New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Starship troopers, D&D style

Move to location K, -1 (Behind the wall and minions)

Casting Bless (All allies within 50 ft. +1 morale to attack rolls and against fear effects. 6 minutes duration. I should catch most everyone in that.
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2010-08-02 at 09:13 AM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tinydwarfman:

1 potential hit. Miss chance (1d100)[96]. The kobold hit by the first Warlock's Eldritch Spear (please state that it's an Eldritch Spear in the future) grunts in pain, but relentlessly advances.

Round 1:

The kobolds charge forward with full speed (full run), heedless of any damage that you may or may not do to them.

Just as you are bracing yourselves for the inevitable attack, you suddenly hear that humming noise again, and realize to your horror that another squadron of kobolds has just phased in.

Map:

Players, please state your actions.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-02 at 12:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

(From now on, since the only Invocation my warlocks know is Eldritch Spear, they will always be using Eldritch Spear.)

My Cohort will move on top of the Black Sand gate, and will ready a Steel Wind using Lunging Strike on any kobold that comes in the square right below him
    (He should have 20 base reach for being enlarged with a reach weapon, and then an extra 5 from lunging strike makes 25, enough to hit anything right below him)

I will direct my cultists to attack the kobolds on the left again, this time 2 to each kobold.
    [rolls]1d20+3[/roll] [rolls]1d20+3[/roll]
    (1d6)[1] (1d6)[6]

(1d6)[4] (1d6)[5]

(1d6)[1] (1d6)[1]

Last but not least, I will cast Wall of Smoke on the top right portal area, covering the entire area, and then some depending on my roll. (fort save or nausea) Caster level: (1d6)[1]

4. - Top - End - #34

F'd up the rolls.
    (1d20+3)[15] (1d20+3)[17] (touch)

(1d20+3)[17] (1d20+3)[15] (touch)

(1d20+3)[13] (1d20+3)[7] (touch)

Also, my wall covers 19 P-T, and 18 Q-S.
    Last edited by Tinydwarfman; 2010-08-02 at 01:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

:Ukiah would simply grab the thunderstones from my bag and start hurling them when the enemy gets close enough...along with alchemist fire..nothing like deaf people covered in fire as well.:

(Sorry for the delay)
    (They do not need AC as I am just hurling them on the armor or the ground..the splash effects and burst effects should effect alot of them. Think human catupult is what I am..and luckily these aren't magic so dispelling doesn't work)

Doing this when they are against the walls..

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I move behind Black Sand Gate. (to E, -1,)
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2010-08-02 at 01:35 PM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

Tinydwarfman:

Three of your minions still only see darkness (let's say the last 3 rolls). I'll rule that they can "interact" with the illusion as a move action, so make their Will saves, please.

Also, Lunging Strike requires BAB +6, which your cohort cannot possibly have, since he is level 5. Additionally, note that Lunging Strike takes a full round action, and cannot be readied or used in conjunction with a Martial Maneuver.

EDIT: Furthermore, Wall of Smoke is Close Range, which for you is 35 ft. You can't reach the Portal from where you are. Also, as a 7th level equivalent Sorcerer, you know 5 1st level spells. Right now, I'm counting 6 on your character sheet (Benign Transposition, Enlarge Person, Grease, Silent Image, True Strike, and Wall of Smoke). Please note the level of the spells (and preferably the source as well) on your character sheet.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-02 at 02:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Hmmm...that may be a problem..."I use my standard action to concentrate on the cloud of darkness and part it (move the darkness into adjacent squares) around the three minions who failed their saves, allowing them to see clearly. I will then take my move action to move to the right ten feet.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2010-08-02 at 02:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

I'll shoot at three kobolds to the right, the three in the K, L and M

Rapid shot

attack1 (1d20+10)[23] damage - base (1d10+4)[9] + plunging shot (1d6)[2] + flaming arrows (1d6)[2]

attack2 (1d20+10)[28] damage - base (1d10+4)[6] + plunging shot (1d6)[6] + flaming arrows (1d6)[2]

free action drop now empty first crossbow,

free action draw another crossbow

attack3 (1d20+5)[18] damage - base (1d10+4)[5] + plunging shot (1d6)[6] + flaming arrows (1d6)[3]

Hoping for some hits

10. - Top - End - #40

AssassinGuy

TIPOT: Congratulations, all three bolts in fact hit their targets, and kill their targets.

TIPOT kills: 3.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by ghostaxe View Post
    Tinydwarfman:

Three of your minions still only see darkness (let's say the last 3 rolls). I'll rule that they can "interact" with the illusion as a move action, so make their Will saves, please.

Also, Lunging Strike requires BAB +6, which your cohort cannot possibly have, since he is level 5. Additionally, note that Lunging Strike takes a full round action, and cannot be readied or used in conjunction with a Martial Maneuver.

EDIT: Furthermore, Wall of Smoke is Close Range, which for you is 35 ft. You can't reach the Portal from where you are. Also, as a 7th level equivalent Sorcerer, you know 5 1st level spells. Right now, I'm counting 6 on your character sheet (Benign Transposition, Enlarge Person, Grease, Silent Image, True Strike, and Wall of Smoke). Please note the level of the spells (and preferably the source as well) on your character sheet.
    Ah yes, (1d20+6)[14] (1d20+6)[23] (1d20+6)[18]

Gah, I knew I was going to futz somthing up on my character sheets. I was building him last minute, so I just did it from memory.

As to the spells, shouldn't I get an extra from CHA bonus? I am very stupid. My DM has used that house-rule since I started learning D&D, so I automatically did it. I'll ditch 2 spells.
    Also, I'll cast Wall of smoke in a different location, Here: Red = Smoke
    Last edited by Tinydwarfman; 2010-08-02 at 09:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

"Blast it ! They are still coming ! Ah well, what can you do..." Switching his wand into his right hand, Derek shoots a seeking ray from it at the Kobold that seems to be leading the charge. "Get lost pests, there is nothing here for you. The crystal is in another castle. The power of bull**** compels you !"

Ranged touch attack: (1d20+5)[20] at kobold in D7
    Damage: (4d6)[14]
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

13. - Top - End - #43

AssassinGuy

Bayar:

Your ray of electricity hits, but fortunately or unfortunately, the kobold dies before the ray has a chance to resonate to guide your next shot on him.

Bayar Kills: 5.

Tinydwarfman:
    Your minions manage to kill two of the kobolds to the left, and wound a third.

Tinydwarfman Kills: 2.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-03 at 09:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

AssassinGuy

Round 2:

Five of the kobolds dash through Wall of Smoke (DC 15, their mod is -1)

(5d20)[16][7][19][8][18](68), adjusted DC = 16. Two of the kobolds start to be a bit light headed, and starts hurling their breakfast (some strange bluish stew).

The second wave of kobolds charge forth with full runs as expected.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-03 at 09:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

AssassinGuy

The remaining kobolds of the first wave move forward, and start shooting.

1 shoots a Bayar. (1d20+2)[10] Damage (1d6)[1]

2 of them shoot at the wall, and their grappling hooks form a tight line, allowing them to try to scale the wall next round. (1d20+2)[13] (1d20+2)[14]

1 shoots at a minion. (1d20+2)[5] Damage (1d6)[2]

2 shoot at Doombringer. (1d20+2)[5] (1d20+2)[18] Damage (2d6)[1][5](6)

2 more shoot at the wall. (1d20+2)[11] (1d20+2)[13]

Other than the ones that were shooting at inanimate objects, all of the kobolds miss.

Map:

Players, state your actions.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-03 at 09:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

(1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[20]

One is alchemist fire the other thunderstone.

(Even with the negatives that is well over twenty each..so should hit.)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 2010-08-03 at 10:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

I move forward to E1, next to the F square.

Unless I have to stop to open the door, then I guess I do that.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

18. - Top - End - #48

AssassinGuy

Vizzerdrix: It'll be a full-round action to open the door (10ft section). So you can take a 5' step and fully open the door this round, or you can change your action.

Doombringer: The natural 20 automatically hits. For the other one: you rolled an 18, with your BAB(+5) and DEX (+2), that's 25. You're doing TWF without the TWF feat, so that's a (-8) to your attack roll. They're 4 range increments away (40 feet horizontal + 30 feet vertical = 50 feet total), so you take another (-8) to your roll, and your final attack roll is 9, hitting the square's AC of 5, but not the kobold's AC, so it's an indirect hit. The kobold takes 1 damage from the Alchemist's fire, but is not dead.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-03 at 01:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

AssassinGuy

Doombringer:

Kobold's Fort save: (1d20+2)[8] DC 15. The kobold is deafened.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-03 at 01:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: Where, precisely, are the staircases?

I'm going to drop the illusion; the threat to the crystal is somewhat greater than the threat to us. I'll move fifteen feet down the wall, and cast grease on the top half of square 0-S, with the other five feet going onto the wall (unless it is possible to make it a five by twenty surface, in which case I hit 0-S and 0-T on the wall).

21. - Top - End - #51

AssassinGuy

Stairs are the bottom half of row 0 (assume there's a stair or ladder leading up from each 10' section).

OK, you have Greased the wall at 0S and the 5' in front of the wall on 1S

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

I'll hold position in case any get overe the wall.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Okay so rapid shot full attack, attacking first the kobolds who have used there grappleing hooks, first shot at the one in column S, then in T, before finally the one in F. (If I miss with any attacks, I'll shoot the same target again to try to kill them)

attack 1 (1d20+10)[25] damage base (1d10+4)[12] + plunging shot (1d6)[5] + flame arrows (1d6)[2]

attack 2 (1d20+10)[16] damage base (1d10+4)[6] + plunging shot (1d6)[1] + flame arrows (1d6)[5]

attack 3 (1d20+5)[9] damage base (1d10+4)[5] + plunging shot (1d6)[6] + flame arrows (1d6)[2]

24. - Top - End - #54

AssassinGuy

TIPOT: Two hits and two kills. Total = 5.

25. - Top - End - #55

AssassinGuy

Round 3:

As the kobolds continue to charge forward, 2 of them walk straight into the pit trap.

(2d20)[11][17](28) DC = (20-2) Both fall to gruesome deaths at the bottom of the pit. Other kobolds seem to take notice that two of them companions apparently dropped into solid ground. (OOC: Who dug the pit again? Was it NM?)

One on the left walks straight into the black sand. Damage (1d4)[4] The kobold is injured by the sand, but continues onwards.

The ones that survived the feat start scaling the wall.

The second wave continues forth, and all of them fire their grappling hook bolts at various points of the wall.

(20d20)[15][19][3][1][1][4][19][16][8][5][19][11][4][11][12][18][18][17][17][8](226) AC = (5-2) 2 of them manage to miss the wall.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-04 at 10:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

AssassinGuy

4 more kobolds pass through the wall of smoke:

Will: (4d20)[11][5][17][9](42) DC (15+1) 3 of them are nauseated

2 kobolds get to start climbing:

Climb: (2d20)[13][19](32) DC (15-4). Both of them make it 15' up onto the wall.

Map:

Players please state your actions.
    Last edited by ghostaxe; 2010-08-04 at 10:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

WolfInSheepsClothing

That would be my 200 foot pit trap, yes. I'm going to take a full round action and prepare wind wall. I'll then take a five foot step going down the stairs (provided that I still have line of effect to the crystal, if I won't, then I'll five-foot step into O-0).
    Last edited by NM020110; 2010-08-04 at 10:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Wait, did I miss my turn? I was still waiting for your answer on the Awl Pike, so I didn't post yet. I was going to tell 3 pair of minions to fire at the ones who had grappled the wall, and I was going to cast Snake's Swiftness, giving everyone one extra melee or ranged attack, in which my cohorts would again attack as pairs.

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

Oops, sorry. Bayar and Tinydwarfman, please state your actions for the last round, and I will revise.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Derek is going to summon a Rat swarm Directly below him, and as far away from the wall as possible. Full round action, the appear right before my next turn. Hopefully they will run to the kobolds in front of them and decide to ignore all the other things on the walls. "Come forth, my minions, come forth and feast upon their FLESH !"

On my next turn I']]Derek will attempt to sneak attack the nearest kobold climbing the wall, with an acid splash, since he should lose his bonus DEX to AC and qualify.

Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d3)[1]+(2d6)[3]

Will finish by drawing a dagger in my left hand.

Edit: "I cannot belive this ish !"
    Last edited by Bayar; 2010-08-04 at 11:53 AM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars