New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Hey, message from your friendly, neighborhood medic. When you're down too your last sliver of health, and the medic is trying to heal you, it helps if you don't then shoot them, in the process killing them. Not naming an namesFax Celestis but really?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo

this video is completely unrelated to everything ever

but WORTH IT
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So MTG Zach, myself and Emlyn make a mean Alien Swarm team. Cruised through hard campaign down a player with only 2 wipes I believe. One of those wipes was on the last mission, when the Bloodhound wouldn't land fast enough for Zach to get on. Good times.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Hey, message from your friendly, neighborhood medic. When you're down too your last sliver of health, and the medic is trying to heal you, it helps if you don't then shoot them, in the process killing them. Not naming an namesFax Celestis but really?
    I had phase kill me when I was a medic. Except I had full health. When we looked at the friendly fire chart phase's spiked from like 10 to 70 in about 2 seconds. In his defence there was a shield bug that he really wanted to kill. I don't recall if the shield bug actually died though. I just remember yelling at phase over mic and him laughing.

Also, yeah. Fluff, Emlyn and myself make a brutally effective alien swarm team. And yeah, I hate that bloodhound. It's the second time I have made it through to the end as the last person alive to die on the landing pad.
    Last edited by Mtg_player_zach; 2010-07-23 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    I had phase kill me when I was a medic. Except I had full health. When we looked at the friendly fire chart phase's spiked from like 10 to 70 in about 2 seconds. In his defence there was a shield bug that he really wanted to kill. I don't recall if the shield bug actually died though. I just remember yelling at phase over mic and him laughing.
    Oh, yeah, much laughter is had by all. IF you're not prepared to get FF in this game, you should play solo.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo

this video is completely unrelated to everything ever

but WORTH IT
    You know what's related to that video?

EDIT: The comments section of that video led me to a video about the Fifth Element, which led to a scene from that movie. I was watching it and though: "Why am I not just straight watching this movie right now? Can I think of even one good reason?"

I cannot. The disc is loading as we speak.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-23 at 12:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I gotta admit, the Sexy Russel thing got a little bit less epic once I realized that the original Russel basically plagarized the Fifth Element for 99% of his spiel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well folks, as of a few hours in the future, I will be headed to France for two weeks. Wheeee.

Now, all you 'Merican folks I've told have gone "Oooh. France, that sounds nice."

It's not. First off, we're neighbouring countries, so we've got a whole passive agressive "I dislike you intensely!" thing going on. Second, there will likely be a lack of Interwebnets. Thirdly? I've been to France on holiday nearly every single year of my life. At least this part will be differant from the ones I've been to before (closer, for one thing).

So, unless by some miracle the Flat we've rented out has internet, I won't be seeing you for 2 weeks. Well, the 2nd week we're in a hotel, so then it's a bit more likely, but probs no gaming.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    Well folks, as of a few hours in the future, I will be headed to France for two weeks. Wheeee.

Now, all you 'Merican folks I've told have gone "Oooh. France, that sounds nice."

It's not. First off, we're neighbouring countries, so we've got a whole passive agressive "I dislike you intensely!" thing going on. Second, there will likely be a lack of Interwebnets. Thirdly? I've been to France on holiday nearly every single year of my life. At least this part will be differant from the ones I've been to before (closer, for one thing).

So, unless by some miracle the Flat we've rented out has internet, I won't be seeing you for 2 weeks. Well, the 2nd week we're in a hotel, so then it's a bit more likely, but probs no gaming.

Hey, to quote "In the Loop"

"This is the problem with civilians wanting to go to war. Once you've been there, once you've seen it, you never want to go again unless you absolutely have to. It's like France. "

Hope it's tolerable anyway.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Is anybody going to upload the Class Wars videos from yesterday? The Pyro vs. Soldier match was pretty hilarious.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff & Napalm View Post
    So MTG Zach, myself and Emlyn make a mean Alien Swarm team. Cruised through hard campaign down a player with only 2 wipes I believe. One of those wipes was on the last mission, when the Bloodhound wouldn't land fast enough for Zach to get on. Good times.
    Well it didn't help that he had given me one of his guns, and then I died with it. But ya, that was a lot of fun. Now we just need a 4th so we can beat it on insane.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    That said, my standards for it wasn't high to begin with, and while I'm impressed with a quality of a game made in their spare time some things are missing from Valves standard.
    Shouldn't be an issue as it's *not* a Valve game in the same sense as L4D and TF2. The original UT2k4 mod was developed by Black Cat Games and, when I first found the mod a few years back, they were already developing a new version using the Source engine. The problem, however, was that the latest news post had been around a year prior and, to me at least, it seems as though the new release was dead. The exact details of the partnership that BCG had/has with Valve I don't know.

