New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 11

Here's what they do: They offer Mortal Worlders who aren't Quincies (and I am pretty sure we've all seen how friendly Quincies are to other spiritual beings) an organization to align with for their spiritual needs. It'll allow plot. And all that.

It's the same reason for the Samsara, and for my faction, SWORD. Allowing more plot, and options. Granted, I take this with bias because the Enclave and SWORD are different sides of the same coin.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Well, they could align with Soul Society or Hueco Mundo. Also, there's each other. The "Mediums" really are, in their own way, their own faction with their own interests totally separate from SS and HM.

The Samsara are grounded in something Bleach-related, specifically the first Movie. They are a twist, but so is, you know, our Soul Society and Hueco Mundo. S.W.O.R.D., to me, felt like it had more meaning because it felt like something that would have existed but that we just never would have seen. They are much more of a shadow organization, at least in the way I read it. They would manipulate from behind the scenes, not showing themselves unless they truly felt the need. The Enclave aren't like this, at least to me. There's also the fact that, thus far, I haven't really seen what they are trying to do besides be what the Shinigami already are, except operated by Mortal Worlders.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

How would they align with Soul Society? I mean, it's not like the Shinigami have outposts in the Mortal World or something. It'd be really hard to communicate with them and so forth.

Beyond that, it's not like the Shinigami could, or would, train them or any such thing.

And while banding together is all well and good...pretty much all the MW characters are inexperienced. The Enclave provides a more formalized support structure that doesn't have dark motives and plans. Really, the Enclave is kind of a "sub-faction" of the "Mediums" faction.

I mean, we have a whole bunch of Divisions in the Gotei, don't we? We pretty much invented 9/10 of the duties for them wholesale. Shoot, it was part of the requirement to be a valid Captain!

Also keep in mind, it was insisted (loudly) that Soul Society not be a perfect shiny happy place, and that they can't protect every single soul. So why can't mortals band together, having decided this "Soul Society" sucks.

Actually, this is all kind of a meta concern. You know why?

Because the Enclave is from Europe. Which means that we can't really speak to the situation, in-universe, that birthed their group. We just know they were European, and died out in the mid 1800s, barring the time-tossed people.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, well alright then.

The other big question is, obviously, who's running them now? As it's been said, no one appears to be capable of running them.

Also...are the Enclave really suited to be training Mortal Worlders? I don't know whether they would be experienced with powers that aren't similar to theirs in the same way that, say, Urahara and Yoruichi seem to be.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Oh, well alright then.

The other big question is, obviously, who's running them now? As it's been said, no one appears to be capable of running them.

Also...are the Enclave really suited to be training Mortal Worlders? I don't know whether they would be experienced with powers that aren't similar to theirs in the same way that, say, Urahara and Yoruichi seem to be.
    Not all training is about powers. They'd also have knowledge on tactics. And frankly, those tactics would likely be more up to date and applicable for a small group of disparate mortals than the Shinigami tactics.

I mean, assuming people actually bother to listen to the 8th, most of those plans revolve around larger scale conflicts. The smaller scale stuff always carries the contingency of "call for more backup".

The Enclave can't do that, so they would have to work differently.

Plus, they could equip the kids with gear to cover the shortcomings in their various powers (which are typically very focused and 1.5 dimensional).

That said...this might be academic. With both Zarah and Edge having withdrawn from the Enclave, I'm of the mind that says we might need to shift how the faction enters the game. Their time might be shorter than originally planned, and have a much more focused end result.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like the "training" presence is more useful as something that's always available. I mean, if they are to serve a purpose such as that, they should be more active and important the "quick end" idea seems to make them.

If I find that I have the time, I'd be willing to help push the Enclave in the direction of being a more constant Mortal World presence, if that's what we want.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

Randomly, on the earlier topic of Doll Fusions, I came up with a few abilities for Vi's, should she ever achieve it.

Doll Fusion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Viatrix's doll fusion with Schwerkraftfuchs, her entire form becomes indistinct, covered in a silvery metal sheen. A large tail protrudes from her rear, with longswords which glow with various colored runes nestled therein, and a pair of fox ears stick up from the top of her head. Her hands end in claws, which can be used for impromptu slashing attacks.

Weight Manipulation: Viatrix can freely manipulate her mass, as well as those she touches, as her doll's normal ability.

Ruby Blades: These pair of blades repulse foes with the power of gravity, sending them flying upon impact.

Aquamarine Blades: These pair of blades imbue an attracting force to Viatrix, making it harder for the those struck to run away. The effect lasts for around a minute if not struck again.

Emerald Blades: These pair of blades imbue a polar opposite force to the Aquamarine blades, making it harder for foes to approach Viatrix. The effect lasts for around a minute.

Garnet Blades: These pair of blades give the target a gravitational pull, making close objects be pulled into them, possibly causing damage & making it harder to move. The effect lasts for around a minute, if not struck again.

