New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

@Arkuturus, Anyr: To be semantic, Rin's ability is generation of light, which is very different from control of it. But I agree that Seiko shouldn't have that many applications for his power at level three - maybe limit it to invisibility or creation of darkness for now, and let him learn other applications of the power later.

If I got this right, Mitsu's ability is a limited form of telekinesis which pushes stuff away from her, or her away from stuff if she's lighter. I'd suggest lowering her to level 3 as well, plus defining the range and weight limit of her ability. For example, you could say she can repel things within 50 feet that weigh less than half her own weight - this wouldn't allow her to levitate, though.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-08-29 at 04:12 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    First, hello and welcome. And of course you can! This game is (as my banner indicates ) always recruiting new players. *gives a t-shirt with Academy City written on it with button*. Also, there's plenty of helpful people about to help you make a character but, to do that, need the answer to one question...how familiar are you with the Railgun/Index setting?
    I'm not, reading up on the termoligy and settings as we speak.

But, unfortunately, this power isn't quite a good fit for the game because...well...I hate to use the term but it's broken within the context of this setting. Usually you'll see an esper have the ability to do just one of the things that you described, not all of them. We actually have a pyrokinetic and electricity using character in the game already, and (As is) yours would overshadow them both because he/she/it can do what they do...and then some. Do you see what the problem is here? ^_^;;
    Yeah I get it now. Sorry, I'll try to think of something else. *ponders*

Speak for yourself.
    I think I need protection.

Also, I still wouldn't mind giving a character ago that has become mentally unstable due to her powers. Now I just need to come up with a power that would fit that...

Edit: Apparently it's not true that I don't know anything about this series. My boyfriend showed me two episodes of Toaru Majutsu no Index. Wanted to see more but we ran out of time (long story). Thought I saw similarities but didn't put the connection there. <.<;
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-08-29 at 04:17 PM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Arkuturus, Anyr: To be semantic, Rin's ability is generation of light, which is very different from control of it.
    Yeah, Light Control was too obvious for my liking, not to mention too versatile. Light Generation, on the other hand, was similar but distinctly different.

Also, just to chime in with the others- yes, molecular manipulation is far too broad and potent.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Also, just to chime in with the others- yes, molecular manipulation is far too broad and potent.
    It's also the "explanation" for Hinata's power. In his case, I limited it to contents of human bloodstream to avoid brokennes - I'd imagine some subset of the ability could be workable.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Anybody have any comments on this?

Everything looks A Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkturus View Post
    Name: Seiko (Truth/Force) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: Nightmare Labyrinth
    Level: 3
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School, Judgment

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Seiko has short dark blue hair, grey eyes, and glasses. He is a smart-casual kind of dresser. Seiko’s wardrobe consists of button-down shirts, slacks, ties, vests, and casual clothing (jeans and t-shirts). He wears his uniform normally at school. Since he is part of Judgment, Seiko wears the standard Judgment Armband.

Personality:
    Seiko is a pleasant person on the surface. Well-mannered, a smile for all, optimistic, and understanding person. On the inside, he is doubtful and pessimistic. He often doubts his work of putting others to “justice”. States that he has given up on humanity.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Optic Refraction
    Seiko’s ability is the power of bending light. He can create illusions, become invisible, or block out light completely. Most often used deceitfully.

Additional Uses:
    Seiko can focus ultraviolet rays on someone to give a tan or sunburn. However, it requires that the target doesn’t move too much and takes a significant amount of focus.

Physical Traits:
    Smiles – he’s rarely seen in public looking sad or angry. A type of poker face.
    Good looking – the girls like him. Not drop-dead gorgeous, just above average.
    Athleticism – average strength but has lots of stamina.
    Pragmatic fighter – when it gets down to a fight, he can be quite deadly. Not because he’s strong, but because he uses lethal techniques. Can also disarm and incapacitate threats easily due to Judgment training.

