New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Dragonapalooza [Adventure Thread]

Any assets that we can acquire would be useful for our cause. If it can find treasure, then it can certainly find a dragon's hoard, and where there is a dragon's hoard there be a dragon.

I vote for the forcible option.
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Agreeing with Cavalone's assessment, and not hearing any objections from the rest, Carmen readies her bow. She quietly stalks back towards the kobolds. She's going to try to get about 100 ft away before firing, and she'd like to have cover to fire from.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cavalone draws his longsword from the sheath hanging from his belt. He unslings his shield from his back, and twirls his longsword in his hand once, readying himself for battle. As soon as Carmen attacks, Cavalone will charge into battle and close in.
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Fash Dergel

Do not expect help from me for this deed. For I am against killing them. Good luck if you are really bloodthirsty, but I hope they flee before you Fash says while Tarzan sits down and he looks disapproving at the other two.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Carmen speaks to herself but loud enough for the others to hear. "A druid who is unwilling to fight off grave-robbing scavengers? This is a first for me. I was briefly worried about the knight being too principled, but it seems I should truly be worried about the rest of them who hold nothing sacred."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Fash Dergel

It is the nature of some to do stuff like that. As one of the natures arts I old those rules sacred. Do not attack unless attacked, do not try to fight nature, only those unnatural abominations that should not exist. Like I said before I will not fight those that do not harm me nor natures equilibrium. They who are doing that seem to be comletely natural, and that does not to me at least seem like a grave. I admit I do not like what I see, but attacking or killing them for that would make me as evil as those that try to oppress others into thinking how they want them to think. I leave you free to do what you want, but in the case of attacking do not expect a warrior of nature to help you. Nor will Tarzan help you, because if he would have the intention to do that or would have seen that they were not living, but the walking dead he would have charged them and there would've been no way for me to stop him. Dragons he will not charge blindly, the unliving will he try to smash before they even see him.

Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Carmen stops short when she hears Fash's words. "I've met tribes of kobolds. As you would put it, 'naturally' they're miners and they shun the cities of men. Yet here they are, digging through this tomb of a city, amassing a hoard of gems ripped from the bodies buried in the rubble."

Carmen turns to Lugh and Avery. "Sir Cavalone and I are going to find some small amount of retribution for the people buried in the rubble."
    Last edited by Yucca; 2010-10-15 at 04:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lugh shakes his head, "I do not like it, but will not let my friends come to harm. I shall follow." The young priest takes a deep breath and steps forward, raising his shield and spear up in a defensive posture.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cavalone nods approvingly.

Do not think that I am hindering myself just because I am principled. I would prefer to fight someone up front, face-to-face, not cowardly stab them in the back. How do you know that you are a man worthy of honor if you cannot fight your foe as equals? That is my philosophy. As for you two, I well understand that your fighting capacity may not be as great as mine and Carmen's, and I understand your intentions, but do not expect the same humanity from these Kobolds, expecially you, fash. I'm sure that they won't hesitate to put your head on a spear.

He moves with Carmen, keeping some distance to not give away her position.

I don't think I've ever heard of a Gnome who didn't want to hurt a Kobold. Yet here we are.
    Last edited by IncarnumJunkie; 2010-10-13 at 08:24 PM.
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Carmen smiles, almost conspiratorially, at Cavalone. "Having principles will save your life, being a slave to them will end it. Your philosophy has value, I do not think you let it hinder you from doing the job that needs done."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I fight with principle because I am a Knight of Arvindor, and as a Knight I fight with principle to prove the capacity of my prowess not only to others around me but myself. It is a principle of perfection of one's martial prowess and battlefield honor, not the stagnation of fighting ability. I am not merely a brute with armor and sword, but sometimes a soldier and sometimes a guardian. Should I be met with a face-to-face challenge, then I will not hesitate to meet that challenge. I think that my philosophies are better discusses at another time, we have work to do. Carmen, I suggest that you provide us with ranged support, and I also suggest you take the opening shot. Lugh, do what you can to support us, and you can call on my aid should you find yourself attacked directly. Fash, if today your feelings on nature and equilibrium are proven wrong, then please do provide some support for us and if they do attack you then please do chalk it up to them being Kobolds. I do agree with you on something; I myself would be hesitant to attack an unarmed, helpless entity, even a Kobold, but I'm not going to give someone the time to put a bolt through my helmet if they are still a threat.
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Fash

Like I said I will wish you luck. But I do not fight them nor hinder you in fighting them. My master was very strict to never attack unless attacked. That was how he lived and how I will live. Attacking means give in to anger and hate and that's something that would make me unableto be who I am now. Fash says while nodding towards the others.

Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Setting aside the philosophy, Carmen returns to her original plan: to close to whithin 100 feet then attack. If she closes unnoticed, she will fire on the leader, if she is spotted she will fire on the closest kobold.

OOC: Do I need to roll new Hide and MS checks or will we just keep using my old ones?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Sneaking ahead, you get a clear view of the kobolds. They are definately looting, digging through the ruined buildings near the end of the street. You do not think they have spotted you yet.

Locations:
    Lugh (R11)
    Avery (R 9)
    Fash (O7) [If you are mounted at this time, let me know and I will update)
    Tarzan (P8)
    Cavalone (O 10)
    Carmen (L 12)
    Kobolds (-F 6, 9, 15; -E 5, 14; -D 5 15; -B 6; -A 5, 16, 18)
    Kobold Leader: (-D 10)

Map (will get better when distance is closed a little):
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by dresdor; 2010-10-19 at 12:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Standing straight and pressing herself against the corner of the building to steady her frame, Carmen fires an arrow at the apparent leader of the kobolds. She crouches again. She makes no battlecry.

Initiative: (1d20+5)[9]

Attack vs Flatfooted ac: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[8]
    Confirm a critical (26):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+6)[10]
    Critical damage: (2d8+2)[16]

Attack of Opportunity (if I get one):
    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit (unarmed strike): (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Confirm a critical (25): (1d20+5)[12]
    Critical damage: (1d6+1)[7]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Carmen fires her bolt, and it flies true, striking the kobold leader's back, pinning his cloak to him. The shot doesn't bring the monster down, and its hard to tell at this distance how hurt he is.

Combat Order:
    Carmen: hp: 42/42
    *we are here*
    Avery: hp:29/29
    Kobold Leader: *flat footed* [wounded?]
    Tarzan: hp:52/52
    Cavalone: hp: 86/86
    Fash: hp: 43/43
    Kobolds: *flat Footed*
    Lugh: hp: 42/42

Note: We are still in the surprise round; so the kobolds will not act, but the party can.

NOTE: Fash, if you want tarzan to act on your turn, he can delay til then.

map (hasn't changed):
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by dresdor; 2010-10-27 at 08:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cavalone spurs his mount to action with a shout. The rhythmic motion of his heavy warhorse causes his armor to clank and crash, a sound that harmonized with the beating of the hooves of a horse bred for war.
    His shield was raised and his sword held high, a posture of a warrior bred for warfare as heavily as his horse. His scarf whipped about behind him, a streak of Tyrian Purple trailing behind him.
    His charge penetrated the surprised group of kobolds. His target was their leader, still reeling from Carmen's accurate arrow. In a disciplined maneuver that he had executed many times in his life, he leaned slightly to the side as he readied for the strike he was aiming at the kobold leader. He took the swing, trusting his abilities and his determination.

Charge from O10/P10 to -E11/-D11

Attack: (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[5]

Critical Confirm (33 or 34)
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirm: (1d20+14)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[21]
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Fash

Fash shakes his head, the world always goes back to violence as if that is the only way, they could've evaded the creatures. Why attack when not attacked.

Slowly he stands up and looks at Tarzan which is also standing alert against any thread there could possibly be.

Fash's Turn:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standing up and look at his partymembers.

Tarzans Turn:
    Spoiler
    Show

Staying close to Fash (more like towering above him)

Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lugh holds his spear towards the sky as he calls out, "Obad-Hai, great green one, protect this one." The sound of distant winds and sea birds fills the air around him as a magical energy, like waves, crashes over him. Assured that his prayer was heard, he moves to the corner of a nearby building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Sanctuary on self.
    Move to M6 or N6 if that isn't possible.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Avery
    Avery runs behind one of the buildings. Whether he is hiding from the battle or flanking the enemy is anyone's guess.

Cavalone
    Cavalone surges forward, striking and driving his sword down into the kobold leader. There is no doubt about this blow, black blood sizzles on Cavalone's sword. Strangely, the sword seems to glow slightly red in the spots where the blood hits.

Fash
    Fash waits, wondering what diplomacy could have done. Its clear now by his companion's actions that there would be no diplomacy today.

