New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Flames of War IC

Rascine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see nothing out of the ordinary. The smoke from the army's cook fires is visible in the distance. The ground is dry, so your footprints are not largely visible beyond the bent grass, which should straighten eventually.

Mikoll chuckles and half turns. "Careful with the clues you give me if you're trying to keep a secret." He raises his voice so it carries to the back of the group. "And don't worry about what's behind us just yet. We've still miles to go before that."
    With that he turns back to the front and continues.

After another few hours of walking, Mikoll calls for a halt.

"This is our first stop. We'll make a camp here and rest. We're not in a hurry just yet. I estimate we've come roughly ten miles since yesterday evening."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: No encounters yet despite the two rolls I made.
    Last edited by Noedig; 2010-08-04 at 02:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stopping to rest seemed like a good thing to do. Rascine's feet thanked him happily for the time off and the act of setting up his bedroll for at least a comfortable place to sit seemed to put his body at ease. Taking out some parchment and his pen, he reviewed some of his alchemy recipes and what materials he would need for them.

3. - Top - End - #63

Corak will quickly set up his tent and start eyeing up his companions. They all seemed more capable than he originally pegged them, but he needed to know for sure if was going to put his life in their hands. Especially if he was going to fight alongside them. He asks each of his non-caster companions, "Does anyone wish to have a sparring match?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

G'eld-as sits down, preparing to watch any sparring match that may occur. After that, he will trance and prepare the same spells he had previously prepared.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Elena shakes her head. "Sorry, I'm a healer, and not much of a fighter," she replies. "My general intention is to stay away from the fighting so I can patch up the real warriors."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could stand some fun, although I might burn you.." With a sinister smirk, Skullga looks at the warrior looking for a spar.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I don't fight for fun...sorry my friend." Cornet then looked to the other before sitting down and resting for he knew that soon rest would be a luxury that was not afforded to them. He would drink from his waterskin and simply watch any of the others who were actually fighting.

8. - Top - End - #68

@Doombringer: "Neither do I, but you have to practice to keep your skills sharp."

@mr carter: "Hah! Look at me! You think I'm afraid of fire?" Corak briefly surrounds himself with a small aura of flames.
    (OOC: Prestidigitation + Control Flames)
    "Alright then, what are your terms?"

OOC: To DM: We should probably fight in a separate thread to keep the game moving. Can we just do a fight to the death mechanics-wise but assume that we're not trying to kill, so nobody actually dies?
    Last edited by Tinydwarfman; 2010-08-05 at 10:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Mikoll turns to Corak and Skulga.

"Fight outside the camp. And try not to kill each other. We're short handed as is."

10. - Top - End - #70

Cornet just laughed "You two have fun try not to burn the forest down." he would shake his head at the all to optimistic pair. "Is it alright to sleep out of armor here? Cornet knew that it might not be such a good idea later but for now armor just seemed like a bad idea to sleep in. He was told they were still a few days out from the enemy territory so not wearing it to sleep was a good idea.
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2010-08-05 at 11:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Mikoll nodded to Cornet.

"You should be fine for now, but get used to the idea of living day and night in it when we get into enemy territory."

Spoiler
    Show
    Flames of War Sparing Match has been posted for you.
    Last edited by Noedig; 2010-08-05 at 01:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Cornet nodded and with that stood and made his way into his respected tent. "Rest well and may Helm watch over you all." He would remove the armor before laying back and drifting off to sleep. He was not going to stay awake the more sleep he had the more alert he would be during the rest of the trip for any dangers.
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2010-08-06 at 05:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carefully finishing all his writing on the page and waiting for the ink to dry, Rascine got out of his Chain Shirt and took a moment to eat some of his rations and drink some water. He wouldn't want to get into anything knowing that he hadn't eaten the day before. After his food break, Rascine lay down and gazed at the sky until he slowly dozed off into sleep.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The match over, G'eld-as walks back to his tent and trances.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullga just kinda lays there for a bit, not really caring at this point. Wondering if murdering him in his sleep would be worth the effort.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Elena lies down in her bedroll and drops off to sleep quickly, keeping her spear close at hand.