Mental Traits:
    Good grades – He’s smart.
    Tactical – Never engages head-on. Exploits weaknesses and uses surroundings.
    Enigmatic – Hard to tell what’s going on in his head.
    Sibling love – cares for his sister. Overprotective at times.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – basic everyday item for a teenager.
    Flashlight/laser pointer pen – can be used with his powers as an additional light source.
    Glasses – can be used as a medium to magnify his powers.
    Hidden weapons – Seiko’s ability makes it easy to hid things. Usually has either a stun gun, brass knuckles, or an air soft pistol (shoots bb’s).
    Looks good...

Name: Mitsu (Light) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: ???
    Level: 4
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Mitsu is a shy girl. She has long blue hair and purple eyes. She wears the regular Onizuka uniform. When out of school, Mitsu often wears long skirts or dresses.

Personality:
    Mitsu is a timid and innocent girl. Though, she can be cutely stubborn at times. Mitsu takes some time to warm up to others. When she does, Mitsu is a loyal and caring friend. She sticks around Seiko a lot.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Repel (working name)
    Mitsu can choose a focal point inside her AIM field and repels anything of her choice from that point. She can change the size and shape of the repelling field.

Additional Uses:
    Most often used to repel attacks. Can be used to repel photons to create darkness and sounds to create silence. She can also use it to repel the ground so she can levitate. Can also be used to repel oxygen from a person so they suffocate.

Physical Traits:
    Athleticism – under average.
    Housework skills – good with chores and cooking.
    Good singer – can sing beautifully. Can get easily embarrassed though.

Mental Traits:
    Good memory – she has a large mental notepad.
    Observant – easily notices small minute details, although she may not know what they mean.
    Sibling love – really loves her brother.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – To contact her brother and vise versa.
    Frying pan – can be used to concoct a heavenly meal or beat up the occasional burglar.

I decided to not use character songs until I can find more fitting ones.
    [/quote]

Hmm, so the power to repel particles? In that case...

1) What's the maximum number of particles that she can repel? That is, what's the upper weight limit on her repelling ability?

2) How far can she repel objects from the focal point?

3) How fast can she repel objects? Could she repel, say, a pebble and turn it into a bullet?

4) How precise is her repelling ability? Could she, say, repel the specific atoms in a molecular compound while leaving the other atoms in place (like pushing the oxygen out of Carbon Dioxide, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    *shyly walks in* Uhm... Hi. I'm not really good with rp's, not a lot of experience, but I was wondering if I could still join.
    Of course! Welcome to Academy City, Lillith!

If so, I'd really like help with a character of mine. Especially to balance it and to see what is and what isn't allowed.
    That's what we're here for.

So uh... I guess to make it easy I'll just post up the idea that I'd like to use (and need help with to balance it out) if I'm allowed to join. You see I've been wanting to play a character for a while that is able to control molecules. Me and a friend of mine had discussed what a character might be able to do after lots of training and practise, with some knowledge of how stuff works. Because we figures that one could speed molecules up, causing fire, but also slow them down, creating ice. Charge them to cause lightning, or split them apart. You know, that kind of stuff.
    An interesting idea! However, I'm concerned that the power may be too broad. Most characters in the To Aru Majutsu no Index novel series that this game is based off of have powers that tend to exploit a single basic concept of physics, such as the redirection of velocity vectors or short range teleportation. It's not that the power you proposed is necessarily too powerful (plenty of our characters have staggering amounts of combat power), it's just that the broadness of it might not fit in quite as well.

Now I know that a character like that, would be really powerful, hence my character wouldn't exactly be a happy go lucky person, since I want to make some form of mental toll on it. Using the powers would for example cause... bipolar disorder, or maybe sever depression, or at least something that makes the character really reluctant to use his/her powers, since it would mentally be very painful.
    I don't think that's necessary. One of our characters controls light; if she wished, she could melt a solid block of concrete into a puddle just by glancing at it. Another character can kill people instantly by teleporting some object into their brain. And so forth. None of them have any debilitating mental conditions (though some of them are eccentric), and none of them need debilitating mental conditions to balance out their power. Since this is a freeform RP, we believe that "broken" or overpowered characters can be instead balanced by good sense and communication among players.

Also I'm not sure as to what level this would be or at what point of development the character would be, needing to develop those new skills or being an unstable weapon from the start.
    It is all up to you. What sort of character do you want to play? Do you want your character to have a mental condition with little control over her power? Do you want your character to be perfectly sane with good control over her power? Do you want her to start off being powerful, or end up being powerful? Or stay weak? Or stay powerful? It's entirely your choice.

But yeah... before even thinking about actually making a character, I should just hope that I can play along. So can I?
    You're most certainly welcome to join.

As for your character's power, here are my suggestions:

Break down the power that you have right now into identifiable components. From what you've just told me, it looks as if the power is made up of these things:

Thermal energy control; power over how quickly or slowly an atom or a group of atoms vibrate. I would not suggest going with this power, since someone else already has a pyrokinetic power in the works.

Nuclear fission; the splitting of atoms. No one in the game has a power quite like this, if I recall correctly.

Electrokinesis; the ability to manipulate the charge on an atom, and ultimately the control over lightning. Unfortunately, there also is another character who controls lightning at the moment.

Now that we've broken down the power into these components, I would suggest that you pick nuclear fission (normally I'd suggest choosing among the three of them, but 2 of the 3 are already taken by other characters...), or perhaps try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Okay, only a few issues here. Firstly, we do already have a character who controls light. Luckily she does it in quite a different way to Seiko, but there is still some chance of overlap. Also, Seiko's power seem a little too flexible and controlled for a level 3 Esper. At first glance any of the three listed examples of its use would be potent enough on their own. Having all three at once (plus any others that are added later) gives him an arsenal of tricks that most other level 3s would envy.
    We already talked about this, actually; it was Frozen Feet and others who suggested that Arkturus make his character's power be optics (bending light). Though I may agree with you on that invisibility and illusions on top of redirecting light may be a little much for a level 3...though I'm sure that could be fixed by placing limitations on, say, the quality of the illusions, and how good the invisibility is.

Edit: Wow, ninja'ed like you would not believe.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-29 at 04:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #546

You know the funny thing? My second idea was a person who could read/control minds. Brainwashing people if at a higher level. Then I stumble on a character like that in the char list of the official series, stating that the character is also a level 5 Esper. Besides the fact that I appear to be unoriginal as a rock, I seem to have an attraction to too powerful powers. GAH No go for me again.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-08-29 at 04:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not, reading up on the termoligy and settings as we speak.

Yeah I get it now. Sorry, I'll try to think of something else. *ponders*

I think I need protection.
    Good, that should help give you some ideas about the setting and it's limitations.

And don't worry, I'm very good at what I do, you'll never feel a thing. In fact, it's already done.

Also, I still wouldn't mind giving a character ago that has become mentally unstable due to her powers. Now I just need to come up with a power that would fit that...
    Perfectly possible, though I have to ask...would she be unstable BECAUSE of her powers or because of what her powers do/how others react to it/etc. There's a difference between being unstable because of one's power and because one once did something terrible with their powers.

Edit: Apparently it's not true that I don't know anything about this series. My boyfriend showed me two episodes of Toaru Majutsu no Index. Wanted to see more but we ran out of time (long story). Thought I saw similarities but didn't put the connection there. <.<;
    Yeah, the To Aru Majutsu no Index setting is the same as the To Aru Kagaki no Railgun setting, though Index deals more with the 'Magic' side of the setting then the Esper one.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

You know the funny thing? My second idea was a person who could read/control minds. Brainwashing people if at a higher level. Then I stumble on a character like that in the char list of the official series, stating that the character is also a level 5 Esper. Besides the fact that I appear to be unoriginal as a rock, I seem to have an attraction to too powerful powers. GAH No go for me again.
    1) Don't feel too bad about playing a character whose power appears in the canon series. *points at Callos de Terran's Kasusa Sakurako >.>*

2) Again, sheer power isn't quite an issue unless your character has the ability to, like, effortlessly nuke the city or something. Just make something reasonable and we'll do our best to help you work out the kinks.

