New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Judgement Recruitment Offices

A clerk looks up, a smile on her face. "Okay! Can I have your name, please?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Judgement Recruitment Offices

A clerk looks up, a smile on her face. "Okay! Can I have your name, please?"
    Kazumi
    [Judgement Office]

Kazumi looks at the clerk with a confused look. Maybe she couldn't hear very well.

"My name is Kanazuchi Kazumi." She repeatedly said.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Actually, that was my fault. }}

The clerk starts typing on her computer. "All right... Kanazuchi, goes to Tokiwadai Middle School... Level 3, Esper Ability Enduring Bastion, is that correct?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi

Kazumi nodded. It was always impressive the information that was collected. That was the power of Academy City, but also it was an annoyance. There was no privacy here.

Was it a good idea to join Judgement? She didn't want to spy on people.

"Yes, that's correct." Kazumi said politely. She was still a little nervous.

"What do I have to do to register?"

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, your signature will be needed to declare that yes, you want to join Judgement. There are also some fitness tests involved, and assuming you passed those, Tokiwadai would receive notification of your new status and you'd get the armband and some equipment for use on the job. You'd then be assigned to one of the branch offices- most Judgement training is on-the-job, although you won't be thrown right into the deep end."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, your signature will be needed to declare that yes, you want to join Judgement. There are also some fitness tests involved, and assuming you passed those, Tokiwadai would receive notification of your new status and you'd get the armband and some equipment for use on the job. You'd then be assigned to one of the branch offices- most Judgement training is on-the-job, although you won't be thrown right into the deep end."
    Kazumi

"Ah, ok. I'm ready then." Kazumi said with determination. She looked for the paper to sign, and wrote her name cleanly on it. She was a Tokiwadai student, after-all. But she would have to keep Sakurako from learning.

Well, maybe she would anyway.
    There was some sweat to appear by her head. Yes, to thrown into the deep end, already she had become famous for to jump from a bridge. So a fitness test would be easy with her personal reality.

"Ok, when can I start the tests?" Kazumi asked hopefully.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right now, if you'll come with me, please?"

The clerk stands, and starts to head to a track.

Once they're there, the test will start. Not going into the fine details, it mostly involves testing of Kazari's stamina, with some testing of speed.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right now, if you'll come with me, please?"

The clerk stands, and starts to head to a track.

Once they're there, the test will start. Not going into the fine details, it mostly involves testing of Kazari's stamina, with some testing of speed.
    Kazumi

Kazumi followed the clerk to the track and changed into her PE clothes for the tests.

The tests were very similar to a lot of the tests Kazumi preformed for her power tests. She could run all day, and could endure the tests.

Finally she finished and changed back into her uniform as the results prepared. She came from the bathroom.

"Did I pass?" Kazumi asked hopefully.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Akiyama manages to pull the pen from his pocket before he ducks to dodge the blow to his face, unfortunately this put his head at level with the second blow knocking him silly...

This has the side effect of sending adrenaline coursing throughout his system and removing his inhibitions towards going all out for a second.

A sudden breeze picks up as the air around the two starts compressing into dangerous levels behind Akiyamas hand.

Fortunately for everyone involved people aren't the best aim when realing from a blow to the face by a giant person.

Instead of blowing someones brains out it merely hits a tree and tears a hole the size of a silver dollar into it, with the melting shattered remains of a pen at the end.

Fortunately for akiyama that tree wasn't the largest, and the sudden impact makes it fall towards the combatants...

The vicious esper’s red face suddenly contorted into a grin of satisfaction as he battered away Akiyama. His hands were starting to ease up and return to his side while his right foot was starting step forward, before he realized that his target managed to pull whatever it was he wanted to pull out and was starting to aim at him. He started to leap to the side, though it seemed like he was too slow as a thick breeze breathed on the two combatants.

Then a sharp whistle filled the air followed by a loud crack as wood gave way to the projectile. Splinters showered the air while the esper covered his face with his large arms while he dove in the air. Swaying for a moment, as if indecisive, before the tree started to creak, twist and fall. The esper looked up as it started to come down in which to his perception seemed to slow down, while his own movements seemed far too sluggish as he rolled to the side.

The tree slammed and a branch hit him in the face, making a small crack as the nose broke and blood started to leak profusely onto his face. Stunned for a moment, and blank of all emotion for a moment he could only reach up at the branch and snap it off with his large arms and began getting up, his eyes somewhat unfocused as he looked around until his bloodshot eyes locked back on his target. And with that, his rage pounded into his ears as he roared viscously.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, you passed."

