New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy (GURPS 4E) IC

Michalson Barring

Michalson grabs his staff that has been leaning against the wall during the meeting. Unlike the rest of his possessions, it's obviously valuable - made of yew, adorned with carvings filled with black paint as well as metal ornaments - it is also enchanted. I will go and prepare, then. I look forward to working with all of you, he says, not very honestly. He then bows and heads out of the hall and to the Tower, likely catching up with Chaerleis.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Michalson and Charleis
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the two of you approach the tower, you see the Ogre (his name happens to be Grumsk, but everyone just seems to refer to him as the Ogre or Sindariel's Ogre) guarding the door to the tower as he usually does, when he isn't traipsing behind Sindariel. Dressed in furs, he looks up from sharpening his large highly stylized dwarven axe. No one's quite sure where he got the thing, especially since dwarves and ogres rarely get along. No one except Sindariel really shows the large ogre much respect. Sindariel on the other hand seems to dote on him, like an oversized puppy.

He looks at the two of you and grimaces, "Sinder want speak wit you. She say you bet not mess dis up. She up wit da books."

The tower itself was built with the aid of magic, over the last year. It had just been completed when everyone started falling ill. Inside the tower seems to defy logic, many of the rituals is the creation of the tower were similar to various summoning spells.

There are only a half a dozen other wizards within the tower. Many of them have taken ill with the same illness that is affecting the rest of the village of Immergrun. Although it is well understood that even though everyone is roughly of the same rank with in the tower except Sindariel, that the other six wizards have barely learned the basic spells.

Enyenya and Aderyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you follow the high druid back into the forest, he notice his posture slump forward. It is well known amongst the druids that he has grown as ill as the rest of them. As you walk he leans on his staff more and more. It probably took most of his energy to hide his illness from the rest of the congregation.

He looks over his shoulder at the two of you as he begins to speak,"I fear that you may be the last of us when you return, Enyenya. The one thing I could sense in our divinations, it that what ever is causing this gets stronger as you get closer to it. Because we are so far away, it has taken this long to cause this horrible illness. Be careful, for I suspect our closeness to the land makes us more vulnerable to its power.

Aderyn, tread carefully with your fellow companions, and take good care of this young one. The wizards are not to be trusted, even Charleis seems to have drifted far from our ways. As for the human priests, I'm not sure. We simply do not know enough about them, to trust them too much."

At that point, you seem to reach the trunk of a large tree. The base of the tree sits high off the ground, with the roots forming the large interior of the high druid's dwelling. As you enter, fireflies light the room. The interior is fairly spartan. In a few areas of the room it seems the tree has formed furniture of its own accord.

Alan and Malachi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Back at the Abbey the Bishop smiles at the young knight from across his desk, "I'm sorry, things have been quite hectic today. I should have made proper introduction earlier. My name is Bishop Gregory. And yes, I've heard many of the tales that you speak of. Until last year I would've sworn that they were all children's stories.

All I'm really sure about is where this taint is originating from. Many of us have been granted special gifts by our lord upon reaching this strange land. Some have become great healers, many of them were the first to fall ill. Others such as myself have been granted visions. In one of these visions I saw a large black claw piercing the lake far beneath the mountain where the river seems to originate. The claw emanates with a dark energy that pulses through the land. Fortunately that pulse grows weaker the further it gets from its source. It is apparent that we are well outside the range of the claws pulse. If it weren't for the river carrying the taint, we probably would never have been effected."

The bishop stands and smiles wearily as Malachi enters his office. His voice has grown weary, "Thank you my friend for joining this quest. Please have a seat."

The bishop sits down and seems to slump down in his chair. "Alan, Malachi here as helped many of us to understand the gifts, the lord has given us over the past year. There are seven other priests that reside with in this abbey. Over the last year the numbers of our congregation have grown, as many seemed to wonder in after becoming lost from their homes. Most of them are from England like your self, a few originate from France, Germany, Spain, and even Italy. I'm not sure where we are exactly, but I've seen many strange things to make me believe that the old children's stories are probably more true than I once believed.

