New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Jason blinks and looks around confusedly. Why was everyone breaking into song? As he walks out over the broken glass, he walks by a girl who looked on the verge of tears. He realized that his mind was still running increadibly slow as he tried to look around. In the distance, he thought he heard some sirens approaching.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #842
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

"Hold your Fire, Hold Your Fire!"

Rockwells holds up a fist, signaling all to stop firing.

Rockwell looks up, confused. He has never seen this, everyone singing one song, the same tune. Even the best singers in the army can't do this, they just go off to sing different songs.

"What the... All call signs, This is Two-Two, requesting Sitrep, over."
    "Nothing to Report, One-Three Over"
    "Negative on my sector, they're just singing"

"What is this? Rouge Esper preparing a fight?" Rockwell thinks to himself.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shrugging her shoulders, Avery decided to whistle along to the tune. It's been a damn while since she's actually seen that film, but she knows the tune well enough. Damn catchy.

What was she supposed to be doing again?
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

4. - Top - End - #844

Jane softly moaned. Was it a side effect of her powers that she'd actually attract these kind of people? Why was everybody singing all of a sudden? Slowly she made her way around her corner, leaving the 'scene of the crime' behind her, pretty sure that the others would follow her. What was she supposed to do now?

Back at the arcade

Various Anti-Skill cars had already gathered around the arcade and people in uniform were quickly to help the wounded. Some of them wasted no time and were interrogating the victims right at the spot. Pictures were being and samples were being taken, while the officers were working like real professional police men and women.

From the corner where Jane had just disappeared, appeared a plain looking black car. It stopped in front of the chaotic arcade and a tall, broad man wearing glasses and a brown trenchcoat walked out.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me..." he grunted annoyed. With a quick glance he quickly spotted an officer nearby. "YOU! Come here!"

The officer, a blond young looking woman in her early twenties, came running towards him. She clearly seemed to know him, for as soon as she stood in front of him, she'd bow politely. "Sir! What can I do for you sir?!"

"What happened here?" the man bouldered.

The woman grabbed a notebook and flipped it open. "According to our witnesses it was an Esper fight sir! Two young males have been seen coming down from the sky and soon started to fight. The lash-backs from their powers caused the damage you see here. However the behaviors of the victims..." She glanced to the weird happy looks some of them had. "The victims seem to be in a state of pure bliss, sir. They're snapping out of it as we speak, but apparently this occurred right after a girl, who was accompanying the two boys, started screaming. We believe her to be a telepath. People are trying to find these three's data's as we speak!"

"Those damned Espers again." The man sighed. "I should have known... I keep try to tell them: don't let kids with superpowers run around! You're BEGGING for trouble." With this, he grabbed his own notebook and copied everything the young woman had told him. It could take days before they had this figured out. But... "Wait a minute... did you say a telepath?"

"Yes sir, I did."

"Really now..." He scribbled some more. A coincidence? "Very well. For now I can't do anything before we have more data. I shall assist you in interrogating the victims."
    Last edited by Lillith; 2011-02-03 at 01:39 PM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou paused in his whistling as he caught sight of Jane's worsening mood. He casually sauntered (as much as someone like him could saunter, anyway) over to her until the two of them were walking side by side. His head was tilted sideways so as to regard the troubled girl with a curious expression. Just curious, though; The slowly fading fog in his head was still preventing him from feeling anything more negative.

"So, what do you wanna do next? Grab some food? Visit the baths? Play more Mahjong? I'm open for pretty much anything, myself."

6. - Top - End - #846
    Dwarf in the Playground

While trying to keep up with Jane, Cale started thinking about what to do.

"A bath sounds nice, there's a huge new waterslide at the water-paradis in the school-garden, shall we go there?"

7. - Top - End - #847

Jane looked up surprised. <"Swimming?"> While swimming did calm her... she wasn't really sure if that was a good idea. She had no idea how the others would feel once her mindwaves had worn off. They might become pissed at her. Part of her told her to get out. <"You sure about that? You guys don't look... like you could swim well at the moment.">

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou pondered Jane's question for a while, before finally shrugging his shoulders.

"To be honest, I'm not really sure about anything right now. Even my words are coming out garbled; I say 'baths' and for some reason everyone else thinks 'swimming pool'.

Anyway, you still haven't answered the question. What do you wanna do? Seriously, anything's fine. Just say the word and I'll follow along.
    "

He stared at Jane expectantly. He really did seem to be relying on her to make the decision on their next destination. But that was only natural; To his serene mind, any place was as good as any other.