Let's go back to your original atomic manipulation power. What was it that you were going for for this power? Was it giving your character the ability to exert some form of control on atoms? Or were you trying to achieve another end through it (nuclear fission, thermal control, etc.)?
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-29 at 04:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Telepathy could work actually. The level 5 esper of the original series is...never seen or (to my knowledge) does anything so the power is rarely seen. More importantly, that character is level five because of all they can do with it.

reading other peoples memories, changing a person's personality by means of brain-wash, telepathy, memory elimination, amplification of will, reproduction of thought and transplantation of emotions.
    That's most of what Level 5 telepathy can do. If you take out some of those (or a lot) of those abilities then you end up with a Level 2-4 telepath. Personally, I'm surprised no one's suggested a telepath sooner. I think, if you want to make one, then you should go for it. After all, someone teleports in canon but we have a teleporter of our own in our game. It all depends on who's using the power and what they are like.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #550

Telepathy could work actually. The level 5 esper of the original series is...never seen or (to my knowledge) does anything so the power is rarely seen. More importantly, that character is level five because of all they can do with it.

That's most of what Level 5 telepathy can do. If you take out some of those (or a lot) of those abilities then you end up with a Level 2-4 telepath. Personally, I'm surprised no one's suggested a telepath sooner. I think, if you want to make one, then you should go for it. After all, someone teleports in canon but we have a teleporter of our own in our game. It all depends on who's using the power and what they are like.
    Hmmm, it sounds really interesting to create a telepath that is able to do some things, making it that she would be able to gain some of those other powers if she'd 'level up' so to speak. Might be a fun idea to make it that she's been hearing voices in her head her whole life, or since puberty hit... but only recently it has been discovered that it was her hearing other peoples thoughts. That by now she already has gained some control over it, but is slightly nuts cause of the hearing thousands of voices at the same time. You know I can work with this.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-08-29 at 04:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    I don't think that's necessary. One of our characters controls light; if she wished, she could melt a solid block of concrete into a puddle just by glancing at it. Another character can kill people instantly by teleporting some object into their brain. And so forth. None of them have any debilitating mental conditions...
    That might be because it seems most haven't used their powers to cause death or large scale destruction yet...

12. - Top - End - #552

I'm having trouble finding the character sheets on the wiki. Is there a link to a page or should I just copy one that has been made by others?

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

The character sheets can be found by going to the RP wiki and clicking on "characters" then scrolling down to a list. Here is the specific link for character sheets: http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

On the sidebar, there's a link reading "Characters". Once you've registered, that page gives you the option of "add character", which gives you an empty sheet to fill.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm having trouble finding the character sheets on the wiki. Is there a link to a page or should I just copy one that has been made by others?
    Well, before you make a character on the wiki, put up your character here first so we can iron out any more problems.

Once that's done, register at the wiki (password is 'biribiri') then click characters on the side bar. You'll come the characters page and there will be a field you can enter in your character's name (last then first, if Japenese) and hit add character. It will take you to a sheet to fill out then.

16. - Top - End - #556

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    On the sidebar, there's a link reading "Characters". Once you've registered, that page gives you the option of "add character", which gives you an empty sheet to fill.
    I signed up and tried to add my name but it says only members, admins and selected moderators can do it. Am I pressing the wrong button? (sorry I'm horrible when it comes to computers) Also I am logged in.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-08-29 at 05:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

You most likely didn't type the site's password yet. See Callos's post.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Pixie in the Playground

I made a list for Seiko's level of power. Dropped the sunburn/tan power.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1: Can change color of small lights (LED sized). Seiko is also able to make lights slightly dimmer. Target needs to be in sight.

Level 2: Can change color of larger lights (light bulb sized) and make lights significantly dimmer. Able to produce a faint, simple, and static image. Target needs to stay in sight.

Level 3: Can change color of large lights (street lamp to spotlight sized) and make them dark. Able to produce well-defined, complex, and static images (or faint and moving). Can become transparent. Target needs to be in sight. Can control light in peoples’ eyes.

Level 4: Can change color of very large lights (movie theater screen sized) and make them dark. Able to produce well-defined, complex, and moving images. Can become fully invisible and other people in a 2 foot radius. Target does not need to be in sight. Can control light in peoples’ eyes.

Level 5: Can change color of huge lights (think the huge TV displays in New York except 3 times bigger). Able to produce well-defined, complex, and moving images. Can become fully invisible and make others within a 5 foot radius invisible too. Target does not need to be in sight. Can control light in peoples’ eyes.

Something like that. I'm wondering if I should have him start out as 3 and move up to 4 or start as 4.

I still need to think out the specifics for Mitsu's power.
    Last edited by Arkturus; 2010-08-29 at 05:59 PM.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Pixie in the Playground

I thought of a telepathic character before (it was my first character). But he became too broken (and just plain weird) and I scraped him.

Maybe you guys can help me make him less broke.

Name: Kyo Kuuhaku (Kyo=mirror) (Kuuhaku=Blank space)
    Groups: ???
    Spoiler
    Show

Description

Appearance:
    Kyo is a slender boy with short gray hair and glasses. His face expresses little emotion, making it hard to tell what he’s thinking.

He adheres to the Onizuka Middle school dress code, wearing the normal school uniform. Kyo’s casual clothing consists of jeans and t-shirts.

Personality:
    Kyo harbors several personalities. This is because he is a compilation of many people’s memories (many of these were criminals).

His default personality is a stoic that contains only a small trace of emotion. A fountain of knowledge and a jack-of-all-trades. A loner type of person, suspicious of people. Neutral Good.

Berserker is Kyo’s aggressive personality, built of hatred and fueled by anger. Usually has a scowl on his face and constantly irritated. Foregoes the glasses. He hates all of existence, including himself.

Sorrow is Kyo’s remorseful personality, filled with sad and painful memories. His mouth normally forms a bitter smile. He can cry tears of blood.

Joker is Kyo’s joyful personality, consisting of happy memories (however strange). He seems normal but under the surface he is sadistic madman. Takes pleasure in all kinds of pain.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Telepathy and Memory Leech

Kyo is a level 3 telepath. Can communicate telepathically with a people within his AIM Field. This is done by relaying words, images, or feelings.

If certain conditions are met, Kyo can absorb a person’s memory and integrate it with his own (conditions yet to be made) leaving the target with permanent amnesia.

Additional Uses:

Physical Traits:
    Physical fitness – around average strength but has lots of stamina.
    Jack-of-all-trades – comes for housing the memory of at least 100 people.
    Pragmatic fighter – from martial arts to using household objects in creative ways he can take people out with varying degrees of fatality.

Mental Traits:
    Multiple personalities – the more the crazier.
    Fountain of knowledge – another perk of having a whole bunch of people crammed into your head.
    Tactician– makes use of his knowledge and experience.

Notable Equipment:
    Swiss army knife – never leave home without it.
    Bag of knick-knacks – a small bag full of random things from band-aids to zippers.

I had some tragic back story of being experimented on by Academy city's scientist.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560

Okay, I'll work on my char tomorrow then (It's past 1am here). Reason I asked was because I wanted the 'blank char sheet' to see what I had to fill in. Since people had like 'physical abilities' on there that I wondered if there was a list or something. Also *red face* where do you type in biribiri? Is that supposed to be my password for my account? If so I'll have to change it <.<;

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

The password goes to the first page of the wiki.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Innis' post (the last one on the previous page) is a good example of what to put down.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Firbolg in the Playground

I thought of a telepathic character before (it was my first character). But he became too broken (and just plain weird) and I scraped him.

Maybe you guys can help me make him less broke.

Name: Kyo Kuuhaku (Kyo=mirror) (Kuuhaku=Blank space)
    Groups: ???
    Spoiler
    Show

Description

Appearance:
    Kyo is a slender boy with short gray hair and glasses. His face expresses little emotion, making it hard to tell what he’s thinking.

He adheres to the Onizuka Middle school dress code, wearing the normal school uniform. Kyo’s casual clothing consists of jeans and t-shirts.

Personality:
    Kyo harbors several personalities. This is because he is a compilation of many people’s memories (many of these were criminals).

His default personality is a stoic that contains only a small trace of emotion. A fountain of knowledge and a jack-of-all-trades. A loner type of person, suspicious of people. Neutral Good.

Berserker is Kyo’s aggressive personality, built of hatred and fueled by anger. Usually has a scowl on his face and constantly irritated. Foregoes the glasses. He hates all of existence, including himself.

Sorrow is Kyo’s remorseful personality, filled with sad and painful memories. His mouth normally forms a bitter smile. He can cry tears of blood.

Joker is Kyo’s joyful personality, consisting of happy memories (however strange). He seems normal but under the surface he is sadistic madman. Takes pleasure in all kinds of pain.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Telepathy and Memory Leech

Kyo is a level 3 telepath. Can communicate telepathically with a people within his AIM Field. This is done by relaying words, images, or feelings.

If certain conditions are met, Kyo can absorb a person’s memory and integrate it with his own (conditions yet to be made) leaving the target with permanent amnesia.

Additional Uses:

Physical Traits:
    Physical fitness – around average strength but has lots of stamina.
    Jack-of-all-trades – comes for housing the memory of at least 100 people.
    Pragmatic fighter – from martial arts to using household objects in creative ways he can take people out with varying degrees of fatality.

Mental Traits:
    Multiple personalities – the more the crazier.
    Fountain of knowledge – another perk of having a whole bunch of people crammed into your head.
    Tactician– makes use of his knowledge and experience.

Notable Equipment:
    Swiss army knife – never leave home without it.
    Bag of knick-knacks – a small bag full of random things from band-aids to zippers.

I had some tragic back story of being experimented on by Academy city's scientist.
    I can honestly say...due to how you've got his DID's...I don't care much for the character. Dissociative identity disorder dosn't operate like that...along with the fact that it's a barely understood (and sometimes out right denied) mental disorder. Not saying this to be rude or anything, but the basis of the character's mental state, and thus how he'd play out, is a little to rough for me to seperate from.

We've also got another proposed Telepath, so I'd prefer if we see what Lillth comes up with before we work on this guy.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

24. - Top - End - #564

I'll put this here for you guys to review to see if this is a proper 'level guide' for a telepath, before I go to bed. I'm think about making my character a 3. But it's not definite yet. Anyways, here's my concepts concept:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Function
    Level 0
    Able to read shallow memories and thoughts. Not able to ´shut it off´
    Level 1
    Able to read thoughts and memories. Can control this ability.
    Level 2
    Able to read thoughts and memories and force her way into someone’s mind. Results in being able to communicate with the target.
    Level 3
    Able to read thoughts and memories and slightly able to change memories (Like making someone forget that stupid thing you just said or where they put their keys) and emotions (a person in front of you is mad at you, but you can calm him down).
    Level 4
    All of the above but adding ability to influence a persons memory seriously. Creating fake memories or deleting existent ones.
    Level 5
    Reading peoples memories and thoughts, brainwashing, telepathy, memory elimination, amplification of will, reproduction of thought and transplantation of emotions.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I can honestly say...due to how you've got his DID's...I don't care much for the character. Dissociative identity disorder dosn't operate like that...along with the fact that it's a barely understood (and sometimes out right denied) mental disorder. Not saying this to be rude or anything, but the basis of the character's mental state, and thus how he'd play out, is a little to rough for me to seperate from.

We've also got another proposed Telepath, so I'd prefer if we see what Lillth comes up with before we work on this guy.
    Exactly why I scrapped him. Plus I am currently working on other characters so Kyo doesn't have to be made.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

Name: Mitsu (Light) Intoku (Concealment)
    Level: 4
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Mitsu is a shy girl. She has long blue hair and purple eyes. She wears the regular Onizuka uniform. When out of school, Mitsu often wears long skirts or dresses.

Personality:
    Mitsu is a timid and innocent girl. Though, she can be cutely stubborn at times. Mitsu takes some time to warm up to others. When she does, Mitsu is a loyal and caring friend. She sticks around Seiko a lot.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Repel (working name)
    Mitsu can choose a focal point inside her AIM field and repels anything of her choice from that point. She can change the size and shape of the repelling field.

Additional Uses:
    Most often used to repel attacks. Can be used to repel photons to create darkness and sounds to create silence. She can also use it to repel the ground so she can levitate. Can also be used to repel oxygen from a person so they suffocate.

Physical Traits:
    Athleticism – under average.
    Housework skills – good with chores and cooking.
    Good singer – can sing beautifully. Can get easily embarrassed though.

Mental Traits:
    Good memory – she has a large mental notepad.
    Observant – easily notices small minute details, although she may not know what they mean.
    Sibling love – really loves her brother.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – To contact her brother and vise versa.
    Frying pan – can be used to concoct a heavenly meal or beat up the occasional burglar.

I decided to not use character songs until I can find more fitting ones.
    I sort of have an objection to her powers... They sort of step on the toes of my character (Repelling things. You do matter, and I do momentum. But it's the same visual effect)

Really, my character's abilities are already rather close to Kasanips. I don't think we need all of this unnecessary overlap.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry, didn't realize that. I think that Mitsu's ability is more like a force field that is like a very selective filter. It can only block specific things. The ability is still in the making.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

Just wondering when everything for the night is going to be wrapped up and tomorrow starting. That does not mean I want you guys to hurry up, just what I should be looking for when you guys are starting to wrap up. (The reason is Jason is out of commission until the next morning.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #569
    Pixie in the Playground

Holy cow, I'm playing a girl!

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Hazuma Alanna
    Aliases: Ala, Ala-chan
    Level: 2
    Groups: Onizuka(?) High School

Description:

Appearance: Ala is fairly average for a girl her age, though slightly on the short side. She also has a tendency of slouching slightly in a shy manner, so it’s hard to tell exactly how tall she is. Her hair is naturally a platinum blond, reaching just past her shoulders, though it is usually held up and away from her face somehow. She has large blue eyes and delicate facial features that generally give her a youthful, innocent sort of look.
    While she occasionally wears a few pieces of jewelry; bracelets, earrings or the like; it is always modest and in moderation. Similarly when out of school, her clothing tends to be modest and uninteresting.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: One would describe Ala as a quiet person, which makes sense considering her inability to speak. However the rest of her personality seems to follow suit. Ala comes off as shy, easily flustered, and generally rather naïve.
    She can however occasionally be seen to show a bit of spark and attitude, mainly when having to scold Takeshi for something, though with frantic signing and chiding looks in lieu of actual verbal scolding.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Mend
    Ala’s power is known as Mend, allowing her to return broken or damaged objects to their previously undamaged or original state by re-arranging its original molecular structure. To effectively use this power, Ala requires a base knowledge of the original make up of the object. The more complex an object is the more energy it takes from Ala to return it to its original state.
    This power can heal wounds on organic objects, though it takes a considerable amount of energy to accomplish. Ala requires all, or at most the majority, of the original pieces of the object or several similar objects pieces to recreate an object. This requirement does not fall on biological matter.

Physical Traits:
    Mute
    Sign language: Alanna is completely fluent in various forms of sign language.

Mental Traits:
    Meek

Notable Equipment:
    iPad: Alanna tends to carry this with her wherever she goes, so that she can write out notes to people who do not know sign language, or when she is without an interpreter.

Notebook and pen:
    She carries this in the event that she doesn’t have her iPad with her, or in case it is more convenient

A kick scooter: When on her own, Ala tends to use this to get around!
    Spoiler
    Show

Cell phone: Used mostly to receive messages from Takeshi, as given his power, she isn’t always able to return calls or texts when his number continues to change.

30. - Top - End - #570

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mongoose View Post
    Cell phone: Used mostly to receive messages from Takeshi, as given his power, she isn’t always able to return calls or texts when his number continues to change.]
    Isn't always able? This would imply that she could return a call, being mute.

Pointless nitpicking aside, I like her. Even if I was thinking up a mute character before. (I have since gone with something else)