New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Death Recon (IC)

Quint

quint flips the child over and places the blanket back on the child. He nods a head at the group before leaving. Once again attempting to see what he can find around the town. When out of the orphanage Quint speaks into the comm.

There is a child in the orphanage which could stand for a closer look Asteroth brought in mysteriously since the hunts have started.

Spoiler
    Show

awareness - (1d100)[84] vs 36 looking to see what I can see
    Check out my horrible homebrews

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quint finds a rock.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quint

Quint continues to look around town

Spoiler
    Show

really.....

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

The psyker looks at the horse drawn cart with some trepidation, as he turns to Atreus
    "Any idea how to drive this cart?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    The psyker looks at the horse drawn cart with some trepidation, as he turns to Atreus
    "Any idea how to drive this cart?"
    "Well, don't expect any fancy driving - Malfi high society rather goes for hover-cars, dontchew'know. But that there's a mule, and you flick the reins to get it to move, pull up on them to get it to slow or stop, and pull side to side to turn. Fairly simple, really."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Cromwell says into the microbead: "I'll head out after you guys tomorrow, after I've chased down every lead I can here." he heads to the cathedral.
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2010-08-25 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quint continues his search of the town, but finds nothing of major importance.

Cromwell heads to the church. He sees the same things everyone else has seen - guards, flyers, boxes, and a priest.

Atreus and Asteroth are almost out of Vox range...

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

As they ride out toward the village, Asteroth takes a look at his companion thoughtfully for a moment and remarks.

"Why do you seem so nonchalent working with a pskyer?....Back when I was in the Guard, they had 2 or 3 minders near me at all times...I was never left alone there...."

9. - Top - End - #249

As they ride out toward the village, Asteroth takes a look at his companion thoughtfully for a moment and remarks.

"Why do you seem so nonchalent working with a pskyer?....Back when I was in the Guard, they had 2 or 3 minders near me at all times...I was never left alone there...."
    Atreus laughs. "I am a Malfian nobleman, psyker. A member of a caste renowned for paranoia, sociopathy, and vicious intrigue beyond the pale of ordinary Malfians, who are themselves notorious throughout the sector for their depraved cunning. Compared to the evil I have seen ordinary men do to each other for petty advantage or out of pure boredom, a psyker is almost quaint."
    Last edited by Vikingkingq; 2010-08-26 at 05:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Do you think we should turn back to check up on Quint's suspicions?"

11. - Top - End - #251

"Do you think we should turn back to check up on Quint's suspicions?"
    "An infant child is unlikely to go anywhere, especially with the gunslinger watching the orphanage. The logical course of action is to follow up the most likely lead first - especially then they involve adults who are capable of flight."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Duly noted, but I must note in future cases, nascent psykers are often at their apex of their power comparatively speaking to when they are sanctioned."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Cromwell goes up to whoever seems to be the ranking priest, "Good evening, I am Detective Cromwell, an associate of Mr. Atreus. I have been asked to do some checking around, though I was hoping to keep it a lot more... discreet."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cromwell
    Spoiler
    Show

After talking to a few guards and monks, Detective Cromwell is eventually pointed in the right direction. Before long, he's being allowed into the Abbott's office. "Ah, hello!" Abbott Enriko Maxwell greets the Arbite from behind his scroll-laden desk. (Description can be found in earlier posts.) "You must be another of the Inquisition's agents, judging from your foreign attire. What can I do for you today, my good man?"

Atreus & Asteroth
    Spoiler
    Show

Crackle crackle. Static soon fills the two Acolyte's micro-bead channels when they try to contact the rest of the team. It seems they are now out of Vox range, travelling down winding dirt roads in a dense forest.

"Hey... whossat?" the young nun mutters from the back of the cart, pointing up the road. Further up the path, a black-shrouded figure is slowly rounding a corner in the road. The dim light of the forest makes it difficult to make out all the details, but it appears to be walking towards the Acolytes and their wagon.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Cromwell
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well sir, I was hoping to have a quick look through the Indulgences box, just to check for irregularities among the populace before moving on to follow my associates." he says politely.

16. - Top - End - #256

Moving very slowly, Atreus unbuttons his frock coat and slides his Carnodon out of his holster and into his hand, although he keeps his hand in his lap. "Don't make any sudden moves," he whispers to Asteroth, "but keep yourself ready to react quickly. We may have company."

