New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Tales of Astonishment!

Lachtan looks for a spot in the shadow, then turns to Rannil
    "So, what's your story? You seem accustomed to that kind of incidents, as the one inside" he asks in a low voice
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

"People, people. Do not worry. Nothing happened, just someone handing out free gold and a few others overreacted. Even the walls wanted a share and left, so that's why there are holes. And there where no Imperial guards, just a bunch of drunk soldiers bluffing that were Imperial."

Spoiler
    Show
    Although I got the feeling no one is going to believe me, here is a roll to prove my feelings.
    Bluff: (1d20+1)[19]

Edit: OOC: Owh heya ninja.
    I see a 19, i misuse that.

Seeing the people lightly distracted Ewardine dives into the shades next to Lachtan. "I'm a State Alchemist, or rather, soon to be a State Alchemist. Things like this always happen where ever I travel." She whispers back.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-25 at 04:56 PM.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well, it's nice to meet you. My name is Lachtan. I'm simply traveling the land, with no particular destination. I prefer to attract much less attention than what happened there, but since trouble seems to find me even when I'm actively avoiding it, I wouldn't say no to traveling companions" he smiles
    or trail rations, as they also are called he thinks silently before continuing
    "At least not to anyone as adept in combat as you are"
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-07-25 at 05:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Emily darted over to Lucas, pulling on him insistently as she headed outside.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Um... what's going on?" said Lucas as he was grabbed. He tried to resist for a moment, but gave up quickly.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

"The captain of the guards was a gnome in a suit and we're... I dunno, doing something." babbled Emily, pulling him along.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

"Pleasure to meet ya. Names Edwardine. To be honest I shouldn't attract that much attention, I do am on official business. Some kind of investigating and I think what just happened is related. Glad to have someone that can watch my back." She smiles and bows while she wonders: 'Some one else attracting trouble, is this related, I should find those others then.' "If you want to help me, we might get some clues finding those others that fought against the imperial."

Spoiler
    Show
    P.S. DM
    If I like you can send me my mission or whatever I am investigating. Much more fun then making one up myself.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-26 at 03:30 PM.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rannil View Post
    P.S. DM
    If I like you can send me my mission or whatever I am investigating. Much more fun then making one up myself.
    Will send you a PM right now.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I think I could be of much greater help if you explained more in detail the nature of the investigation, so I know what kind of information to look out for"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Will send you a PM right now.
    OOC: Cool thanks. ^^

"Rumors about monsters, I can't name names you know. But I have a location that might be "filled with monsters". I just don't trust the imperial guard here. Monsters appear, and they appear too..." Edwardine says, getting way to personal with her mission.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-26 at 03:48 PM.

My dragons:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I see.... Any particular kind of monsters?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

bumping, been awhile since anyone posted.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

"Not really, but I would bet the real monsters are the imperial." Edwardine rolls her eyes. "But we should at least try to get those other fighters, even if they nothing, I guess I need some help assaulting a monster lair." She looks around to see if she can recognize the other PC's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+1)[6]

Edit: I tried?
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-30 at 12:01 PM.

My dragons:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rannil View Post
    "Not really, but I would bet the real monsters are the imperial." Edwardine rolls her eyes. "But we should at least try to get those other fighters, even if they nothing, I guess I need some help assaulting a monster lair." She looks around to see if she can recognize the other PC's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: [roll0]

Edit: I tried?
    The Empire gave you the mission. The Empire runs this nation and unlike Star Wars and most Sword and Sorcery tales, the Empire is not evil and corrupt. That colonel you just fought was, but the rulers aren't. As for the spot check, I'll say it's high enough just to get you guys to form a group and be off.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Sorry, guess I automatically hate anything with imperial in the name.

For the sake of logic, let's change the mistrust to the corrupted officer and how strange that is. I'm to lazy to change my earlier posts to reflect that.

IC:

Edwardine waves to others. "Hello, you just were in that bar fight, or whatever is left of that bar. My name is Edwardine and I am sort of investigating stuff here, and was wondering, do you know anything about that attack on the bar? Or monsters?"

My dragons:

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lachtan just stands back, letting Edwardine talk as he scans the scene for anything of interest
    spot (1d20+5)[15]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Lachtan you don't seem to spot anything that interesting except a man with a pumpkin for a head having a conversation with a ostrich. Don't know how you guys missed that.