New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part 2 [4E]

Lucan - Half-elf bard

"I do not know whether we should loan the Flame to the deva," Lucan says. "But we should return it and Oedipus to the Rex family. After that... I am intrigued by these hints of Sigil."

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Zyrr

"Ah, c'mon. Let the deva have his final death. It's not every decade I meet somebody who actually wants me to kill them, and it's a nice change of pace." The drow picks up a feywild-grown fruit out of a nearby bowl and bites into it. He makes a sour face, and tosses the fruit aside before continuing. "Besides, he's a magic trinket merchant and at least one group knows we have the Flame. He might have something to help us get out of the city before the more unsavory bidders have us under siege."
    Last edited by Toric; 2010-11-10 at 10:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Shepherd turns to Eltain, the weight of heavy thoughts evident on his brow.

"You said he was an odd fellow, did you not? If he was so odd, do you think he is trustworthy? This is a very funny place, and I have yet to see anything here that is exactly what it seems. Perhaps this funny man does not want to die at all, but simply wants the Flame and will run away with it." The Shepherd frowns, his mouth a deep fissure in his face.

"Beware the hungry wolf, for the lengths he will go to steal a goat are great indeed."

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain nods at Shep.

"The possibility of him lying and simply wanting to run away with it had occurred to me, yes. Honestly, I have no idea if he's trustworthy or not. I tried to get a read on him, but I couldn't really figure anything out. And you're right, our priority should be to get the flame back to Tacitus. Still, it's just so unsettling to me." He frowns. "I suppose if we decided for it, if one of us kept possession of the flame and killed him, that might work, but... That would be horrible. He hasn't done anything to us."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Zyrr chuckles in the corner. "First we decline a devil's offer and now we're considering turning away an angel. If we aren't careful we'll be known as the pickiest adventurers across the planes. ...I still say we let the deva do as he wills with the flame. I have a hunch he won't run off with it."
    Last edited by Toric; 2010-11-10 at 04:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick nods as Shep expresses his concerns. "That's part of the reason I don't think we should be making the decision at all. I think we all know our first responsibility is to get the flame back to Tacitus. After that, if he wishes to allow the deva to use it, what is it to us? We might be able to still leverage assistance from Tzunk if we really think we need it. I'd expect our recommendation would carry some weight in his request, so he will probably be willing to help us get out of town safely."

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain nods at Pavick's words.

"That seems wise. I want to help people, of course, but this I suppose isn't really for me to decide. Although I can't really see Tacitus as being willing to help Tzunk in that particular matter. He doesn't really seem the sort to have much of an understanding of beauty or the pain of others..." Eltain frowns and looks to Aramil as if about to ask him, but then looks away, a troubled expression on his face. Aramil had been all too willing to deal with demons; perhaps it would not be wise to place as much trust in him as he previously had.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-11-10 at 09:54 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil speaks up, finally breaking out of his silent pondering. "I am inclined to believe your deva friend. The weight of millennia of memories must be terrible... and besides, until we find a means to return to the Prime Material, we will be stuck here anyway, will we not? A magic items dealer may in fact have a trinket or two to speed our journey. Or, if it comes down to it, I could contact my family again."

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

"...And they would want to use the Flame for their own purposes." Eltain sighed. "And I'm sure we could find another more accessible gate, but it could take a while and be somewhat dangerous..." He rubs the bridge of his nose. "I know where one is, but it's in the Winter Court's territory, in Certhiel's city, and it's a couple of weeks to Fallcrest from there once you're on the mortal world side." He looks unhappy. "If he really is that miserable, though, I do want to try to help him..."
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-11-11 at 12:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Without too much trouble, a message is sent to Tzunk, and before long the awkward Deva arrives. He fumbles around for a few moments, but eventually agrees. After another few minutes of bumbling thanks, you again see him re-gain his focus, as he pulls out a scroll and a match. As he reads from the scroll, the match lights itself, and as his chanting comes to a close, he blows it out. Even as the smoke from the match rises, you find yourself and all of your belongings slowly turning into smoke as well.

Before long, the entire group is nothing more than a small cloud (albeit one with a section that looks remarkably like a sheep). A few moments later you're able to catch a gust of wind, and before long you find yourself back in the field with the portal.

Having done it once before, and with the power of the Flame, Pavick has no trouble re-activating the portal, and with a flash of light, you find yourself back on the material plane, victorious.

END OF PART 2

Please see this post in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-11-11 at 07:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

New IC thread is here

New OOC thread is here