to Kubo.
    If the shoe trolling the fandom fits...

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fully expecting Anko's seal to become a major Chekov's gun, and turn her into Cudly Wudly Monster of DEATH just so Kabutomaru can suffer proper karmic payback...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If the shoe trolling the fandom fits...
    What is this? I don't even...

Anyway, I liked the new chapter personally. Though, Kabuto is totally bluffing and Anko's going to escape. I'm glad he brought back Zabuza and Haku. They never got much development, and they were always popular in the official character polls for a long while after they were dead.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

I for one am glad that they finally answered that, indeed, the zombies are restored with their kekkei genkai (sharingan and rennegan) intact.

Finally it'll end those silly beliefs that it wasn't Nagato that Kabuto summoned, and that even if it was, he didn't have the Rinnegan anymore because Madara took it.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    What is this? I don't even...

Anyway, I liked the new chapter personally. Though, Kabuto is totally bluffing and Anko's going to escape. I'm glad he brought back Zabuza and Haku. They never got much development, and they were always popular in the official character polls for a long while after they were dead.
    Could Kabuto want to transfer himself to Anko's body? I forget if that's why Orochimaru trained her.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-11 at 06:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Could Kabuto want to transfer himself to Anko's body? I forget if that's why Orochimaru trained her.
    Yes. But, I think it's been to soon to transfer bodies. Also, who is that snake? Nagini?

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Instead of letting Pain kill him, he managed to drown himself in a body of water. Guess it led to the ocean, or something...
    A hole in the concrete. In the city. Pretty much like artificial lake.

I admit, I don't see how they're incompetent.
    They receive valuable info about enemy movement, and what that kickboxer does? Slams his fist into the table and instantly shows his hand by issuing "charge!" order, immediately tipping off anyone. Even Zerg are more subtle than that.

Kabuto's line about needing the woman alive confuses me. Kabuto already produces Orochimaru chakra since he's absorbed the corpse. How would taking whatever sliver of Orochimaru in that woman help him? Can't he just divide some of the cells he already possesses instead?
    Maybe it's like midichlorians?

Plus, what cells? He just bit Sasuke, did any cells actually transfer?

Also, I wonder. How long can you wait before you can't get a meaningful DNA sample from a corpse? I would imagine Zabuza and others like him should've been too far gone to salvage.
    Never mind them, mind Kages who lived 100 years earlier.

Finally, while I also suspect Kabuto's lying, I can't think of a reason why he'd lie.
    To make himself more useful?

Though, I expected Madara to just copy his jutsu with Sharingan and kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    I must say I dislike this 8:2 nonsense with Naruto. It feels like an arbitrary hurdle thrown in his way rather than an organic part of the setting.
    Auyp.

Definitely. Even if the Aburame comes back with his bugs, which isn't a sure thing, the Yamanaka has unbelievable synergy with Impure World Resurrection.
    Why not? His body with bugs is two steps to the side.

He not only has huge synergy, he is sensor-type, which is supposedly a very rare thing.

Though, maybe he is still alive in the clone, and they will dug him out later?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm fully expecting Anko's seal to become a major Chekov's gun, and turn her into Cudly Wudly Monster of DEATH just so Kabutomaru can suffer proper karmic payback...
    Wasn't it actually erased?
    Above Us Only Sky

22. - Top - End - #1192

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Why not? His body with bugs is two steps to the side.
    ...because I didn't think of the bloody obvious, that's why. You're right.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Barbarian in the Playground

I wonder if Kishimoto is going for the afterlife being divided into pure good, and pure evil while the physical world has shades of grey.
    Frankly, I'd rather see Sasuke die for good, Naruto live and get with Hinata, and Sakura wake up, smell the roses, and see that Lee actually, you know, appreciates her worth as a human being. But that's just me.
    Is the Springtime of Youth thing canon? I don't think he interacted with Sakura outside of the exams. Well, at least in the manga he didn't. I wonder if he'd even has a crush on her after watching her dedicate her life to pining for a missing ninja.
    Why must she be an example of a strong female? I know of Kishmoto's track record with women, but can we really expect a canon fodder character male or female to prevail against a Big Bad? I'm still annoyed at Sakura's I'm too weak, I'll trust Naruto stance, but I don't think Anko counts as a bad example.
    They receive valuable info about enemy movement, and what that kickboxer does? Slams his fist into the table and instantly shows his hand by issuing "charge!" order, immediately tipping off anyone. Even Zerg are more subtle than that.
    You mean the Raikage? I don't see how his plan of digging out the enemy is a bad thing. Without knowing what the underground army is planning to do, or where it's planning to go, I'm not sure how you could act more subtly.
    Maybe it's like midichlorians?

