New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 11

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Omake! We need an omake of this, with multiple takes punctuated by amnesia dust.
    ... we have an Omake thread exactly for this kind of stuff.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Well, panels could be repeated - it wouldn't be too hard to turn into a comic.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-24 at 12:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Halfling in the Playground

...We must make a behind-the-scenes MW comic! I love the idea! ...But don't look at me, I'm busy.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Reposting these so people who get on a bit later tonight can see. We've got most people on board at the moment. If just a couple more assure us it's good, I vote we move forward on it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    My opinions:

1) Conveniently enough, Sayaka and the kids who don't know about the spiritual are still within school limits. That means the janitor can trap them inside the school.

2) Conveniently enough, Yoko, Sora and Beck are leaving. This means they can be trapped outside the school.

3) The events of Episode 3 triggered when the school bell rang, to signify end of the first school day. Now, the intent was that it'd be late afternoon at that point - as opposed to early afternoon of the current events of Mortal World thread. But it wouldn't be a huge stretch to just have the bell ring at this point, creating a link between the events and putting them on the same timeline.

4) When the events of the Episode begin, there will be other Hollows heading for the school. Reene could use some trick to hide the Janitor (have Gralster shove him in a Garganta or something), and let the teachers be lured away by other things. Whether this'd require the teachers to hop over to Episode 3 is another matter.

5) Storms don't hit all places at the same time. We can have thunder happen in the school first.

6) Alternatively, I can make Janitor fix the electricty now, giving the kids a reason to come back - even more alternatively, clubs might still be kept after school, giving them a reason to stay until Janitor locks up the place for cleaning.

7) I'd rather not mix up Enclave with Sayaka and the shrine, for many of the reasons Kasanip already told.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Hm. I do agree with points 1-5. I suppose various little things mean that those kids, the PCs, will be the "stragglers".

Maybe...hm.

Maybe we say that all the other kids (you know, everyone who's not the ones taking part in this adventure ) have left, when the storm front rolls on in.

So the teachers say "we'll call your parents to pick you up, stay here, it's not really good to go out in that storm". One hopes the school would provide this.

So we've got the kids all in one room. Some of the teachers have left, leaving the Principal and the PC teachers. Said teachers all realize there are Hollows headed towards the school. They all make up excuses to go off and keep them away from the school. Besides, Renee can keep an eye on the kids while they wait, right? They're pretty well behaved.

She goes off to check some admin-related thing or another.

And then Janitor strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    By the way, Draken, speaking of Renee is left with the kids... if that should happen, she should definitely consider allowing herself to be falsely injured.

I mean, "why wasn't the Principal hurt like anyone else?" or "funny how the Principal left not long before the monster attacked" are some prime reasons for suspicion.
    Why not have her go off for some vague thing or another before Janitor strikes. Then, when AJ hits, she gets locked into a room. It's just that she ordered that to occur. After all, make sure it's a room with a big, thick door, and if she doesn't have the keys (they fell out of her pocket before she went in there!), she can't get out until she's let out.

And there's the plan in general, I think.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

... thank you, KD, for saving me the effort to do that. I was just about to, but now I don't have to.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    ... thank you, KD, for saving me the effort to do that. I was just about to, but now I don't have to.
    I find that I'm occasionally useful around here.

7. - Top - End - #607

Sounds like a good plan. My only question is, Beck and the others that've already left get trapped by...what/who?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. My only question is, Beck and the others that've already left get trapped by...what/who?
    They're going to be locked out.

Tacky and tgva need to confer, but I think Aki's going to yoink Kina to go take out Hollows. They, too, will be locked out.

Beck, Sora, Yoko all need to be not in the school. It kinda sucks, but the only way for Sayaka to play anything resembling her intended role is for people already "in the know" to not be there.

Ayase's borderline, really. Also, I'm confused how her doll knows so much, but eh. She could probably be included without it shaking things up too much. Up to Prime, and maybe Kasanip, I suppose.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Ayase's borderline, really. Also, I'm confused how her doll knows so much, but eh. She could probably be included without it shaking things up too much. Up to Prime, and maybe Kasanip, I suppose.
    I'm confused about how her Doll knows so much too - I just told Kuro to have Denden-chan make stuff up.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-24 at 04:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuromaiken, then, has to make Denden-chan react in shock when all the [bogus] he's been pulling out of his [hat] will turn out to be true after all.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Or there could be some contrivance involving Denden subconsciously hacking into the reiphones of shinigami in the area.

Kuro, could you at least change "Hollow" to something else?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-24 at 05:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reposting these so people who get on a bit later tonight can see. We've got most people on board at the moment. If just a couple more assure us it's good, I vote we move forward on it.

Why not have her go off for some vague thing or another before Janitor strikes. Then, when AJ hits, she gets locked into a room. It's just that she ordered that to occur. After all, make sure it's a room with a big, thick door, and if she doesn't have the keys (they fell out of her pocket before she went in there!), she can't get out until she's let out.

And there's the plan in general, I think.
    I support this plan.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #613

It's fair. I'll get my share of the action in the Michiko plot (hopefully). Go forth with said plan!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, now I'm confused.

Kina being there or not there for Sakaya's speech is irrelevant. Whether or not she's aware of anything that Sakaya would be saying, she would pretend that she's not, because she really, really, really doesn't want anyone to suspect that she's remotely close to being a Medium. Her objective is to appear as normal as possible.

Kina can't do anything against Hollows even if she can see them, and Aki of all people would know this. (I mean, it's why she's supposed to be training Kina in the first place). So imagine the reason for them leaving would be Aki jumps in and saves them and then says "Hey, Kina, we're getting out of here." Also, I didn't want Kina to get any training or subplot until the Michiko Plot had started, because if Kina can fight back against Michiko the whole plot doesn't work very well.

So what are we doing now that we've accidentally messed up the plan?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki isn't going to be successful at Training Kina. She's very young, and headstrong, and thinks that showing Kina how she fights will magically make Kina able to. She's never mentored anyone before. (This is true, no matter if Kina is involved in the school plot or not.) Whether or not Kina recieves training prior to the Michiko Arc is irrelevant to the power she would gain, when Aki's idea of training is "try not to die, and watch." I was enthusiastic about the mentoring subplot because Aki will probably gain more from it then Kina.

As I said in PM, Kina is free to be present during Sayaka's speech. I was just giving options.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Orc in the Playground

strawberryman endorses the current MW plot plan.

Also.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Randomly, on the earlier topic of Doll Fusions, I came up with a few abilities for Vi's, should she ever achieve it.

Doll Fusion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Viatrix's doll fusion with Schwerkraftfuchs, her entire form becomes indistinct, covered in a silvery metal sheen. A large tail protrudes from her rear, with longswords which glow with various colored runes nestled therein, and a pair of fox ears stick up from the top of her head. Her hands end in claws, which can be used for impromptu slashing attacks.

Weight Manipulation: Viatrix can freely manipulate her mass, as well as those she touches, as her doll's normal ability.

Ruby Blades: These pair of blades repulse foes with the power of gravity, sending them flying upon impact.

Aquamarine Blades: These pair of blades imbue an attracting force to Viatrix, making it harder for the those struck to run away. The effect lasts for around a minute if not struck again.

Emerald Blades: These pair of blades imbue a polar opposite force to the Aquamarine blades, making it harder for foes to approach Viatrix. The effect lasts for around a minute.

Garnet Blades: These pair of blades give the target a gravitational pull, making close objects be pulled into them, possibly causing damage & making it harder to move. The effect lasts for around a minute, if not struck again.

Graviton Blade: By combining all 8 of the blades, Viatrix can wield this oversized zweihander (around 9 feet long), condensing and dispersing gravity as a solid force to use as energy attacks.
    Pulling this back up for comment. Just so I can be sure no one has a problem with it because no one said anything about it.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #617
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm still working on my character; currently making a candidate for 3rd Division Vice-Captain. His personal combat philosophy is that any time spent defending could better be spent attacking, and has a zanpakutou that supports this for him. I was looking through kido, though, and was wondering to what degree a Vice-Captain would be proficient. I'm currently thinking able to use up to hado 73 without incantation and up to 80-85ish with incantation, but only up to bakudo 10 without incantation and 30 with, as he had no interest in learning binding spells. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-08-24 at 06:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    I'm still working on my character; currently making a candidate for 3rd Division Vice-Captain. His personal combat philosophy is that any time spent defending could better be spent attacking, and has a zanpakutou that supports this for him. I was looking through kido, though, and was wondering to what degree a Vice-Captain would be proficient. I'm currently thinking able to use up to hado 73 without incantation and up to 80-85ish with incantation, but only up to bakudo 10 without incantation and 30 with, as he had no interest in learning binding spells. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Hm. It's hard to answer on the Kido issue right off the bat. You seem to be generally in the right area.

