New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Louisville Bites! (AFMBE)

A mysterious pandemic has been plaguing the country for several weeks, and it has hit Kentucky in the last few days. At the worst time possible, several souls wind up at Kindred Hospital in Louisville.

Father Cornello:
    He was heading toward a patients room to hand him a specially made, one-of-kind Cornello bat. Looking around, he saw that there were more dead than sick today. His prayers would go out, but he was truly worried about the pandemic.

Harrison Frier:
    "I'm sorry, Harry, she's dead." Harry barely heard the voice coming from the paramedic, as he just wandered into Kindred Hospital, Axe in hand, and sat down on a nearby bench. He had failed, and he wasn't going to let that happen again.

Keith Gilmore:
    Having just been checked out of the hospital, with just a few cuts and bruises, begins to head out the door, but is stopped by a large African-American man clad in fatigues.

Zack Allan:
    Arriving several minutes before the cavalry, it was now his job to deal with the crowds of people that can't make it. The last thing he needs is to have some methed up biker run into him. Might as well get to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoilers are OOC, but don't abuse them. Use them for rolls or very quick explanations or questions.
    The zombies aren't showing up quite yet, give it some time. I want to see what everyone is going to do first.
    Last edited by Bearpunch; 2011-09-20 at 09:37 AM.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke
    Dungeoning Dragons. All day. Every day.
    Thanks so much to Eruantion for my awesome Gith Monk avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Louisville Bites! (AFMBE)

The world was spinning around Harry's head... he needed to sit down. Why couldn't I save her?

Everyone has a time. There was nothing you could do. They are in a better place. Don't take it so personally. At-least that's what they would always tell him... but it never made it any easier.

He couldn't breath, it was so cramped in here. My God, I'm still wearing my mask. Harry tears it down from his face so it hangs by the straps around his neck and he gets his first good look at his surroundings. There were patients and doctors staring at him, not sure if they should be scared or should try offering him help.

Harry is fully clad in his fire-fighting gear complete with helmet and reflective vest. He is young, fit, strong, tall and powerful... making it all the move strange that he is almost doubled over on the bench close to tears. He has black soot and ash coating his clothes but his face was protected by his mask. He has very short brown hair and sharp green eyes above a slightly crooked nose. The fire axe clatters to the floor next to his seat as he let his grip go lax.

He puts his face in his hands and begins to sob. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I should have done more. Next time, I will do more... I promise." He clenches his fists, grits his teeth and goes to wipe away a single tear but leaves only a black streak across his cheek.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Zack raises his hand in a halting gesture. Sorry sir, no one leaves as of now. I'm here to quarantine the hospital by order of the CDC.

Standing deliberately to block the doors, Zack calls to a nearby nurse. Excuse me, miss? Can you get on the phone to hospital security please and tell them to seal all the exits. Zack's tone, while polite carries the air of authority, he is clearly a man used to giving orders and having them obeyed immediately. The nurse looks up at him with an expression of irritation, but seeing his size, uniform and weapon, she thinks better of whatever retort was forming and scurries off.

Oh miss? Get your chief down here too. Thank you. he calls after her retreating back.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pardon me captain, Keith says attempting to move around Zack, But I don't want to play in your ground-pounder games. And you can tell that to your CDC too. He doesn't have the authority to tell me anything. Last time I checked this was the good old U.S. of A. and I still a free man.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Zack shakes his head and does not move. Never heard a pandemic called a "game" before. I take it you've never heard of the Centre for Disease Control then? They and therefore I have plenty of authority. Nobody leaves, sir. Clear enough for you?

Great, civilians with attitude, this is going to be a wonderful day Zack thinks to himself.

Zack softens his tone Look, I realise this is inconvienient, it's a pain in my ass too. You think I wanna be here getting in these folks' way? Zack waves in the general direction of some nearby medical staff The situation with this, whatever it is, is getting out of hand, please don't make it harder. Grab yourself a coffee and let me do my job so we can all go home. Ok?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Father Cornello walked into Jimmy's room, he could tell that something was wrong. Jimmy wasn't there, and his parents were in the room, crying violently. What happened? Jimmy died last night... the mother cried, rushing over to hug the saddened Father. Dear Father he started to pray last night we had a small child enter your kingdom. We know he is trully happy now, but give us the strength to realize that he is better off in your arms. Amen he finished. After saying his goodbye's, he left, baseball bat still in hand. As he was going through the lobby, he saw a biker having an argument with what looked like a CDC official. Susan He whispered to the old nurse Whats going on? "The man ordered us to seal all the exits" She replied. Deciding to leave the official alone, he walked over to a bench, and set down near a young firefighter, who was sobbing. Hello young man, my name is Father Cornello. Its gonna be alright. What seems to be the matter?
    Last edited by Mindartis; 2011-09-20 at 09:50 PM.
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