Plus, what cells? He just bit Sasuke, did any cells actually transfer?
    Guess you're right it's a midichlorians thing. Since chakra is part spirit energy guess she has a tiny bit of Orochimaru in her, or something.
    To make himself more useful?

Though, I expected Madara to just copy his jutsu with Sharingan and kill him.
    He just told Madara his Impure World tech can be done by any sufficiently skilled ninja, and at no risk to boot. Kabuto made himself less dispensable to Madara unless that tech is absurdly difficult.
    -----------------
    In other news, it's a pity Orochimaru isn't dead. Think I would like to see Kabuto being the master.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Putting aside how Lee hardly knows her and mostly went for her in the first place because she's cute, if life worked like this the world would be a much better place, I guess. But... well, people don't judge others due to their behaviour like saving their lives and stuff but rather go for the handsome bishie even if s/he is kind of a ****. How is that news to anyone?

25. - Top - End - #1195

Beholder

Kabuto made himself less dispensable to Madara unless that tech is absurdly difficult.
    "It's a trap!"

Kabuto's lying through his teeth. He's trying to trick Madara into using Edo Tensei because there is some absurd penalty to using the jutsu.

Otherwise I don't see why he wouldn't use Edo Tensei on Nagato (as he did), and then make him summon the others since the Rinnegan would allow him to cast the jutsu with ease.

Or maybe that's exactly what he did because of the drawbacks - and is only claiming he's the summoner.
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2010-12-12 at 08:24 AM.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    "It's a trap!"

Kabuto's lying through his teeth. He's trying to trick Madara into using Edo Tensei because there is some absurd penalty to using the jutsu.

Otherwise I don't see why he wouldn't use Edo Tensei on Nagato (as he did), and then make him summon the others since the Rinnegan would allow him to cast the jutsu with ease.

Or maybe that's exactly what he did because of the drawbacks - and is only claiming he's the summoner.
    Are we still going with the "Kabuto summoned Madara's original body" theory?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-12 at 09:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    "It's a trap!"

Well... Kabuto's lying aside (We 'know' he is, though I have no idea to what extent.) it might just be too difficult controlling Pein into controlling the other zombies or some such. Also, there's probably slightly more behind the jutsu than just knowing the working which means not just anybody can use it. (like chakra control to begin with)

Are we still going with the "Kabuto summoned Madara's original body" theory?
    I'm not sure where this came from but... I for one am still considering it.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean the Raikage? I don't see how his plan of digging out the enemy is a bad thing. Without knowing what the underground army is planning to do, or where it's planning to go, I'm not sure how you could act more subtly.
    The thing is, he is essentially reacting to enemy movements, and in the way that instantly tells Madara his ambush failed - it's good Madara himself is pretty poor strategist, or they would have been owned.

Then, there's the reaction - charging at the enemy? They waste a lot of chakra getting into position that is awfully easy to guess. Anyone willing to exploit that wouldn't even need such ridiculous things as "ambush squads".

And, finally, he is behaving like a dog who saw a bone. The goal of this war is to get Madara, maybe Kabuto, and only them - going after easily replaceable clones only gives M. time to hide and weakens their own forces.
    Above Us Only Sky

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Putting aside how Lee hardly knows her and mostly went for her in the first place because she's cute, if life worked like this the world would be a much better place, I guess. But... well, people don't judge others due to their behaviour like saving their lives and stuff but rather go for the handsome bishie even if s/he is kind of a ****. How is that news to anyone?
    Remember girls, if the man is a knight in shining armor, you owe him love.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Banned

Remember girls, if the man is a knight in shining armor, you owe him love.

That's the attitude that causes rape.