The clerk checks her watch. "Hmmm... she should be there right now...

I'm going to assign you to 135th Branch Office. They're the most in-need with a reasonable travel time for you, and they've got someone who could show you the ropes. Now, only thing left is to give you the Judgement Armband and directions. Equipment will be given out when you get there."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    <"Cale!"> Jane said happily, though unsure what else she was supposed to do. Walk up to him? Stay where she stood now? She decided to just awkwardly wave at him. <"I'm happy to see you're okay. After that earthquake I thought you, Jirou and that other boy were in big trouble.">

"mwehhh, we were allright. It seems that our opponents did more collateral damage then that they actually did to us. I just wish I'd gotten a chance to attack back at them."
    Cale said, his face trying, and failing, to mask his relief at seeing Jane safe and sound.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, you passed."

The clerk checks her watch. "Hmmm... she should be there right now...

I'm going to assign you to 135th Branch Office. They're the most in-need with a reasonable travel time for you, and they've got someone who could show you the ropes. Now, only thing left is to give you the Judgement Armband and directions. Equipment will be given out when you get there."
    Kanazuchi Kazumi

"Thank you. I look forward to working together." Kazumi said with polite bowing. She received the paper and looked at it a little.
    "Ok, I'll go there from now." She said with a satisfied sound.

Even if it was a small accomplishment, it was an exciting beginning.

Kazumi was quiet the whole time she rode the bus. Of course Tokiwadai students were visible by uniform, but to be a student in Academy City was to be 'normal'. To be an Esper was special, but because it is personal reality, maybe it is still 'normal' of a feeling. Even though it is impressive maybe.

But to be in Judgement, now of course Kazumi knows she will be more visible. She will have responsibilities too.
    Maybe it's growing up too quickly? But probably mostly to do small things to help people- it is not a bad thing.

Leaving the bus at the station, Kazumi follows the directions to the 135 Branch office. She knocked before opening the door.
    "Hello, I'm Kanazuchi Kazumi. New member of Judgement, reporting for duty. I look forward to working together." She said with a bow to the first person who saw her.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

At the moment, there's only one person there, a 15-year old girl who's also in the Tokiwadai uniform. "Ah! Hello there. I'm Inoue Tsubasa, pleased to meet you!"

She quickly bows back, before letting Kazumi in.

"Kazumi, Kazumi, Kazumi... Sorry in advance if I forget your name, I always do that at first..."

Although Tsubasa is smiling, it's slightly nervous. Mostly at meeting someone new. "So, let's get you settled down first. You need the standard gear for patrol duties, right?"
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-05-16 at 05:22 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

At the moment, there's only one person there, a 15-year old girl who's also in the Tokiwadai uniform. "Ah! Hello there. I'm Inoue Tsubasa, pleased to meet you!"

She quickly bows back, before letting Kazumi in.

"Kazumi, Kazumi, Kazumi... Sorry in advance if I forget your name, I always do that at first..."

Although Tsubasa is smiling, it's slightly nervous. Mostly at meeting someone new. "So, let's get you settled down first. You need the standard gear for patrol duties, right?"
    Kazumi

Eh!? So informal!! Kazumi is surprised. But her roommate is Sakurako, so it is also similar.

Are all Judgement Tokiwadai like this? She wonders.

"Aa... thank you Inoue sempai." Kazumi says, following the senior student Tsubasa. "What is standard gear for patrol duties? I know I need the armband, but..."

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

"Two pairs of handcuffs for if we need to secure suspects until Anti-Skill arrives to take them into custody. That's the standard, anyway. Quite a few members have personalised equipment, mostly to work with their powers."

Tsubasa indicates a bulky-looking backpack by her desk. "Case in point. Also, obviously, a desk for work- yours is next to mine, in fact."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

"Two pairs of handcuffs for if we need to secure suspects until Anti-Skill arrives to take them into custody. That's the standard, anyway. Quite a few members have personalized equipment, mostly to work with their powers."

Tsubasa indicates a bulky-looking backpack by her desk. "Case in point. Also, obviously, a desk for work- yours is next to mine, in fact."
    Kazumi

"Ok." Kazumi nods. "What do you have in the backpack?" She asks curiously, moving to her new desk. It's empty right now, but Kazumi thinks soon it will have a lot of work.

What kind of equipment could help her power? Well, she did not need any. That was an advantage maybe?