Marcus Fenix avatar by Me!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

The CDC trucks zoomed down the street towards the hospital, wasting no time. When they reached the hospital, they immediately deployed several soldiers in HAZMAT rushing inside. "Excuse me, citizens. This hospital is now quarantined, anyone not in HAZMAT at this moment will stay in the building until we have the situation contained. Anyone that tries to leave is ordered to be shot on sight. That is all." To test his threat, a man walked up to him. "You can't stop me from doin' ****!" He began marching past him, towards the door. "I wanna go home to see my family and you won't-" Without a second though, the CDC officer fired three shots into the mans chest. "That is ALL. Thank you for your time, and I suggest you sit the **** down."

Within minutes, the CDC had the buidling sealed off from the outside, everyone inside was stuck with the sick and dying.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Zack turns to the CDC official You in charge here punk? You might want to calm the hell down and put that weapon away. Situation's in hand. You mind explaining the HAMZAT ****, I'm pretty pissed that you sent me and my men down here improperty prepared He walks over getting right up in the man's personal space and glowers down at him

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (1d10+7)[8] (Will+appearance+skill) rule one one result: -2, so roll is a 5
    Last edited by Bushidough; 2011-09-20 at 08:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe, corporal, if you didn't send your men into the Hot Zone without even checking in, they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. You don't seem to understand, I had to negotiate with my commanding officer to not just kill all of you outright. So my suggestion is that you sit the **** down and thank your lucky stars that I am not the man to kill you, corporal! The CDC officer walked out of the hospital through the long exit tube between the layers of plastic sealing off the hospital.

Spoiler
    Show
    is it kosher for me to post twice in-between story segments? Also, I am assuming your rule of 1's on OOC thread was already added to the roll in the IC thread. If not, I think it was still a fail anyway. If it wasn't I apologize, I'll pay greater attention later.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frightened, Father Cornello temporarely forgot about the man he was trying to help. He got out his Rosary and started to pray Dear Lord, give us the strength to get through this.. Whatever it is... and deliver us to safety. Your children are in some kind of danger, and are in desperate need of your love right now. Please Lord, help me shepard your flock, as I am afraid that I can not guide them on my own. He took a quick swig from his flask, and went up to Zack. What on Earth is going on here? What did he mean Hot Zone? And why did he say that he had to argue against killing all of us? You owe us some answers! He said, gesturing to the ones sitting around the lobby, Kieth, Harry, and Susan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flask a little less than 3/4 full now.
    Last edited by Mindartis; 2011-09-20 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Different Color Needed
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Harry doesn't even realise the Father was talking to him until he says "Amen" and walks away.

If only the world could be fixed with a prayer. If only.

Harry watches the preacher leave and for the first time notices the commotion at the entry way surrounding what looks like a man in HAZMAT and another in military garb. Harry picks up his axe and walks close enough to become part of conversation. "Is there something I can do to help?" Harry volunteers before he even knows what is going on.
    Last edited by ThirtyThr33; 2011-09-21 at 01:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

What makes you think I know any more that you, Father? That murdering pencil pusher shot me down in flames if you didn't notice. ******** tried to make out it's my fault I don't have a HAZMAT the cheeky ****, plus can't tell the difference between a two stripe corporal and my 6 and a frigging star. I'll corporal him.

Zack turns away from the group to try and calm down. Internally he's seething and trying hard to control himself. Hot zone? What is this ****? since when does the CDC shoot first and ask questions later, they're frigging scientists! Having composed himself, he clicks on his radio. Jones, Lupo, Robinson. Report in. I've go CDC shooting people down here..

Not waiting for the answer Zack crosses to the nurses station in search of a phone
    Last edited by Bushidough; 2011-09-21 at 05:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

After his confrontation with Zach, Keith grumbles his way over to the coffee machine and pours himself a cup of black coffee. With coffee in hand, he finds a vacant seat and slumps down into it. When the CDC official shoots and kills the man, Keith jumps out of his seat, spilling his coffee on the floor. He is livid over the situation but self-preservation takes hold and he contains himself, sitting back down.
    Once Zach goes to the nurses' station, Keith heads to a window to see what is going on outside.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Father Cornello walked away, now more confused than ever. It was clear that the CDC officer didn't know what was happening. Oh well he said, to no one in particular. As long as I'm here, I should at least go help and pray with the other patients. Setting the bat down, he set off, farther into the Hospital...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Upon seeing the man being shot Harry immediately runs to his side, yelling "Doctor! Nurse! Help!"