And for everyone complaining about turning FF off, enable your console and type "asw_marine_ff_absorption 0".

Stray shotgun blasts instantly killing your poor tech are back, baby!

A whole bunch of other commands are around that can add a bit of difficulty (in one way or another) to the game.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

So, guys, I was just watching a couple of Don Newman videos on youtube, got to the end of one and guess what i saw?

Spoiler
    Show

I assume this is old news, but I wished I known.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    So, guys, I was just watching a couple of Don Newman videos on youtube, got to the end of one and guess what i saw?

Spoiler
    Show

I assume this is old news, but I wished I known.
    Old news indeed. But still...I AM THE DESTROYER!

And that was BEFORE my Ninja Heavy days!

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

16. - Top - End - #766

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Old news indeed. But still...I AM THE DESTROYER!

And that was BEFORE my Ninja Heavy days!
    I was the original ninja heavy.

Can I think of even one good reason?"
    Did you mean for me to read that in Breen's voice?

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

I have been considering the idea of Livestreaming tonight. What should I Livestream? X-Com? Deus Ex? Something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Well it didn't help that he had given me one of his guns, and then I died with it. But ya, that was a lot of fun. Now we just need a 4th so we can beat it on insane.
    Well yeah. There was that. That mining gun I picked up to replace it didn't do a whole lot.
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

I have been trying to get Wizardry 8 to work so I can livestream it, since the X-COM livestream area is now covered by all sorts of cool people. Unfortunately, although it installs apparently OK, Wizardry 8 is apparently only good for making my CD drive make annoying, repetitive noises while my computer freezes up until the disc is removed. Scratched disc? Old game not playing well with Windows 7? Nostalgia gods preventing me from discovering just how bad Wizardry 8 really was? Who knows!

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    since the X-COM livestream area is now covered by all sorts of cool people.
    And me! Don't forget me!

Also, Wizardry. Heard a lot about it, should be fun to watch. In a schadenfreude sort of way, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #771

Me and my friend did a dynamic duo of deadliness last night, We cleared the last level with a chainsaw medic, and a Tech with a tesla rifle. Freaking ridiculous awesome combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Dude, don't. Not cool. Seriously.

We don't talk about the Great Presidential Necrophilia Incident.
    Wojo is my conjoined twin.

22. - Top - End - #772

So...Steam won't connect now. My firewall is off, my internet connection is strong...I don't know what's wrong.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

So...Steam won't connect now. My firewall is off, my internet connection is strong...I don't know what's wrong.
    Have you prepared the incense? And sacrificed a goat to Gabe Newell?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post

I feel your pain.

Literally, since I've been floating around various bits of europe for about a month now. You get back sooner than me too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    BE RIGHT BACK BUILDING IMPOSTER A SHRINE.
    Names I own:
    Spoiler
    Show

Darth Mario
    Phase
    Kainozzo(Pending litigation)

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Have you prepared the incense? And sacrificed a goat to Gabe Newell?
    Nope. But I did fix the problem...which took a stupidly long time, and was very convoluted.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

26. - Top - End - #776

So I just collected a backlog of 73 PC Gamers from my cousin. Dating back to...ages ago. When they were talking about "new info on Half Life 2".

I'm looking forward to seeing how often they mention things that will seem hilarious in hindsight. Like how the new episodic format will let Valve release games more quickly.

Also two PC Formats, which have covers that I would be embarrassed to be seen buying. It's half technology and half softcore.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

27. - Top - End - #777
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    I have been considering the idea of Livestreaming tonight. What should I Livestream? X-Com? Deus Ex? Something else?
    I vote for Deus Ex. We need more conspiracy theories!
    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

28. - Top - End - #778

I vote X-Com Deus Ex Dwarf Fortress. Though if it's not an option, X-Com.
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

I just remembered a single snag: Due to using a USB headset, I can only stream one of the two: 1) Audio from my computer/music I am playing/game sound or 2) my lovely voice.

What to do... what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Cute_Riolu View Post
    I vote X-Com Deus Ex Dwarf Fortress. Though if it's not an option, X-Com.
    Dwarf Fortress IS an option I had not considered, but the problem with it is that the ASCII does not compress well. It generally turns up as mush on the viewer end.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2010-07-23 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

30. - Top - End - #780

Kobold

Nothing, because we're watching Network tonight. You know, friday movie night. Stop scheduling x-com for movie night!

I AM MAD AS HELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE

that's a movie quote not actual anger
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-07-23 at 01:42 PM.