New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 11

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Nathan knows history, western religion, and the art of enchanting artifacts so that they may be used to channel the spiritual energies of the user into ULTIMATE POWER.

Ok. Maybe not ultimate, but NIFTY POWER.
    Unlimited power is much better anyway.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    A storm might be a reason to still be in the building. I mean, it'd probably be safer to be inside during, say, a nearby thunderstorm than it would be to be outside. I mean, I don't think there's much reason to have them there unless we create one at this point. Especially since we've created a great reason why they shouldn't be there.
    Only possible issue is timing. I think the storm was just starting to roll in in Episode 3, which is set later in the afternoon. Hm. Maybe it was 2 storm fronts? 1 now, that rolls in really quick (I've seen it happen), and then 1 later for the Episode 3 context?

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Fair cop; still not really general information about the metaphysics of the setting, though, but a specialized set of info that could be useful to some, but not something that would detract from Sayaka's role as the guide to the workings of the spirit world.
    Just so.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Only possible issue is timing. I think the storm was just starting to roll in in Episode 3, which is set later in the afternoon. Hm. Maybe it was 2 storm fronts? 1 now, that rolls in really quick (I've seen it happen), and then 1 later for the Episode 3 context?

Just so.
    Quite simply, before the storm hits, Yoko will bring Sora back inside, and Angry JAnitor can lock the doors using his powers. They'd be forced to stay there until we were ready. Yoko will start telling ghost stories, if no one else does, and it'll generally be creepy for all of them! BWAHAHAHA. Get the teachers out before that happens and it's even better.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Two items of business.

Item the First: Okay. We've kind of hit Step One in our big plot, but things are already somewhat...off the rails.

Originally, I think the idea was the various students would stay behind into the evening to help clean, or set up for a festival, or something. I think a "Trial of Guts" was involved. Part of the atmosphere that Kasanip had proposed was a sort of "ghost story".

For various reasons, things aren't shaping up quite like that.

Now, I don't think we should ram and railroad things back down the path. Instead, we need to think of some new reason for the kids, just the spiritually empowered kids, to be on the school campus late in the afternoon. Perhaps right as the storm mentioned in Episode 3 is rolling in? That gives us a "ghost story" vibe.

But we need a good, believable reason for them to be there. I don't have an idea yet. But I'm hoping others will.

Item the Second: It has been brought to my attention that there is danger of overlap and spotlight stealing between Sayaka and the Shrine and the Enclave, specifically in the area of "training the mortal kids".

So, I propose we merge the two. This helps both the Enclave and the Shrine.

For the Shrine, it brings in more physical labor assistance, easing the burden on Sayaka and her father. Though we probably ought to relegate the Enclave to things like dusting, raking, etc. Europeans, you know.
    As well, it gives the Shrine more in-house trainers, and the potential to help drive away some sort of attack on the grounds. They can provide instruction on physical combat, help "gear up" some of the kids (if the players so wish it), and help Sayaka focus on handling some of the more general training and spirit information.

For the Enclave, it gives them a desperately needed base of operations and support structure. It also gives them a place to stay while they acclimate to this rather radically different place and time. OOC, it lets us field the Enclave even with the notably reduced roster.

Of course, this course of action is first dependent on Kasanip agreeing, and then also on a majority of the other Enclave players agreeing. But this might be our chance to give the Enclave a bit more of a showing.

Maybe to write this post was a strong suggestion of KnightDisciple to explain my thoughts since it is difficult for me to tell them in ooc often and more to write of msn messenger. I am sorry now for mistakes of this amateurish writing. Please skip if you do not want to read it.
    m(_ _)m

Spoiler
    Show

The danger of 'overlap' and 'spotlight stealing' between Sayaka and the Shrine and other groups/characters has been one for several months of planning.

When I made Sayaka it was at a time with only a few mortal characters, no bount and two quincy. Actually on Spring Vacation I thought of making Quincy character, but with strong disagreement of the way the community wants to play them (to discover this after returning), I decided not to do such a thing.