The Abbey will supply the two of you with what we can. I must stress though, we are running short on supplies since few have been able to work over the past couple of weeks. Those who are not sick, have been caring for those who are."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Alan Bradsberry

Addressing Bishop Gregory, "There are but two things I feel I must have, and two I would like but are not as needful. First I do not know if any of the others in our party own group basics for travailing. Since I've lost what man I've had with me to those green skinned barbarians, no offense meant Malachi, I didn't see the need carry them any more. And what was it they were called, awks? The second would be as much food as we can reasonably carry and that you can spare, as well as skins for water. Hopefully we can find sources that aren't touched by the taint. I would like to stay healthy if I'm able. The first thing I would like is a bow and arrows, as strong a pull as can be managed. I lost mine during a the storm that sent me here. And while I can throw my axes farther then most any man They're a long way off from a bow's range. And the second thing I'd want is a Warhorse, failing that a riding horse will do. Preferably enough for everyone who wants one. A pack animal or two would be nice as well. For a while at least it looks like there'd be plenty of grazing for them. The sooner we can reach the source and stop it the better."

And sometime later towards Malachi, "And of what race are you exactly, for it's clear your not human. And what is this god of yours like? And what powers? Healing, visions, what else? And what makes that Demoness so formidable. Is she stronger then the ogre? Hurl hellfire? And who were those two that were at her beck and call? And lastly what would you ask of me?
    Last edited by Phunbaba; 2010-08-26 at 08:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Enyenya Silverblossom

"Don't say that!" comes Enyenya's alarmed reply. "You'll all be fine. I promise. We're gonna find whatever it is that's causing this and then make it... stop causing it." She sticks her tongue out. "Besides, I'm too young to be a religious leader!"

The pixie isn't at all awed by the interior of the tree - she's been here plenty of times. "...I hope you realise I can use Wizardly magic too, old man." She gives a huff! "So... what should we bring with us? It's not like we'll need to bring food with me around..."
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #35

As the druid moves away from the gathered council, Aderyn swoops down to walk with him. Or at least somewhere near him.

"Must we distrust them? It will be hard to travel together that way." She lets this hang for a time. "Maybe even harder to deal with the problem upstream."
    Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 2010-08-26 at 03:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson Barring

As Michalson heads in the direction of the library, he says to Charleis. If we screw up, I have a feeling we'll be better off if we get killed during the mission... He shakes his head. He respects Lady Sindariel, but she is intimidating.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #37

NecromancerGuy

Enyenya and Aderyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The druid gives Aderyn an appraising look, "You could be right, and suppose if we are going to build a community that works we will need to build trust in each other. Perhaps, you and Enyenya can set the example for the rest of us. The problem comes in with their ways not being our ways. I don't think they have the same amount of respect for the forest as the rest of us. As for the wizards, if Charleis who is or was one of the fae is any indication as to what they are willing to do. I mean meddling with those forces which are directly opposed to our way of living. I can only imagine what his mistress is willing and capable of doing."

Turning to the young pixie, he speaks with a weary voice, "I know, you're probably right. On that table I've gathered a few items that may make your journey easier, plus I'm unsure as to what dangers you may face as you get closer to the source."

As the two of you look on the table, you notice several herbs a few vials. Two of the herbs are quite common in the forest, garlic and wolfsbane. There are two bushels of each. Alongside the wolfsbane and garlic is a herb that is far more rare, you are unsure of its actual nature. The one of the two vials contains true water, while the other vial contains a universal antidote.

Alan and Malachi
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bishop gives an appraising eye to the young knight, "Yes, I can see you are use to command.

We can supply you with a bow, it is not warbow, and such isn't designed for the type of pull you are asking for, but it does have the range. We can also supply you with a couple of weeks worth of provisions and basic gear for travelling. Make a list and I will have one of the attendants see to it this evening.

