New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Three Worlds: Age of Heroes (in-character)

Welcome to the Age of Heroes

You are in the village of Torm. A small village in Koth like many others, due to the dangerous animals and monsters that can be found in the woods outside of town the farms stretch slowly and rely on the assistance of magic from the priesthood of the Elder God of Power to grow sufficient food. The town market is a small, and mostly dilapidated affair, even the town’s ruling baronet’s keep is a small affair dwarfed by the temple to the god of power that rises up beside it.
    A single inn faces out into the town’s “grand market”, although other seedier establishments probably exist amongst the houses and work places of artisans. Its faded sign, reading “The Sleeping Cat Inn and Tavern”, is still barely legible although the picture that went with it has long since peeled away. From the smells wafting out of the inn it would seem that what coppers the establishment doesn’t spend on appearance are spent on quality food. On one of the inn’s formerly white walls there is a poster. If you read it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wanted
    (picture of a Toyaman man, hair in a topknot, late 20s or early 30s)
    Kotetsu Mikadoshi, stole the ancestral sword, Dragon Feather, belonging to the Outen clan. He is believed to be working with local bandits.
    Reward for return of the sword: 1500 pieces of gold and 2 potions of healing.
    Reward for Kotetsu Mikadoshi (alive): 500 pieces of gold
    Reward for return of the sword and Kotetsu Mikadoshi’s head: 2000 pieces of gold and 4 potions of healing.
    Reward for return of the sword and Kotetsu Mikadoshi alive: 2500 pieces of gold and 6 potions of healing.
    Rewards can be collected at the baron’s keep.

The shops and stands are mostly simple peasants’ goods, the needs and necessities of a non-adventuring life. A single stand sells low to medium quality weapons and light armor, and at another a man in a grey cloak sells magical trinkets. He is perhaps 45 to 50, a crescent scar running near his right eye. His goods are simple tools, little more than expensive toys for the most part although it is possible that some items of use can be found amongst them.

You are all (with the exception of the dwarf), of course, attracting some level of stares and looks. Most are of course directed towards Rhana and Jakiro unless they take efforts to disguise themselves or hide, but Willowbreeze and Solomon also attract glances do to their abnormalities. Even Elric will attract some due to his warhorse, an uncommon sight in this town. Despite this they are, as of yet, only watching warily; perhaps the sheer number of assembled oddities entering town at roughly the same time is enough to convince them you are working for some local wizard or priest.
    A wagon pulling into town pulls everyone’s gaze from you. It is a simple enough covered wagon with the wood painted a bright red and the cover made of some blue-black material. It is being driven by a goblin, dressed in red silk robes and wearing a small metal helmet. If this was not odd enough the wagon is pulled by a pair of hippogriffs. Written on the side of the wagon in ornate, yellow letters is:
    Alliandros Broxilby
    Provider of Magical Goods.
    Scrawled under it in smaller letters and off-centered is:
    and magical beasts

So what does everyone want to do?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-08-07 at 07:50 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Three Worlds: Age of Heroes (in-character)

Woden studies the wanted poster. He has little interest in petty theft but is rather intrigued by the sword itself.

It is after considering the bounty and what he knows of the local nobles and their sword that Woden notices the goblin on his wagon. It is only with great hesitance that he does not attack the vermin. Inexplicably not all humans possess a rational hatred of the pests, and the last time he wantonly slayed one, he had nearly ended up in a prison!

Still, he watches the goblin with great suspicion.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[11]

I don't have ranks in Knowledge: nobility like I thought, so I went with a basic Int check. I do, however, have knowledge: history, which might cover the sword? i don't know. Here's a separate roll for it anyway.