He tears open his First Aid Kit and starts tending the man's wounds without even checking to see if he was still alive.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harry uses 1 of his 6 First Aid Kit uses

First Aid
    (1d10+7)[15]
    To stabilize him if he is not yet dead. To extend resuscitation time-frame to Conx2 minutes if he is already.

Regardless of if he is alive or dead Harry will attempt to heal him, 1 first aid for each wound. Heals 1LP per success level (If he is stabilized and not dead).
    (1d10+7)[8]
    (1d10+7)[15]
    (1d10+7)[14]

Sorry, I think I messed up the chronology something fierce. But there is just no way Harry sees someone gets shot and doesn't do anything about it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Zack reaches the nurses station and quickly finds a phone, however the nurse from earlier, Susan is already frantically dialing the phone, she puts it up to her ear, waits a minute, and begins to pout. "It's dead... the phone line is dead. What're we gonna do? We're trapped!" She continues screaming frantically and hyperventilating. Zack, disheartened, begins to head back when he gets a call from his radio. "Sir? Sir? It's bad out here, sir, something real bad is happening. You there?"

Father Cornello ventures further into the hospital, and can't help but notice that nearly every room he walks past, people are dead. Nurses are trying to resuscitate the dying, but to no avail.

Keith sees not much out of the window, but sees vague shapes outside the plastic sheet, seemingly giving orders to people standing around. Keith watches for a few seconds, when rapid gunfire begins, and a noticeable spray of blood splatters against the plastic sheet.

The man coughs and wakes up as Harry patches two of his wounds, and stabilizes him. A nurse walks up to Harry: You saved his life, you should be proud, now help me get him to a doctor, quick!
    Last edited by Bearpunch; 2011-09-21 at 09:23 AM.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Zack responds immediately. That doesn't help me soldier, get a grip. Location and situation! Report!
    Last edited by Bushidough; 2011-09-21 at 09:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

"Right." Harry slings the man over his shoulder and says to the Nurse "Lead the way... wait, and bring that for me would you?" Harry points at his fire-axe on the ground. "Wouldn't want one of these people doing something stupid with it."

He whispers to the man on his shoulder "Hang in there. I'm going to get you the help you need."

Not again. Not twice in one day.

19. - Top - End - #19

"Oh my God," Keith hollers. "They're ******' killing people out there! Just what the **** is going on here?!" Keith backs away from the window and runs to another one to try and get a better look outside.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dear Lord... Father Cornello says, as he passes rooms filled with dead. I just saw some of these people earlier, and they were fine. How could they have passed so quickly? Somethings is not right here... Hearing gunfire coming from outside, he quickly runs to the window, trying to see what is going on.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

The soldier responds to Zack, still delerious: Sorry sir, but, but it's gettin' real bad. People in the streets, rioting, tearing people up... They... they're eating eachother sir!" More gunfire is heard and some shouts, and the radio cuts out.

Harry and the nurse rush down the hall looking for a doctor. They turn a corner and discover a grisly site: A patient. A dead patient, alive and kicking, gnawing on another nurse, it sends out a horrifying cry and turns its attention on Harry.

Rushing through back to the lobby, Father Cornello reaches the window that Keith was looking at the same time Keith does. The view in the window shows that there are CDC officers inside the plastic tent. One bends down to get and gets attacked by a blood-covered person. The man mauls and tears at the CDC officer, while the other officer just draws his gun and fires twice at the man, in the head. The man falls over, bloody, mouth full with flesh. The gun wielding CDC officer then immediately fires at the other's head twice. Sorry, man. Orders are orders. The CDC officer walks outside of the plastic tent, into the city.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

What in God's name... Father Cornello whispers, trying not to be sick. Did you just see that? He asked Keith. That man just started eating the other one! Whats going on?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Into the radio: Jones? Private Jones? Nothing. This is bulllll****! Did he really say eating each other? Zack thinks to himself. I need tactical infomation and an exit.

Zack turns back to the terrified nurse. He grabs hold of her lapels and gives her a little shake, not too roughly, just enough to focus her on him. Now then ma'am, Susan right? Try to stay calm, I need your help. Is there a TV round here somewhere with local news access? Take me to it.

