New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Played the new mutation (Hard Eight) earlier today. Very meh. It's campaign mode, but anytime a special would spawn 2 spawn instead. No new twists to gameplay, really. Just moments of "OH **** 2 SMOKERS" and "OH **** 2 CHARGERS" and "OH MY GOD DOES IT SPAWN 2 TANKS AT ONCE???" (It does not, btw)

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Played the new mutation (Hard Eight) earlier today. Very meh. It's campaign mode, but anytime a special would spawn 2 spawn instead. No new twists to gameplay, really. Just moments of "OH **** 2 SMOKERS" and "OH **** 2 CHARGERS" and "OH MY GOD DOES IT SPAWN 2 TANKS AT ONCE???" (It does not, btw)
    You missed the moment of "Oh, ****, I have to make pizza NOW?" Then I left. And now it cooks.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    My conspiracy-theory suspicion is that they're working on another similar title, the one they brought on Icefrog for. This is sort of their test project--they want to see how the gaming populace reacts, so they're trying to distribute it as widely as possible.
    I think it's more an experiment. Valve have always been of the philosophy of gaming as a service rather than a commodity, a stance many developers would be lifted up by, were they to be as insanely powerful as Valve. Here Valve have put considerable time and money into this project, they're paying these modders just like they are with all the other people they've absorbed after all, and are getting zero return. They can afford to do this because they are extremely wealthy and Gabe bathes in gold coins (he sinks to the bottom.) But I think Valve is moving towards giving their games for free and raking in the dough from the rest of Steam, their real moneymaker.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Gabe bathes in gold coins (he sinks to the bottom.)
    Actually, flab is not particularly dense, and certainly not as dense as gold, so simply in terms of mass/surface area gabe would have great difficulty sinking.

Unless gabe himself is not actually made of fat, but in fact, some sort of extremely expensive fat-substitute.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's what hard eight is? I was hoping it would be something like all special infected are alive at the same time. Except the tank gets a really long respawn time.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    Is Moonbase Alpha worth downloading? How many people here play it?

Also, I'm also excited for Alien Swarm. Top down shooters are fun, and it's free.
    I play it from time to time. It's a nice low-g jaunt and I reckon there's a fair bit of shenanigans to be had in freeplay, where we could try making The Longest Pipe EvahTM or similar.

edit: Not zero-g. Do'h
    Last edited by xp194; 2010-07-16 at 05:32 PM.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #307

Kobold

attention forums

in two hours and forty three minutes, I will be showing Repo Man via Livestream. Those who wish to attend should click this link at the appropriate time.

I repeat

at 10 pm EST

there will be a movie

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

I'm ready to submit to the Steam thread hivemind, now that I've gotten decent at TF2.

Username is Kelaos, it's an account shared with my brother.
    trill in da playground

9. - Top - End - #309

Kobold

movie time now go go go

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Silly movie was silly.

11. - Top - End - #311

Kobold

I think things went well.

Who wants a Drink?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Who wants a Drink?
    I do. Lots of them. Preferably of the hard variety.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

I think things went well.

Who wants a Drink?
    Is it BeerTM brand beer? I only drink BeerTM brand beer.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy birthday, BlackFox. If you were Canadian, you could now legally consume alcoholic beverages.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Happy birthday, BlackFox. If you were Canadian, you could now legally consume alcoholic beverages.
    Or if I had a passport and a ride, of which I only have one. Thanks anyways, though.

In other news, what usually causes major lag spikes when nothing but Steam and L4D2 are running with ping under 100?
    Last edited by blackfox; 2010-07-16 at 11:39 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

What graphics card are you using? Are your drivers up to date? And, to confirm, you get a frozen screen and stuttering audio for a few seconds at a time, right?
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Is it BeerTM brand beer? I only drink BeerTM brand beer.
    *Looks at bottle*

Sorry, pardner. It's Blu Streak.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    *Looks at bottle*

Sorry, pardner. It's Blu Streak.
    Aw.

I was hoping for Blast.

As Homer said, "Drink Blast Beer, it's good enough, when you can't afford the price of Duff."
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

The THQ website is having a sale right now.

Just bought Metro 2033 for $12.50 and it gave me a code which you can activate on steam.

Life is good.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what I want to see for a mutation? All the "Survivors are hunters" and get magnums in addition to their normal pouncing techniques. Then, all the infect are hostile to them for learning to use tools.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Alien Swarm trailer

Shoot, this game will be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Alien Swarm trailer

And people bother to point out that it's a fake.

There goes my faith in humani- oh wait I had none.

Also, funny L4D2 glitch, if not quite as spectacular as the last one. "Ellis killed Rochelle. Ellis saved Smoker." Really.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Alien Swarm trailer

I for one welcome our new evil paper overlords.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

You guys sound very strange whenever google translates you into some obscure language.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    What graphics card are you using? Are your drivers up to date? And, to confirm, you get a frozen screen and stuttering audio for a few seconds at a time, right?
    NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M, yes, and yes.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

26. - Top - End - #326

Kobold

Doctor Strangelove in 8 hours. Be there.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Sweet, I always wanted to see that!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    And people bother to point out that it's a fake.

There goes my faith in humani- oh wait I had none.
    I always had less in youtube commenters.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh. I saw this just after I got plans to go see a movie in theatres around the same time.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

I had an enjoyable two games of versus earlier, with pubbies who were both skilled and, well, nice. However, the long Infected respawn times gave me a lot of time to think. If you take the first letter of each of the four survivors, you get :
    Coach
    Nick
    Rochelle
    Ellis

This means nothing. However, if you rearranged these letters, you get:
    Nick
    Ellis
    Coach
    Rochelle

This spells NECR. See what I'm getting at? NECR is an O short of NECRO, a Greek suffix meaning death commonly used to add a cheesy veneer of Gothic terror to an organization, creature or game.

This word strongly associates with the game title, Left 4 DEAD (2).
    Rather conveniently the second letter of Rochelle's name is an O, leaving us, if you we a slightly arbitrary set of rules, with:

Nick
    Ellis
    Coach
    ROchelle

NECRO.
    Simple, eh? Now all I have to do is decode the character names in L4D.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2010-07-17 at 04:08 PM.