New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

"The kid they tried to kidnap. They said he was pretty famous. Something to do with Britain."

Katsu explains, apparently not very overwhelmed by the events of the day.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

"[I don't know anyone in judgement, no. I don't really know too much about them except what was told by my dad.]"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

Frank heard the bullets, but no sounds of injuries. It seemed as though the sniper wanted to protect the brute that had been rampaging. That means the chances of someone being killed have dropped significantly, but also means that Hulk Jr is part of something bigger.

Frank flexes his left hand, wincing when he feels a twinge from his wrist. He then pushes a button on his headset and calls for backup.

"This is Frank Marshall reporting a disturbance at the park. Some kind of creature is rampaging, and there seems to be a sniper supporting it. Request immediate assistance. Over."

Frank then pulls a rather bulky looking pistol from its holster, holding it with only his right hand. Here we go again...

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama takes cover behind a dumpster, and starts making his way, carefully, towards a soda machine.

Soda cans hurt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So I take it you don't know anyone in Judgement Katsu? [ How about you Jane, do you know anyone there we can ask?]" Cale said, hoping for a yes, although a different plan for getting the information was already forming in his mind.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Everyone seems to be busy hiding from the sniper, except the monstrous one that is, so Marc decides to take a chance. A cone of pure darkness suddenly cuts off all the anti-skill from the espers.

[Allllrighty then, gov'ner. I assumed people 'ave tried Japanese by now, and you don't look like yer knowin German so hows about English, old bean? 'Er Majesty's tongue and all that?]
    Anyone present for that sentence who spoke English would have been either laughing or insulted as it was delivered with the most cockney accent ever heard outside Mary Poppins.

[]-English
    'Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!' - Johnson, Cave.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Katsu shakes his head.

"Nope, no one. Unless I have a cousin working there or something. That would be neat."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1268

Jane bit her lip. <No, sorry. I don't think I do.>
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Dwarf in the Playground

["That's too bad really. I had hoped this would be easy."] Cale said, sighing. But the rumours he had heard while going here might be useful now.
    ["I do have a back-up plan, but it might be a little risky."] Cale continued.[" I'm pretty sure there's something weird happening in a park near the 135th judgement office, so it should be low on manpower. If I can couple my smartphone to one of their computers I can acces the databases, but we'll need to get in, and out, hopefully unseen."]

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Orc in the Playground

Crack-Crick-Snap-Pop
    Creeeaaaak

Sickening noises became apart of the background as Goliath stood as he rose from the ground, his body visibly quivering from the sudden changes. Muscles crept and roped around bone visibly under the skin which stretched to accommodate the sudden growth. His shoulders kept growing wider, making him look bulky. The growth rate seemed to change from a rate of minutes to mere seconds. Every few seconds seemed to add an inch to his mass to the already massive giant to his overall mass.

Looking down at Tsubasa as he started to gain height, Goliath took a step forward cautiously with the intent to reach out and crush. But his attention changed suddenly when he saw yet another person joining the battlefield. His command of Judgment and the grenade launcher he carried immediately caused Goliath to turn his head and let out a threatening growl though the brute now seemed confused and hesitant. At this point, there were too many people in the fight at the moment and Goliath was having trouble prioritizing who he should crush first. Hesitation took over him when the anti-skill officer shot the canister at him, which Goliath covered his face with his elbow rather sluggishly in a feeble attempt to protect his face.

*Bang*
    *Klang*
    *Kshhhhhh*

Goliath flinched at the sound of the gunshot and the breaking of the canister. He managed a peek and noticed the remains of the canister on the ground. Then shouts and cries rang out as a large dust cloud suddenly exploded. Goliath looked around confused before the cloud cleared and people started to run for cover. Then more shots. Goliath’s confusion deepened as another feeling intermixed with the rage. It was the distinct feeling of fear. Slowly Goliath tried to make his way to cover, his reflexes being pulled down by his large mass as he made his way for a tree. It was where the two twins had taken cover over there. Whether Goliath was oblivious to their presence or simply didn’t really care, wasn’t particularly sure.

However, as Goliath drew closer to the tree, he was distracted by an opaque ‘screen’ that blocked his sight of vision to his right. Then one of the oddest and strangest things for that day happened. A ‘thing’ covered in the same black screen and one eye spoke to him in English with a distinct Cockney English accent. He stopped for but a moment, before growling at the annoyance and resuming moving toward cover behind the tree, despite that his frame has grown exponentially from six feet and six inches to a rough seven feet, and still growing. Not to mention he was three feet wide from shoulder to shoulder. It looked like the tree would hardly be able to cover most of his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    13 Minutes Have Elapsed

OOC: Finally! I'm gonna do a victory crawl.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-07-04 at 02:10 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

11. - Top - End - #1271

Frank remains behind the tree, and gingerly reaches for a flash grenade with his injured left hand.

"If there are any espers that can use their powers from cover, please don't hesitate to do so!"

He keeps an eye on the monster while trying to keep out of the sniper's sights

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

The sniper's rifle remained silent, apparently unable to get a good shot through the shroud of darkness; At least, that was what they hoped everyone would think. Either way, the important thing was to keep them all scared and off-balance. If they got a chance to calm down, they'd quickly realise that this attack was nothing more than an illusion. Unfortunately the new Esper who'd created the shroud was making said illusion harder and harder to maintain. At this rate the brawl could just pick up where it left off, and then everyone really would be at risk. Didn't this shadowy figure know how much danger he was putting everyone in with his little stunt? If the behemoth started rampaging again, that brave (or moronic) cockney diplomat might well be the first in line for a snapped neck.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally reaching the soda machine, Akiyama slides a note in, and retrieves...

A can of cola.

He starts looking around, first to see if he can spot the sniper, and then to check on judgement girl and king kong.

Hearing the Officers cry he ducks behind the soda machine, and readies himself to throw, if necessary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Katsu looks intrigued by the plan.

"Sounds fun! How are we going to get in unseen? I could probably get in if they don't have too good cameras, but I don't think you can move that quickly"

He looks a bit distannt as he tries to figure out how to get into a Judgement office at human speeds.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #1275

Frank exhales a cloud of smoke, then kicks a stone out of cover. Now that he can be fairly sure he has the snipers attention, he throws the flash bomb to near where the stone has landed.

"Cover your eyes, everyone!"

Once the flash bomb goes off, Frank makes a run for Goliath

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Jason nods.
    "[You could transfer any information to my computer here, as a back up if you guys get caught or something.]"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

No further bullets assailed Frank as he made his dash across the park. Apparently his plan had been successful, although there was of course no way for him to know for sure. Strangely enough, this uncertainty even applied to the man who was parked almost beneath the sniper's perch. Even at such close quarters, the tree's occupant remained silent and unmoving. The sound of their rifle as it aimed and fired was easily audible to one so close, but its wielder might as well have been a ghost.

18. - Top - End - #1278

<"Uhm... I guess... I could come along."> Jane already disliked what she was going to say before she had said it. <"Like, if I use my powers then I can feel humans thoughts around me. I could keep watch that nobody is around and... like that..."> She couldn't believe she was actually volunteering to use her powers against others. Then again... wasn't she helping people in need by doing it?
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Dwarf in the Playground

[I can probably keep people from getting is easily once we're in ourselves, but yeah, the camera's can be a problem. does any of you have any idea for that?] Cale said, giving translations to Katsu where needed.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Katsu looks thoughtful for a second before replying.

"I could try to get past and find a way to shut it off. But I can't run at lightspeed or anything."

He pauses and remembers one last thing to add.

"And the speed of sound is not very stealthy"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Orc in the Playground

Goliath finally was behind cover as he looked around, his instincts screaming to take action but unable to determine who was the larger threat. His eyes glanced over toward Frank as he yelled out something. Goliath could make out from the corner of his eye the movement of a can of some sort.

OOC: Still here.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama yells out to the officer "Who should I be worried about sir? The sniper or king kong?"
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1283

Frank responds to Akiyama quickly "I'd worry about both if I were you! that way all your bases are covered!"

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Frank responds to Akiyama quickly "I'd worry about both if I were you! that way all your bases are covered!"
    But if you worry too much, your hair will fall out early.

Marc casually turns to face the officers, and so does the cone of darkness.
    'Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!' - Johnson, Cave.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Azabu Academy, Main Entrance
    Nick Orion walked through the chilly winter air, analyzing the sheer beauty of the snowflakes as they fell. Sometimes, taking time to take things in was wroth it. Well, school was out, and he was just standing around there....it would probably be best to do something other then freezing his butt off.

District 15
    Nick browses the various stalls as he passes them, able to easily take in all of the details. Certainly, there was a wide array of goods for sale. Of course, then a rock decides to ruin his day. He slows down his flow, analyzing the situation...and coming up with the conclusion that, unless intervention occurred, he was likely to smack face first into snow. How embarrassing.

Ooc: LIVE, DAMN YOU, LIVE!

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ettin in the Playground

Fortunately for Nick, intervention did indeed occur. Unfortunately, said intervention consisted of an outstretched arm breaking his fall with all the softness of an iron bar. Kiyoshi Jirou glanced down at the boy who was now wrapped partly over his arm, before pulling him unceremoniously to his feet.

"You all right, buddy? You'd better be, 'cause I really don't wanna go to another hospital right now."

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nick wheezes, all of the air knocked straight out of his lungs. He slows down his flow for a moment to quickly analyze his savior in detail, then resumes his regular flow...and wheezing. After a few moments of this, he manages to say "Y...yeah, thanks a ton for the save." He shakes his head, and remembers that he really should actually start to make acquaintances "Oh right, I'm Nick, and you are?" He outstretches one of his hands for a good old fashioned handshake.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ettin in the Playground

Nick's seemingly brief glance revealed a good amount of information about his 'rescuer'. Firstly, the obvious: He was big. His height was such that he didn't so much stand as loom, although still not enough to equal Nick's gargantuan stature. Combined with his craggy features and well-developed muscles, this was the sort of person who would usually exude menace from every pore...Except that for some reason he didn't. While physically impressive, he lacked the indefinable presence which all great thugs need to have.

The boy's face dispelled any intimidation that still remained, since its expression was one of worry; However, his slightly unfocused eyes suggested that that worry wasn't on Nick's behalf. His manner as he took, shook and crushed Nick's outstretched hand was that of a man preoccupied. Clearly the bulk of his mind was on other matters.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm Jirou. Kiyoshi Jirou."

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azabu Academy, Dorms]

A new student has just entered the room ((if it is a room? I'm uncertain of the architectural details. Please correct me if I mess them up.)). He's about six feet tall, thin, and is currently wearing black jeans an a black t-shirt with long sleeves. He also has gloves on. He's around fifteen.

He looks around curiously.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-25 at 12:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nick blinks, slightly intimidated. This man was practically a giant! Yet...still, he didn't radiate the aura a thug usually gives off. Of course, this train of thought gets interupted by his hand being nearly crushed. He pulls it back quickly with a wince of pain, saying "Nice to meet you Jioru. Is...ow...something wrong? You seem...distracted." He rubs his wounded hand, as if to reassure himself that it was not broken.