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubasa grins. "Minature glider wings. They'd never support a human on normal air currents, but my ability, Wind Rider, means I can control the air currents enough to fly using them."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubasa grins. "Minature glider wings. They'd never support a human on normal air currents, but my ability, Wind Rider, means I can control the air currents enough to fly using them."
    Kazumi

There is a sweat by Kazumi's head.

"Is that so? That must be nice." To be able to fly would be fun. Maybe. But in uniform it would be a bad thing probably too- Kazumi thinks.

Kazumi fixes her ponytail.

"When do I start patrol? Where should I patrol? When do I patrol?"

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um... we'll be patrolling together for the first few days, at the very least. Today's mostly settling in, though."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bago!!! View Post
    The vicious esper’s red face suddenly contorted into a grin of satisfaction as he battered away Akiyama. His hands were starting to ease up and return to his side while his right foot was starting step forward, before he realized that his target managed to pull whatever it was he wanted to pull out and was starting to aim at him. He started to leap to the side, though it seemed like he was too slow as a thick breeze breathed on the two combatants.

Then a sharp whistle filled the air followed by a loud crack as wood gave way to the projectile. Splinters showered the air while the esper covered his face with his large arms while he dove in the air. Swaying for a moment, as if indecisive, before the tree started to creak, twist and fall. The esper looked up as it started to come down in which to his perception seemed to slow down, while his own movements seemed far too sluggish as he rolled to the side.

The tree slammed and a branch hit him in the face, making a small crack as the nose broke and blood started to leak profusely onto his facehe . Stunned for a moment, and blank of all emotion for a moment he could only reach up at the branch and snap it off with his large arms and began getting up, his eyes somewhat unfocused as he looked around until his bloodshot eyes locked back on his target. And with that, his rage pounded into his ears as roared viscously.
    Akiyama manages to roll away with the arrival of the tree.

He pulls out a cell phone and after a short look to make sure it looked ok, dialed the equivalent of 911.

"Hey! Where are you guys?! There's an esper going on a rampage over here! I've got him busy for now, but it would be nice if someone from judgement or anti-skill would show up."

About this time His Ape-like freind starts standing up. And the cellphone promptly becomes a projectile speeding towards him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ettin in the Playground

Shelley looks on the with horror as she and John arrive at the scene.

*WHOMP*
    Oh my god!
    *click* dude, put down the cameraphone and call 911! no way, this is going straight to /x/!
    *CRACK*
    creeak-gurgle, strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrretch...
    ba-thump, ba-THUMP, ba-THMPBATHUMPBATHUMPA

The kid looked like one of the kids from her school, except he was growing taller and older my the second, shivering and gurgling as his body assumed a more powerful but increasingly unfamiliar shape. By now he is just surpassing Shelley's height, but quickly beginning to tower over her. To Shelley, his body was on fire with red heat radiation, giving him a sort of demonic presence that even espers do not usually get.

She also notices something else... a sort of weird sound and smell that she had only encountered once before.

She probably would not have noticed normally, since the quality was somewhat different, and he was actually growing faster and more energetic as opposed to collapsing. It strikes her because the last time she encountered something like this, it was, shall we say, more first-hand.

...is this what almost happened to me?

Shelley started shivering at that thought as her own heart began to race. Gripped by indecision, she watches silently as Akiyama continues to fail at bringing the hulk down.

No... no, this isn't right...

This has to "STOP!"

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Judgement Offices

Suddenly, a phone rings, Tsubasa moving to pick it up. "Uh-huh... okay."

She hands up. "Looks like there's no time for that, though. We've got an incident."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Judgement Offices

Suddenly, a phone rings, Tsubasa moving to pick it up. "Uh-huh... okay."

She hands up. "Looks like there's no time for that, though. We've got an incident."

Kazumi

"What kind of incident? Where?" Kazumi asks, standing up quickly. She checks her clothes and sees the armband on her sleeve. Yes, she is in Judgement now.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

"Information's sketchy, but it appears to be an Esper on a rampage. The call came from a park only a short distance from here, so we should be able to get there quickly."

Tsubasa digs out a map, and puts her finger on the location of the park. She's right- there's barely a kilometer between the Judgement offices and the park. "And, of course, buildings in the way... how quickly can you get there running? While still in a condition to fight if we have to."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Orc in the Playground

The growling esper stood up and deftly side-stepped as the phone flew past him into the air. At this point, he was 6’0” and loomed over Akiyama and his muscles kept growing, though this time they seemed to have slowed down and were growing in proportion to his height and expanding weight. He looked wider and more compact. His shirt was ripped off and it looked like his trousers were next Still he was growing. Getting back up to his feet the esper growled and hoisted the branch as he would with a javelin. Then he threw the branch at Akiyama, and as it flew toward him the enraged esper ripped another branch off the trunk as he then got ready to fling it at him again before he was distracted by a voice.