17. - Top - End - #77

Corak bends down and offer Skullga his hand. "Didn't hurt you too much did I? Nice breath by the way. What else can you do?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking his hand to pull himself up. "My powers can change day to day. I can do many things, it just depends on what I choose to be able to do at the beginning of the day. You?"
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

19. - Top - End - #79

"Ah, well the only thing I really do is kill people in a variety of interesting ways. I do that pretty well though. Magic is a power tool, regardless of what it's used for."
    Last edited by Tinydwarfman; 2010-08-07 at 04:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

A quite restful eight hours pass, and the sun climbs high, then begins its descent. Mikoll rises first and wakes each of you in turn. After your gear is collected Mikoll pulls out the map again.

"We made good time yesterday."

He gestures to a point along your marked path.

"We're about halfway to Lake Sembar and we need to make it there by tonight, because we'll be going at snails crawl after that. I trust you are all ready to head out? Good. Let's get moving."

And with that Mikoll turns and leads the way.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

The rest was pleasant to say the least. Taking fifteen minutes while Mikoll and everyone was packing up tents and such, Rascine meditated. In that time, he recalled his spells from within his subconscious mind. Each one almost beckoning him to be cast forth.

Packing didn't take long, and donning his armor one more was no hassle when done correctly. Making his mental checklist, Rascine was more than ready to go. Something did cross his mind though that could be answered quickly enough.

"I know we aren't to that point yet but I would like to know beforehand. How did we plan to cross the Mistdale unseen?" He asked Mikoll as the group started walking again.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Mikoll half turned.

"Ideally we will be crossing at night. The river isn't particularly deep at our cross point, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult. One of the battle mages prepared a scroll for us if we should need it. It creates a mist that does a good job at concealing movement. And it won't be out of place as the river is in fact called 'Mistdale'."

23. - Top - End - #83

Cornet would simply place his armor on and strap his blade to his side. "Good morning everyone." Cornet would then pull some trail rations to eat as they walked. The dried fruit and berries he packed came in handy indeed. "So we when reach this Mistdale..how deep is the water where we will be crossing?" Cornet arched a curious brow water was not friendly to those in heavy armor.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

"If it doesn't rain? Knee deep. If it rains? Waist deep."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Do we think it's going to rain?

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence check to predict the weather: (1d20+4)[19]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Mikoll laughs. It is not a pleasant sound.

"I don't think it will. Unless we piss off a druid, which could happen if say, we accidentally set the forest on fire, or pollute the river, or step on a flower. Theres a coven in the woods near the Mistdale if I recall."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rascine gives a laugh as well, trying not to appear as though Mikoll's chuckle caught him off guard.

"Well so long as we keep away from those pesky flowers, I think we'll be fine." In a fairly pleasant mood, Rascine asks around "So we've got a lot of time to kill. Anyone willing to break the ice with a story?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Elena smiles. "Well, I've got a few. Despite my upbringing, I had a few more common friends. I became very good friends with a common boy named Keith. This one time, he..." and she launches into a wide variety of tales about Keith's misadventures in the docks of the town where she had grown up.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

You've walked many miles and a forest looms not too far off. The sun has long since set and the moon brightly lights the night sky.

Mikoll halts at the base of a small hill.

"Alright, we're getting close to to the woods surrounding the lake. We'll push until we get there, and then sleep during the day. Tomorrow night, we'll make the river if all goes well."

"After we get to the-," Over the sound of Mikoll's voice, you hear what sounds like music. It appears to be coming from the other side of the hill.

Mikoll curses, loudly, which for him is slightly quieter than conversation volume.

"There aren't supposed to be people here. Elena, Cornet, and Skulga, wait here. Geld-as, Rascine, and Corak come with me." He unslings his bow from his back, and starts stealthily up the hill.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

G'eld-as loads a poisoned bolt in his crossbow before following.