New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Akio

The long katana barely is blocked by Elder, Akio having to slow his attack because of Allan being in the way.

"Crossdale, move. I can't fight with you here. Go help Hachirou!" He says as he swings at Elder again, the short but powerful strokes looking to overpower the Hollow.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Allan

Allan springs off of Elder, flipping agilely back and off to the side. He glares at Akio.

"I'm not going anywhere until I get my Zanpakuto back."

Despite his defiant words, he seems to heed Akio's admonishment about Allan hindering him, and stays back from the fight. Instead, he closes his eyes and bows his head, muttering something under his breath.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

[A certain Arrancar]

Stunned by Allan's headbutt, the monster stumbles backwards, glaring at the young reaper even as it moves his sword to hurriedly block Akio's strikes. To get itself back into balance, it disengages from the melee and vanishes in a short burst of speed, again appearing a bit further away from the other Shinigami. Absent-mindedly, it wipes off some black blood trickling down from its nose on its bare teeth.

"Well, if he's not going to leave us adults alone, we just have to leave him, correct?"
    , the Arrancar muses out loud, pointing its sword towards Akio, dark eyes gleaming with defiance. "If you're so certain you can take me alone, then prove it!"

Then, its form blurs as it speeds away again, moving so fast it's hard to follow with naked eyes. If Allan tries to run after it, he'll find it's too exhausting for his battered form to keep up for long with his infuriatingly tireless adversary. Akio, on the other hand, should not have too much trouble running after the Hollow, or even outpacing it.

The Arrancar seems to be headed for the town park, where it will be more open...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #214

Allan

Allan looks up at Elder's proclamation, mutters a number of curses under his breath, then pursue, pacing himself and soon being left far behind.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite grabs one of the mummies and tosses it aside. He then punches the other one.

"For one, it's very hard for me to create large scale attacks when this squad refuses to leave, even though they know full well I can handle this. But I don't mind. I merely have a statement to make before I fight. I like to know my opponent's name, so as to put a name to the face. I, for example, am Karite Mitsukai, Vice Captain of the Thirteenth Division in the Court Guard. And you, arrancar? Before we begin this dance of death, what are you called?"

His sword is being held loosely in one hand, almost barely held. His other hand appears to be wrapped in... A kind of bandage. Strangely, it didn't impede his fist striking the mummy.
    Auset

Auset yawns as one mummy is tossed aside, the thing surprisingly nimble as it scrambles to it's feet...and rushes towards the downed Kyou. The other isn't quite so lucky, being pushed right back at Auset who irately cleaves it in two before the 'corpse' can touch her.

"There you go again, making all kinds of demands. You talk more then my replacement does." she grumbles, even as various bandages stab their way into the ground...and do nothing. Or at least nothing that can be overtly seen. "I am Auset, Privaron Espada. Number one hundred and three."

And then she was flying forward, bringing her khopesh down in several heavy-handed over-head chops at Karite's head and shoulders, seeking to end this little 'fight' quickly and brutally.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #216

Karite fades as the blade passes through his body.

A strike comes down towards Auset from behind.

"My, you didn't think about my skill level did you? A flat out attack? As a Privaron, Auset, you should know about the Shunpo after-image."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi's eyes widen as the mummy dives towards where Kyou is being tended.

The 20th Seat grits his teeth and executes a shunpo. He arrives at a point roughly halfway between the mummy and Kyou.

He's holding his 6-foot staff like a baseball bat; as soon as the mummy is close enough, he will give it a hard swing with all of his strength, then quick-draw one of his pistols and pour fire into the creature.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #218

[Alysha]

A mummy gunning for Kyou. Alysha standing guard over Kyou.

Alysha quickly puts two and two together, and doesn't like the result.

Alysha bites her lip. Here goes nothing. Then she holds her zanpakuto out in front of her horizontally, holding her right arm with her left hand.

Stand and Defend, Tetsu no Ishi!

The sword suddenly glows, and the blade quickly shrinks. There's a quick flash, and suddenly Alysha is no longer holding a sword. She is instead holding a silver and gold buckler with a three circle design on it.

Alysha concentrates and channels some of her reiatsu into it, creating an invisible barrier centered on the shield itself.