Lugh
    Lugh feels the protection of Obad Hai

Combat Order:
    *we are here*
    Carmen: (L12) hp: 42/42
    Avery: (Q16) hp:29/29
    Kobold Leader: (-F 11) *flat footed* [wounded]
    Tarzan: (N8) hp:52/52
    Cavalone: (-D 11) *charged -2AC* hp: 86/86 (mount: unwounded)
    Fash: (N7) hp: 43/43
    Kobolds: *flat Footed*
    Lugh: (M6) hp: 42/42 *Sanctuary 6 Rounds*

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by dresdor; 2010-11-08 at 01:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trying to keep any more kobolds off of Cavalone's back, Carmen tries to thin out the rest of the group while Cavalone finishes off the leader.

Carmen moves to G10 and fires her bow at the kobold at -D9.

Attack vs Flatfooted ac: (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[4]
    Confirm a critical (26):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+6)[7]
    Critical damage: (2d8+2)[7]

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit (unarmed strike): (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]
    Confirm a critical (25): (1d20+5)[8]
    Critical damage: (1d6+1)[5]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Carmen
    Carmen moves forward and fires again. The arrow buries itself in the kobold's thigh. It grunts, obviously injured, but stays up. These are clearly not normal kobolds.

Avery
    Avery is out of sight from everyone. No clue where he is going.

Kobold Leader
    The Kobold leader steps out of Cavalone's sword range, and hisses. He chants in draconic, though what he says makes little sense. Cavalone feels something fuzzy slip into his mind, but manages to shake off the effect. Whatever the kobold has done, it doesn't seem to effect the Knight.

Combat Order:
    Kobold Leader: (-E 10) [wounded]
    *we are here*
    Cavalone: (-D 11) hp: 86/86 (mount: unwounded)
    Tarzan: (N8) hp:52/52
    Fash: (N7) hp: 43/43
    Kobolds: *flat Footed* *One on -D 9 wounded*
    Lugh: (M6) hp: 42/42 *Sanctuary 6 Rounds*

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by dresdor; 2010-11-08 at 12:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Whatever the Kobold leader attempted to do to Cavalone, it only made an angry Knight even angrier. Cavalone yells at the kobold in Draconic, his words and actions not needing a language.

[COLOR="Red"]You dare underestimate a Knight of Arvindor with your cheap spells? I shall teach you the error of your ways, kobold![COLOR]

Cavalone swings at the kobold leader again and again, filled with a new fire, a new determination to defeat the spellcaster and his ilk.

5ft step to Kobold Leader
    (map and written description do not match)

++Performing Knight's Challenge -- Fighting Challenge++
    Target: Kobold Leader
    Condition: Kobold Leader's CR must be at least 2 below Cavalone's CL.
    +1 morale bonus to Will, attack and damage against Kobold Leader
    7 Rounds remaining
    ++

Attacks:
    (1d20+13)[27]
    (1d20+8)[20]

Damage (respectively):
    (1d8+5)[11]
    (1d8+5)[12]

==
    ((OOC Here: Should the Kobold Leader's CR be lower than 4, then assume that the Knight's Challenge is wasted (Will, attack and damage unaffected).))
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Tarzan and Fash look at their allies. Fash with sadness in his eyes, for he knows that diplomacy would have been better.

We will move closer but try to stay out of combat. If our new allies are in grave danger we will attack, for letting them die is worse than not fighting, it would make us cowards. But do not attack unless provoked, or I give the command.

Tarzan has delayed his turn to Fash's and he moves behind Fash untill he is about 5' in front of him. Fash uses a double move action.

Lewis Carroll

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lugh stalks forward, his spear leading the way. He surveys the battle, ready to act if his allies are in need.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving up the road, about G7 I believe

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Cavalone
    Cavalone spurs his mount forward and slices down at the kobold leader. The blade's first blow is a cut accross the creature's ribs. Drops of blood scatter onto the cobblestones below, and sizzle. The Knight's second blow slices off the sleeve of the kobold's cloak, and hits something solid. As the sleeve falls away, Cavalone sees that the kobold's hide is exceptionally thick, which explains why Carmen's bolt didn't phase the creature. The creature's toughness firms Cavalone's belief that he alone can defeat this monster.

Fash and Tarzan
    Fash and Tarzan move up towards the fray (not sure what position you want to be in, so I guessed. Also couldn't tell if you wanted tarzan in front of or behind you.)

Kobolds
    The kobolds swarm forward, many trying to save their leader from Cavalone. Only one gets through the Knight's tough armor, nicking his arm (7 damage). Three attack Tarzan, seeing him as a major threat, but no spears come close to piercing his thick hide. One reaches Carmen, but is also unsuccessful in his spear thrust.

Lugh
    Lugh moves forward, and it is clear that Cavalone will need his healing should the Knight survive the swarm of kobolds.

Combat Order:
    *we are here*
    Kobold Leader: (-F 11) [wounded]
    Cavalone: (-E 11) hp: 79/86 *Knights Challenge 7 Rounds* (mount: unwounded)
    Tarzan: (B8) hp:52/52
    Fash: (C7) hp: 43/43
    Kobolds:*One on -D 10 wounded*
    Lugh: (G7) hp: 42/42 *Sanctuary 5 Rounds*

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carmen

Seeing the kobolds closing in on her, Carmen steps back, sets her bow down, and draws her longspear. She thrusts it forward at the only kobold currently in range.

5' step to H10. Drop bow. Draw spear. Attack kobold at F10.

Attack: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3]
    Confirm a critical (26):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+6)[21]
    Critical damage: (2d8+4)[11]

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit (Longspear): (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]
    Confirm a critical (26): (1d20+6)[25]
    Critical damage: (1d8+2)[6]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tarzan is large which makes him take a 10'x10'space and aff course 10' reach, this would mean since they are close to him that one of them has gotten an AoO over him.

And furthermore, Tarzan is in front indeed, he has more movement than Fash.

Fash Looks around and smiles.

He says one thing and waits until Tarzan has attacked and moves from where he is to somewhere else (5'-step back).

Tarzans attack:
    Spoiler
    Show

His AoO from last turn:
    (1d20+12)[17] for (1d6+7)[13] (only if ruled he will get it).

His own turn (full attack on one kobold preferably the one that he gets the AoO on):
    (1d20+12)[31] for (1d6+7)[10]
    (1d20+12)[23] for (1d6+7)[9]
    (1d20+7)[8] for (1d6+3)[6]

Fash after delaying his turn untill after the attack of Tarzan also does a 5'step and starts casting a spell, after that he shouts to all:
    The force of nature will bind you and will show you that it does not enjoy fighting. Seize this attacking before one will be hurt.

Around the kobolds that did attack Fash the plants are growing and are starting to entangle the creatures in a 40' radius where Fash and Tarzan are at the border of the circle, the kobolds attacking Tarzan are in the border (and being entangled) and the rest is around 40' spread so difficult to calculate for me.

Lewis Carroll

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The spear that made it through Cavalone's armor wounded him palpably, but it was nothing that would keep him out of battle. He realized that his tactic may not have been as effective as it would seem--the Kobold leader had survived his initial assault, a surprising feat for a kobold. The kobold's resilience had given its comrades time to surround him, resulting in a spear through his armor. Although he was surrounded by spear-wielding enemies, a dangerous prospect in any circumstance, his imperative objective was the kobold leader--a spellcaster on the battlefield was far more dangerous than a mob of spear-wielding dragonspawn.
    He prompted his own mount to action with a tap of his heels against the horse's flanks. In a disciplined maneuver, learned by the horse in its training, the heavy warhorse kicked at the kobold in front of him, even attempting to take a bite out of it. Cavalone readied himself for the horse's motions, trying to hold tight as the horse kicks and bucks.

+++
    Knight's Challenge: 6 rounds remaining
    Target: Kobold Leader
    +++

Heavy Warhorse Attack
    Hoof
    (1d20+6)[26]
    (1d20+6)[7]

Bite
    (1d20+1)[11]

Damage
    Hoof
    (1d6+4)[8]
    (1d6+4)[6]

Bite
    (1d4+2)[3]

Cavalone's Ride Check
    Attacking with Mount (DC=10)
    (1d20+7)[8]
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Seeing the knight becoming overrun with kobolds, Lugh stretches out his hand towards his comrade and begins a desperate prayer. "Obad-Hai, I beg you, give us aid!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Summon Monster III for (1d4+1)[2] Celestial Giant Fire Beetles. If I can choose their facing, I'd like them to be looking at the kobolds attacking Cavalone and attack those. I don't believe I'll be able to command them more precisely than that, right?