New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default D&D 3.5 Craft (weaponsmithing) Idea

I had this idea - what if there was a class that specialized in taking random bits of metal on the spot of the battle and making weapons with which to attack? Sort of like a blacksmith, but much faster - normally they would take reduced time, and then so many times per day they could "lightning craft" - allowing them to seemingly throw perfect weapons together from little more than scraps - as they move across the battlefield, their hands seem to move at ridiculous speeds, and they appear in a state of complete focus. Running up to the enemy, their weapon appears almost to put itself together, up until the last instant before the enemy is struck with the still-hot blade.

Was there ever anything like this before?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 Craft (weaponsmithing) Idea

I've seen the idea in play, or a variant thereof (punching stones to make stone shaped shruiken, running up a gate and having clubs and staves fall to the ground under the character, etc.), but never in the form of a D&D class. I would like to see this, so go for it.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 Craft (weaponsmithing) Idea

Actually The Inventor from "Blackmoor: Clock and Steam" (which is 3.X) comes close to that... sounds like if you crossed that, with the Engineer class I saw on these boards, and then took what you needed from the Soulknife you might have a good start on it.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.