To make a character then who is a 'step' for others was my thought. I like to make support characters. Maybe it is only kind of character I can play. So of this 'step' my thought was 'Mortal World Characters' must learn about Soul Society. But to be a cliche thought of instant shinigami meeting and telling (like Rukia). Of course, as such a time, Substitute Shinigami character would have this kind of relationship, but Sayaka was to help the others, but to knowing that of course they would surpass her and become involved with Soul Society matters and only occassionally interact with her in a neutral point where she may help them.

Of course it is not her to tell of 'Soul Society' (she knows very little of this), but to explain "Spiritual Situation of Mortal World" so they can find their 'place' after such a revealing. In a such a way, similar to maybe first comic story of Bleach.

Of course because thought was "Substitute Shinigami and Quincy Characters may have their training" it was to mean Sayaka and Haruyuki would be helpful for mortal world character, and to provide a safe place for them to organize.

It is selfish of me to think Sayaka and her father should be only character who can teach about spiritual world and 'training of mortal kids.' I know this but to hope by making this character it would be some effect to reduce number of new characters of this type.

After to present an idea from a dream of 'fun scene' of game opening (to be a different style of 'game opening'), it seemed many people liked this idea and I was happy. But after this many new characters came- Bount, Shinigami Exile, Quincy, Hollow character. Some villains took over school, and then to escalate with opposing teacher to make a balance of this.

So of Sayaka who was first only character who could already see spiritual things, now there was huge presence of evil and conflict, so I adjusted to say she often misses school for this reason.
    a) to avoid the constant stress and tension it must be
    i) for me to avoid such an uncomfortable situation

To be later of more characters coming, now there were more already having spiritual ability of sight, and then a new Cafe for meeting area, and then more 'mentor characters.' So I thought it was ok. I cannot be selfish to say Sayaka should be only one of 'mentor' position, but to think her position was still unique in her role.

Next was creation of 'Michiko Plot' which sounded interesting, but the thought was to make my idea wait. I thought it was ok, but to not be able to play Sayaka then, because of her skill and to be undramatic story. So because knowing I cannot play Sayaka for some time, I wanted to make partner character (because of having Tsukiha and Yori relationship was very much fun). So it was the creation of Erima for Purple Rose's Takara.

After 4 months it is now many mortal world characters (too many, so I canceled animation project and sketch comic) and many different teacher and mentor characters. To my thought it is that of course character maybe gives 'Bount perspective' or 'Quincy perspective' or 'shinigami perspective' but maybe just for Sayaka it is 'neutral perspective' so character may decide of their choices.

Of course, now it is not anything like my thought of how 'plot' would happen, with easily seeing in daytime, easily seen monster and ghost, and overbearing teachers to continue interrupt students. So maybe it isn't Sayaka's plot any more, I think. There is not tension at all like I wanted to make. Of course many problems with my idea, since being of different time and posting speed, I cannot control the plot like I wanted, but instead it is villain characters who control it. I don't think it will be accomplished feeling because of teachers and Principal's 'master plan scheme' which was said to be purpose. I had thought single hollow because it is not instant evil and good fighting like now (so no room for neutral perspective or explaining).

Of course we must be 'adapting' but I think to look above many times I have thought and agreed of changes or let them happen without complaining.

My question often is "Now what is Sayaka's role?" Already some other mortal world students have spiritual world knowledge (other than not shinigami substitute or quincy character), so it is not a dramatic or story moment for Sayaka to make such an explanation. What else is her role but to use the shrine aspect of my thought of her.

To understand this, it is my reason why I say I disagree very much with idea of Enclave to come to Shrine. To have a few reasons:

a) I don't like Enclave. I always think they are very different philosophy and not fitting in Bleach world dynamic and certainly very much not appropriate with Sayaka or the Shrine's Neutral stance. I thought silently for long time that it would be a strong opposition to Enclave, being Foreign Time Invaders and disrupting spiritual nature.

i) To put Enclave in the Shrine takes away rest of Sayaka's small character. If Enclave is to take the Shrine, then Sayaka and her father will be surpassed and have no role. Because Shrine was supposed to be Neutral, now being hijacked by Enclave it is not, so my vision of it is destroyed.

u) Of previous idea was a Vael character Shinigami Exile, which was one character but which there was my disagreement of assuming this same role. Very respectful and kindly, we made an agreement so that they would not have a conflict, but I don't see this case with Enclave because one person to hide from danger is much different than big number.