As for the horses, we do not have any. When we came to this land, it was with little more than we have on our backs. Since coming here we haven't seen a horse.

The water is also going to be a problem. Hopefully the druids will be able to help us out on that end. What we have left of our supply of water are six vials of holy water that I want the two of you to take with you. I'm not sure if it will come in handy, but at least you'll have it just in case.
    Last edited by Lord Vampyre; 2010-08-26 at 04:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Enyenya Silverblossom

The pixie frowns a little bit. "No, their ways are not our ways. Their ways are their ways. They give respect to the Great Mother in their own way, as all creatures do. I don't see the problem." She crosses her arms over her chest. "...I agree that some of the things the Wizards do are... distasteful... The threat to the land is more important than that. The forest is more important than a plant, the land is more important than a forest, and the world is more important than the land. Isn't that what you taught my?"

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #39

GnomePirate

Malachi

Thee goblin priest focuses on the knight first. "First of all, let's get one thing straight. I never saw an Orc before I woke up in this strange land. I haven't seen someone of my own kind from my own world in a year. On Gabrook, I lived a civilized life, just as much if not more so than you people lived on "Earth". he snaps.

Calming down, he continues to explain himself. "On Gabrook, as here, I served Uunkuy, the god who taught us how to farm, how to build, how to trade. I do not traffic with demons, I heal the sick and look after the widows and orphans. For his part, Uunkuy has seen fit to grant me with powers of healing that I cannot explain, flashes of his divine wisdom, and the strength to stand against the dark and evil things. In this strange land, I co-operate to the fullest with Bishop Gregory and his flock. While the theology of it can be puzzling, it is clear that we seek the same goals in our mortal lives.

And then we have the Lady Sindariel. Mages like her exist on Gabrook. They draw their power not from a god, as we clerics, or from nature like the Druids. I can't tell you where they get it from, but it does not seem to be evil, although it can be used that way. The wizards here have set up a guild, and their power is not to be dismissed. I am wary of her and her sorceries, but we cannot shun her during this hour of need."

With all that said and explained, he turns back to the Bishop. "Honestly, horses don't like me much anyways. That shouldn't be a problem. We will take the holy water, and I will take my own belongings. If you could provide us with a few travel rations, that is all I ask for."

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

Enyenya and Aderyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Elfendil weary from exhaustion sits in one of the chairs covered in moss and leans back. "That is all true. However when they first came to our forest with their axes, and tried to cut down our trees, many wounds were opened. If it weren't for the greater threat of the orc hordes that arrived shortly after, I fear we would have been at war with the humans.

Now, we are learning to get along for our mutual benefit. In the process we are learning to respect each others various ways. To that end, we have taken the wood from trees that reached the end of their time to the humans. Allowing them to hunt for what they needed to survive. Teaching them the various ways of using what they took, so they didn't take more than they needed. And wasting what the land gave to them.

As for the wizards, be wary. Perhaps they will prove themselves differently to you, but what they seek is power. Wizardly magic is a powerful tool when used wisely. You young one, have given your vow to the Great Mother therefore your use of wizardly magic is tempered by this. The wizards who follow Sindariel have not, thus are not beholden to the land like the rest of us.

It is their search for power that worries me the most. What will they suggest when the source of this disturbance is found? What will they try to do with it?

We don't have the luxury of trusting someone who could potentially betray us. More could be at stake than our small forest. We don't know what brought us here. We don't even know where here is exactly.

Unfortunately, the one I would have sought for advice gave his life to protect the rest of us. Perhaps you can teach this old elf some new wisdom.

I hope you're right."

11. - Top - End - #41

Zombie

Alan Bradsberry

Towards Bishop Gregory, "I thank you for the complement but I am young yet and was only on the way to my first command. Though if my father had not insisted I sire an heir I would of been there a year or so ago. And whatever you can provide will have to be sufficient. Living of the land always makes for slower going."

And towards Malachi "Peace Malachi, I did not mean to offend. I know you are not an Orc. Though I can imagine we almost look as much like them to you as you to us. Or elves for that matter. Though the reality is different from the stories. And did you say the Druids have powers drawn from nature? This is a mightily magic land.
    Last edited by Phunbaba; 2010-08-26 at 09:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

BarbarianGuy

Charleis gulps loudly. Sindariel was well known for her powers, and also for her over-eager use of said powers on those who have.. inconvenienced her. Taking a deep breath, he climbs down from Freud's (A name contrived for his Zombie) shoulder. He sends the creature back to the basement, and jogs alongside Michalson. To the man's comment, he replies; Well we'd better not fail then, eh?
    "Meeshka should be the blue dinosaur."
    Hurray for context!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson

Yes. Definetly. Having said that, the wizard will march to the library in stoic silence.

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGuy

Charleis and Michalson
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the library, you hear what seems to be explosions as well as someone yelling. Tentatively opening the door causes you to drop to the floor as a large ball of fire is sent shooting over your heads.

As you look into the large library, you see Sindariel in a rage. Her hair looks like living flame, and her eyes look more like windows to hell. Her hands are sheathed in flame.

What feels like an eternity passes before her eyes change back to their usual blue. Noticing the two of you for the first time Sindariel visibly calms down.

After Sindariel's last burst of anger, where she torched the library (destroying all of the books in there at the time), Sindariel has since warded the library against fire. The wards seemed to have held since none of the books have been damaged.

The library is a circular room, filled from floor to ceiling with various books. No one is quite sure where Sindariel got the books from, since it seemed like she came to the forest with nothing but the clothes on her back. Like many other questions, she gives what amounts to being a rhetorical question in response, "And what else would you expect from a powerful wizard?"

Forcing a smile upon her delicate features, Sindariel offers each of you a hand to stand up. In an overly polite voice she adds, "I'm sorry about that. I do need to be more careful when I'm in the library. I hope neither of you has become injured."

In the library, you notice two large crystal balls sitting on a desk at the back of the room. Each is tuned to one of the other leaders. In a voice dripping with venom, Sindariel begins speaking about the other leaders, "That fool of a priest failed to mention a few of the specifics from his dream. Far be it from me to tell them what they're really up against when they fail to share the information. And the next person who attacks me for being some sort of foul demon is going to get turned into a pile of ashes. I SWEAR IF I WASN'T AS KIND AND GENEROUS AS I'VE BEEN OVER THE PAST YEAR, THIS ENTIRE FOREST WOULD BE A PILE OF ASHES FROM THOSE STUPID ORCS.

I'm sorry, I almost forgot you were here."

Sindariel goes over to the desk and pulls out two small objects. As she turns around and begins to approach you notice what appears to be two large black fangs hanging from strips of leather. "These aren't much, but they will protect you from the worst of the effects. Unfortunately, I only have two of them. Now to be honest that stupid pixie would probably profit from one of these better than you Michalson, but she irritates me to no end."

Sindariel goes to put the first amulet around Michalson. As she removes her hands from placing the fanged amulet, she pulls out a strand of his hair. Turning to Charleis, she repeats the process, pulling out a strand of his hair as well. "I may not be able to help you on your journey, but at least I'll be able to keep abreast of your progress. Unfortunately, most of my energy is going to be expended keeping these people alive until you're able to return.

Now, unless you have any questions, I suggest you both to go and get some sleep. The two of you have a long journey ahead of you."

Malachi and Alan
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bishop looking at the two of you replies, "I'll have your provisions ready for you in the morning, we should be able to come up with a couple of weeks worth. Until then perhaps the two of you should get some rest. Alan I'll have one of my attendants show you to a spare room. It's not much, we tend to live a fairly ascetic life style here in the abbey."

Enyenya and Aderyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elfendil seems to have fallen asleep.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Enyenya Silverblossom

The pixie looks down at the elven druid, then towards the equally elven scout. "...Well, we won't be heading out 'til tomorrow, so we should try to get some rest. You can carry that stuff, right? I don't have anywhere to hold it." She's also only slightly larger than some of the vials!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson Barring

Michalson swallows. No Lady Sindariel, I don't think I have any more questions. Everything's perfectly clear. He recieved some burns from Sindariel's outburst, but he's not going to admit it.

17. - Top - End - #47

"I think I can manage that." Aderyn takes a minute to stuff the herbs and vials into her backpack before leaving the tree. "In the morning, then?"

18. - Top - End - #48

BarbarianGuy

Charleis

Chaerleis thinks for a moment, then says tentatively; Just one question, Lady Sindariel--do you think it wise to bring Freud along? Or might the locals object?

After receiving her answer, he bows respectfully and says; As you wish, Lady Sindariel. He quickly exits the library, and heads down to the basement, either to say his farewells, or patch up the Zombie.
    Last edited by Shriken; 2010-08-29 at 08:56 PM.
    Hurray for context!

19. - Top - End - #49

GnomePirate

Malachi bows his head. "Thank you Your Excellency." he says as slips out the door. The night is still young, so he doesn't retire to his quarters immediately instead, he walks outside of the Abbey, settling on a small family that had come hoping for healing. They're a little mistrustful of the green-skinned priest at first, but they open up to him as they explain their plight. Heartbroken at the sight of their youngest child come down sick, the goblin does what he can, using both his magic and his more esoteric methods to try and heal the girl.

It doesn't seem to take however, and the little girl appears to be getting worse. Finally, the father breaks it off, thanking Malachi for his efforts. Upset and a little angry at his failure, Malachi returns to the Abbey, strips off the armor that he had been so quick to put on, and lays down on the mat to a restless sleep.

20. - Top - End - #50

Zombie

Alan Bradsberry

Alan Follows an attendant to what will be his room for the night and thanks the man. He places his armor into the foot locker and leans his pack against the wall next to the door. It's small room with only a bed , a window, and the foot locker. But it is dry and inviting. Before bed though he will practice his forms in the abbey's courtyard with his sword, shield, and axe. It's been a while since he's had the luxury to feel safe enough to just practice. It also gives him a chance to think about everything that's happened to him of late.

21. - Top - End - #51

NecromancerGuy

Michalson and Charleis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sindariel ponders Charleis's question as she sits across from her two apprentices at her desk. Waving her hand over the crystal ball on her left, a scene with the little pixie and the high druid comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    Enyenya Silverblossom
    She crosses her arms over her chest. "...I agree that some of the things the Wizards do are... distasteful... The threat to the land is more important than that."
    "Charleis, I've been around for much longer than I care to admit. I've been chased from cities for acts less than the one you've committed this day. I don't care to have it happen again, but this little pixie may have the right of it.

They need every resource they can muster at this time. No matter its source. However, I must caution you, there is only so much their small minds can handle. Push them to far, and they will turn on you. Your best bet is to desensitize them to what they consider atrocities slowly.

Now, in the light of some new information, I have many preparations to make for your eventual return."

As the two of you turn to leave, Sindariel calls your attention one more time, "One more thing, be sure to bring the artifact back here. Those fools will probably try to destroy it. If that occurs it will try and protect itself at all costs. I would tell you how to neutralize it, except I'm not sure where the other pieces are at this time. That fool of a priest failed to mention his dream."

Malachi
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Malachi tries to root out the sickness, he can sense its resistance. It almost seems to have a mind of its own. Every time he grabs it with his magic, it just seems to slip away digging itself deeper into its host.

Everyone

The rising of the sun brings forth a new day. The morning mist hangs low to the ground as people begin to stir for the new day. Few have bothered to see the party off this morning, fearing to hope.

The high druid looking even paler this morning, declined to travel with his young apprentice and the scout to the point of departure.

Sindariel was nowhere to be seen the next day. Although Grumsk, the large ogre, was outside the tower as the two wizards made their way outside. Leaning on his axe, Grumsk laments, "Grumsk want go. Grumsk miss bein on quest. Grumsk rememb'r last quest. Grumsk guard Sindariel as she look for large dragon fang. Then supid orskes get in way and Grumsk hav to fight em off. That when we get stick in dis village.