(1d20+4)[22]
    Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!
    Shards RPG: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...s0q1rtodzrBhU/

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

The large insectille creature react to the staring crowd with a friendly smile and waves or tips her hat, revealing her antennas. Rhana-Escora still had something resembling a elf, but with six arms and a dark brown skin, made out of chitinous exoskeleton, it was had to see. Most of her skin was covered with clothing, but six arms was had to disguise and she didn't bother. The same problem with her eyes, that looked more like a insect then a elf. she was also undermining the fact she was hiding her antennas by tipping her hat.
    On her cape and her tunic was a large symbol of , a smaller one was found on her head and a wooden version was hanging on her belt. It was a Ankh and Star on a Lunar Disk, the symbol of Isis.
    As she passed the inn the poster caught her eye. She looked at it and then removed it from the wall. Thinking for a moment she decided to ask about it to the local pubic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information: (1d20+1)[11]
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-08-07 at 02:14 PM.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

While waiting for the others.

Wodan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Around one-thousand five hundred years ago, a nephew of the Toyaman emperor led a rebellion against the emperor. When he besieged the palace and attacked the emperor, the sword Dragon Feather was used by a member of the Outen clan to kill the would-be usurper.

Rhana-Escora
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first man you come to seems rather frightened of you, but he answers quickly enough. "One of those Toyaman knights came by yesterday, went to talk to the baron. This morning the poster was here. I guess he's wanted in Toyama for the theft." He finishes and stands there, probably too scared to risk your wrath by leaving.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

A knight in full-plate, atop his warhorse, sidled up to the insectile creature holding the poster. He had seen the poster earlier. The reward was tempting, however, the thought of slaying a band of brigands was more delightful.

"From the poster in your hands, would I be correct to assume you are interested in the job?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Rhana-Escora smiles friendly to the man, gives him gold coin for the information and then gesture he may leave.

When the knight speaks she nods. "Yes, it's so tragic for such a nice little village to be bothered by bandits."
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakiro, Scourge of Kittens and Unattended Pies

The dragon is not, in fact, waltzing around in plain view. Being roughly the size of a very small dog or a moderately large cat it is actually fairly easy to escape notice beneath the field of vision of most humans. Though he has no real skill in the art of stealth, this fact alone is no doubt enough to keep him out of the public eye as he darts around. He had recently been stalking around the outside of town in search of scraps to fill his belly (despite still having the trail rations he looted off of some poor adventurer who didn't taste very good at all) but the sudden arrival of so many oddities was simply too interesting to leave be. He stays within sixty feet of the newcomers, but other than that he keeps out of sight as he listens in on their conversation. The goblin apparently did not draw his attention in the slightest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+10)[20]
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rannil View Post
    When the knight speaks she nods. "Yes, it's so tragic for such a nice little village to be bothered by bandits."
    "Indeed, I agree. I was planning to set out in search of this man and his criminal compatriots. I believe if we combined our efforts, we would be a force to be reckoned with."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

@Tacitus: You are successfully unnoticed by the peasants, although you do catch the goblin glancing at you.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

While busy staring down the Gob, Woden notes a small-and rather odd looking-group of who he assumes to be adventurers form.

In fact, on second thought, it seems more likely they where already a group and where merely gathering to discuss their next course of action. The sight of adventurers is of course nothing new to him, but they rather stuck out in a town such as this, and that's without even considering oddities like a six-armed...actually, I haven't a clue what that thing is.

Regardless, they are not especially notable to someone well traveled such as Woden. Or rather, they wouldn't be, only that they seem to be gathering around the same poster that he has himself been examining earlier. It's worth repeating that Woden has little interest in petty bandits, but is interested in both the reward and the sword itself.

With these things in mind, he approaches the group; intent on introducing himself and finding if they'd mind a little extra muscle - not that such groups often did.

"Hail, friend!" Woden addresses the human. "I see that you are interested in slaying some bandits and being paid well to do it! As it should happen, I am similarly inclined and would like to know if you'd be interested in pooling our resources to get the job done!"

Spoiler
    Show

What time is it, btw?