Into the radio: Lupo, Robinson. Get yourselves to the main entrance. Avoid contact with CDC personel where possible, they may be hostile. Also be advised I have unconfirmed reports of rioting and cannibalism. Say again cannibalism. Exercise extreme caution. Lethal force authorised as a last resort. Say again, main entrance, extreme caution, lethal force as last resort

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

"Hey! Get away from her!" Harry places the injured man on the nearest empty bed. "Nurse? Hand me my axe."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

"We're tryin' sir, but there is a big fight going down right now. Reports of cannibalism... are accurate, sir. I repeat, cannibalism is occuring. Everyone here is ordered to shoot anyone approaching. Or anyone trying to get into the hospital without a HAZMAT suit, so we can't take the main entrance. I have no clue what they are doing sir, if this rioting and cannibalism is part of the virus or whatever, and it is spread by air, why are they quarantining the hospital? They have no idea what they are doing sir, this is a major **** up and we are the ones that are gonna pay. Hold tight sir, we'll get you outta there. *click* Radio goes silent.

The Nurse drops the axe the second she lays eyes on the patient. By the time she returns the patient is nearly on Harry.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will need a dodge check from harry
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't make me do this!" Harry dives for his axe but waits for the crazed patient to attack him first before defending himself, in case it could be avoided.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fast Reaction Time, so I should go first.
    Move action to pick up Axe.
    Defensive Parry with Axe (1d10+8)[16]
    Another Parry if needed (1d10+6)[12]
    1st Attack with Axe (1d10+8)[17] Damage (10d6+10)[47] +20 (5th level success)
    2nd Attack with Axe (1d10+6)[8]* Damage (10d6+10)[46]
    *-2 if 2nd Parry was needed

Damage calculation
    Base for axe: (Str)*(d6+1)
    2x For slashing and being used 2handed at Str 4 gives:
    2*(4+1)*(d6+1) = 10*(d6+1) = 10d6+10

Parry with axe from p100 of Core book.
    Last edited by ThirtyThr33; 2011-09-21 at 01:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Mindartis View Post
    What in God's name... Father Cornello whispers, trying not to be sick. Did you just see that? He asked Keith. That man just started eating the other one! Whats going on?
    "I don't know padre but I aim to find out."
    Keith works his way over to the entry tube the CDC official used to leave the hospital and takes a look out.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Kieth left, the Father just stood there, thoroughly shaken. He was only brought back to reality when he heard a horrifying cry coming from farther back in the hospital. Suddenly, pieces started to fall together. The dead, the eating of the flesh, shooting them in the head... No, it can't possibly be. This is just insane. He thought. He used to love horror stories as a kid. It gave him lots of knowledge about the Occult. There was only one thing that fit this description. Stay away from anybody coming close! He yelled to Kieth. I know this is going to sound crazy, but it is the only thing that makes sense! He paused. Was he really going to say the thing that was filling his mind? Those people, they arent themselves anymore. I think they're zombies!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranks in Occult Knowledge as well as Myths and Legends helped him figure it out.
    Last edited by Mindartis; 2011-09-21 at 03:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Zack stands straight, takes a deep breath and puts on his parade ground voice. Right everyone listen up! he barks. We got ourselves a stuation here and it's gettin' ugly. I am Sergeant Major Allan, US Army, if you wish to get through this I suggest you do what I say, when I say it!

Zack chooses his words carefully attempting to avoid panicing the people. He hopes that by having someone take charge, people will pull together. In his experience it works.

You! he points a teenage boy sitting in the waiting area aged about 15 Find me a TV or a radio and tune it to a local news station!

You! he points to a slightly overweight security guard get on your radio and find out what's going on in ths place! Get me the Chief of Staff if you can

You! He spins around and glares at the priest Hysterics help no one! It's just people scared of the CDC and this little illness. Zombies my ass, a man of the cloth should know better!

Everyone else, barricades. Keep these crazy idiots away from us!

There is a little movement, but mostly people just stare at him. I know I'm pretty, but you'll have to gaze in awe some other time! Move MOVE MOVE!! Zack crashes his hand down on the desk top and suddenly there is a burst of activity.
    Last edited by Bushidough; 2011-09-21 at 05:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

The patient lunges at Harry, but Harry buts him off and hacks at the zombie with his axe. Blood spurts up in Harry's face as he drives the axe into the zombie's forehead, felling it.

Keith sees nothing special, but there appears to be a major dispute going on outside of the tube, like the army is arguing with the CDC.

Little does anyone currently know, Father Cornello is spot on.

A small boy finds a radio and brings it to Zack. A hysterical newscaster begins ranting: "It is the end of times I tell you! People dying, getting back up and eating other people! The people they kill, get up and kill! THe ****ing end of the earth is here! Armageddon! Ragnarok! NOAHS ****ING ARK! Listen to me America, there is no hope, there is no-... *click* [elevator-like music begins playing]."

The security gaurd beings talking frantically into his walkie-talkie: "Jones, Matthews, Max? Anyone! This is gone to ****! We need the Chief of Staff! Now!"
    Last edited by Bearpunch; 2011-09-21 at 06:48 PM.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke