New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Poke'mon in the Playground Part 1 Second Attempt: The Call

((Saiph is still under the effects of Sumon's Block, no? There aren't rules about it, but I don't see why he cannot block more than one target at a time...))

Sumon used Yawn! Foe's Glaile became sleepy!

Edward used Baton Pass! Executioner emerged! The Leech Seeds failed... Executioner is grass type!

Executioner, Exeggcutor level 64, Shiny. Dusk balls orbit around it, held in place by its psychic powers.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sinnoh Underground

((I can't find whether or not Teleport is affected by Block. If it is then it's implied he used a Smoke Ball.))

Vs. Maggie

Glailie used Ice Beam Vs. Sumon (1d100)[16] 95 power, STAB, Never Melt Ice, Not Very Effective, freezes on 1 (1d10)[6]

Brawl for Shaymin

If Saiph managed to get a hold of Shaymin he immediately uses Teleport to return to Flower Paradise. If not he readies a Water Pulse against the floating Dusk Balls should Executioner attempt to throw one.

...It seems like something is underground...

Skies of Sinnoh

'Hm, it's amazing how in preparing for everything we have missed the obvious solution. We could just call Saiph and tell him to meet us at Iron Island or some such instead of tracking him down...'

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

The Skies of Sinnoh

Adel motioned for the Pidgeotto he was riding on with one of the stoic men to fly closer to the Starmie. "That would be helpful, yes! If he does come, he's gonna have to wait outside - I might have to ask you to do the same, depending on what the state of the place is when we get there. Sorry about that, if we do. But the boss'd definitely chew me out for letting another human in, he's a bit partic'lar about that."
    At dusk, I will think of you...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skies of Sinnoh

'...It isn't a problem. Though it would be interesting to meet this "boss."'

The Starmie gives Adel Saiph's number and returns to silence. Thinking about what exactly this "organization" is.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SP Ninja View Post
    Sinnoh Underground

((I can't find whether or not Teleport is affected by Block. If it is then it's implied he used a Smoke Ball.))

Vs. Maggie

Glailie used Ice Beam Vs. Sumon (1d100)[95] 95 power, STAB, Never Melt Ice, Not Very Effective, freezes on 1 (1d100)[75]

Brawl for Shaymin

If Saiph managed to get a hold of Shaymin he immediately uses Teleport to return to Flower Paradise. If not he readies a Water Pulse against the floating Dusk Balls should Executioner attempt to throw one.

...It seems like something is underground...

Skies of Sinnoh

'Hm, it's amazing how in preparing for everything we have missed the obvious solution. We could just call Saiph and tell him to meet us at Iron Island or some such instead of tracking him down...'
    Sumon used Return! (1d100)[95] 100 or less hits, 153 power after STAB from a level 62 Snorlax.
    Glailie fell asleep!

Meanwhile...

Executioner used Seed Bomb on Saiph!
    (1d100)[75] 100 or less hits, 120 power after STAB from a level 64 Exeggcutor who has a Swords Dance on it. Executioner then uses its powers to draw Shaymin close, preparing to use Teleport. If Saiph succeeded in returning Shaymin to Flower Paradise, Executioner follows on the tails of his Teleport with a Teleport of his own and then does the above.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vs. Maggie

Glalie is at critical health!

Glalie is fast asleep... (1d5)[4]

Brawl for Shaymin

Saiph is at one HP.

What happens from here depends on where they are. If Saiph is at Flower Paradise with Shaymin he continually uses Teleport to get far out into open ocean. If in the underground Saiph's Delcatty uses Dig to force Shaymin from the battle and Saiph readies Water Pulse to parry Executioner's next move.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Brawl for Shaymin-Sinnoh Underground-Beneath Flower Path

Shaymin cannot escape!

(It has no items to permit escape... so it can only escape if either Executioner or Wobbeffet is defeated.)

Shaymin cannot move out of fear!
    Psychic Isabel transformed!

Natu used Night Shade against Executioner! (1d100)[96] (50 damage, 100 or less)

Wobbeffet is watching carefully!

A distant boom can be heard far to the west...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saiph abandons his plans for a parry and moves between Shaymin and Executioner, attempting to cover the former with his cloak. He then creates a wall of water around Shaymin and himself.

Saiph improvised Protect

If there is a fail chance due to improvisation: (1d100)[87]

I'll just have to last...

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Dandan Dan Dandan shouts Executioner, its shiny golden sheen sparking in the tunnel's half-light.

Executioner used Seed Bomb on Isabel!

(1d100)[49] (100 or less hits, 120 power post-STAB from a level 64 Exeggutor with 1 Swords Dance on it.)

Meanwhile...
    Sumon finishes off Glailie with another Return, and then Maggie returns Sumon and Tyrant. Whiskers dives off down the tunnel, swimming through the rock as if it was water.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vs. Maggie

Flygon picks up the fainted Glalie, as it and Togekiss pursue Maggie.

Togekiss used Extreme Speed Vs. Whiskers (1d100)[36] 100 accuracy, 120 power after STAB from a level 47 Togekiss.

Flygon began to glow...

Brawl for Shaymin

Saiph turns to the 'mon he was protecting as Executioner launches it's attack. "Please, Shaymin. I beg you to come with me. I promise I will release you when you want, but this is the only way I can think of to get you out of here."

Saiph used an Ultra Ball on Shaymin. Zero catch chance if Shaymin does not want to come with Saiph.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Landing in front of the Pokemon Center in Eterna City, Ian hops off of Flamer's back and heads inside, to the PC.

"Let's see... Not much water around here, so Cyro's out... Brian it is." He mutters, transfering his Lapras and withdrawing his Golduck.

He then walks back outside and climbs onto the back of his Charizard, indicating that travel to the roof of the Galactic Building is what he wants.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SP Ninja View Post
    Vs. Maggie

Flygon picks up the fainted Glalie, as it and Togekiss pursue Maggie.

Togekiss used Extreme Speed Vs. Whiskers (1d100)[100] 100 accuracy, 120 power after STAB from a level 47 Togekiss.

Flygon began to glow...

Brawl for Shaymin

Saiph turns to the 'mon he was protecting as Executioner launches it's attack. "Please, Shaymin. I beg you to come with me. I promise I will release you when you want, but this is the only way I can think of to get you out of here."

Saiph used an Ultra Ball on Shaymin. Zero catch chance if Shaymin does not want to come with Saiph.
    Vs. Maggie

Argh.... Tyrant, Edward, go! Edward, Bullet Punch that Togekiss back down the tunnel! Tyrant, Rock Slide!

Edward punches Togekiss in the face, sending it flying backwards, as Tyrant seals off the tunnel with a Rock Slide. That should hold them. Now, Whiskers, onward! Edward, keep up! Tyrant, return!

Brawl for Shaymin

Executioner used Sleep Powder! ((I figure that since Saiph is in such proximity to Shaymin, the intended target, that it targets both of them.))

(1d100)[100] 75 or less hits Shaymin, sleeped on a hit.
    (1d100)[43] 75 or less hits Saiph, sleeped on a hit.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sinnoh Underground

Vs. Maggie

Both Togekiss and Flygon turn and go around the long way. Flygon holds back it's Solar Beam for now.

Brawl for Shaymin

Saiph falls over, asleep. (1d5)[5]

Saiph is fast asleep...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

Day

The sun rises...

Sinnoh Underground

Psychic Isabel took no damage!

My time is up...

The ball hits Shaymin, and Shaymin is absorbed into it.

Natu vanished instantly!

Wobble...

Shedinja vanished instantly!

Wobble...

Wobbeffet vanished instantly!

Wobble...

Psychic Isabel vanished instantly!

*DING*

Shaymin was caught by a sleeping trainer!

Flower Paradise

The rain passes... though it seems that the clouds are heading south... against the wind...

Poke'lathon Dome Announced in Sinnoh!
    After it's recent reveal of Poke'lathon compitions in Johto, and it's sharp rise in popularity, the famed Poke'athlete Maximo announced his plans to build a Poke'lathon Dome to the north of Twinleaf Town, convenently located near Lake Verity... (See page 3 for more of the story)

Explosion on Iron Island

Late last night, an explosion occured on Iron Island, similar to the explosion at Lake Valor about a year ago. Team Galactic is suspected, but no solid proof is held at the moment...

Galactic Shake Up!

Team Galactic Boss Saturn is resigning his post as Galactic Boss, leaving Team Galactic in the hands of Caelus. Team Galactic currently has three Commanders now. Commanders Mercury, Neptune, and Venus, with an advisor named Ceres.

Poke'mon of the Week

We're still looking for Zigzagoon. We'll pay you with some Dusk Balls and a Heart Scale to see it!
    Route 202

With the trainer no longer acting... it appears Team Galactic has fled...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Maggie catches up to Executioner, and picks up the pokeball Saiph used ot catch Shaymin. Thanks for doing my job for me, kiddo. See ya later. She returns Executioner and Edward, and then stashes the ball in her pack. Whiskers dashes off with her on its back, and then plunges through the ceiling and out into the open ocean. It then heads south, towards Sunnyshore City. Maggie takes off the Dive-breathing apparatus that came with the Dive HM, and then laughs at her good fortune as she lets the sun dry her off... only to realize that, all of a sudden, its raining.