That said, how would you say his kido skill compares to his physical combat skills? Would you say he's 50/50 Kido/Physical? 70/30? 30/70?

If he's about even on both, I'd lean towards doing up to 60s without incantation. If he's more focused on kido, then yeah, 70s would be okay.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Okay, now I'm confused.

Kina being there or not there for Sakaya's speech is irrelevant. Whether or not she's aware of anything that Sakaya would be saying, she would pretend that she's not, because she really, really, really doesn't want anyone to suspect that she's remotely close to being a Medium. Her objective is to appear as normal as possible.

Kina can't do anything against Hollows even if she can see them, and Aki of all people would know this. (I mean, it's why she's supposed to be training Kina in the first place). So imagine the reason for them leaving would be Aki jumps in and saves them and then says "Hey, Kina, we're getting out of here." Also, I didn't want Kina to get any training or subplot until the Michiko Plot had started, because if Kina can fight back against Michiko the whole plot doesn't work very well.

So what are we doing now that we've accidentally messed up the plan?
    Look about 10 posts above yours for the revised plan in general.

As for Kina, that's fine. She can stay with the group and just ride along. From what Shades said, Yuudai has no powers yet, so he's going to be just following as well.

I think if we stick to the plan I outlined, we'll be okay.

Tacky just needs to decide what to do with Aki.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hm. It's hard to answer on the Kido issue right off the bat. You seem to be generally in the right area.

That said, how would you say his kido skill compares to his physical combat skills? Would you say he's 50/50 Kido/Physical? 70/30? 30/70?

If he's about even on both, I'd lean towards doing up to 60s without incantation. If he's more focused on kido, then yeah, 70s would be okay.
    Hmm... Magatsu tends to rely more on his zanpakutou even though he's only average at shunpo, so I'd put him at about 30/70 kido/physical. I'll probably lower him to 50-60s without incantation for hado, keeping his lack of aptitude for bakudo.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, it would be best for Aki to not be there during the speech by Sayaka. Unlike Kina, she would speak up, and I've got no wish to deprive Kasanip of her well deserved moment in the spot light. Would anybody object to her taking part afterwards?

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

Or there could be some contrivance involving Denden subconsciously hacking into the reiphones of shinigami in the area.

Kuro, could you at least change "Hollow" to something else?
    I'm on it.

Now to convene something specially evil sounding.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

23. - Top - End - #623
    Orc in the Playground

Demon works.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Kuro, you used the word "Hollow" twice and only changed it once.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Barbarian in the Playground

I fully support the idea F_F had, which is Beck, Yoko, and Sora leaving while everyone else stays. If Beck doesn't want to sit it out, there's plenty of hollows out and about now.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I fully support the idea F_F had, which is Beck, Yoko, and Sora leaving while everyone else stays. If Beck doesn't want to sit it out, there's plenty of hollows out and about now.
    It helps that they've already left.

So, Tacky, perhaps Aki can be isolated by locked doors for a bit, while Sayaka gathers and briefs the other students.

Then, as they're making their way towards Angry Janitor's "nest" or whatever, Aki links up with them. Things proceed from there.

I propose that, if this meets approval, things start rolling to at least get the kids all in the same room and such.

FF, Draken, as the "scene-setters", that does kind of fall to you.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Orc in the Playground

Kuro, you used the word "Hollow" twice and only changed it once.
    Silly me. Better now?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

@ Episode 3 People: I'm kinda waiting on you folk to run into Auset. Especially BEFORE she gets to the town. Nor did she unleash a horde of hollows either. O.o Not sure where that impression came from.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Um...it came from Frozen.

Are all 3 teams just...supposed to encounter her?

I'm honestly confused about what's supposed to go on.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Orc in the Playground

I guess I could volunteer Kyou to drop in out of chance. >_>

Although I mirror KD's statement. I am kind of lost at what's supposed to be going on.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-08-24 at 09:44 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!