9. - Top - End - #849

Jane felt like she had to make it up to Cale and Jirou for what she had done... without telling them what it actually was that she had done. Perhaps they wouldn't notice? Also... what did she have to do with all these new people around her? Would they follow her too? Why where they following her anyways? Side effect from her powers? Was she now attracting all who had been blasted with her mind? She was confused... and hungry... that blast had taken a lot out of her.

<"Uhm... I could go for some food?">

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

"awww. no swimming pool."

Not being able to see Jane in a swimsuit would've made Cale sad, if his brain were capable of being sad right now.

nevertheless, dinner was something to do as well

"Food sounds good to me, you know a nice place around Jirou?
    oh, and has anyone ever really decided to check upon the time or anything?"

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

It is probably to Cale's surprise that the question of time is answered by a long-haired boy leaning on his shoulder where nobody was just a second ago.

"It's [Insert relevant time here] and can I come too?"

Katsu is as hyper-active as ever and likely the only person present who doesn't need psychic tampering to be absent-minded and cheery.

"But you can't swim right after eating... Let's vote! Who's for eating?!"

Eagerly the young speedster looks around at the group, seemingly unaware that his sudden appearance and suggestions may be a tad unusual.

But this is Academy City after all.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Cale turned around to see who just said that, he saw someone leaning on his shoulder, which was weird, but also somehow interesting.

"What are you doing there?"

13. - Top - End - #853

Food?

Looking over at her baguette, Avery noted that it's gotten a bit cold. That and she's been told to never share her food. Mostly for others' sake than for hers. Still, she hasn't taken a bite out of one of the ends. Breaking it off, she offered it to Jane, telling her...
    "Here, have one. Erm, it's not bad... A while ago at least."
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The speedster answers Cale, now sitting on a bench behind him.

"Meeting new people of course"

He grins cheerily but then, realisation!

"Oh, and I'm trying to figure out what happened with those robots yesterday!"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #855

Okay... Jane tried to comprehend the situation while raising her hand to go get food. She wasn't used to having complete strangers suddenly dropping by and interacting with her. Perhaps that was considered normal here?

"Here, have one. Erm, it's not bad... A while ago at least."
    "Uhm... okay." Jane took the bread she was offered. At least people were nice here. Perhaps people made friends easier here? Now that she thought about it, should she consider Jirou and Cale friends? Not that those two would regard each other like that... hmmm... She took a bite from the bread. "Wow... this tastes quite good."

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

All this talk of food made Jirou realise how hungry he really was. When the baguette was produced he stared at it unabashedly; A stare which only intensified as Jane proceeded to take a long bite from a piece of it. With a start Jirou realised that he was actually drooling, and quickly wiped it away on his sleeve. He then positioned himself next to the bread-giving newcomer, the better to benefit from any further generosity. Or at least to better smell it.

"Food sounds good. Very good. Let's go find some."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

Further down the street, not far off from Jane’s ever increasing flock walked someone who stood out from the crowd somewhat, due to his navy blue jean like overcoat and black cargo pants, his gaze more focused on the side walk than where he was going. His distant brown eyes were framed in heavy black plastic and gleaming glass as he walked, deep in thought and barely aware of his surroundings as he though to himself.

He’s impossible, unreasonable,
    John thought to himself as his sneakers stepped along the cement sidewalk, crunching on a stray piece of ice every no and then. He won’t even listen to what I have to say, or think how I might want to do things! Instead, I’m luggage! Just something to show off, another stepping stone for his things! If he just-

His train of thought was interrupted as his shoulder suddenly bumped into Jirou. He steps back, his eyes meeting with Jirou and said apologetically, *“Sorry! I wasn’t-!”* John’s sentence and step was suddenly interrupted as he bumped into Avery while he was backing away from Jirou. He swiftly turned to face Avery and said again, *“Sorry!”* In his head, his thoughts shifted from feeling wronged and angry to shame and embarrassment. Should’ve been more aware of where I was going… Stupid, stupid, stupid…

OOC: Alright, if there is anything wrong with this let me know so I can change it.

*:English
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-06 at 08:05 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

It was fortunate that Jirou's normal troglodyte impulses had been suppressed when John bumped into him. Even so, he still looked at the interloper with something almost approaching annoyance. Clearly the mental fog was starting to clear.

"Hey, you should be more careful. A guy can get seriously hurt acting like that."

The observation wasn't meant as a threat; Jirou hadn't recovered enough to bother with threats yet. To the untrained ear it could certainly sound like one, though. With that out of the way, he wasted no time in shouldering past John to get Avery back in his sights again. After a collision like that he was very anxious to see if the baguette had sustained any damage.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-02-06 at 02:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    The speedster answers Cale, now sitting on a bench behind him.

"Meeting new people of course"

He grins cheerily but then, realisation!

"Oh, and I'm trying to figure out what happened with those robots yesterday!"
    The guy that had just been on his shoulder, was now siting on Cale's shoulder somewhere behind him, and although Cale had not seen it with his eyes, he had "seen" the movement of something disrupting the aircurrent... this is useful

Wait, you fought the robots as well?, also, meeting new people sounds like a fun idea.
    and before waiting for an answer Cale walked towards someone in blue and black that was talking to Jirouand his new boyfriend

"nahh, you can't get hurt like that, although I'm not surprised you didn't see them, you drank Entwater or something?"

20. - Top - End - #860
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Ramen Booth by the River

It was quite a tough day for Rockwell. Misidentification of Target is unacceptable in CQB situations. Who knows if the shot is going to kill a hostage or not. Good thing is that the "target" was a doll.

At the end of the day, he is exhausted. From marking all the English Literature essays and Anti-Skill duty.

"A can Asahi (Japanese Beer brand) please"

"Here you go" As the stall owner hands him a Sliver, tall can of beer.

Rockwell opens the can and quickly drinks the whole can.

"How much is it?"

"1000 Yen, Including tax"

Rockwell quickly hands the stall owner a 1000 Yen bill, and starts walking back towards his place of residence. He quickly brings out his mobile phone and scrolls through the schedule of tomorrow.

"Looks like a busy day tomorrow, a new batch of recruits are firing their rifles for the first time."

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

The first person that John had bumped looked like the wrong person to mess with since he looked almost like someone who preferred to rough things up. Taller than most people with messy hair and rough clothes, but he didn’t look overly threatening. In fact, he seemed somewhat out of it, and the look of that he was giving John, looked like he was annoyed but wasn’t really into dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "Hey, you should be more careful. A guy can get seriously hurt acting like that."
    John couldn't understand the person who he initially bumped into in the slightest, though it didn't seem like he was threatening him from his tone. If anything, he might've been stating a fact or was simply commenting on the good weather for all John knew. Afterward, the person tried to shoulder his way past John, to which John just stepped to the side to let him through. John’s embarrassment made him more eager to get out of the way and not make any mistakes and to get out of there.

*“Again, I’m sorry,”* John said in a sincere but rushed tone to Jirou and Avery as he started to step away from the group, but before he could turn away and leave the scene, he was approached by someone who stood out somewhat from the rest. His hair was long and somewhat dark, his face having the same placid look as the guy he first bumped into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    "nahh, you can't get hurt like that, although I'm not surprised you didn't see them, you drank Entwater or something?"
    His tone reflected his calm and passive exterior but again whatever he said, any meaning was lost on John. He couldn't pick up anything that was being said by these strangers. John's face was obviously confused as he started to back pedal again.

*“Uhm... I'm sorry but I don't understand Japanese,”* John said then paused for a moment before he continued. His tone was starting to calm down somewhat partly because no one seemed to be making a big deal of what had happened and thus far, people seemed to be acting rather calm.

*: English

Edit: Changed it somewhat due to the fact that he doesn't understand japanese. ^_^
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-07 at 01:35 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

<" I asked if you drank some Entwater you silly, it's not like you're here without knowing a word of japanese right?">
    Last edited by Rhydeble; 2011-02-07 at 05:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Rockwell nearly forgets he needs to buy toothpaste while walking home. He quickly makes a detour and walks towards the closest Convince Store. He is in his usual thin USMC hoodie, and the cold weather makes Rockwell want to make this trip quick.

Unfortunately, that would be a huge detour for him since the area around his house is quite empty. The closest (and the cheapest) store would be in District 7, close to a restaurant where students would usually go during the night.

The roads are empty, it's past Curfew time, way past. Anyone caught on the streets would be recorded on the system database.

As he walked by the restaurant, he peeked inside. Uniforms? School Uniforms at this hour? Not wanting to see them caught by On-duty Anti-skills, Rockwell walks into the store.

He taps the shoulder of one of the student.

"Hey, you don't want to be caught by Anti-Skill at this hour. I suggest that you start heading back to your dorm, right now."

Rockwell leaves the restaurant as soon as he finished the sentence and went into the convince store to pick up some toothpaste.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

The student responded to Rockwell's shoulder tap with a typically on-edge twitch of surprise. Jirou (for it was he) had by now mostly recovered from having his brain scrambled. Not completely, though, as evidenced by the fact that he hadn't attempted a reflexive Judo throw on the tapping intruder. In any case, the Jirou who now glared at Rockwell's departing outline was no longer the happy-go-lucky whistler who'd so recently graced the streets with his cheerful warbling. His mind was once again clear, and was devoting most of its newfound abilities to working out why it was suddenly nighttime.

"Huh. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. Never have guessed that I'd get roped into eating with a load of random weirdos, but it actually turned out pretty well. Maybe I should try it more often..."

That sentiment vanished abruptly as he took a secondly glance around the restaurant. Whatever strange impulse had allowed this unlikely group to assemble, the moment had most definitely passed. A while ago Jirou had been talking and eating with these people as if they were old friends; Now he found himself wondering how most of them had managed to go the whole night without getting punched. Apart from Jane and Baguette Girl (Evely?), there wasn't anyone here who he had any desire to talk to ever again.

Ah well, it had been nice while it lasted. Wanting to preserve the last remains of his buzz, Jirou quietly excused himself from the table. A few moments later he was hurrying off into the night, pondering how strange life could be at times.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cale looked around the table, and saw that Jirou was leaving. Thinking that it was a little late, he looked to Jane and said
    "I'm going to go back to my dorm now okay? I'm getting kind of tired. oh, and here's my phone number if you need to call me"

26. - Top - End - #866

Jane said goodbye to both Jirou and Cale, thanking the latter for his phone number and immediately typed it into her cellphone. Checking the time she realized that it was past curfew already, so she quickly excused herself, grabbed her back and headed for home. Trying to remember the names of the people she just had dinner with.

Who could have known that the day could have ended like that? It was weird thinking that she'd just meet people randomly on the street. Who knows, she might have made a friend or two tonight, that was a nice thought. At least it kept her occupied while heading towards her dorm and not noticing that it was getting darker outside.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Jason

Jason made his way home. After the door closed behind him, he leaned on it heavily. Apart from the weird explosion and his brain suddenly going funny, it had been an OK day. Though it certainly took alot out of him.

A little later, he looked at himself in the mirror and saw all his clothes gritty with dirt. He knew he would have a tough conversation if his mom saw him looking like that. He hurried and changed just in time as he heard the door open.
    "[Hi mom. How was your day?]"

She places down her purse and began pulling stuff out.
    "[Very enlightening. I made enourmas progress in understanding the AIM fields of Espers. And eventually, I'll have a test suject close by.]"

Jason thinks for a minute before he understands what she meant.
    "[Oh no. You're not turning me into your pincushion.]"

His mom laughed.
    "[Oh, by the way, you're father is going to be working late tonight. Apparently there was some esper caused explosion in town.]"

Jason froze as he was crossing the room. The memory coming back to him...
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-02-09 at 11:36 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    <" I asked if you drank some Entwater you silly, it's not like you're here without knowing a word of japanese right?">
    John's face looked at the man who was talking about something called 'entwater' with blatant confusion. He had no idea what he was talking about, but the last bit of the question made him feel somewhat out of place.

*"Uh... I'm sorry but I have to go,"* John said rather quickly as he began to back away from the group and the person he was talking to.

*"Again, sorry about bumping into you two,"* He said to the two people he bumped into earlier and then turned around and started to walk home, his face red from his encounter. The interaction could've been worse, but it was a curt reminder that he was an outsider without even the ability to speak the most common language. When he was about a block away from his 'home' he gripped his hand into a tight fist.

*That won't do...*
    My life for Nerzhul!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

As soon as Cale reached his dorm, he remembered that the dorm supervisor would probably be patrolling right now.
    With any luck, his room had not yet been controlled for his presence. Cale shifted the air in front of him into a small stair, and climbed up to his third floor room. He entered through his window, and saw that his roommate was already asleep... they should really get to know each other a little better...
    Cale took of his sweaty clothes, and jumped into bed, showering could come in the morning.
    Just before drifting away into sleep, a single thought flew through Cale's mind.

I gave her my number, but I don't have her number.... not as planned...

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Katsu

Katsu waves at everybody while they leave and checking his own watch and remembering the pointlessness of consulting a watch that has been through several speed-ups just in the last few hours he decides to look for a more... accurate one.

Finding one at a clock tower of a local building he looks down from where he climbed up on it's roof.

Maybe I should get home before somebody notices I've passed curfew, that's never fun

And with that he is gone from this place as well, causing quite a few other citizens of Academy city to complain about speeding Espers and strong winds.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2011-02-09 at 02:58 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.