Spoiler
    Show

Ready action, I guess.
    Can I tell if the novice is sober now, or do I need to roll? Obscura only lasts 1d5 hrs anyway.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cromwell

Spoiler
    Show

The Abbott explains to Cromwell how the Indulgences work. A person who wishes to cleanse their soul without the need of a priest can perform some sort of penance, be it offering a monetary donation to the church, or ritual prayers, flagellation, or fasting. The donations are anonymous, meant to simply represent the admission of sin and the offering given to recieve absolution. The money is used by the church for various things, like charity work and funding projects. The confessions themselves are burnt - unread - every night atop the belltower, then the ashes are scattered into the wind, so that only the Emperor knows what dark truths they contained.

Atreus
    Spoiler
    Show

The nun is still a bit loopy, her eyes slightly glazed and her expression placid.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hide from mere mortal sight they may, but in the Sea of Souls they shine......" Asteroth intones, as he clutches his ring, glowing a plale silver glow, as draws his pistol in the other hand, as he attempts to assess the warp presence (if any) of the shadows ahead of them...

Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience 52 (1d100)[78]
    Last edited by Talkkno; 2010-08-28 at 02:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The dark figure is about 50 yards up the rugged path from the cart. The shade of the forest and the distance prevent Atreus from making out specific details, and Asteroth is unable to extend his senses that far.

The figure continues to walk slowly down the path, in no clear hurry to get to its destination...

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"I was unable to detect anything, it is as if the very placid nature of this world renders the very air still and without life...Recommended course of action?" Asteroth mumbles on,

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quint

Quint begins to wind his way through the town back to the tavern where he left the detective to wait for his companions report.

Spoiler
    Show

awareness - (1d100)[81] vs 36

keeping an eye out for anything strange

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Cromwell
    Spoiler
    Show

"I understand, however I think it best if I give them a quick once-over, as an agent of his Holy Emperor, I'm sure He will understand, especially if it leads to the speedy outing of the witch." Cromwell says, as diplomatically as possible.

Roll (If needed): (1d100)[74]

23. - Top - End - #263

"I was unable to detect anything, it is as if the very placid nature of this world renders the very air still and without life...Recommended course of action?" Asteroth mumbles on,
    "It would be rather awkward explaining why we vaporized a traveller without cause, so just wait..."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cromwell
    Spoiler
    Show

The Detectives request recieves a flat no. "Those confessions are for the Emperor's eyes only. I cannot allow you to violate the sanctity of this rite."

Asteroth and Atreus
    Spoiler
    Show

The wandering shadow draws closer.

(Awareness tests again, if you'd like...)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Atreus
    Spoiler
    Show

Atreus narrows his eyes and focuses on what the shadow approaching them is. As his eyes adjust the the dim light of the dense forest, he's finally able to see who, or what, it is.

Spoiler
    Show

Note: Rather than a shortsword, it is carrying a long staff, which it is using as a walking cane.

Feel free to make knowledge checks to find out who or what it is, or just proceed to react however way Atreus would.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Mighty Emperor, spread Your divine light to protect me from the darkness....." Asteroth mutters the litany of protection, as he briefly lapses into trance, his ring glowing a tad more brightly.........

Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience 52 (1d100)[30]

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Cromwell
    Spoiler
    Show

"Very well, sir. I shall respect that. While I'm here, what can you tell me about a Witch Hunter by the name of Vandred?"
    Inquiry: (1d100)[68] vs 57

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cromwell
    Spoiler
    Show

The Abbott coughs, and shifts his eyes around. "Ah yes, Vandred. I don't think its very polite to talk behind the backs of individuals, especially one such as him..."

Asteroth
    Spoiler
    Show

The figure gives off no Psychic presence or Warp aura, and you can sense that its human...

Atreus
    Spoiler
    Show

You remember something like this from your studies. You recall seeing old sketches very familiar to this, in reports dealing with ancient plagues and times of suffering in days of old. You do not remember who or what it was, or how it dealt with the diseases and disasters, only that there was some connection...

Quint
    Spoiler
    Show

The gunslinger returns to the tavern, finding nothing interesting along the way. He enters the tavern, and sees the same folks from earlier - the merchants, the old men, the peasants, the bartender and barmaid, and the guard. Most of them shift uncomfortably in their seats, and avert their eyes from the Acolyte. There's no Cromwell...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2010-08-28 at 10:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Nothing out of ordinary I can sense...Suggestions to keep moving?"

30. - Top - End - #270

"Nothing out of ordinary I can sense...Suggestions to keep moving?"
    "It appears to be a plague doctor of some kind. We might want to talk to him briefly, but we won't pause for long."

When the figure comes within speaking distance, Atreus will call out to him. "I say, good evening! Tell me, are you come from Gawain?"