When the mummy hits it, odds are very good it'll be like a person running into a wall.

[Silva]

Silva sees Elder take off. She glances at Auset, currently charging Karite. She wanted to watch one of them, very curious about this situation. But, which should she choose?

Moments later, Silva's running down the streets, the dagger back in its sheath. She keeps glancing up, making sure she doesn't lose sight of Elder.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [A certain Arrancar]

Stunned by Allan's headbutt, the monster stumbles backwards, glaring at the young reaper even as it moves his sword to hurriedly block Akio's strikes. To get itself back into balance, it disengages from the melee and vanishes in a short burst of speed, again appearing a bit further away from the other Shinigami. Absent-mindedly, it wipes off some black blood trickling down from its nose on its bare teeth.

"Well, if he's not going to leave us adults alone, we just have to leave him, correct?"
    , the Arrancar muses out loud, pointing its sword towards Akio, dark eyes gleaming with defiance. "If you're so certain you can take me alone, then prove it!"

Then, its form blurs as it speeds away again, moving so fast it's hard to follow with naked eyes. If Allan tries to run after it, he'll find it's too exhausting for his battered form to keep up for long with his infuriatingly tireless adversary. Akio, on the other hand, should not have too much trouble running after the Hollow, or even outpacing it.

The Arrancar seems to be headed for the town park, where it will be more open...
    [Akio]

Akio indeed follows Elder quite easily, though he is readily wearing down from the Shunpo bursts. "Tell me, Hollow. What is your name? I have my theories, but it would be good to know my attacker's true name. I am third seat Akio Yama of the thirteenth division." He is confident and calm, assuming Elder will wait to attack as she has so far.

Suzume
    Just make yourself useful and relay a message, kids. Tell your friend Nagamichi Soushi that he's needed in the Zaraki district. Anything else is my own business." Suzume frowns as she kills an other weak hollow. She then vanishes with shunpo, leaving the fight as mysteriously as she had entered.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-09-15 at 03:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

[A certain unlucky officer]

"Hado 4: Byakurai!", someone coughs some distance to Alysha's side, sending a narrow bolt of pale blue lightning towards the mummy being stopped by Alysha and Yoshi. The spell is too weak to even strike a hole throuh the monster, but sparks it strikes should be enough to set it in fire...

"Admirable *cough* effort, Alysha-san"
    , Sato Hachirou rasps. His robes are covered in soot, the left lense of his glasses is cracked, and he seems to have some bad burns on his face and hands, and his arms are hanging limply beside him. Hopefully they aren't broken! "I did not know you had... achieved Shikai already. You have the makings of a great officer in you", he states matter-of-factly. He then nods at Yoshi as well.

"Fine effort from you as well. Lets get out of here before we get caught back in the Vice-Captain's fight..."

[A certain bemused Unseated]

Nasumi blinks when their mysterious benefactor vanishes in the rain. While the fight is still going on, Suzume's efforts might still have saved them from certain death. "... who is Nagamichi Soushi?", she blurts out absent-mindedly, Shinkagenja's iridescent form swirling into existence beside her to devour a Hollow that tries to sneak on her. And why aren't I half as cool as that woman!?!

[A certain Arrancar]

"Hahaha! Not falling for that old trick again!"
    , the Hollow shrills as they run, the rain-soaked town flashing by under them. "Why should I give you any clue how to prevail over me?"

The beast keeps running, unhindered by their mad pace. Just when it starts to gain more ground over Akio and it seems it might escape from his sight, they arrive in the park and it slows down, skidding on the air and turning to face Akio, still leaving a good distance between them. They're considerably ahead of Allan and Silva - they should take a good while to arrive.

"Third seat, you say? That means you aren't just any whelp then", the Arrancar muses out loud, assuming a defensive stance, dried blood still decorating its sides and face. "Either you have some merit, or your parents had a lot of spare bribes for your captain. Wonder which one is it?"

Akio might notice water isn't falling down quite right around the Arrancar's blade and it seems to glow with faint light, but it's hard to say for sure through the rain. "Tell you what, that grating blast of yours packed quite a punch", it shouts, "but now that I don't have a jealous child clinging to my back anymore, it should be no problem to me at all."

