New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post

That's the attitude that causes rape.
    Either that or a bunch of self-righteous "nice guys".

Believe me, I don't think we're arguing here.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Either that or a bunch of self-righteous "nice guys".

Believe me, I don't think we're arguing here.
    Remember kids, sarcasm works perfectly well on the internet!
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2010-12-12 at 04:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Honestly, I thought the "remember girls" would have tipped my hand. Do I need flashing neon signs or something?

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, I thought the "remember girls" would have tipped my hand. Do I need flashing neon signs or something?
    Yes.
    Neon Signs! I need ten characters!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Banned

It's the one thing I simply don't tolerate, doesn't matter the context or if someone's trying to be funny.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's the one thing I simply don't tolerate, doesn't matter the context or if someone's trying to be funny.
    Actually, context was very important in this case.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Orc in the Playground

But in this case, not tolerating it doesn't make sense. It was sarcasm. It meant the exact opposite, and it was obvious that it was the exact opposite!

Don't sound like the old Mormons Orson Scott Card spoke of one time. When he was in college at BYU, he was part of a newsletter. They had an article about some Mormons not following things like their rules against alcohol or tobacco, and on the front had a picture of a man with a cigar. I may be botching it, but the point was, it wasn't being portrayed positively.

However, some of the older folks reacted in a hostile manner, because they were showing someone smoking, regardless of the fact that they were not, in any way, promoting it.

Don't be the kind of person to be blind to context.

Especially in this case. It's obvious to everyone that the guy was making a scathing criticism of that mindset, not promoting it.
    Last edited by 0Megabyte; 2010-12-12 at 07:31 PM.
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    The thing is, he is essentially reacting to enemy movements, and in the way that instantly tells Madara his ambush failed - it's good Madara himself is pretty poor strategist, or they would have been owned.
    No one knows if Madara was even planning an ambush. Maybe, for example, he wanted to have the clones bypass the army, take out the hidden villages, and fortify their positions there. This could make the newly formed coalition splinter when the disparate groups focus on regaining their hometowns. Considering that the clones are hard to detect (otherwise the ninja's would've found them w/o the ambush squad's data), I think just bringing them to the surface might be the not the ideal tactic, but it's still a valid one.
    Then, there's the reaction - charging at the enemy? They waste a lot of chakra getting into position that is awfully easy to guess. Anyone willing to exploit that wouldn't even need such ridiculous things as "ambush squads".
    What do you mean by position? We don't know where the clones are going, and I don't believe we even know how the ninja army is spread out for that matter.
    And, finally, he is behaving like a dog who saw a bone. The goal of this war is to get Madara, maybe Kabuto, and only them - going after easily replaceable clones only gives M. time to hide and weakens their own forces.
    I think you'd want to get both Madara and his army. Not much point in killing the boss man if the clone army decimates your entire country. As long as Madara doesn't gain access to the 10-tails, I'd argue he's a less threat than the legions he's created.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2010-12-12 at 11:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    As long as Madara doesn't gain access to the 10-tails, I'd argue he's a less threat than the legions he's created.
    No point in even mentioning the 10 tails if he isn't going to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    No point in even mentioning the 10 tails if he isn't going to get it.
    Uh... yeah there is, actually. He's trying to get it, which is enough. Even if he doesn't ultimately get the Ten-tailed beast, we know that this goal endangers Naruto's life. That's point enough.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Uh... yeah there is, actually. He's trying to get it, which is enough. Even if he doesn't ultimately get the Ten-tailed beast, we know that this goal endangers Naruto's life. That's point enough.
    Pffft. Reasons for villains. Back in my dad, Lex Luthor wanted Superman dead for no reason at all. Why I outta'...!

Point well taken, but I'd be a bit surprised if Kishi didn't have Madara aquire it. Then again, that would be awkward for the plot. Bee would have to die (NO!) as would Naruto, and he'd need to be revived somehow.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

Pffft. Reasons for villains. Back in my dad, Lex Luthor wanted Superman dead for no reason at all. Why I outta'...!
    Assuming you mean in your day, () Lex wanted to kill Superman for making him bald.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Bugbear in the Playground

*nods*

Ah, yes.... villains without reasons. It ends hilariously! Burn for it! BURN FOR IT!
    TopSecret's First Ever Two Page Tabletop Contest
    If you have any questions, want to talk about the contest entries, or you just want to hang out with cool people, visit our forums.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Assuming you mean in your day, () Lex wanted to kill Superman for making him bald.
    Just because my dad is bald...

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Was your dad bald because a superhero saved his life from an explosion that he was responsible for? (your father was responsible, not the superhero)

It's almost as bad as Dr. Doom being annoyed at Reed Richards for pointing out his equations were wrong in college, and the fiery results of him forging onwards anyhow.
    (though since his ridiculous experiment was a magic/science mix, it probably needed a complete lack of doubt in its abilities to work, for which Viktor can blame Reed for placing into him)

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

RE: Lee/Sakura ship.

"Tell, me, Sakura. After obsessing over Sasuke, and being obsessed over by Naruto, are you at last ready to share a love?"

"Why? Why are you doing this now, after all these years of nothing?"