The bishop and a small contingent of priests greet the young knight and the goblin priest as they rise in the morning. Their provisions have been gathered, and after a small breakfast they walk with them to the point of departure.

22. - Top - End - #52

BarbarianGuy

Charleis

Charleis shivers and tugs his leather coat tighter around his body. Sitting up in the little canvas hammock, attached behind Freud's shoulders, he looks around at his new traveling companions with a mix of interest and excitement. He's slightly impatient, and if will start grumbling if they haven't left in fifteen minutes.
    Hurray for context!

23. - Top - End - #53

Zombie

Alan

Alan will return there greetings. When shown the provisions he'll put some in his pack: 6 days worth of food, the group basics, and a quiver with arrows fastened to one side with the bow onto the other. Following that he'll ask Malachi if he'd like to pack any of the provisions. After that he'll ask for help to carry the rest to the gathering place so that others can place as much of the food as they see fit into their own packs.

At the sight of Charleis on his zombie Alan will pause for a few seconds muttering under his breath before continuing on.

24. - Top - End - #54

GnomePirate

Malachi thanks Alan for the offer, but waves him off."Uunkuy provided for my food when I first came to this land, and I trust he shall do so again. In fact, after some consideration of the Yig'oor's Precepts, I believe he will extend his blessings towards all of us on this mission, if you are interested. I can't promise that the food will be enjoyable, but it will be wholesome."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Enyenya Silverblossom

The pixie doesn't seem to be carrying much of anything. Well, she's a bit small, so that can be forgiven... All she has on her is her holly wood staff. She rolls her eyes at the goblin. "Don't waste your energy. The land is full to bursting with food already. You guys really need to learn to forage..."

Enyenya eyes the zombie with distaste. "...Couldn't you have left that thing at home? Or, preferably, in the ground where you found it?"
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-08-31 at 04:35 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson

Michalson stays away a little bit, looking at his new companions warily. They do make an original group, that's for sure. This little excursion promises to be eventful. Oh, well. It's better than sitting on his butt in a small town all the time.

27. - Top - End - #57

BarbarianGuy

Charleis

Snorting, Charleis responds in the pixie's own words; The threat to the land is more important than any of our petty preferences. I would have thought you to believe the same, you being a creature of the forest as well.
    Hurray for context!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Enyenya Silverblossom

The pixie claps her hands. "Oh, well done! You can scry, apparently. No way you could have thought up that all on your own." She rolls her eyes theatrically. "I can still find you absolutely disgusting, you know."

29. - Top - End - #59

NecromancerGuy

The bishop looks over those gathered before speaking, "I don't mean to offend, but I feel it necessary to say a word of prayer over the journey that stands before you."

The bishop and his priest bow their heads, "Dear Lord, we beseech you this day to lend your guidance to this mixed band of travelers. If it be your will, help them in rooting out the evil that has infected this land. In the of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen."

As the bishop looks up from his prayer, he looks once more upon those gathered before him. When he looks upon the zombie he quickly mumbles another prayer before speaking, "It is truly providence that has brought such a mixed group of individuals together. For this is most likely a lesson on how we can all coexist. I must warn you, if you should fail, I fear more is at stake than the mere lives of those we care for. I do not know what will happen, but take warning that should you be unable to work together, everything could be lost."

As the bishop's words reach the few gathered to see you off, many of them shake their heads and wander back home. "Good luck, my friends." The bishop then gathers his priests and heads back towards the abbey. At that point, the few remaining onlookers disperse back to their homes.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Enyenya Silverblossom

The pixie listens to the prayer with a mixture of bewilderment and interest. "...So which of those three is your God, and is he the same one that you call your Lord?" She rubs the back of her head. "Maybe I should be making a prayer to the Great Mother for a safe journey, too..."