Also: Low Charisma = pain in the ass. >_<
    Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!
    Shards RPG: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...s0q1rtodzrBhU/

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

It is between dawn and noon. As it is late spring, this means somewhere between 8 and 9. The day looks like it will shape up to be sunny, although some scattered clouds still hang in the bright blue sky. Birds can be heard singing outside of the inner portion of the town within the area devoted for farming.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Solomon pulls his cloak up around his head, not because he is ashamed of his heritage, but merely because the frightened and awed gazes and gawking irritates him. He had noticed the poster earlier that day too, and was hoping to go after the bounty as well. Another chance to put his learned style to the test, and a chance to earn another days pay. A group of adventurers had gathered around the poster discussing the bounty, at the same time the strange goblin hippogriff cart pulled into town. Solomon stood up from his seat and approached the group.

"I was interested in pursuing this job as well..." He stated calmly, "Solomon Biahos is my name" He introduced himself to the party.

In the mean while Solomon watched the goblin from the corner of his eye.
    Last edited by shiverman; 2010-08-08 at 10:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Note: Editing posts (or previewing them) make the dice roller not function.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

((OoC: wont let me roll in my odl post :S))
    sense motive on the goblin: (1d20)[12]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

To Solomon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The goblin seems honest enough, at least from afar.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

To all of the others who have gathered and expressed interest in the job.

"Yes. The more the merrier. I am Sir Elric Darkholme, Knight of Bahamut."
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-08-09 at 01:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Rhana smiles to the other people interested. "So nice to see so many here wanting to help. Indeed the more the merrier. My name is Rhana-Escora, Elven Priestess and Crusader of Isis." She takes of her hat and bows gracefully.

My dragons:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakiro

For the moment the dragon is keeping himself hidden while he waits for this new band of adventurers to head out on the quest they've given themselves. The knight of Bahamut is... somewhat distressing, but Jakiro is a good little dragon who is fairly sure he's never done anything too terrible. Pies don't count as murder, right?
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

The peasants are now, rather conspicuously, not looking at the group. The man Rhana-Escora had been asking questions to is still standing before her trembling and unsure of whether he leaving would be permitted. You can all hear the goblin beginning his sales pitch, "Come to the wagon of Alliandros Broxilby! Within you can find wondrous objects of power, and beasts from other worlds! All reasonably priced!"
    It seems unlikely he will find much business in such a small town.

To Jakiro
    Spoiler
    Show
    From your hiding place between their legs you can hear the peasants whispering. They are unsure what to think of this strange band, and for the most part assume they are in the employ of the priesthood and therefore something not to be messed with. There are also a few comments about the goblin, and how the town guard should run him off for bringing dangerous creatures into town. The goblin himself is still watching you, with only an occasional flicker of his eye towards the group, as he starts his pitch.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Rhana-Escora looked at the poor man. "Still here? Want a prayer of Isis?" Without waiting for answer she lay one of her hands on his head and mumbled a short blessing.
    Afterward she looks at the goblin and says to the rest of the group. "Well I am in for the bandit hunting, I am curious what this goblin offers. You know, 'beast from other worlds' doesn't sound safe or something that would be bought in a small town village." She frowns. "Owh well, give me a minute or follow me if you like." She says welcoming and then steps trough the crowd towards the goblin.

My dragons:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"Indulge your curiosity, Rhana, but I doubt this goblin has the exact type of companion I seek."

Nonetheless, Sir Elric, still atop his horse, rode over to the goblin with his new Crusading cohort, and the others if they chose to come.

"Mister Broxilby. My friend here would like to inquire about what you offer. Surely, a seasoned merchant such as yourself has many fine things for humble church servants such as ourselves."

(Rolling diplomacy to try and make him favorable to us.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[23]
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-08-09 at 12:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"It is nice to meet you all" Solomon stated quietly after everyone introduced themselves. His raised his eyebrow slightly at the abnormally pale human and the... elf? But such things were not uncommon in this strange land.

"Well I am in for the bandit hunting, I am curious what this goblin offers. You know, 'beast from other worlds' doesn't sound safe or something that would be bought in a small town village."
    Solomon nodded his head and followed. He didn't much care if the beats were too dangerous for town or not, but wanted to see if the merchant had anything of use.

"Mister Broxilby. My friend here would like to inquire about what you offer. Surely, a seasoned merchant such as yourself has many fine things for humble church servants such as ourselves."
    "Indeed, what wares do you have for us goblin?" Solomon asked calmy
    Last edited by shiverman; 2010-08-09 at 12:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"I have various wares, sirs and lady," the goblin begins. "If it is items of power you seek I carry swords, and shields, armor and helms, cloaks and rings. A veritable cornucopia of arcane wares. If it is beasts you seek, I warn you that the trade of eggs sharply drops as Gilgash gains strength. As such the price of a dragon's egg, especially those of a crimson-scaled drake, has risen steeply. Perhaps a griffon egg would be closer to your price range."

From this closer vantage point you can see a pair of creatures, just short of seven feet in height, composed of rusted metal, broken glass, and other discarded waste. Squatting upon the shoulder of one is a miniature wyvern, no larger than a falcon. They all watch carefully from their positions behind the goblin. Even the hippogriffs seem to be watching you warily.

In the wagon are several chests, and an iron vault of some sort. You can see a haphazard pile of wands, staffs, and swords in one corner, and a suit of plate is worn by a dummy in another. The goblin himself wears a pendant upon his chest, a light suit of mithril chain beneath his cloak, a ring upon each finger, and his eyes are tinted by some form of almost certainly magical lens. He is a merchant who deals in dangerous substances and sells to the most dangerous breed of customer, adventurers. Even now you can see the tip of a wand poking from beneath his sleeve, set in some mechanism to aid in quickly readying it in case of emergency.

"So what would you like to buy? I'm sure I have some things that will prove useful to a priest, a fine ephod," one of his hands dives into the pile of wands and blades to pull forth a garment, "made to help banish the walking dead, perhaps?"

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed your wares are many and varied. However, I shall have to postpone any purchases until after our upcoming endeavor."

As for Dragon's eggs, Sir Elric was not interested in raising a chromatic dragon, or purchasing a griffon. Indeed, he trusted in Bahamut to provide a willing companion one day.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"Hmmm..." was all Solomon said as he browsed the Goblin's items. The merchant seemed to have some fine items, but nothing the fighter could afford at the moment.
    "I shall see you after I return from my current endeavor" Solomon stated curtly, and walked back with the vampiric man to their strange party.

"Shall we take our leave once the...elf.. is done?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree. The sooner we dispatch these bandits and capture this man, the sooner we can be on to bigger things."

He said to Solomon.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Rhana bows for the goblin. She decided she needed to hie her questions well, she didn't want to insult the goblin. "Well I don't think I got enough gold for your eccentric wares at the moment, but maybe in few days. It does make me wonder, how long would you sty in such a village? I don't think many commoners are interested in these kind of wares, it must be hard to sell them here."

My dragons:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't intend to stay long. In fact... perhaps you could help me. I'm looking for flash sacs from Kothian ankhegs, bring me a few of those and I'll make it worth your time. I'd be willing to pay for their eggs as well." the goblin says in answer to Rhana's question. "Sometimes my commissions are quite annoying, though you'd be surprised how well the business goes in Koth. The peasants might be poor, but the priesthood has more gold than decent uses for it."

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Rhana shakes her head. "Well, I don't got the time the moment, official business you see. Maybe afterward, if nothing else comes in my way, but I guess you are out of town by then."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just in case:

Sense Motive on the Goblin: (1d20+1)[9]

Bluff check because I'm sort of lying: (1d20+1)[14]
    Hunting bandits ain't official business.

My dragons:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Just thought I'd mention it," the goblin says with a grin, "They're predatory beasts known to attack travelers so it's not impossible you'll encounter them on your business. If you do, gather the parts and I'll pay, if you don't I will have to look elsewhere."

@Rannil:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well you don't know if he's lying about anything, and you get the feeling this is an on the level proposition.

Current Projects: