New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] ISF HQ

1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] ISF HQ

Security Room

As he grabs the mono-wire grenade, it goes off, firing dozens of needles out in a half circle from the ground. While they aren't aimed at his body(going straight up and to the sides), his hand is definitely in the way. If he's hit, they'll go right through to pierce the walls and dig in. Behind each needle is a long trail of mono-wire.

Picking up grenades is a bad idea.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Security Room

Gordon snarls as the wires go through his hand. He takes out a knife and tries to cut his hand free of the wires. After that, Gordon turns to faces the incoming troops. They aren't going to take him from behind.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

Monowire, being what it is, will slice through the knife instead of it being the other way around, but he'll slice through one of the three wires before it cuts all the way through the blade.

It may be easier just to pull his hand back and let the wire cut itself free. Of course, his hand would be useless, but when needs must...

Behind him the security door opens, and there's a click of a pilot light followed by the ominous sound of a jet of flame igniting. It seems someone has a flamethrower. "Gordon, it's over." Vasquez says.

4. - Top - End - #574

Security Room

Gordon pulls his hand free, well, he knew he would be hurting from this trip.

"Ah, Commander Vasquez, I've been looking for you."

With his working hand concealed by his body, he pulls out his grapple gun, and aims it for the ceiling, waiting for the sound of a weapon going off before trying to use the suddenly change in location to dodge.

(And deadtime for tonight)

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Room

He'll see Vasquez, a couple feet on the other side of the doorway, in her full suit of power armor, with a nozzle from a spray unit attached to her wrist. Behind her are a half dozen other Mortal Coil members, supported by a dozen ISF guards with the sound of more on the way. Vasquez fires her flamethrower, filling nearly all of the width and length of the hallway with flame, but doesn't seem inclined to follow him at all. Since the room isn't very tall (standard 8ft), he'll likely be trapped between the ceiling, and the rising of burning death.

Further in the hallway, Dizzy is washed over by the flames, but doesn't appear to be affected by them other than making her groan and stir.

On the plus side, he doesn't have to worry about the monowire as the heat snaps the strands.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-01-23 at 01:27 AM.

6. - Top - End - #576

Security Room

Gordon, safely on the ceiling, watches as Vasquez fires.

"Nice weapon, but how about we test out one of mine."

Gordon, with a shug of his shoulders, loosens a round object from within his tenchcoat, and flings it at the area behind Vasquez. On impact, it should create a temporary forcefield, sealing Vasquez off from her backup. Of course, should someone hit in the air, the forcefield will form when it was hit.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

(Um...as far as I can tell, I'm not sure he should be able to do that. After all, isn't one hand horribly mangled by the monowire and the other holding him up on the grapple gun? )

8. - Top - End - #578

(His shoulders are fine, and for the fling, its an arm movement, not a hand moment. You can have it land at the wrong spot, but it possible, but very painful and tricky to do.)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

(Flinging something usually requires the use of fingers to hold it if you're to have a decent chance at success. )

10. - Top - End - #580

(Well, when you are mainly trying for distance, its more of the arm. Sure it might bounce off the judge's head, but you got far enough. I did say it was possible for him to miss his throw.)

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

The ball lands where intended, but since she was a few feet beyond the doorway(as mentioned), that means two other Mortal Coil members, who were coming up next to the doorway, are trapped with her. She cuts off the flame unit, and the nozzle slides back into her suit. "That wasn't for you." She says.

There's a groan from back down the hallway as Dizzy stands, her uniform burning off to reveal a bronze chainmail. "It was for me." The dragonkin says before tossing her overheated pistol under Gordon.

The extreme heat and the sudden jolt makes the bullets fire randomly, a half dozen. One hits Vasquez's armor, but doesn't leave even a scratch.

12. - Top - End - #582

Security Room

Gordon gets a bullet through his cheek, and drops down.

"Charming. But really, what I came here was to talk. Sure, we can have the talk after I hurt the lot of you, or we can do so now, but that's your choice."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

"Alright, talk."
    Vasquez says as she draws a heavy pistol. "Any tricks, and you're dead." She says matter-of-factly. The two M.C. members next to her kneel down, one leveling a shotgun at him, the other holding some sort of automatic laser rifle.

Behind them, another Mortal Coil member puts away his gun and his oversized fists begin to crackle with electricity.

14. - Top - End - #584

Security Room

Gordon tilts his head, a faint smile on his face.

"Okay then. You know Kore, the guy you didn't let in, well. You see, he doesn't actually work for me. For some reason, he decided to try and spy on you and pretended to be one of my people. Bit odd, but there you go."

Gordon shrugs his shoulders.

"But getting to the point, I made a promise to get him in here if I could, so here's my offer. You let him join, you and him sign a contract that he won't spy on you, and everybody's happy. Or, you can refuse, and I have my people start blowing up things like houses, malls, you get the idea."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

First off, it's extremely unlikely anyone could bully rent-a-cops into letting someone join, let alone a Special Ops unit. Next, telling them that Kore is the one who's supposed to join doesn't help, and finally...

Gordon partitioning for someone to join, means that Kore now has no chance of joining at all.

As he talks, two things happen.

Dizzy unlocks her Security Office door and heads into it.

And Fred, the one with the shock gauntlets, slams his fists into the force field to try and overload it and shut it off. He ignores the electrical feedback as it fries him, and keeps his fists against the shield.

Once he's done talking, Vasquez doesn't even bother to reply and simply opens fire at him. Her bullets are much more dense, made to pierce armor, and she's soon followed by the other two. The man with the shotgun aims high, in case he jumps, and the man with the laser rifle lets off a fusillade of shots horizontally, at about hip level, in case he tries to duck or dive out of the way.