e) I don't understand Enclave's role in this game. To look at this thread recently, it seems it is a common question of 'what do they do for this?' So it seems a move like this is to preserve Enclave faction by doing one thing: give a role of training and aiding mortal world characters, and to fight hollows.

o)"Physical Labor Assistance" is Sayaka's job.
    "in-house trainer" I think I talked about very much in this post already.
    "help drive away some sort of attack" would only happen because of Enclave's presence. Being a neutral ground of no-entry to evil and hollows, it is not a danger. If there is a plot of this, no one has told me anything which is a troubling thought for me.

So it is my opinion of such a topic. If community thinks it is a good idea, then I will agree and try to play anyway because no desiring of arguments of ooc.

I am sorry for such a post. To write for so long on this, I won't write IC response today because I am tired of english writing. It is troublesome to write such a thing and of confrontation I don't like it.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-08-24 at 04:31 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    A storm might be a reason to still be in the building. I mean, it'd probably be safer to be inside during, say, a nearby thunderstorm than it would be to be outside. I mean, I don't think there's much reason to have them there unless we create one at this point. Especially since we've created a great reason why they shouldn't be there.
    The thunderstorm should work if the spiritually capable students are delayed for whatever reasons. As far as the students in the nurse's office go, it's a simple matter of tending to their various degrees of queasiness.

Of course, unless an actual nurse pops up, Hasunaga will be doing the nursing, but I can have him leave just before the thunderstorm hits, or have him knocked out during the confusion of the events. After all, he's not particularly quick on his feet if he doesn't have any Reiatsu released.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Maybe to write this post was a strong suggestion of KnightDisciple to explain my thoughts since it is difficult for me to tell them in ooc often and more to write of msn messenger. I am sorry now for mistakes of this amateurish writing. Please skip if you do not want to read it.
    m(_ _)m

Spoiler
    Show

The danger of 'overlap' and 'spotlight stealing' between Sayaka and the Shrine and other groups/characters has been one for several months of planning.

When I made Sayaka it was at a time with only a few mortal characters, no bount and two quincy. Actually on Spring Vacation I thought of making Quincy character, but with strong disagreement of the way the community wants to play them (to discover this after returning), I decided not to do such a thing.

To make a character then who is a 'step' for others was my thought. I like to make support characters. Maybe it is only kind of character I can play. So of this 'step' my thought was 'Mortal World Characters' must learn about Soul Society. But to be a cliche thought of instant shinigami meeting and telling (like Rukia). Of course, as such a time, Substitute Shinigami character would have this kind of relationship, but Sayaka was to help the others, but to knowing that of course they would surpass her and become involved with Soul Society matters and only occassionally interact with her in a neutral point where she may help them.

Of course it is not her to tell of 'Soul Society' (she knows very little of this), but to explain "Spiritual Situation of Mortal World" so they can find their 'place' after such a revealing. In a such a way, similar to maybe first comic story of Bleach.

Of course because thought was "Substitute Shinigami and Quincy Characters may have their training" it was to mean Sayaka and Haruyuki would be helpful for mortal world character, and to provide a safe place for them to organize.

It is selfish of me to think Sayaka and her father should be only character who can teach about spiritual world and 'training of mortal kids.' I know this but to hope by making this character it would be some effect to reduce number of new characters of this type.

After to present an idea from a dream of 'fun scene' of game opening (to be a different style of 'game opening'), it seemed many people liked this idea and I was happy. But after this many new characters came- Bount, Shinigami Exile, Quincy, Hollow character. Some villains took over school, and then to escalate with opposing teacher to make a balance of this.

So of Sayaka who was first only character who could already see spiritual things, now there was huge presence of evil and conflict, so I adjusted to say she often misses school for this reason.
    a) to avoid the constant stress and tension it must be
    i) for me to avoid such an uncomfortable situation

To be later of more characters coming, now there were more already having spiritual ability of sight, and then a new Cafe for meeting area, and then more 'mentor characters.' So I thought it was ok. I cannot be selfish to say Sayaka should be only one of 'mentor' position, but to think her position was still unique in her role.