Graviton Blade: By combining all 8 of the blades, Viatrix can wield this oversized zweihander (around 9 feet long), condensing and dispersing gravity as a solid force to use as energy attacks.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-08-23 at 10:47 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

There were plans for the Enclave to tie in with Hogyoku and Kujo's plots, but I don't know how much of those things still stand.

However, the Enclave would serve a purpose in creating contrast for how people from different place and time view the Hollows, and they're in some ways, much more relatable for the Mediums than the Shinigami, like KD said.

Currently, I'd say we don't have to argue about the Enclave all that much. I'd say it's the task of Enclave players to find a way how to tie them in with the greater whole. Since they've yet to be introduced to the game in anyway, it's not a big fuss if no such way is found - we can just keep them in the reserve, so to speak, and not introduce them.

I still think we could somehow tie them to the legend of Quincies, or maybe the Bount. I'm also still interested in Serena Dacre as a potential plot device. Zarah, since you had some plans for Enclave, could you send them to us potential Enclave players, so we can see what to do with them?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ...Still. I mean, it's kind of like Bount Bankai. I guess that means Ayase's "upper limit" is lower than some.
    Bankai and equivalents supposedly increase the wielder's power 5 to 10 times, but it's always in relation to how powerful the wielder was before.

In this case, we have a level 1 commoner and a housecat, turning into something like a level 2 shifter warrior. While it might be questionable whether this development was necessary, it hardly breaks the game.

Basically, this just means Ayase can't rely on future power-ups to stay afloat - she has to increase her power by four, old but proven methods called train, train, train and train.

(This post doesn't serve any real purpose. I just really, really wanted to spout out the D&D analogy for Ayase's transformation.)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm... I'm debating making a throwaway character for the Samsara, what do people think about an insanity-inducing gaze with lesser/greater potency depending on the presence, absence, or phase of the moon?

Lesser effects in mind: Colors are mixed around, sense of direction is reversed, minor visual/audible hallucinations...
    Major effects: Depend on the victim, but anything from thinking they're a duck to violent random outbursts.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-08-23 at 11:06 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Bankai and equivalents supposedly increase the wielder's power 5 to 10 times, but it's always in relation to how powerful the wielder was before.

In this case, we have a level 1 commoner and a housecat, turning into something like a level 2 shifter warrior. While it might be questionable whether this development was necessary, it hardly breaks the game.

Basically, this just means Ayase can't rely on future power-ups to stay afloat - she has to increase her power by four, old but proven methods called train, train, train and train.

(This post doesn't serve any real purpose. I just really, really wanted to spout out the D&D analogy for Ayase's transformation.)
    I second this. While Ayase might find that her training is more fruitful if she trains her 'human' form (and any increases use it as a base), there's probably a very hard limit of how much she can accomplish without said fusion. Same goes for her kitten.

EDIT: Also, I've got this idea floating in my head for a Bount... basically a lawyer that uses the spirit's account of events to clear his clients of murder accusations. He could dig up information no one else could, find murder weapons more easily, etc..

I figured I could make him something of a Phoenix Wright expy if Wright happened to be a vampire.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-08-23 at 11:10 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Hmmm... I'm debating making a throwaway character for the Samsara, what do people think about an insanity-inducing gaze with lesser/greater potency depending on the presence, absence, or phase of the moon?

Lesser effects in mind: Colors are mixed around, sense of direction is reversed, minor visual/audible hallucinations...
    Major effects: Depend on the victim, but anything from thinking they're a duck to violent random outbursts.
    I think it sounds suspiciously like a certain lunar rabbit. I don't understand what relation it has with Samsara?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I think it sounds suspiciously like a certain lunar rabbit. I don't understand what relation it has with Samsara?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT, I'M TOTALLY NOT MAKING ANOTHER TOUHOU REFERENCE.
    Crap, she found my inspiration! Quick escape, quick escape...

...As far as the relation, it's pretty much just the character's proposed powerset, I can fit him/her in with the Samsara from there.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

It is such an inspiration I think.

I ask of power, because Samsara get their power by using [Blanks]. So an eye power does not seem like it would work. Also to think "why moon?" to have relation to Samsara. It does not seem like Samsara character I think.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-23 at 11:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    It is such an inspiration I think.

I ask of power, because Samsara get their power by using [Blanks]. So an eye power does not seem like it would work. Also to think "why moon?" to have relation to Samsara. It does not seem like Samsara character I think.
    I guess that's a fair point. >_>
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

And I have revealed how Ayase can keep going without biting people in the neck. Through the power of LOVE AND JUSTICE! Or not.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    And I have revealed how Ayase can keep going without biting people in the neck. Through the power of LOVE AND JUSTICE! Or not.
    Reishi Cola like all the other bount?

As long as we're making expys, how would everyone feel about a pink haired girl that beats massive monsters in the head with a bass guitar?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Looked more like "highly explosive violence" to me.
    That, and like riccaru says, reishi cola.

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post

As long as we're making expys, how would everyone feel about a pink haired girl that beats massive monsters in the head with a bass guitar?
    Um...I'd rather not. Don't you have a lot of characters anyways?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Well sure, she can do that, but this way she gets to cheat Vi out of money.

Same thing, really.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-23 at 01:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

That, and like riccaru says, reishi cola.

Um...I'd rather not. Don't you have a lot of characters anyways?
    Your lack of faith disturbs me. . I don't have any more than others. I wasn't aware of a limit either. Also note, that was in every way, a joke. I do not intend to create a Haruko expy in this game. At this time I intend to make no more characters. But that's subject t change.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Your lack of faith disturbs me. . I don't have any more than others. I wasn't aware of a limit either. Also note, that was in every way, a joke. I do not intend to create a Haruko expy in this game. At this time I intend to make no more characters. But that's subject t change.
    No, no limit. Just that you do have a lot. More a concern of some getting forgotten at critical moments or something.

And considering your question came on the heels of understanding that Prime mad a Vampiric Feline Magical Teenage Girl, I took it as a serious request.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Well sure, she can do that, but this way she gets to cheat Vi out of money.
    Well, I know that Armin has chosen the "become a contract killer" route of getting his reishi fix, so that's always an option.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Well, I know that Armin has chosen the "become a contract killer" route of getting his reishi fix, so that's always an option.
    I'm still up for having Kaito's folks be a target. PM me if you want to brainstorm on it further.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Um...NC? tgva?

While, yes, the electricity cutting out makes it darker, it's nothing close to pitch black in the school yet.

1.)There are emergency lights. There would pretty much have to be, in case of a fire or storm.
    2.)It is neither night time, nor in the middle of a heavy storm. Thus, there is sunlight. Coming through the windows.

So...yeah. I mean, it'd be a bit easier to sneak around, but they'd be able to see their way around, and they could definitely spot the occupants of the classroom.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Bugbear in the Playground

ALRIGHT!

I came back. What happened?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    ALRIGHT!

I came back. What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The ghost of the school's janitor got eaten by a Hollow.

Electricty of the school went out.

Janitor returned, also as a Hollow, and is lurking in the basement / within the walls / whatever, in preparation for the event you saw a dream of so long ago.

Teachers are wondering what to do about it.

Several hours (?) later, events of Episode 3 begin elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    1. Gralster hollowfied Souta.
    2. Souta (we shall refer to him as Angry Janitor) appeared in the basement of the school as a Hollow.
    3. Angry Janitor caused the lights to go out.
    4. Beck, in her nosy glory, went to the basement, where she met her doom the Queen of Hollows the principal.
    5. Beck was sent crying back to her class.
    6. Kaito gained powers.
    7. Michiko followed Sayaka into the nurse office.
    8. I think that is it.
    To add to this:
    Sayaka, Michiko, Kaito, Nakahiro, Valeria, Hasunaga are all at the nurse's office. Hibiki will be there soon.

Hibiki gave Class 1-2 some reading assignments and such. Kina and Ken just tried to sneak back in, but were likely unsuccessful in the end, as it's likely not really that dark at midday in a school that almost assuredly has security lights.

That's the MW, at least.

In Episode 3, Hollows have popped up, but the Teams are about to deal with them. Auset (spelling? eh, whatever) is wandering about, but is apparently going to be fighting Yui/Elder.

Hueco Mundo: Bets are being made after Sereg introduced a huge Adjuchas to the arean. Vicente has entered the betting.

Other things are happening, but I'm sure you can catch up on them soon enough.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-08-23 at 07:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kay, Karite'll pop in around "Wild ELDER appears!"

Because a Hollow of that level is definitely going to set off some alarms.

Sora'll go find the Angry Janitor.

Why?

Because he feels guilty.

Why?

Because he didn't convince Souta to stay away.

Why?

Because he's actually a relatively nice person.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #539

Episode 3, not 4. Also of note, the Soul Society has completely died. Someone post there please... If not guess I will.

Edit: I thought Karite was going to be fighting Auset? When the higher characters come in (Karite and Akio) Karite will take one, and Akio will fight the other, and since Karite is a higher sea, he'll decide the fights.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-08-23 at 07:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Kay, Karite'll pop in around "Wild ELDER appears!"

Because a Hollow of that level is definitely going to set off some alarms.

Sora'll go find the Angry Janitor.

Why?

Because he feels guilty.

Why?

Because he didn't convince Souta to stay away.

Why?

Because he's actually a relatively nice person.
    That's all well and good, but a.)he can't send him on to Soul Society or anything, and b.)that's moving too quickly. Angry Janitor is there for group plots. Please don't throw a wrench in the gears. Besides, you wouldn't want Principal Renee mad at you, now would you?

Episode 3, not 4. Also of note, the Soul Society has completely died. Someone post there please... If not guess I will.
    Um...What's supposed to happen?

I mean, there's some stuff with the KC going on in the background, but...yeah, that's kind of getting sorted out.

Beyond that, most of the lower-power SS PCs are in Ep 3. The Captains can only do so much, you know.