New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Starcraft d20 [Project]

Hello, my fellow playgrounders.

I'm an avid starcraft fan. I played the original game, I played brood wars, I was in the SCII beta (lucky me), and now I play SCII itself. Quite a bit. I love it.

However, I also love tabletop gaming, especially the d20 system, or variations thereof. And now, after I've scorched the internet looking for it, I've come to realize that a good, complete, and balanced d20, or variation thereof, Starcraft system simply doesn't exist. If you ask me, that's one hell of a void in the repertoire of d20. That, or I suck at googling.

Now, being only a part time homebrewer, with little experience in anything but creature creation under my belt, the task that seemed the only real solution to my problem, to this void, appeared rather daunting.

So I reach out to you, inhabitants of the homebrew forum. Any other Starcraft fans out there willing to cooperate in building some sort of system that'll allow us to play in the SC universe? Or perhaps nod me towards such a thing.. Stupid googling skills.
    Last edited by Edwin; 2010-09-25 at 01:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft d20 [Project]

You could try using Rogue Trader. It's gritty, has rules for space marines, and you can use Eldar for Protoss and Tyranids for Zerg.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.