New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Gerr. Not even messed up hair. You still might have done some good Rann (R.I.P. ). Snad's showed a number of her cards and Keil is standing right there. But what will she be able to do with this info?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Aaaand as usuall for DT, It Got Worse for poor Rann.

Spoiler
    Show
    Snads turned him into a Summon to server her.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Unholy Sheep Dip!

Spoiler
    Show
    And Snads lets it all out. She has developed a poison that she intends to release into Chel that dives people crazy before it kills them (based on the Red Flowers). She also has a cure. Do what she wants and she will give you the cure. I bet you have to have a consant supply of the cure though. What a utter monster. I have zero clue how this will play out.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Unholy Sheep Dip!

Spoiler
    Show
    And Snads lets it all out. She has developed a poison that she intends to release into Chel that dives people crazy before it kills them (based on the Red Flowers). She also has a cure. Do what she wants and she will give you the cure. I bet you have to have a consant supply of the cure though. What a utter monster. I have zero clue how this will play out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And to ensure that the assembled Nids and hanger-ons really deliver the poison and shuts up about it, she will now force them to drink a vial themselves. Some will refuse....

OMG the buffet! I'm calling it now. And Kharla ate a ton!

Small flaw in the plan though... Drow poison each other given half a chance, it's like a hobby. The Chel leaders will not be easy to poison. But I guess the Nid agents will just have to try very hard in order to save their own butts.
    Last edited by Miklus; 2013-12-18 at 11:57 AM.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small flaw in the plan though... Drow poison each other given half a chance, it's like a hobby. The Chel leaders will not be easy to poison. But I guess the Nid agents will just have to try very hard in order to save their own butts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    From Snad's description this seems to be a very potent bioweapon. Say on the order of a weaponized Ebola. VERY small amounts can infect you if it gets to a mucus membrane (eyes, nose ect). And it wouldn't show up in any tests for poison. It could be put in water supplies very easily. (This stuff probably does not show effects for awhile, allowing it's spread) Heck, you could probably make an aerosol out of it.

6. - Top - End - #816

This is one hell of a party Snad is throwing. Cake, live music, a magic show (summons), someone making a fool of himself (poor Rann), a grandiose speech and a quick but decisive round of bloodsport. All it needs now is a brawl and I think that is coming right up.

Seriously, though. What the hell is Snad thinking she is doing here? She has no concept of how loyalty works. At all. Does she really expect Jiaan to be loyal after that treatment???

Having a spoiled, crazy, sadistic daughter torture people does not promote loyalty.
    Having your minions fight to the death for your amusement does not promote loyalty.
    "Kneel or die" does not promote loyalty.
    Having a empath attempt to mind control people does not promote loyalty.

Half the people there will play along only to get out of there, then go right back to their clan and lay it all out.

Also, is she trying to make a clan out of the most treacherous, backstabbing-est, disloyal scum in all of existence??? People who has demonstrated that they are willing to sell their soul and/or mutate their bodies in order to get ahead??? How does she think that will work out for her???

She really is crazy.
    Bad to the Bone!

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think Snads still has something else in the works than what we have seen so far (Plans within plans). This is just another step. But totaly agree she is evil and crazy.

Edit: Wonder though. Maybe Snads is long dead and it's a demon walking around in her body now.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2013-12-29 at 01:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

http://drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=9798
    Tek's are back (Yes, that's the same booby scientist from path to power)!
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ok, getting everyone to kneel that way is cheating. BUT it did save all the main characters that would have stood and told Snads to get BLEEP herself won't be killed for not kneeling.

Interesting that the Forum "Demons" do not seem to be affected. Maybe something will come from that in the future. Probably not, but you never know.

10. - Top - End - #820

Quite sly of them to get Kharla out of the room. I can't see her kneeling, at least not without throwing a spaz afterwards. And by "spaz" I mean "kill everyone". Kharla both can and will kill someone just to get to the front of the buffet line, remember?
    Bad to the Bone!

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

If IIRC Kharla shows signs of being autistic. She really isn't bad. But all her power makes her a hazzard to be around. Though, I really would not mind if Kharla HAD killed many of the people there. Especially Snads and her sister. But 1'm not sure even SHE could do it with all the defences Snads has set up.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Darn, Sarv is still alive. Certainly a tough %$#@. However that situation may change considering who I think is at the top of the stairs.

13. - Top - End - #823

Does anyone know a plotsummary of drowtales, I don't want to reread it but I am not entirely clear where the plot is at this point (or who some people are, which is probably a major reason for the first problem.^^)

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

15. - Top - End - #825
    Barbarian in the Playground

I recently read through the whole archive for the first time, and when I made it to the present, despite having just read through it all, I was a bit lost on a few plot points. Reading the comments on the Drowtales forum has helped me somewhat. Do you have any specific questions? There is a lot going on.

16. - Top - End - #826

Ah that works thanks. Currently my main problem was not really recognized Snad in the last scene, or rather I did think of Mels lover after a while but wasn't sure and if I was sure I would have remembered head-mistress + some shady dealings + obviously untrustworthy. But would have had no idea why she throws some party or what she actually wants.Then I just stopped opening the updates in my feed reader since it became clear to me that I couldn't summarize the current main plot threads at all.
    The character pages contain quite a bit useful information in that regard. But I think I should just read the post time skip part if I want to continue since I stopped reading it properly around that point.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

And it FINALLY hit Sarv just how badly she has screwed up. Calling for her mother to come back when she helped to seal Diva in the throne room to starve to death.

Wonder what she would think/do is she learned that Diva was still alive? And how would Diva act if she could see this? Diva loved her children deeply even if she didn't (couldn't) show it much. She may still love those that betrayed her.

Well, still a page or two to go and things may still go worse for Sarv.

18. - Top - End - #828

10 Schmuckers says it's Diva on that floater (Panel 5 in the last page of chapter 44).

Yeah, I've been wrong on just about every prediction I have made on this comic, but that's not gonna stop me from trying.

What will Zala & Co do now? I don't think they have enough troops to take on the Shargress. I suppose they could retreat to Nero... Nauro... Whatever the hell that city was called. The queen there owes them a favour.

Why would anyone surrender to the Shargress? Can the Sharen troops expect anything more than to become slaves and get worked to death? That drider guy will pull an ore cart, lol. The Sharen leadership will probably just get executed... after being humiliated and tortured by Sillice, of cause.
    Last edited by Miklus; 2014-01-04 at 07:23 PM.
    Bad to the Bone!

19. - Top - End - #829

What about Crystel? What's she gonna do now that her clan's gone?
    That's whose fate I'm wondering about.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    What about Crystel? What's she gonna do now that her clan's gone?
    That's whose fate I'm wondering about.
    Well, There's still Sillice, the purple one, and the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Real Empress

that would take the throne. After all, they're the one who are finished are Sarv'swati.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, we know it's not Diva on the floater since she is with Silice about to attack Snads. Wonder what is going to become of Sarv now?

And I think something of great importance has been overlooked by a lot of people.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Shagress are going to open Diva's Tomb and find her original body. Also in that room is Sharess's Spellbook with spells that can shatter MOONS. On the good side, the Shagress troops almost certainly will not know it for what it is. There is really only a couple of people that might know what it was and only Ash'waren has a realistic chance of visiting. Ashe opposed Diva politically, but I have not been able to figure out what their relationship was like a personal level. What would her response be is she figures out Diva is still alive?

22. - Top - End - #832
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    10 Schmuckers says it's Diva on that floater (Panel 5 in the last page of chapter 44).

Yeah, I've been wrong on just about every prediction I have made on this comic, but that's not gonna stop me from trying.

What will Zala & Co do now? I don't think they have enough troops to take on the Shargress. I suppose they could retreat to Nero... Nauro... Whatever the hell that city was called. The queen there owes them a favour.

Why would anyone surrender to the Shargress? Can the Sharen troops expect anything more than to become slaves and get worked to death? That drider guy will pull an ore cart, lol. The Sharen leadership will probably just get executed... after being humiliated and tortured by Sillice, of cause.
    I vote for the Nir'naya, the black armored chief of the imperial guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

23. - Top - End - #833
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I vote for the Nir'naya, the black armored chief of the imperial guard.
    Well, it looks like your theory was correct. Odd how Sarv'swati can recognise when a fight is lost, but Nir'naya still seems to be pushing her mistress on to "avenge" the fallen Sharen.

The last two chapters have been quite dynamic in terms of plot movement-more has happened in Chapters 45 and 46 than the previous ten chapters post-timeskip combined!

In Chapter 45 the Sharen have officially been dethroned and surrendered their fortress. Zala'ess STILL has not arrived with her army of allies. The throne room has been opened and
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diva'ratrika's decayed body
    is revealed, ending the Sharen sisters' masquerade that she is still alive for good. Back in Felde
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snadhya'rune makes a public declaration of her gambit for power
    and we discover that her Jaal'darya made bio-weapon is real nasty and she intends to make good use of it.

What an ending for Chapter 46 though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For every gain someone makes against Snadhya'rune's machinations, (namely assassinating the primary manufacturer of her bioweapon)
    they default another three steps backward. The Sarghress squad did not
    Spoiler
    Show
    deserve to die like that
    . Snadhya'rune really is a cold-blooded monster, even her most die-hard fans can't deny that now. And it looks like Mel'arnach is now her mirror, having swallowed her doctrines hook line and sinker. Poor Mel'arnach. Her experiences have really done a number on her. I feel for her but her smug smile after
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Sarghress squad's brutal execution
    by the stolen Nuqrah'shareh airship makes me wonder if she has a soul left or if she's now just a StepfordSmiler par excellence.

Would have loved to see more of the Kavahini warriors though- I want to see the "owly" warriors they promised this chapter dammit. Also LOVE LOVE LOVE Sara'hilana's character. She's ballsy that's for sure.
    Last edited by Nerdette090; 2014-05-02 at 05:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Snads is a class A monster that's for sure. She always complained about how Diva was controling and here she is being 10000% times worse and smiling as people die.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ariel and co are heading to Felde. I wonder when she is going to get there? Before, after or during the attack? (And they pull everyones fat out of the fire) Diva is heading someplace. Back to Chell and the Sargress fortress? Could be an interestng meeting with Ashe.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Pixie in the Playground

Snads is a class A monster that's for sure. She always complained about how Diva was controling and here she is being 10000% times worse and smiling as people die.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ariel and co are heading to Felde. I wonder when she is going to get there? Before, after or during the attack? (And they pull everyones fat out of the fire) Diva is heading someplace. Back to Chell and the Sargress fortress? Could be an interestng meeting with Ashe.
    For plot purposes I doubt Ariel is reaching Felde anytime soon. Even if she does, the whole revenge plot by Sil'lice and co has to come first.

One thing bothered me about
    Spoiler
    Show
    Femi's death
    Would such a http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm...ificentBastard and all around arch-plotter like Snadhya'rune really have made the mistake of allowing just ONE person to know the details of an antidote and one person only? Still it was good to see at least one plot blow up in her face.

So
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kharla x Khaless
    Who saw that coming? And who else was effectively squicked out by the pairing? Poor Kiel, how is she gonna keep a leash on Kharla's behaviour now?
    Last edited by Nerdette090; 2014-05-06 at 04:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdette090 View Post
    For plot purposes I doubt Ariel is reaching Felde anytime soon. Even if she does, the whole revenge plot by Sil'lice and co has to come first.

One thing bothered me about
    Spoiler
    Show
    Femi's death
    Would such a http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm...ificentBastard and all around arch-plotter like Snadhya'rune really have made the mistake of allowing just ONE person to know the details of an antidote and one person only? Still it was good to see at least one plot blow up in her face.

So
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kharla x Khaless
    Who saw that coming? And who else was effectively squicked out by the pairing? Poor Kiel, how is she gonna keep a leash on Kharla's behaviour now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snads isn't as smart as she thinks she is. She only got as far as she has because she stayed in the background and no one paid much attention. She may plot well, but she she does not adapt well when things don't follow her plans. What I think is really funny is at least some of Snad's problems can be traced back to Diva. If Diva had not told Ariel the Death Flower story, it's unlikely Ariel would have belived the Jaal'darya bioweapon story and a squad being sent to investigate. Under Drowtales/Spanner in the Work's on TV Tropes they have Diva listed not as a "spanner" but an "I-Beam". And here is an example of it. (Yeah, Diva is my favorite character. Sue me.)
    As for Kharla and Khaless, yeah, I think nearly everyone is squicked out by that. But in the end though I think Kiel's teaching Kharla to be better and not treating her as a puppet will pay off.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Odd, I am liking Ariel more these last couple of pages. Not sure why though. Acting more like a real person maybe?

Spoiler
    Show
    Wonder what wll happen if she meets her dad?

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Not a fan of Shinae, but she does not deserve this at all. Snads is going to make her a puppet at some point.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ariel is right in the Lions Den. And Snads is trying her very best to turn Ariel to her side. (Man, Ariel is a tall girl!) But Ariel knows Queen Blueberry is Diva (she just won't admit it) and knows what REALLY happened all those years ago. I don't think Ariel is going to be turned, I just hope that she doesn't say the wrong thing. And her dad is RIGHT THERE and Ariel does not know it.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Aaaaaand out comes a knife for stabby time.