((Sorry, didn't realize you'd responded, didn't meant to leave James inactive))

Route 202

Hey podnahs! Git back here! I wasn't done with y'all! James hurries after the Galactics, his Rattata, Persian and Hoothoot in tow.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sinnoh Underground

Saiph wakes up next to his four 'mon. Apparently they managed to administer a revive to Glalie. Saiph returns all the 'mon but his Flygon, remembering Shaymin disappearing into the ball before falling asleep. "...The ghost or Maggie, Flygon."

Saiph's Flygon gestures to a hole Maggie's Whishcash made. "...If only you had waited. I would have helped you anyway, and since you stole Shaymin this will only be more difficult for you..." Saiph stays silent for a moment. "...Let's go, Flygon. I will leave Shaymin in Gaia's hands for now." The Flygon inclines it's head in confusion. "You know my thoughts on this. Haven is relatively safe and my main problem with them is their use of Groudon. That harm is already done, and there are bigger problems to deal with. Pastoria is our destination. All that rain and water might clear my head."

A Flygon could be seen heading towards Pastoria from Flower Paradise. ...and besides it's benefits for me. The water in Pastoria is likely to attract Kyogre, if it is in Sinnoh. Either Pastoria or Sunnyshore. Take care of Shaymin, Maggie. I will come to Haven to see if it wants to come back with me eventually. Saiph stares into the distance. "Flygon, I hate to strain you after all of this, but can you try to go as fast as possible..."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Eterna City

Climbing from the back of his Charizard, Ian looks around the roof of the Galactic building.

"Not gonna be difficult to infiltrate this." He mutters, withdrawing the fire type.

"Slicy, I need a hole in this, large enough for me to pass through." He continues, releasing his Gallade.

'Sir.' The psychic type responds, cutting the floor in a a circle with Psycho Cut.

"Return." Ian says, eyeing the entrance as he withdraws his 'mon.

He then removes several climbing aids from his bag and drops in, hooking himself to the ceiling.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2010-08-21 at 10:51 AM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skies of Sinnoh - East of Floaroma

Adel and Starmie approach Iron Island...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

The Skies of Sinnoh/Iron Island

The three Pidgeottos soar down to the ground, each touching the ground with excellent symmetry of both sound and looks. Adel looked around at the ruins; it was clear that the explosion had been powerful. White corridors now led to a drop into the ocean, in a manner that even a super-villain would be displeased with. Adel and his comrades blinked and looked around.

"..." Adel stared at the ruins before him, before snapping his fingers. "Zillah! Your master calls!" A shadowy figure materialised next to Adel; it faded moments after. "Casualties were not significant, if Zillah's still here. My organisation will be holding the remainder of my team; let's have a look-round, see if the perpetrator is still here. And if he is, their feet really won't touch the ground." He ended his sentence with a feral growl, before he set off, climbing over the ruins; the white corridors provided brief level paths before he was set scrambling over debris once again.
    Last edited by Allan Surgite; 2010-08-30 at 01:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iron Island

'That explosion earlier, it was probably Galactic's doing. As for why, me and Saiph have heard a few rumors of Registeel, another Legendary, being located here. They lacked enough evidence to be convincing, but it is the only explanation I can think of for such an attack. A few Grunts, maybe an Admin, if they linger or have yet to capture Registeel it is nothing we can not handle. We will crush them.' Starmie is hovering after Adel, apparently using Psychic to improvise an effect similar to Magnet Rise.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

"Registeel? Here? I doubt that; and if it is, it'd have to be pretty damn deep into the island if my organisation haven't found it yet. Speaking of which." He turned to his followers, who had been slowly stumbling over the rocks behind him. "Right. If you see anyone from the organisation, you immediately go to their aid. I intend to see if any of the healing thingies is still intact." He walked down one of the white corridors that led deeper into the island, turning as he did so.

"My organisation isn't exactly making a lot of friends, it seems."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iron Island

'I do not know. It is merely a possibility. My main concern right now is defeating whoever is responsible. They can tell us why they are here. I doubt they could pose any more of a threat than Moltres, and that battle went about as well as could be expected. Speaking of which, we should probably contact Saiph to confirm he has Shaymin and so he can meet us as soon as possible.'