"Come, Shinigami. Try to hit me with it. Lets see if you still can."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

"I... think he's a Vice-Captain. The 8th Division's if I'm not mistaken. But what does that woman want with him?" Kazuma pondered quizzically as he stared down a few Hollows.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Auset

The strike cuts through flesh much like a sword is designed to do, prompting another gout of blood from the Privaron.

"Jeeezzz...talk about talking too much. Course I know." the Privaron grunts out, looking particularly slothful...as numerous tendrils sprout from the ground at Yoshi's, Kyou's, and Hachirou's feet to quickly strike at their ankles or legs, seeking to tug them back down to the ground.

Close a dozen others spring up from behind the source of the strike, seeking to entwine Karite in the reishi-draining bandages as well.

"What do you take me for? An idiot?"

For it's part, the mummy did seem like an idiot, because it doesn't try to avoid the fire at all despite lacking the regenerative abilities of Auset herself. The hail of attacks is quick to reduce it to smoldering, shapeless bandages that spatter against the shield as momentum carries them forward.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-09-15 at 07:25 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Yoshi]

Yoshi jumps into the air as the tendrils grasp for him. He flips his staff into its custom holster, and draws his shotgun with his now-free right hand.

"Damn it! Alysha! Take Kyou and run! Fast! Hachirou, fighting retreat!"

Yoshi began peppering any nearby tendrils with his pistol, occasionally firing the larger blasts from his shotgun, which he braced against his side. Sweat poured down his face as he worked to keep himself and his comrades safe. The shotgun's recharge rate truly worked against him here. Something to correct in the labs.

"Move it!"

As he spoke and fired, he moved closer to the 13th Seat, to assist him if need be.

14. - Top - End - #224

[Alysha]

Alysha's eyes widen at the sight of her team leader. Hachirou! You're hurt! Oh, hold still.

She moves to start healing him, her zanpakuto resuming its sealed form.

But, then the bandages attack.

Alysha lets out a yell of surprise, then starts trying to keep them from Kyou, who's currently lying on the ground.

Alysha looks to Yoshi when he gives her the order and nods. She grabs Kyou in a fireman's carry and takes off, a determined look on her face. She heads towards the rooftops, hoping that being off the ground will help.

[Silva]

The creature definitely pulled ahead of Silva as it went. I mean, Silva can't perform Shunpo or anything similar, so all she's got is the power of her two legs.

However, she does know what direction it was going, and she can still sense its presence up ahead.

Are we just going to be spectators again?

We'll see how it goes, Medric.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Hachirou curses under his breath as more bandages strike from the ground - wait, cursing? "Walls of ironsand... a priestly pagoda, glowing ironclad fireflies..." That isn't cursing!

Painstakingly, he lifts one fist before his chest while Yoshi buys him some with his kido gun. "Standing upright, silent to the end... Bakudo 75, Gochūtekkan!" A strong wind billows his battered Shihakusho as five whisps of light escape from his knuckles and form a pentagon in the air above him - then, he drops to his knees and lets his hand limply strike the pavement. This maneuver lets one of the bandages grab his wrist, but the 13th seat still quirks a faint smile.

Above Auset, a blinding white flare comes to being, and she'll feel a stange force compelling her to stay still... then five, massive iron pillars connceted to each other with thick chains crash down from the heavens towards her, as tall as the buildings around them. "Chew on that for a while, lazy wench", he mutters as he tries to get up, yanking the bandage along. He's starting to feel dangerously light-headed, but with Yoshi's help he should be able to get off from the ground and stumble to safety...

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma was starting to get impatient. He could almost sense the situation deteriorating the closer they got to the fight with Auset, one painstakingly murdered lesser Hollow at a time. And then there was the mysterious one-armed woman.

"Zaraki-kun, we need to either provide the other seated officers with support or make sure to get our wounded out of the way. I'm... not sure I can do anything noteworthy in the state I'm in, though. And from the looks of it, we've got people that need immediate attention. We need to distract that bastard to get them out of the way. Can I count on you to create a distraction?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Auset

The strike cuts through flesh much like a sword is designed to do, prompting another gout of blood from the Privaron.