"Because love, like war, is not only about speed. It is also about perseverance* -- and timing."
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2010-12-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: I get persistence & perseverance mixed up all the time.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    Was your dad bald because a superhero saved his life from an explosion that he was responsible for? (your father was responsible, not the superhero)

It's almost as bad as Dr. Doom being annoyed at Reed Richards for pointing out his equations were wrong in college, and the fiery results of him forging onwards anyhow.
    (though since his ridiculous experiment was a magic/science mix, it probably needed a complete lack of doubt in its abilities to work, for which Viktor can blame Reed for placing into him)
    RRRRRIIIICHARDS! ()

This is actually a good parallel: Lex and Doom were both egotistical jerks, and therefore, they couldn't POSSIBLY have been at fault for the accidents!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kabuto is a terrible liar. A little too terrible, if you get my drift.

Hell if I know what that means, though.

19. - Top - End - #1219

So, new chapter is out.

1. Did the white Zetsu's all go "Do'h"?

2. What are these secrets of the Sage of the Six paths. And, why does he need Madara's help when he already has Nagato's body?

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

Good chapter. Glad to see Kabuto has something else up his sleeve. Only one question: do the Japanese have some sort of tradition of cleaning the house before new years? Both Naruto and the Gotei 13 were cleaning for some reason.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OK, so I just read Page 6. Did I, or did I not just see Granny Chiyo?

EDIT: Also, NO! Zabuza and Haku!! DONT DIE AGAIN!!!
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-12-15 at 09:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

OK, so I just read Page 6. Did I, or did I not just see Granny Chiyo?
    Yes, yes you did.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Good chapter. Glad to see Kabuto has something else up his sleeve. Only one question: do the Japanese have some sort of tradition of cleaning the house before new years? Both Naruto and the Gotei 13 were cleaning for some reason.
    Is this from a special Holiday chapter?

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Is this from a special Holiday chapter?
    The extra page at the end of this week's chapters. It also says something about Shonen Jump getting a new logo.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that zabuza pleading for death is a nice touch...

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Orc in the Playground

You know, the great thing about this manga is that I still don't know for sure who's going to be the "main villain" of the story. It's one of the unique things about it, really. Even though we still have the normal "new, greater villain" style thing, the potential villains have all been in play now long enough that it's hard to decide.

Madara is an obvious choice, but he's not at all for sure. Kabuto, though, is a great wildcard, and the two are "allies" in the way that the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. were allies during WW2. And I'm not at all certain Madara will win in the battle between the two. Next, of course, is Sasuke, always the underling of whichever bad guy is important at the moment. Granted, he doesn't have good leadership skills, with the way he threw away Hawk, but he's more likely the final battle. He reminds me a little of the protagonist's best friend from Suikoden 2 in that regard. Sure, the "bad guy" is someone else, but Jowy was the true climactic battle.
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

0Megabyte: That's a pretty good point.

On this issue: Okay, another subtle weakness of Impure Res: You have to sit down, motionless and vulnerable, to concentrate enough to take more direct control of stubborn minions. When you've got the numbers out there that he does, it makes it tough.

So, it's pretty expensive chakra-wise, can take serious work to dig up the necessary materials (literally!), and takes major concentration at times. Again, even if it doesn't require your right kidney and left nut, it's not perfect.

I do have to wonder what happens if some really major attack, like a souped-up Rasenshuriken, or an Amatseru, or something like that, hits one of the zombies. If you make the pieces small enough, do they stay gone?
    Could someone outright disrupt the seals on them like a "jamming signal", potentially breaking the connection and effectively killing the zombie?
    One wonders...

Randomly: Am I the only one who's not a big fan of Killer Bee having Samehada instead of his 7 small swords (like when he beat Sasuke like a punk...hehehe)? I liked that 7 sword style better, personally.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    0Megabyte: That's a pretty good point.

On this issue: Okay, another subtle weakness of Impure Res: You have to sit down, motionless and vulnerable, to concentrate enough to take more direct control of stubborn minions. When you've got the numbers out there that he does, it makes it tough.

So, it's pretty expensive chakra-wise, can take serious work to dig up the necessary materials (literally!), and takes major concentration at times. Again, even if it doesn't require your right kidney and left nut, it's not perfect.

I do have to wonder what happens if some really major attack, like a souped-up Rasenshuriken, or an Amatseru, or something like that, hits one of the zombies. If you make the pieces small enough, do they stay gone?
    Could someone outright disrupt the seals on them like a "jamming signal", potentially breaking the connection and effectively killing the zombie?
    One wonders...

Randomly: Am I the only one who's not a big fan of Killer Bee having Samehada instead of his 7 small swords (like when he beat Sasuke like a punk...hehehe)? I liked that 7 sword style better, personally.
    It was cooler, but Samehada can leech chakra off his opponents and give it back to him, which is a bit of a plus.

Granted, as a Jinchuriki, that's not as useful as it might be for someone else.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It was cooler, but Samehada can leech chakra off his opponents and give it back to him, which is a bit of a plus.

Granted, as a Jinchuriki, that's not as useful as it might be for someone else.
    Yeah, there's that, but on the flip side, it's radically different from his previous style. Notice he's not really used it...though he hasn't had a chance to, I suppose. I'll reserve full judgment for when he uses it and Kisame's not around to mess things up.

But still, I miss the rapping buzz-saw action.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

I really hope Kabuto is lying about it having no side effects. Though currently, it seems as if it doesn't.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28