His feral gaze turned toward Shelly, and seemed distracted for a moment. His gaze provided him with a small crowd of people that was watching the spectacle, some with expressions of horror, and others seemed to be taking pictures and videos of the entire event. A roar escaped his throat as he threw the branch at the people who looked at him so.

--------

John stood there, somewhat unnerved at what he was seeing. This guy was growing by the second, and his muscles were warping visibly from this distance. There was only one word that John could think of for this thing. He’s a Monster. John thought to himself. Over the tree facing the monster, John saw the kid that seemed to be holding his own against this beast. The scenario made it look like he was the hero, the David fighting Goliath. He was on the phone for a moment, before the phone shot through the sky at incredible speed but hit only air. The goliath threw his rebuttal at Akiyama.

"STOP!"

John forgot that Shelly was with him. He turned to her and then back at the combatants, somewhat afraid that they would draw attention to themselves. His fear proved true as the brute threw his other branch in their direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nine Minutes

OOC: Edit due to there being mixed up with their. ><
    Also note the branch hasn't made impact yet. I am waiting for people to make actions. If no one makes an action, then John will try to deflect it away.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-05-17 at 08:16 AM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

"Information's sketchy, but it appears to be an Esper on a rampage. The call came from a park only a short distance from here, so we should be able to get there quickly."

Tsubasa digs out a map, and puts her finger on the location of the park. She's right- there's barely a kilometer between the Judgement offices and the park. "And, of course, buildings in the way... how quickly can you get there running? While still in a condition to fight if we have to."
    Kazumi

"Maybe three minutes?" She guesses. It depends on the buildings. She is not super fast, but certainly she won't be tired to run such a short distance.

"If you're going to fly... I guess I will see you at the park?" Kazumi wonders.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubasa nods. "If I go flat-out, I can be there in... about a minute and a half after taking off."

She hands Kazumi an earpiece. "Use that to keep in contact, okay?"

If Kazumi has nothing else to say, she'll sprint out of the office, heading up the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bago!!! View Post
    The growling esper stood up and deftly side-stepped as the phone flew past him into the air. At this point, he was 6’0” and loomed over Akiyama and his muscles kept growing, though this time they seemed to have slowed down and were growing in proportion to his height and expanding weight. He looked wider and more compact. His shirt was ripped off and it looked like his trousers were next Still he was growing. Getting back up to his feet the esper growled and hoisted the branch as he would with a javelin. Then he threw the branch at Akiyama, and as it flew toward him the enraged esper ripped another branch off the trunk as he then got ready to fling it at him again before he was distracted by a voice.

His feral gaze turned toward Shelly, and seemed distracted for a moment. His gaze provided him with a small crowd of people that was watching the spectacle, some with expressions of horror, and others seemed to be taking pictures and videos of the entire event. A roar escaped his throat as he threw the branch at the people who looked at him so.

--------

John stood there, somewhat unnerved at what he was seeing. This guy was growing by the second, and his muscles were warping visibly from this distance. There was only one word that John could think of for this thing. He’s a Monster. John thought to himself. Over the tree facing the monster, John saw the kid that seemed to be holding his own against this beast. The scenario made it look like he was the hero, the David fighting Goliath. He was on the phone for a moment, before the phone shot through the sky at incredible speed but hit only air. The goliath threw his rebuttal at Akiyama.

"STOP!"

John forgot that Shelly was with him. He turned to her and then back at the combatants, somewhat afraid that they would draw attention to themselves. His fear proved true as the brute threw his other branch in there direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nine Minutes
    Akiyama dived to the side barely missing the branch...

he stands up and says

"So you're gonna play my game huh, you're gonna regret.."

He notices the change in monsterboys attention. and turns... in time to see a branch go flying past.

"Get the heck outta here!"

Akiyama reaches down to scoop up few pebbles before turning and launching them at the berserker. It shouldn't have enough mass to seriously injure, but it should hurt enough to get attention.

"Hey! Donkey Kong! You're fighting me!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi

"Okay!" Kazumi says, putting on the earpiece. When Tsubasa runs up, Kazumi runs down.

Soon she is leaving the building.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

As she does so, she can probably see Tsubasa gliding towards the park, heading quickly there while using her abilities to provide herself with lift.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.