"Jeeezzz...talk about talking too much. Course I know." the Privaron grunts out, looking particularly slothful...as numerous tendrils sprout from the ground at Yoshi's, Kyou's, and Hachirou's feet to quickly strike at their ankles or legs, seeking to tug them back down to the ground.

Close a dozen others spring up from behind the source of the strike, seeking to entwine Karite in the reishi-draining bandages as well.

"What do you take me for? An idiot?"

For it's part, the mummy did seem like an idiot, because it doesn't try to avoid the fire at all despite lacking the regenerative abilities of Auset herself. The hail of attacks is quick to reduce it to smoldering, shapeless bandages that spatter against the shield as momentum carries them forward.
    Karite sighs as he dodges more annoying bandages.

"Know, I'm merely stating the fact that I've yet to release, and you're beginning to bore me. If we moved elsewhere, I'd like to go back to being entertained."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Auset

"Released or not, dead is dead." Auset says pragmatically as some of the bandages are beaten back, some of them even getting shot despite the surprisingly small target. But continued to press forward even as the iron pillars slammed down to pin the lazy arrancar down to the ground. Not that she tries to get away from it, or even fight against it, but rather gives a long yawn. Bandages unwrap from her arms to entwine about the base of the pillars, even as others continue to drain Hachirou of his strength.

By the time the pillars have crumbled away, Auset is looking better then new and gives a flippant smile at Karite...just as another wave of bandages slip out of the ground to hold his feet against the ground. Even that drain was little of a problem compared to the ominous black orb gathering in Auset's hand.

"Cero." she says simply before blasting the area where Karite is with the black energy.

19. - Top - End - #229

A flash, an emission of power.

A voice from the light.

"Crystallize, Kuyashinaki."

The sword vanishes in a flash, and a enormous amount of ice slams into the cero, as Karite reappears elsewhere.

"I'll admit that surprised me Auset. But did you really think it would stop me? Did you really think that I didn't have a way out?

did you really believe you could win?
    "

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi grits his teeth in frustration at the bandages. He keeps firing his pistol as he dashes through the air to Hachirou's position, the focus of his fire being the cloth strips already holding the officer.

"Hachirou! Grab on!"

If and when the 13th Seat does so, Yoshi will try to propel both of them higher and higher into the air, performing the last couple of Shunpo that the 20th Seat can manage by this point.

Once they've reached that point, and the bandages seem to be stretched out, Yoshi will pull the trigger on his fully-charged shotgun, sending a collection of 10 golf-ball-size spheres of searing energy out at the collection of bandages. His intent is to burn or weaken them enough to break Hachirou free, so that the two officers can fully retreat.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hachirou]

Hachirou gives Yoshi a quick glance when he hears him coming, yanking his tied wrist towards him so he has easy time shooting a hole through it. Then the 13th seat grabs Yoshi's hand and pushes forward with his body, the last bandage tearing and finally giving away under the strain.

"Forget about the rest, we can outrun them!", Hachirou barks to the lower seat, dragging him along somewhat as he sprints forward at the end of Yoshi's Shunpo. Sparks fly across Hachirou's vision and taste of bile and blood enters his mouth as they run, but he knows he can't give in to exhaustion just yet. His arms are completely numb and feel like wet logs weighing down, but the tries not to think of it at the moment. He'd have time to check his injuries later.

"Sietka! Sadanaka! Hidetsugu! Here! Follow us!", the officer booms, hoping to catch the attention of the remaining unseated... he lost track of them few moments ago. He then nods at Yoshi. "Hirako! Grab my reiphone! Call Amagatsu! Tell to regroup at the school!" Behind them, pillars of Hachirou's Gochutekkan crack and crumble away.

[Nasumi]

The plucky girl bites her lip. The flock of lesser Hollows had mostly dissipated... they are almost alone now. "Yes, Amagatsu-san! I will do my..." she begins hesitantly, when five iron pillars fall down from the skies not too far from them. She spots Alysha (and Kyo on her shoulder) jumping from amidst the buildings. "Look! There they are!", Nasumi shouts, then lifts her zanpakuto over her head and waves it around. A spiritual wind picks up the many-colored clouds and makes them billow upwards. "Hoi! Over here!"

22. - Top - End - #232

Iwaki

Iwaki, busy blowing flames at the bandages around him, hears the call and sprints after Hachirou and Yoshi, reaching their side in a few minutes. He doesn't even seem winded, but with the stoic man, it's difficult to tell.

Hideuchi

Hideuchi hears Hachirou's call as well and follows after him, launching into a series of flash steps that quickly places him a bit in front of the group.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi

Yoshi's face was running with sweat as he helped Hachirou move along. He'd holstered both his weapons, and now reached for the 13th Seat's phone, before stopping.

"I'll just use mine."

A hand reached up and activated his comm system attached to his eyepiece. He quickly voice-dialed Amagatsu, and any other phone-holder he couldn't immediately see.

"This is Officer Hirako Yoshi. Please fall back and regroup at the mortal school. Repeat, fall back and regroup at the mortal school. No one gets left behind, but leave the officers to their battles."

He hung up, though the line was open for return calls. His focus now was on getting to their destination.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

"Understood, Hirako-san. Resistance on the way to school should be light - I'll try to cover your retreat as best as I can."

Kazuma realized he would fare better with a ranged-capable weapon.

"The first sinner: release!"

And with that, he reversed his nodachi back into a kusarigama.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Alysha nodded as she heard the order. She readjusted her hold on Kyou and quickly followed.

She figured this would be the time where she would be most useful. Looked like she'd be a little busy.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hachirou]

Hachirou sighs in relief as he notices his charges are all following him (he's too tired to notice Allan is missing...). After they've a good half a mile away from Auset, he opts to slow down to ease the burning in his lungs. Good grief, I haven't been this worn out in years, he thinks wearily, panting heavily as they continue to run on thin air.

This mission will be an absolute bitch to report. So many things blown all to hell, it'd be easier to report just the few things that went right... but Natsuko would never accept such a report... Hachirou's vision starts to blur, and he shakes his head vigorously to keep his wits about.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to engage an Arrancar in close comba- Oooh! I know! It was that cute girl form si- If so, I swear I'mg goint to strangle that w- My My, didn't know you were into that sort of th- Jin, what the hell are you- Hey! I have the right to speak my- Why can't you be nice and shut up like- This never would've happened if you'd let me out, you kn- all other good guardian spirits...

Around them, the rain clouds start thinning, and afternoon sun casts its glimmering light on them. The school is already in sight. Hachirou smiles absent-mindedly at the sight. Oh well. It's over now. I'll be happily sleeping within confines of the 4th soon enough, no need to dwell on this disaster for- Hey, is that a rainbow? It's been so long since...

Despite his contempt for his sword spirit, Hachirou finds himself turning his head to look at the object in question. Sure, Jin. It's beautifu- A loud crack, like the sound of ice given away under his weight, makes Hachirou open his eyes wide in surprise. He feels a sharp pain in his right ankle as his self-made reishi platform supporting his weight shatters to pieces due to lack of energy sustaining it, causing him to trip and tumble. Mind too blank from shock and exhaustion, the 13th seat falls...

[Nasumi]

The apprentice Shinigami quirks an eyebrow at her superior's attitude. "Amagatsu-san, I'm not sure if you're fit for that right now...", she mutters. The pillars in the distance crumble, and the other patrollers speed over them as they stand in guard.

Then, a terrible flash of darkness blooms behind the buildings, countered by what Nasumi can only describe as an iceberg. She pales in dismay as she senses the increase in spiritual pressure, subconsciously releasing quite a bit of her own to cope with it, much to Kazuma's discomfort. The last few Hollows still skulking about flee from the might displayed by Karite and Auset.

"Uh... maybe we should just go after the others now?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma didn't expect to feel this way after so long.

It was... fear. More than that. It was beyond dread and gloom. He couldn't describe what was coming over him.

What he knew was that this fight would be way out of his league if he were well. As he is now...

"...Agreed. The others have made good on their escape anyway."

Returning his Zanpakutou to its sealed state, he unceremoniously moved next to Nasumi and proceeded to kneel so she could ride his back.

"You can't use Shunpo, right? I'll carry you."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

[Alysha]

Alysha is close enough to her squad leader to see him lose his energy and fall from the sky.

