New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: To boldly go where no maid has gone before! MTTaS

It's hard to tell from behind Nora's scarf but it looks like she's grinning. From her secret stash of manga and romance novels!
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia was not amused.

"I see a few problems with that argument of yours. Firstly, just because this Tanigawa is real is the simplest explanation, that doesn't necessarily means it's true. It merely means that it is more likely to be true. This Tanigawa being another fake remains a distinct possibility, especially considering these two here. I'm going to hold to the second possibility until I have evidence to the contrary. Safety first.

Secondly, given our previous experience, you are arguably making more assumptions by stating this Tanigawa is true rather than it being false. We have already faced a fake right before this, and we've been trapped in this hologram without our notice, so I'm certain that it can happen again. Ockham's razor does not necessarily support your argument, since your given condition is not necessarily the one with the least assumptions.

Thirdly, our contact with Tanigawa has been intermittent before this. It is now suddenly cleared. I find that difficult to believe.

Fourthly, I find your last statement troubling. It suggests that you are discarding the possibility that this Tanigawa is not real due to the fact that it would be troublesome and would challenge the certainty of your knowledge. What you want has no hold on reality.

And Nora, cut back a little on that stuff. They are not always good for you. No one's going to sell you off, not if I can help it."
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2010-09-09 at 04:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

"Eh-he-he-heh..." Kari laughs, certain that KyoKyou are watching this with amusement. "Well, you do make some good points, and you do make me doubt. What I mean to say is that... wait..." Kari rubs her temples in contemplation for a moment. "Alright, you were correct that the Tanigawa is not necessarily real. What I mean, if I hadn't gotten carried away, was that if this Tanigawa were fake, that would set this off the rails. KyoKyou have already shown their ability to create elaborate holograms. If this were another one, they could have us trapped eighty layers deep in one. If she were fake, I have trouble thinking this is a situation we could get out of..." Kari has calmed down a bit from talking in "size 4" font. "Your thoughts?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Brunhild was at a loss for words beyond 'You're all weird,' so she decided to say nothing.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia nodded. Common sense. At last.

"I think two or three would be about right. Any more would be prohibitively expensive and rather pointless. Any less would be ineffective. If our foes were evaluating us, I think that what we do to these two douche bags here would be a lot more revealing than how we handle a fake Tanigawa. Also, I can't help but think that them revealing this whole thing is a fake was intentional. It was really clumsy. A third would just be security. And to further lower our guard. Or they might REALLY be that stupid, and these two in front of us are real. Still, in my experience, it's always better to overestimate your opponent that to underestimate him."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

"Gah, I can't wrap my head around this. So... you're saying that they want us to join them and won't go peacefully to the agency. If that's the case, then how exactly do you plan to get out of our little predicament?" Taking a moment to think about something less boggling, she shouts over to Kyo(u). "Hey, Kyokyou? What's in that box?"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Various tools and pieces of equipment to help repair the ship." The Kyo/u said as he shook the box, resulting in a clanky metal sound from within.

The Kyo/u that speaks in red sighed, making his way back to the clearing with the crashed ship. "Hey. I need two of you lovely ladies with me at all time, right?" He asked with a wink.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

Kari looked over her shoulder to address Kyo/u."Mmhmm, that's right, and we're NOT FINISHED DECIDING YET!"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Mina

"OH FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD !"
    Mina, who was sitting silently against one of the wall of the pod waiting for the deliberation to comme to an end, suddenly rises up, her tail twitching out of frustration "Tanigawa isn't real, there. Or maybe she is all part of the twin's diabolical plan to see us die of old age oin the time it takes you to decide on a course of action.
    Thing is: It doesn't matter anyway !We've already established we can't do anything about it for now. So unless one of you commes with a brilliant way to differienciate what's real and what's not in the next ten seconds, we're just wasting time here.."

Mina take a deeep breath and count mentaly to ten.

"So...

personaly you do what you want but I'm going going to go with red
    " she point at Kyo or maybe Kyou, whatever. the one who spoke last at any rate. "Here, and hopefully by the time we're back you'll be done arguing and will have eventualy reached a decision. I'm not optimistic though."
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-09-12 at 06:36 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

"... Well said," Kari says bluntly, afraid that something very bad would happen if she didn't agree with Mina. With her fear making decisions for her at the moment, she'll go with the Blue Kyo(u), who seemed a bit more down to earth and less likely to have Mina near her.

11. - Top - End - #161

((Just a small reminder to post. I'll be updating sometime tomorrow or the following day.))

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

"...
    Rr... You are all awfully silent.

...Did I ruin the mood or did a balckhole suddenly oppened and sucked everyone in"
    ask Mina to kari in an uneasy whisper.

Spoiler
    Show
    betwenn college starting and school really kicking in, I assume it's normal to expect a dropin activity in mid september.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

13. - Top - End - #163

Nora has a clever plan to distinguish reality from illusion!

Having declared this, she pounces on the red-speaking Kyou, her scarf falling off as she tries to gnaw on him with her sharp little fangs.

Athletics - (1d6x2)[8]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandi

"I agree with Mina, Brandi says in her 'I told you all so' voice." the android says plaintively as she steps over towards the more 'normal' seeming of the brothers, "But Tanigawa-san is real, Brandi says helpfully. Her voice continues to hold the same stress fluctuations from the previous implied comment about her smaller bust size then myself, Brandi points and subtly digs."

Then her head turns to Kyo.

"What else need done before the ship is ready to launch, Brandi asks in an exasperated fashion."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #165

"Minor Maintenance and preparations for flight, mostly. You two are welcome to come along and help get it running sooner." Blue!Kyo/u says as he gives the toolbox another shake.

Tanigawa, meanwhile, makes a note in a clipboard after Brandi's recent statement and then disconnects the message.

"...Eh?" Red!Kyo/u manages to say as the werewolf leaps at him. Luckily his reflexes are better than his diction, and so he catches Nora with an audible "Ugh.", causing him to fall backward. Nora's face stops an inch above of Red!Kyo/u's as they both lie there.

(Nora gains 2 Stress. Kyo/u countered with his luck stat.)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

"W-well, if it were a black whole, at least we didn't reach the event horizon!" Kari delivers with a forced laugh Affection to seem real - (1d6x4)[8]. "I guess I was just a bit intimidated. Just hope this mission goes all as planned... or at least, as close as possible."

17. - Top - End - #167

He's... real... says Nora as her fangs gnash the air. If anyone hasn't yet taken leave of their senses, perhaps they could give me a little help here!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

"Nora, they're real, yes. There's a difference between an uphill fight and confusingly impossible. Or it could be, like, a body double or something. Kari's still confused, but has sided with Alicia and Mina.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Mina

"Actually I never said they were the real thing. just that it doesn't matter in the present cisumstances" comments matter of factly Mina; before, in a smotth movement, she shoots her arms in the general direction of what sounds vaguely a personn tackling another in an atempt to grab them both by the collar and break it up. (If she does manage to grab Kyo(u), she'll sneakily take the occasion to check if he feels real by twisting his arm a bit)

Spoiler
    Show
    Ath if needed (1d6*4)[16]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ((If roll is succesfull to grab at least one of them, or if they don't resist))

"Nora, you cut that out now ."
    That's the teapot shamelessly scolding the kettle back into not assaulting people without provocation. "Or I'm going to have to start to respect you." she's not very convincing at it "And you, Red...er.. you start stopping being such a tempting target ?
    Anyway; let's go repair that spaceship, shall we ? That atmosphere is making my ears dry and itchy, I'll be happy when we get out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

((if the roll is not.))

As good as they may be, smell and hearing will only get you so far...Mina turns into a completly wrong direction and tries to grab thin air. Her arms flail pointlesslyr for a while before she looses her balance and falls miserably over the two.

Spoiler
    Show
    How much stress ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-09-16 at 10:08 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll accompany you. I think these two have gotten everything perfectly under control here and I don't want to get in their way," said Brunhild to Blue!Kyo/u in reference to Nora and Mina. All this debate over whether they were real or not was starting to seriously grate on her nerves and she desperately wanted to get away from it and spend some time with the much more sensible Brandi.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Mina

As they walk to the ship, Mina is carefull not to BUMP into any obstacle.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-09-20 at 07:08 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

22. - Top - End - #172

Mina was successful in separating the Werewolf from the man in the labcoat. "Alright. Let's go."

Both Kyo/us nodded as they left the remains of the pod and made their way to the ship.

_/ _/ _/

Immediately the two get to work, moving like a well-oiled machine. Upon closer inspection it seems that the crash was fabricated, nothing was really all that damage, just disassembled.

Anyone is free to help, watch over them, converse amongst themselves, etc.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari Passerine

Kari stands by for a bit, then starts to do whatever she as a SCIENtist can do to help, taking note of all of the signs that this was a fabrication. "Hey, Kyo," Kari says without a hint of disdain, "You mind telling me why you intentionally 'crashed' here?" Crashed is delivered with the appropriate air-quotes. "Do you just like enticing law enforcers, or what?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Mina

"Wait the crash was a fake ?" Mina will just take the pothers world for it since she can see what the two are doing "Well, It's certainly an original way to get compagny, I'll grant them that."
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-09-23 at 06:22 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Brunhild

Brunhild assists Kari in whatever way she can instead of directly helping the criminals and tries to keep her distance from them.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandi

The android falls silent as the two criminals set about re-assembling the ship, distinctly noticing how quickly the process seemed to be going. That only brought up more questions though, like why go to all of this trouble just to turn themselves in. Something she pointed to the more logical seeming of the Kyo/u's.

"Wouldn't it have been simpler just to walk into a police station holding your arrest warrants, Brandi asks curiously." the android says, dredging up files on ship repair even as she made light conversation with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill: (1d6x3)[9]
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-09-23 at 01:04 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #177

"This is our hideout. We were on our way here anyway, and it doesn't take too long to make this security measure. We would've caught you and ransomed you off if my brother didn't screw up."

"Shut up. You know you wanted it to happen too."

"Whatever. We're just going to make the best of the next 30 days." Kyo/u said with a sigh as he finished making the repairs.

"Do you lovely ladies have a request for our first destination?"

28. - Top - End - #178

Nora wants to go to Elysian Secure Cryogenics And Prison Encampment. She promises not to hand you over to the authorities at the first opportunity, where the criminal scum would then spend eternity frozen solid in a holding cell. Nora has retrieved and replaced her scarf and is now just sulking.
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2010-09-25 at 02:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Kari

Kari doesn't envision the acronym in her head, but doesn't object to Nora. "As wonderful of a place as Elysium is, I guess I'm fine going anywhere... I'd love to explore the ship, really."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Mina

Looks like she's concentrating and counting on her fingers.
    "e.. S..C.. oh that's clever. soo i dodn't suppose you'd know a planet where they grow eyebals back, no ? or a planet where you get paid to do nothing all day ? No ? I'm out of ideas."

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-