New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Between "tainted filth" and "traitorous daughter", I think things are kind of awkward for Nishi right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #992

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Good
    Spoiler
    Show
    Icyhot! Snads seems to have lost this round big time. Loosing the 3 empath sisters is huge loss for her as she can't replace them. And with them gone, the soldiers down below wil regain their bearings and go to town.
    Yes! Oh please let these three be finally dead, they have annoyed me so much on many occasions! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Between "tainted filth" and "traitorous daughter", I think things are kind of awkward for Nishi right now.
    Ouch, yeah.

And is Mel really there, why? Well, I suppose she can fight...
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I don't think that's Mel there. I think it might be Nishi and the Empath is playing with her head.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

4. - Top - End - #994

BTW, I love the colouring in this page.
    Also, Kern is really good at differentiating characters and drawing expressions. It's probably one of the strongest points the comic has.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #995

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I don't think that's Mel there. I think it might be Nishi and the Empath is playing with her head.
    Oh, OH! I fear you're probably right.

BTW, I love the colouring in this page.
    Also, Kern is really good at differentiating characters and drawing expressions. It's probably one of the strongest points the comic has.
    Yeah, it's quite a feat really. And especially considering that he could have just leave it for the clothes and hair styles to differentiate between characters most of the time.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-07-20 at 07:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #996

It's nice to see how relevant Nishi is :D
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been thinking that there are a lot of ways in which Mel could improve her life: deepening her relationship with Zhor, looking for reapproachment with Ariel, questioning a bit more her girlfriend, stop trying to punch legendary second generation warrior veterans who have likely killed more people last week than she has talked to during her whole lifetime... Serously, she may be destined for greatness, but can't she pick easier targets once in a while?

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I was wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is Mel. You stupid girl. I swear Ariel acts more adult than you do. To bad at least two of the empaths are still alive.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

It's nice to see how relevant Nishi is :D
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been thinking that there are a lot of ways in which Mel could improve her life: deepening her relationship with Zhor, looking for reapproachment with Ariel, questioning a bit more her girlfriend, stop trying to punch legendary second generation warrior veterans who have likely killed more people last week than she has talked to during her whole lifetime... Serously, she may be destined for greatness, but can't she pick easier targets once in a while?
    I gave up on Mel a long time ago. There have been many things she could have done but didn't do. I have no idea why Kern wrote her character the way he did, but that's what he chose to do. We just have to accept that she's as pathetic as she is.

9. - Top - End - #999

Truly, the only man worse than a sadist is a very busy comic artist ._.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The latest update is so funny! People in the forums are jumping on both Nishi and Sillice and I can't blame them.

After someone yelled at Mel to duck and Mel jumps out of the way of the incoming attack, Sillice just stands there making threats! Gee, what did she think was going to happen! If Mel manages to act smarter than you, that's pretty pathetic! And what happened to Nishi? Did she go out to get more popcorn?

Both Silice and Nishi deserved to die based on the way they were acting. IMO, it would be good riddance to Silice, but I was hoping that Nishi might finally do something someday. Oh, well, the old guard has to pass away to may way for the next generation, I guess. I suppose there could be some tiny chance that getting Nishi captured was an intentional gambit, but I'd find that hard to believe, I think. ADDED: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that could be the case. Kern's comment in the forums was very low key for something that might mean the end of Silice and he pointed out that Shodun has done that before. (Also, people were flying out of the tower before Silice and Nishi went up.) Perhaps Kern was hinting that Silice may have been prepared to go flying. Or maybe I'm just overthinking things.

It's a little too bad that Mel will probably survive, though. Why does Kern keep wasting panel space on her? That's one person he should just kill off and be done with. She's so boring!
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-07-23 at 08:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Griffon

Well, I am... relieved(?) that it wasn't an illusion that would've caused the sisters to fight. But seriously, Nishi. What are you just standing there!