They don't make deals with terrorists.

They kill them.

16. - Top - End - #586

Security Room

Hey, Gordon knew that it was a long shot. And now, he has no reason to play nice. Gordon takes out a gemstone, and uses it to fuel a spell to protect himself.

"Stupid fools. You can hurt me, but you can't stop me."

Pointing his damaged hand at the trio, Gordon tries to project his barrier towards them. Sure, Fred will break the forcefield before they are crushed, but its likely they will be pushed back. In the meantime, he tries drink a healing potion with his working hand.

(I was really hoping that it wouldn't come to this. But villians are not good at taking no for an answer, that a bit why they are villians, and so playing his reaction differently doesn't make sense to me. True, this is largely my fault, but I get caught up in the moment, and forget to think things through.)
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-01-23 at 10:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

Given how fast Mortal Coil reacted, he should have been hit at least a few times. As they would have opened fire, and he would have had to take the time to pull out a gem and then cast the spell, right?
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-01-23 at 10:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588

Security Point

Fine, Gordon gets hit a number of times, but that's not going to bring him down so easily.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Office

The three are pushed back, but Fred ups the amps in his fists, and breaks through the field before collapsing. It's not obvious whether he's alive or dead.

Dizzy's door opens again, and she steps out into the hallway right after he drinks the potion. She's holding a shotgun, one from the security office, and fires at his back, slug rounds, so while there's less massive damage, it's heavy enough to puncture armor.

Gordon may hear one of the combat mages that Mortal Coil has weaving a counterspell, getting ready to get rid of his barrier.

He'll also hear Vasquez's next order. "Units on the surface! This is Vasquez, look for his entrance tunnel!"

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Unsecure Security?

Eileen, meanwhile, having been alerted, rushes to the scene.

She'll try her best to press her way into the situation, grab Fred, and drag him out, while applying a Cure Serious Wounds spell, witout getting hit in the crossfire.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #591

Security Point

Gordon rocks forward as the slugs hit him. And now, he makes his move, he cancels the barrier, and rushes forward towards Vasquez, shedding his tenchcoat for more speed. Should he get within arm's reach of her, he will tries to use the last blood magic power he has, the ability of Requiem to manipulate souls. In other words, he's going to try to rip the majority of her soul out of her body.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

(I take it his hand will tear through her armor? Or how does it work? Just want it described is all. No worries, good chance it'll happen.)

23. - Top - End - #593

(From what I remember, it goes right through the physical stuff to the soul itself. What it would look like from the outside would be Gordon's hand surrounded by purplish smoke, then going right through the armor and into the chest, then pulling out. Through, the soul isn't really visable, Gordon was going to stuff it inside a gemstone he has inside his armor. Then would like come Vasquez falling over, as you kind of need your soul to be alive, but since he's not taking all of it, she should likely be alive, just in a coma.)
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-01-23 at 11:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Security Point

Gordon will feel her soul tear off from her body, but that's when he hits a snag. Mortal Coil, as mentioned before, has made a pact with Horus(The Egyptian God of Victory) and Hel (Norse Goddess of Death), to have their souls safeguarded, so upon death, or the like, their souls are taken to one of the afterlives to await resurrection.

"The like" includes if their souls are removed from the bodies.

So, Gordon will instantly feel unclean and be able to smell rotting flesh and raw hot iron in the air as a black tendril takes Vasquez's soul from him, even taking what little was left in her body, killing her, to Hel's domain.

Most of the others don't see it, and Gordon might be able to, but Eileen definitely will. Fred will also be healed mostly, but it'll likely take another dose to fix him all the way.

Now that Gordon's shield is gone, and he's close enough, all those who are close enough open fire (about a dozen people) with various weapons, ranging from shotguns to laser rifles, as Vasquez's body falls..

Dizzy is clipped by a shot and she yelps before ducking behind her armored door.

(Sorry if this didn't work out the way you intended, but I've said several times before that their souls are safeguarded.)

25. - Top - End - #595

(Okay, I'm going to be deadtiming for a while. A little rule I have decided on. When something really ticks me off, its not a good time to be doing this. Should have never have let that recon happen.)

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Eileen would call down a Flame Strike, but she is, at the moment, too busy administering a second healing spell to Fred before.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-01-23 at 11:47 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

27. - Top - End - #597

(Okay, feeling better now. Now then, this seems a little unfair. I can unstand the protection, but killing the person just because they had a part of their soul taken out? That doesn't make sense. Having a God take the soul, but leave the person still alive I can see, but killing the person, that doesn't make sense.)

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

(It's an all or nothing deal for Mortal Coil. You can't really call someone's soul back to a comatose person, nor can you resurrect them since their body is still alive. There are a few other technicalities that I'll let others find out IC.

Now, that aside, I really am sorry that this isn't turning out the way you thought it would, but as I said in OOC, it wasn't going to be easy. And...well, to be honest, you picked one of the worst ways to do it.)

29. - Top - End - #599

(Is it too much to ask for a recon here? This isn't really that fun, and I would much rather you still have your charcter. Please? Its been a long day, and I'm not feeling so good right now. I'm not asking for Gordon to win, just asking so Gordon didn't show up here at all.)
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-01-24 at 12:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

((Retcons are becoming far too common. <_< If a character gets in over their head, just handwaving "oh! It didn't happen" is cheap, I'm afraid. And I don't think Wolfy's lost a character...))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew