New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] ISF HQ

1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] ISF HQ

Carl's Place

Carl almost tells her that breakfast could wait, wanting to hold her close longer and possibly other things, but turns the thought away. First off, he was hungry, and second off, he didn't trust himself not to get too carried away. Instead, he gives her a quick peck, a smile, and begins to serve the food. "I hope you realize that this means I'm going to have to get you something awesome as well." He says only half-jokingly.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

"Nuh-uh. This is a thank you present for doing the Flooding with me. And everything else you helped me with,"
    Sunny says.

Breakfast! Omnomnom...
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

He eats breakfast as well, giving her a slight smile all the time. She'll probably notice he's thinking about getting her something as well. After a moment though, a question comes to mind. "Do you think these could be connected to my armor?"

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

"Sure. I could do it, but since I'm not allowed to look at your armor, I can give schematics of the boots to Mortal Coil's engineer instead."
    Sunny says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

Carl gives her a bit of a smile after glancing at the boots. "Sunny, if I show these to Vasquez when she gets back, I doubt you'll need to worry about security clearance ever again."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

"How come?" Sunny asks. "I still work for Magtok."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

"True, but everyone here likes you, even Vasquez. It's hard for her to think of outsiders, especially civilians, like that. Sure, she likely wouldn't let you know our attack plans, and all of our equipment, but mechanical and technological stuff like our armor and vehicles? I could probably convince her to even pay you for your services if you want. Not an official job, but something like a contractor."

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

"I know a lot about your armour already, because I can hear it," Sunny says. "I promised Edijar that I wouldn't reveal anything about it."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

He gives her a nod. "I thought you did, given your talent with all other machines. Also, as far as I know, we don't have any conflict with Magtok at the moment except that he's an AMEN member, and from the last reports, he fought on our side in the last attack. Besides... " he says before giving her a smile. "I trust you."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

"I know you do. But I won't do anything that will get you in trouble," Sunny says. And her smile fades. "I hope Vasquez is back soon."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

He gives her a gentle smile and takes her hand, giving it a squeeze. "She will be, I promise. Just a few more days. When she is, I'll talk to her, and then you won't have to worry about me getting in trouble."

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

Sometime later, after more snuggles and getting dressed in proper clothes, Sunny and Carl head out to socialize with the other off-duty Mortal Coil members.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Recreation Center

Carl, hovering and "walking" next to Sunny, smiling, guides her to a small building a little out of the way. Inside, she'll see an open bar off to one side, staffed by Dizzy. Around the pool table are a couple others who seem to be a bit busy trying to out-trick each other to notice their entrance.

"Hiya Sunny! Carl..."
    her voice trails off when she notices Carl's new height, and she rushes over. Before he can react, she grabs one of his feet from midair and lifts it, causing him to cry out as he's thrown off kilter. "Holy ****! O.o"

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

Sunny giggles, knowing that Carl's gear will keep him from falling, but that he has to regain his balance himself. "Hi Dizzy. I got tired of bending down when I wanted to kiss my boyfriend."

Yes, she still takes great delight in calling Carl her boyfriend.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

Dizzy can't help but laugh before tipping Carl back into place. "Can't say I blame you." The dragonkin smiles and gestures at the boots. "Two questions. Did you make those? And if so, how can I get a pair?" By now, the other two have taken notice. She'll recognize Riley, but the other is someone new. He's a brawny looking human with a couple oil smears on his face. Probably a mechanic.

The two approach as well, smiling, and the one with oil smears looks at the boots, muttering to himself as he tries to pick them apart in his mind.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

"Mhm, I made them while he was on double shifts this past week," Sunny says. "I can make you some, but what would you want them for? Carl's are optimized for making up the height difference."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

Dizzy scratches a patch of scales on her cheek as she thinks. "Thrust and speed mostly I think. I wouldn't have to go really high." Fred nods. "And I'll take the same I guess." The mechanic says nothing, instead taking a seat and pulling out a well used moleskine notebook to write things down. Dizzy suddenly looks slightly concerned. "How much do you think it'd cost us? I wouldn't want you to get nothing for them."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

Sunny frowns. "I can put together some more prototypes for you to play with, but if you want this for your work, I need a design brief. I don't know enough about combat to come up with functional specs on my own."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

"Um..."
    Dizzy looks lost for a moment, but the mechanic comes back, tearing a page out of his grimy notebook and offering it to Sunny. "This'll have all you need. As soon as boss comes back, ah'll see about getting you more details. And ah never did get to thank you for working on the vehicles."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

"You're welcome,"
    Sunny says, and looks over the notes, recognizing a fellow engineer at once. "Hmm... would you need this to automatically synchronize the cardinal grammaters? Or would a biphasic capacitation system be optimal?"

Of course she's too caught up in technobabble to get an introduction.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

The machanic has techno-babble for his first language, so it's likely going to be a while before they're done talking.

Taking advantage of the moment, Carl heads over to the bar and begins mixing a few drinks for everyone.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

By the time Carl arrives with the drinks, the two engineers have realized there will be three versions at least. The heavies will simply get emergency thrust and featherfall, as firing any kind of heavy weaponry while hovering would be insane. The standard boots will have more options.

But for the wraiths - they've come up with all sorts of options. Someone mentioned the Matrix. Sunny had never seen it, but after viewing some NexTube videos, she had the basic idea.

(It was a good thing the engineering problem was so interesting, because it drowned out the little voice inside her that was cowering in terror at the thought of being in mid-air like that. Helpless.)

Sunny gives Carl a distracted smile and sips at whatever drink he hands her, while returning at once to the discussion of gyroscopes and motors and emp shielding and so on.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

Carl gives Sunny a mixture of juice and tea, not knowing if she can drink anything alcoholic. He gives her a quick peck on the cheek as he delivers it before moving away to let the mechanic, Geoff, and her continue to speak.

He sips his scotch and sighs, relaxing on the couch. Dizzy flops down next to him with a smile and pats his shoulder. "She's a lucky girl Carl." She says quietly.

Carl looks up at her with a bit of a smirk. "Jealous?"

She snorts. "Of course I am, but those hoverboots will go a long way towards forgiveness." She says jokingly before looking behind her when a black hand is set on her shoulder. "Besides..." Says Fred. "I'll be sure to keep her too busy to worry about it."

Carl can't help but chuckle.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-02-01 at 01:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

[Firing Range]

Anatolij is there, shooting. Mostly because his player feels like doing something with him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

Maybe Anatolij can come to the Rec Center after a shooting montage and interact with other players?

After a long time spent in note taking and technobabble, Sunny and Geoff get around to shoe sizes, which brings Sunny back into the necessity of noticing the other non-engineers in the room and realizing that she has no idea how long it's been since they started.

She looks up at Carl, and sees him laughing with his friends, and feels a rush of happiness and pride. He really likes me. He doesn't think I'm a freak. It still seems amazing to her. And utterly wonderful.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Revivification Chamber

Arla mutters to herself, alone in the room as she walks around the chamber opposite of Taul. They're both dressed in ceremonial robes and lost in complete concentration. Taul slices his palm and lets his blood drip along even as Arla pours out a vial of clear oil. One of them could do this, but it was less taxing on their bodies and minds when they both did.

Hel

Vasquez ceases the pounding of her hammer when she feels a presence slowly grow behind her. She doesn't do anything but nod, causing her charred skin to crack and pieces fall upon the freshly finished sword. The flakes burst into flame as her own essence is added to the blade. "It is time. How long?"

Even though Hel doesn't speak, the willing prisoner smiles a bit. "Six months just for me? I'm honored." Vasquez says with a slight smirk. "Very well, send me back. You'll see me again soon enough."

Revivification Chamber

Taul sets a severed finger in the middle of the circle, and steps out, just in time for them to finish the ritual. There's a flash of boiling heat and the smell of scorched flesh, but when it's gone, Vasquez stands in the circle, whole.

Mostly.

She gives the two clerics a nod before stepping out to gather the things they've set aside for her. Her armor was there, and for a moment, she almost puts it on, but instead chooses to wear something less confining for once. The siblings leave her alone as she gets dressed, tired and needing a rest before reviving someone else.

The Commander looks over her things, and decides that she might as well get the first thing done. Bending over her armor, she flicks several microlocks on it's right shoulder, detaching the arm. With a grunt, she takes it and jams it into it's slot where her arm should be. There's a few clicks and she gives it a twist, locking it into place. She gives a sigh of relief when she flexes it, feeling whole once more.

After attaching her arm, she pulls on a uniform, not bothering to keep it neat. She then grabs a small scalpel to do something...messy.

Rec Center

A few minutes after Sunny begins taking foot measurements, the door opens. Vasquez takes in the scene with a glance before heading right to the bar. "Anyone else need something hard?" She asks with a smirk after pulling out a bottle of scotch, holding it in her heavily bandaged left hand.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-02-01 at 08:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Centre

Sunny smiles when she sees Vasquez, surprised to see her out of her armor, and noticing the mechanical arm. She'd been aware that Vasquez had cybenetics, but had deliberately tried not to look closely with her special senses, since she knew it was classified.

She waves at Vasques as she makes a mold of Dizzy's feet with some fast setting epoxy.

It probably tickles.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-02-01 at 08:55 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center
    "It's nice to see you out here too Sunny."

Dizzy grits her teeth as Fred watches and smirks. "Shaddup." Carl waves over at Vasquez with a smile as Geoff approaches her. "Ma'am, we'd like to ask you something." He says, offering a sheaf of papers to her. Curious, the woman takes them and looks them over as she sips her drink. "Hoverboots? What would you need my permission for?" She pauses when it hits her. "Oh."

She stops for a moment, thinking. "Sunny, we can do the paperwork later, but do you swear you won't tell Magtok anything you find out here if you can help it?"

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

Sunny looks at Vasquez with a serious expression. "I know why it has to be kept secret. I promise I won't share your technology with Magtok or anyone else."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

Vasquez smiles a bit, knowing that would have been the answer. "Good. You'll be paid for expenses as well as services, I'll make sure you get full schematics of our armor, weapons, and other upgrades." She gives a cough. "Even the non-standard ones. There are just some things that can't be shown in the blueprints."