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    I gave up on Mel a long time ago. There have been many things she could have done but didn't do. I have no idea why Kern wrote her character the way he did, but that's what he chose to do. We just have to accept that she's as pathetic as she is.
    I don't really mind Mel as a character. While I hope she would make better choices, not everyone needs to be smart or badass or whatever. She makes sense to me as a person, someone who is clearly broken, possibly so bad she can't be fixed anymore. I'm actually interested in seeing what eventually happens to her; will she blindly trust Snadhya 'til the end or not? (I'm guessing she will, but we'll see.)

12. - Top - End - #1002

Well, today's update is even funnier. Rest well, you brave warrior.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Why bother being any good if you can be that lucky? And Sillice is still so clueless that she doesn't even appreciate how lucky she was.

We can hope some Shargress soldier stumbles upon her like that after she walked away from her forces without explanation earlier and she has to explain this to Quain. If she thought the Shargs were looking down on her before, wait until this gets out!

Did Nishi turn and run or what?
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-07-24 at 02:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1004

The whereabouts of Nishi the Consequential are currently unknown.

How sturdy is Sillice, anyway? I have been wondering for a while about how resilient drows actually are, since they have access to crazy powerful attacks, and, until now, the comic has always shown that they need to dodge or parry or block or absorb the attack to survive. Waes Da Powerhouse got a nasty wound from a girl with a parade sword, after all. However, Sillice got struck by a hit strong enough to destroy two walls, the second one minimum 10 meters away from the first (otherwise, the other building would have covered the sight in today's strip). And then she gets up, descends various flights of stairs, weapon in hand, and even manages to make a short run? Is Sillice the only person in the comic who runs on HP instead of having a normal body?

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

She doesn't like to talk about it, but there was a time when Sillice became disillusioned with her mother and family politics and she ran away and joined a circus and became rather famous as Sillice: The Backwards Drow Cannonball.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Right now, I have this silly image of Kadara waking up totally fine and because Sillice is acting weird (i.e. normal) and holding her she freaks out and starts screaming "wtf Sillice get off unhand me aaaaaahh stupid wolf peon Sarghress get her off me she's giving me the mommieeeees!", all in front of Commander Sang, who is Kau's grandmother and Sillice's sort of mother in law.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Let's make a game:
    Chel's Next Empress!

Who is best suited for the role of Val'Sharess?

Diva: in her previous life, she has been ruling over Chel for a zillion years. Now she's a diminutive servant with an overblown sense of duty who wants to be part of her family again.
    Snadhya: Inventive, extremely well learned, convincing, insane control freak with a penchant for blackmailing and hard power
    Sarv: The best known warrior in Chel, maniacally controlling, long sighted, still somehow fooled into joining with the Nindra and therefore gullible.
    Sillice: Strong, rash, petty, sadist, with a lot of frustration to vent, she has learned patience but completely lacks flexibility.
    Nishi: Reclusive, doesn't like taking unnecessary risks, interested in technology
    Zala: Weak, convincing schemer with a somewhat more open and reliable attitude than Snadhya, lots of children if she were to die and a preference for diplomacy over brute strength, i.e. she will go to war only if other options to achieve her goals have failed.
    Ash: Dark Elf with crazy empath powers, we actually don't know much about her character. I guess she would throw a lot of parties and be very hard to fool?
    Quain: She doesn't want it, she hates politics, she likes swords more than talking, but she already controls Chel. She is on her way to become a ruling shogun, even though she doesn't seem to realize it.
    Waes: Old blood, has shown attitude to change mentality, hard to kill, but actually mainly interested in her own clan and its heredity.
    Valla: Strong and sure of what she does, Valla also is a very indoctrinated person. I guess she would be a nice completion for Sillice, way to destroy Chel once again. And what would rise from the ashes? Valla is the opening for a new age, only there's no way of saying what this age would have to offer.
    Ana: Somewhat hard to read. I guess she would be pretty embarrassing for her opponents?
    Shashana: old, strong (?), but wants Sharess back (?).
    Sharess: ???

I think that's all possible alternatives. To me it's a bunch of bad choice, but I guess I would go with shogun Quain, as long as Kel'noz is there. Who would the figurehead Val'Sharess be? However strange this may sound, I would go with Nishi. She wouldn't step on Quain's feet and she is an imperial daughter with noticeable restraint.

What's your vote?

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Diva: She didn't want the job first time around and certainly does not want it now. I have always has the idea that she is hanging with family already. Ariel's father may be a Sharen.
    Snads:? She's a megalomaniac, narcissistic, a mass murdering psychopath. Putting her in charge is about equal to putting Stalin in charge.
    Sarv is dead.
    Sillice: Does not want the job and is unsuited for it (as you say rash)
    Nishi: Does not seem to want the job and is rather "meh" about most things. Be a bad leader.
    Zala: Currently loosing her mind.
    Ash: Tricky lady, but had gown a little paranoid since the last assassination attempt. If she ever want to rule I don't think she does now. Also have always had the feeling she was more loyal to Diva than it might seem.
    Waes: As you say. I don't think she has any interest in it.
    Valla: Don't have a good read on her.
    Ana: Would MUCH rather talk than fight. She would be better as a peace maker and middlewoman in negotiations.
    Shashana: Cannot give two ^%$#@ about Chel. Only interested in getting Sharess back.
    Sharess: Who would even believe she was back.

Really as Sillice said awhile ago, no one can rule Chel anymore.

19. - Top - End - #1009

Does anyone know who the green dressed white haired tainted in the poster on the wall with knives stuck into it is?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Zala apparently.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Griffon

Does anyone know who the green dressed white haired tainted in the poster on the wall with knives stuck into it is?
    I thought it was Zala, but the image is blurry so I'm not sure.

Ninja'd.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-08-10 at 06:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quain, I don't like you very much, but some proper healers right (&$%@# now.

Spoiler: Theories
    Show
    We have Faen nearby who is a competent healer. And a rather more off the wall idea is Diva. This "poison" have probably been used before and Diva should know about it.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Ariel plz don't go rogue can I haz nice daughter?

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I am not a huge Naal fan, but for crying out loud that hurts.

25. - Top - End - #1015

I don't really care about Naal right now - one death was OK and her second persona as a demon was appropriate, but yet another resurrection as little red glob and now whatever is going to come... That's a lot of hairpulling for a character. I guess it's a gift to the fandom, like the princes.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Moe like torturing fandom rather than giving them a gift.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yeah, I liked Naal, but Naal is dead. The red blob isn't Naal. Why would I care about it?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Yeah, I liked Naal, but Naal is dead. The red blob isn't Naal. Why would I care about it?
    That's the question though. Is Naal really dead? Or did she surivive in another form? Did the demon eat Naal, or did Naal eat the demon? There is evidence that "the red blob" is in fact Naal in many ways. Let's look at some facts. Glutton demons are animalistic (at best) and exist only to eat (mana and flesh). Demons when they take over a Fae turn the Fae into a copy of their old body (a good example of this is Diva and she's not even a demon). Glutton demons are a blob of flesh with four legs and big mouth. But "the reb blob" is clearly intelligent. It thinks, it plans it has a full range of emtions it knows right from wrong and very importantly it does NOT want to hurt others. Also when the "red blob" took over a body, how did that body change? She ended up looking like Naal. Her hair turned black, her features changed to those that resembled Naal. Now clearly it's not a totaly change as the body got a mouth where there shouldn't be one. But it's clear that Naal is running the show even if it's a struggle.

Now there isn't100% proof the Naal is the demon. I doubt there ever will be proof of what Naal is. But there is enough evidence to make the theory that the "reb blob" actually being Naal a realistic possibility.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Spoiler
    Show
    I admit that I lolled at today's page, because being with Kiel isn't going to solve any of DNaal's problems (being cold, hungry, lonely and especially everyone wanting it dead. A more honest answer by Kiel would have been "yeah, I know that feeling".
    I also must admit that my tolerance to winking to the public while you are supposed to be telling a story to them isn't very large. This is why I don't like the princes, which channel Kiel's RL fans.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yes, the red blob has Naal's memories, but it doesn't look like her and it doesn't act like her. The red blob seems to just a Moe / Woobie character that's pandering to fan's feelings. Naal demonstrated a great deal of dignity and inner strength. The blob hasn't.