Hachirou!

As quickly as she can, she chases after him. She knows that she won't be able to catch him, what with her not being all that fast in the first place, and the fact that she's still carrying Kyou. So, she just hopes he won't be too banged up from the landing.

The fact that Yoshi chased after him made her feel a little better.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

"Hado 4: Byakurai!", someone coughs some distance to Alysha's side, sending a narrow bolt of pale blue lightning towards the mummy being stopped by Alysha and Yoshi. The spell is too weak to even strike a hole throuh the monster, but sparks it strikes should be enough to set it in fire...

"Admirable *cough* effort, Alysha-san"
    , Sato Hachirou rasps. His robes are covered in soot, the left lense of his glasses is cracked, and he seems to have some bad burns on his face and hands, and his arms are hanging limply beside him. Hopefully they aren't broken! "I did not know you had... achieved Shikai already. You have the makings of a great officer in you", he states matter-of-factly. He then nods at Yoshi as well.

"Fine effort from you as well. Lets get out of here before we get caught back in the Vice-Captain's fight..."

[A certain bemused Unseated]

Nasumi blinks when their mysterious benefactor vanishes in the rain. While the fight is still going on, Suzume's efforts might still have saved them from certain death. "... who is Nagamichi Soushi?", she blurts out absent-mindedly, Shinkagenja's iridescent form swirling into existence beside her to devour a Hollow that tries to sneak on her. And why aren't I half as cool as that woman!?!

[A certain Arrancar]

"Hahaha! Not falling for that old trick again!"
    , the Hollow shrills as they run, the rain-soaked town flashing by under them. "Why should I give you any clue how to prevail over me?"

The beast keeps running, unhindered by their mad pace. Just when it starts to gain more ground over Akio and it seems it might escape from his sight, they arrive in the park and it slows down, skidding on the air and turning to face Akio, still leaving a good distance between them. They're considerably ahead of Allan and Silva - they should take a good while to arrive.

"Third seat, you say? That means you aren't just any whelp then", the Arrancar muses out loud, assuming a defensive stance, dried blood still decorating its sides and face. "Either you have some merit, or your parents had a lot of spare bribes for your captain. Wonder which one is it?"

Akio might notice water isn't falling down quite right around the Arrancar's blade and it seems to glow with faint light, but it's hard to say for sure through the rain. "Tell you what, that grating blast of yours packed quite a punch", it shouts, "but now that I don't have a jealous child clinging to my back anymore, it should be no problem to me at all."

"Come, Shinigami. Try to hit me with it. Lets see if you still can."
    "I asked for your name, creature. Tell me who I'm killing then it will begin. I will not attack you before that." Akio's sword is pointed at the ground as he speaks these defiant words.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

[Nasumi]

Nasumi stares at Kazuma's back. The same man who only a dozen minutes ago had found it hard to stay upright is now offering to carry her again, and even talking about using Shunpo while at it. She sheathes her sword, thinking. Is this man for real? While some part of the 3rd divisioner finds her superiors unyielding attitude admirable, at the same time, it's makes her feel dreadfully inadequate. A pout begins creeping on her face. "Amagatsu-san..."

"... I refuse to be carried by you in that condition!", she shouts with volume that rattles his eardrums, face red as a strawberry. "Your body is not in shape to carry anyone, let alone do it in superhuman speeds! You should stop and think of your own well-being for a moment!"

Before Kazuma has a chance to protest, the girl kneels beside him and grabs his arm, then hoists him over her shoulder. She stumbles a bit and they almost fall down before she finds her balance - then she begins running after the rest of their group along the ground with steadily increasing speed. They should catch up with them in five minutes or so.

[A certain Arrancar]

"Hah! And here I thought you'd appreciate being given the iniative"
    , the creature mocks in reply. "Why should I? You aren't really interested in who I am, none of your kind are. It's not like I could give a name meaningful to you anyway."

"But if you're not going to fight me due to formalities, well, that suits me just fine"
    , the arrancar says and turn to leave, lifting its borrowed blade to its shoulder. Its other hand raises lazily to wave as farewell. "See you around, Yama-kun."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-09-25 at 10:58 AM.