Next was creation of 'Michiko Plot' which sounded interesting, but the thought was to make my idea wait. I thought it was ok, but to not be able to play Sayaka then, because of her skill and to be undramatic story. So because knowing I cannot play Sayaka for some time, I wanted to make partner character (because of having Tsukiha and Yori relationship was very much fun). So it was the creation of Erima for Purple Rose's Takara.

After 4 months it is now many mortal world characters (too many, so I canceled animation project and sketch comic) and many different teacher and mentor characters. To my thought it is that of course character maybe gives 'Bount perspective' or 'Quincy perspective' or 'shinigami perspective' but maybe just for Sayaka it is 'neutral perspective' so character may decide of their choices.

Of course, now it is not anything like my thought of how 'plot' would happen, with easily seeing in daytime, easily seen monster and ghost, and overbearing teachers to continue interrupt students. So maybe it isn't Sayaka's plot any more, I think. There is not tension at all like I wanted to make. Of course many problems with my idea, since being of different time and posting speed, I cannot control the plot like I wanted, but instead it is villain characters who control it. I don't think it will be accomplished feeling because of teachers and Principal's 'master plan scheme' which was said to be purpose. I had thought single hollow because it is not instant evil and good fighting like now (so no room for neutral perspective or explaining).

Of course we must be 'adapting' but I think to look above many times I have thought and agreed of changes or let them happen without complaining.

My question often is "Now what is Sayaka's role?" Already some other mortal world students have spiritual world knowledge (other than not shinigami substitute or quincy character), so it is not a dramatic or story moment for Sayaka to make such an explanation. What else is her role but to use the shrine aspect of my thought of her.

To understand this, it is my reason why I say I disagree very much with idea of Enclave to come to Shrine. To have a few reasons:

a) I don't like Enclave. I always think they are very different philosophy and not fitting in Bleach world dynamic and certainly very much not appropriate with Sayaka or the Shrine's Neutral stance. I thought silently for long time that it would be a strong opposition to Enclave, being Foreign Time Invaders and disrupting spiritual nature.

i) To put Enclave in the Shrine takes away rest of Sayaka's small character. If Enclave is to take the Shrine, then Sayaka and her father will be surpassed and have no role. Because Shrine was supposed to be Neutral, now being hijacked by Enclave it is not, so my vision of it is destroyed.

u) Of previous idea was a Vael character Shinigami Exile, which was one character but which there was my disagreement of assuming this same role. Very respectful and kindly, we made an agreement so that they would not have a conflict, but I don't see this case with Enclave because one person to hide from danger is much different than big number.

e) I don't understand Enclave's role in this game. To look at this thread recently, it seems it is a common question of 'what do they do for this?' So it seems a move like this is to preserve Enclave faction by doing one thing: give a role of training and aiding mortal world characters, and to fight hollows.

o)"Physical Labor Assistance" is Sayaka's job.
    "in-house trainer" I think I talked about very much in this post already.
    "help drive away some sort of attack" would only happen because of Enclave's presence. Being a neutral ground of no-entry to evil and hollows, it is not a danger. If there is a plot of this, no one has told me anything which is a troubling thought for me.

So it is my opinion of such a topic. If community thinks it is a good idea, then I will agree and try to play anyway because no desiring of arguments of ooc.

I am sorry for such a post. To write for so long on this, I won't write IC response today because I am tired of english writing. It is troublesome to write such a thing and of confrontation I don't like it.
    Please do not apologize for standing up for your own desires. I confess that I'd forgotten entirely about the deal with Vael's character, and the importance of the Shrine's neutrality. Everything we were considering was contingent upon it being acceptable to you, since it's your character, and your location that we would be allying the Enclave with. Since this is not acceptable, the petition can be withdrawn, and a new way for the Enclave to be connected to the plot of the game can be devised, should we decide to keep the faction.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Please do not apologize for standing up for your own desires. I confess that I'd forgotten entirely about the deal with Vael's character, and the importance of the Shrine's neutrality. Everything we were considering was contingent upon it being acceptable to you, since it's your character, and your location that we would be allying the Enclave with. Since this is not acceptable, the petition can be withdrawn, and a new way for the Enclave to be connected to the plot of the game can be devised, should we decide to keep the faction.
    I agree. This was not at all a demand, it was a question and a request.

You've asked that it not happen, so it won't. The merge, at least.

I do think the Enclave can provide some fresh perspectives, in many ways. As well, my understanding is that a couple of people have some level of plot that is kind of dependent on them, at least to some degree. Even if their role and presence ends up more limited, I think it will still happen.

As for the issue of the feel of the school encounter...I'm not sure what to say. I mean, maybe if stronger issue had been raised before on having so many teachers, but...I mean, now, they're there. It seems like we just have to try to salvage what we can, but I'm not sure how to do that to help you out, Kasanip.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe the principal asks the teachers not to get involved? That would require her to reveal that she's spiritually aware though.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Maybe the principal asks the teachers not to get involved? That would require her to reveal that she's spiritually aware though.
    Hm.

Before we really settle on the How, we need to determine the What.

In this case: What kids still need Sayaka's guidance? As in, who don't really know about this whole "spiritual world" thing?

Offhand, here's a list from my memory: Kaito, Valeria, Nakahiro, Ken, Michiko, Yuudai (if he's a.)still being played, and b.)supposed to take part in this and gain powers). Probably Takara and Eri. Possibly Kina, at least due to her comparatively lower power.

Now, here are some kids that should be kept separate: Sora, Aki, Beck. They all have enough skill, power, and knowledge to kind of ruin Sayaka's role in things.

So, we have 3 groups that need to leave the school, or be isolated away from the rest. The un-aware kids, the teachers, and the notably aware kids.

Then, once that happens, the remaining group can stand together, awaken powers, and just generally fight the Angry Janitor.

Maybe Gralster can keep Sora, Aki, and Beck busy, and Renee can do something to keep the teachers occupied?

Edit: Bother. Sorry about that, Prime. Forgot Ayase. I'd say she goes in the first group; she's aware of her own powers, but not the greater picture of things.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-08-24 at 09:46 AM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    ... I'd appreciate if you did not use a first name basis with me to validate your point.*"[/COLOR]

Spoiler
    Show
    *It is customary when addressing one's teacher in Japan to use his last name plus -san or either name plus -sensei to demonstrate respect. Using his first name plus -san isn't itself a sign of disrespect, but it shows a little bit of intimacy which Michiko doesn't have.

Of course, Hasunaga is more upset at the fact she turned to him for supporting her point than the "disrespectfulness" of the act, so he's basically exaggerating a bit.

As far as addressing each other as students though, it's often not a problem to use first name plus -san.
    Actually this is moreso a mistake on my part then on Michiko's. >.> I thought Hasunaga was his last name since you kept referring to him as Professor Hasunaga (which, at least in my town/city has always been/meant Professor 'Last Name')

She was actually attempting to call him by his last name. x.x I can change it, but I'm not sure how'd that affect your post. Thoughts Kuro?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai (if he's a.)still being played, and b.)supposed to take part in this and gain powers)
    Yuudai is still being played. But he will not be gaining powers until later, if at all.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Yuudai is still being played. But he will not be gaining powers until later, if at all.
    Do you wish him to be part of the group that stays in the school?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe so, if I am understanding things correctly. Though he will not be fighting any possible threats (Or rather, he won't be fighting any possible threats with any sort of skill or success)
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-08-24 at 09:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    I believe so, if I am understanding things correctly. Though he will not be fighting any possible threats (Or rather, he won't be fighting any possible threats with any sort of skill or success)
    I believe the intent is as much to inform as it is to fight. I'm simply trying to help you get chances to actually, you know, roleplay here.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hello. I want you, mr. Shinigami, Bount and two mediums to stay out of this for a while. Yes, I want the four of you to do nothing while the students fight a potentially dangerous monster with homicidal and cannibalistic tendencies. No, I don't have a good explanation for that. No, I don't have a good explanation for why I can see spirits but show no reiatsu either. And you and the students should really get your paranoia levels down, you all act like I am secretly an elephant sized arthropod monster that periodically releases clutches of hundreds of mind controlling creeps."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Great sarcasm Draken.

Do you have any actual ideas on how to get the teachers isolated, though? Even doors would only work for so long.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Could we still go ahead with "students stay behind after hours"? If the powercut was only temporary, I mean.

Also, what's Shade's av?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-24 at 10:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Could we still go ahead with "students stay behind after hours"? If the powercut was only temporary, I mean.

Also, what's Shade's av?
    The problem is, "after hours" is basically now.

Unless Renee restores power immediately. Which...she didn't. She ordered the kids home.

This is why I'm trying to help find a compromise.

I suppose the next option is that we actually skip to the next day, when power is restored, and Sayaka and the appropriate students are all, for various reasons, forced to stay later.

Actually. Hm. That might be our best bet. Then it can really be night, and we can be sure there's only the kids that need to be there...there.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is, "after hours" is basically now.

Unless Renee restores power immediately. Which...she didn't. She ordered the kids home.

This is why I'm trying to help find a compromise.

I suppose the next option is that we actually skip to the next day, when power is restored, and Sayaka and the appropriate students are all, for various reasons, forced to stay later.

Actually. Hm. That might be our best bet. Then it can really be night, and we can be sure there's only the kids that need to be there...there.
    Maybe we could retcon how long it took Angry Janitor to hollowify.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Maybe we could retcon how long it took Angry Janitor to hollowify.
    ...That would require us rewriting all our posts.

I think the "skip to the next day" idea is actually the smoothest.

Just have Gralster pacify Angry Janitor enough that school will be feasible the next day. Then, literally all we need to do is figure out a reason for the right kids to still be there.

Renee could run the detention(s) and other such things, meaning no other teachers need to be there.

Any kids not in a detention of some sort (which, I dunno, might be all of them) could just be a touch slower leaving than the rest of the kids and teachers.

Then, Angry Janitor locks them in.

...The more I think about it, the more I like it. We could quickly wrap up all our little scenes here and now, then skip on to the following evening. I think that's much smoother than a retcon.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Orc in the Playground

Alternative idea: The Angry Janitor can lock kids in, yes?

All it would take is him giving Gralster the slip in the Garganta-verse.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

My opinions:

1) Conveniently enough, Sayaka and the kids who don't know about the spiritual are still within school limits. That means the janitor can trap them inside the school.

2) Conveniently enough, Yoko, Sora and Beck are leaving. This means they can be trapped outside the school.

3) The events of Episode 3 triggered when the school bell rang, to signify end of the first school day. Now, the intent was that it'd be late afternoon at that point - as opposed to early afternoon of the current events of Mortal World thread. But it wouldn't be a huge stretch to just have the bell ring at this point, creating a link between the events and putting them on the same timeline.

4) When the events of the Episode begin, there will be other Hollows heading for the school. Reene could use some trick to hide the Janitor (have Gralster shove him in a Garganta or something), and let the teachers be lured away by other things. Whether this'd require the teachers to hop over to Episode 3 is another matter.

5) Storms don't hit all places at the same time. We can have thunder happen in the school first.

6) Alternatively, I can make Janitor fix the electricty now, giving the kids a reason to come back - even more alternatively, clubs might still be kept after school, giving them a reason to stay until Janitor locks up the place for cleaning.

7) I'd rather not mix up Enclave with Sayaka and the shrine, for many of the reasons Kasanip already told.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hm. I do agree with points 1-5. I suppose various little things mean that those kids, the PCs, will be the "stragglers".

Maybe...hm.

Maybe we say that all the other kids (you know, everyone who's not the ones taking part in this adventure ) have left, when the storm front rolls on in.

So the teachers say "we'll call your parents to pick you up, stay here, it's not really good to go out in that storm". One hopes the school would provide this.

So we've got the kids all in one room. Some of the teachers have left, leaving the Principal and the PC teachers. Said teachers all realize there are Hollows headed towards the school. They all make up excuses to go off and keep them away from the school. Besides, Renee can keep an eye on the kids while they wait, right? They're pretty well behaved.

She goes off to check some admin-related thing or another.

And then Janitor strikes.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Offhand, here's a list from my memory: Kaito, Valeria, Nakahiro, Ken, Michiko, Yuudai (if he's a.)still being played, and b.)supposed to take part in this and gain powers). Probably Takara and Eri. Possibly Kina, at least due to her comparatively lower power.
    Kina shouldn't need guidance, at least in the form of information. She's a Quincy, albeit one with lackluster skills. She knows what Hollows are, and what they do (I assume.)

Sorry I have been AWOL as of late. I have 13 Job inteviews this week, and getting them has been a hassle and a half.

I'll leave Tani and Aki off in the ether, at least until a decision is reached.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Actually this is moreso a mistake on my part then on Michiko's. >.> I thought Hasunaga was his last name since you kept referring to him as Professor Hasunaga (which, at least in my town/city has always been/meant Professor 'Last Name')

She was actually attempting to call him by his last name. x.x I can change it, but I'm not sure how'd that affect your post. Thoughts Kuro?
    I don't mind. I apologize, as well, because I feel that I might have helped to spread some of the confusion - around here it is costumary to address a teacher by "professor/a <first name>" and use the surname only if said teacher happens to be in the same school as another with the same name.

For future reference, you can call him Heiaki-sensei.

As for the locking in, I find that's a great idea. We should probably keep in mind Renee would be best seen out of the school limits by then; that way, none of the suspicions that'd normally arise from having her dismiss the teachers would come to be.

As for Kasanip's matters...

Well, when I first created Hasunaga, the first point that came up was that there were plenty of "tutors" already. So I shifted his focus entirely, making him a bitter old man who intends to tell the spiritually aware kids no more than "stay out of this mess, curiosity killed the cat". So if they start asking him questions, the most he's going to blurt out is that he can see ghosts, but he'll attribute the whole thing to PTSD. Essentially making him a CRAZY bitter old man instead of a bitter old medium.

That said, I feel that Sayaka seems to be the best counterpart to the MW kid cast - she's the one who seems to be the most upset that her days aren't normal. The others are desperately trying to understand what's going on and occasionally marvelling themselves whenever they find out something new. Poor Sayaka, on the other hand, sees herself in a maelstrom of insanity and hurt from which she wants out.

There is one more reason that I feel the shrine should remain neutral: we're talking about massive conflict here. Aside from the shrine, there IS no safe haven in Phoenix Town. When it comes time for crap to hit the fan, the first place anyone sensible enough to realize the place is being attacked by evil spirits would be the Shrine. Not only that, even Soul Society isn't impervious to intrusion, and for most MW characters it might as well be a million miles away even if it were.

Also remember that Sayaka's background may be diminished in importance thanks to the presence of other tutor-type characters, but it is not gone completely. After all, theoretically speaking, high school teachers aren't experts on the supernatural - priests are.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Orc in the Playground

By the way, Draken, speaking of Renee is left with the kids... if that should happen, she should definitely consider allowing herself to be falsely injured.

I mean, "why wasn't the Principal hurt like anyone else?" or "funny how the Principal left not long before the monster attacked" are some prime reasons for suspicion.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, Draken, speaking of Renee is left with the kids... if that should happen, she should definitely consider allowing herself to be falsely injured.

I mean, "why wasn't the Principal hurt like anyone else?" or "funny how the Principal left not long before the monster attacked" are some prime reasons for suspicion.
    Now I have an image of Renee ordering a Hollow to injure her in view of the students, then start yelling at it when it goes too far and knocks her gigai's head off.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-24 at 12:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, what's Shade's av?
    Mysterious Woman from Academy City.

@Kuro: And I know she could/should call him first name-sensei but that is a minor snub on her part. Or rather...less snub, more part of her nature. A teacher isn't a figure that automatically becomes a sensei in her mind (likely because of poor teachers in the past) so until Hasunaga does something that is sensei worthy he's still just '-san' to her.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-08-24 at 12:35 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

Now I have an image of Renee ordering a Hollow to injure her in view of the students, then start yelling at it when it goes too far and knocks her gigai's head off.
    Or of it being too afraid to follow through and then being punished until it does so, while the others stare.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Or of it being too afraid to follow through and then being punished until it does so, while the others stare.
    Omake! We need an omake of this, with multiple takes punctuated by amnesia dust.