New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk010 View Post
    Roleplay without an omnipotent being deciding every action? Sign me up!

...Am I supposed to introduce myself here, then? I remember reading in another thread that I can just start typing things if I already have a character fleshed out, but I might've just thought that. I'm confused.
    So the NEXUS is the biggest single universe we have. You can write up your character in the character directory, but it's not really necessary. Your best bet is to hop into one of the taverns, if you want a bit of rp without getting involved in a long plot right off. All sorts of characters come and go.

But anyways, sure, you can just hop in and have fun! We also have an IRC chat for nexus, #gitpnexus on irc.sorcery.net.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Pixie in the Playground

This looks fun.

...So... Now what? Do I just start posting now? What is this? Where am I? Mother, is that you?

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krik View Post
    This looks fun.

...So... Now what? Do I just start posting now? What is this? Where am I? Mother, is that you?
    Pretty much. Come up with a character and start posting somewhere. Most threads have a simple description and rules in the beginning.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey, is there any stories going on where I can plug myself in?

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Orc in the Playground

By the way! For those of you who might have missed it, or who use subscriptions or something to respond to their threads, I've opened up a discussion thread on a Kill la Kill FFRP.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Similarly, I've opened discussion on a Dragon Ball game, cause hey, why not?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi all! I stumbled across GitP recently, was directed to the FWM universe from another thread, thought that it looked kind of cool, and ultimately decided that this seems like an interesting area of the forums to hang out!
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hey all, I actually found GitP thanks to doing some D&D research. Then I saw you guys also did forum roleplaying. I just posted over in the "Trog's Tavern CCXLIX" thread.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Tavern-CCXLIX

I hope I did it right. For some reason I was drawing a blank on color choices and the rules associated with them. I hope mine are okay. Green seemed to fit my character, and after using blue already for one NPC, picking a rich red/purple (fire brick) for the elf server just seemed to fit. I just hope that's okay because I know usually reds are moderator colors?

I honestly have looked all over through this section and I haven't found anything on what the different colors mean, if they actually do?

if anything needs to be adjusted, I won't take any offense at all. I'm really looking forward to having some fun here. It's been a while.
    Last edited by GrumpyBadger; 2015-05-16 at 04:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

No rules on color choices, just that you have to pick a color. Normal red is alright, since the format of the post will make it clear that it's not a moderator edit. In fact, several characters in the Nexus use that color, and none of them ran into problems with coloring. It's nice for you to choose colors that don't hurt the eyes though!

That is a mighty long post! It's great to describe a lot, in fact! I would say keep up the good work, but I noticed that you used 2 NPCs and a pet for that one post. If future posts aren't as long as that one introductory post, it's normal.

I can tell your character, Broc, is very well fleshed out. I'll be there with a character who probably holds opposing views to his! You're doing very, very well.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-05-16 at 08:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hey goto124,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been away from the computer for the weekend. But I'll be back on later tonight or early tomorrow.

Looking forward to roleplaying with everyone.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hello! I was thinking of starting an RPG, but I decided it would be a good idea to start it here, in free form.

For the summary:
    You can’t sleep. It started like that for all of us, back when we were garden variety insomniacs. Maybe you had nightmares (God knows we all do now), or maybe you just had problems that wouldn’t let you sleep. Hell, maybe you were just over-caffienated. But then something clicked.

That was when you took a long walk down the streets of the Mad City, stopped being a Sleeper, and started being Awake. But that click you heard wasn’t from the secret world snapping into place. It was the sound of the Nightmares flicking off the safety and pointing a gun at your head.

They can smell you. You’re chum in the water, my friend, and it’s time you got ready for it… before the clock chimes thirteen again. Now that you’re one of us, there’s just one simple rule left that must dominate your life.

Stay Awake. Don’t Rest Your Head.

Spoiler: Rules Summary
    Show

Once per roll, you may increase your exhaustion by one.

Any time you roll, you may add one to six dice of temporary madness to your roll.

To determine the degree of success, count the dice that show 1, 2, or 3.

To determine the strength of a pool, find the die of that colour showing the highest number.

If you meet or beat the GM’s degree, you succeed. Otherwise, you fail.

To determine what dominates, pick the pool with the highest strength.

If discipline dominates, things stay under control. You have the option to remove a response check-mark or decrease your exhaustion by one.

If exhaustion dominates, your resources are taxed. Increase exhaustion by one.

If madness dominates, things get more chaotic. Check off a response and behave accordingly.

If pain dominates, you pay a greater price. Pay a coin into the GM’s despair coffer.

If exhaustion is increased above 6, you crash.

If you must check off a response, but can’t, you snap.

If you crash, you fall asleep, or face some other serious defeat (like death).

If you snap, you go mad for a time, clear out your responses, lose one discipline, and gain one permanent madness.

If you lose all discipline, you become a Nightmare. You’re an enemy now.

To make minor use of an exhaustion talent, your exhaustion must be at least one. On the affected roll, your minimum number of successes is equal to your current level of exhaustion.

To make major use of an exhaustion talent, you must increase your exhaustion by one, and you may add your current level of exhaustion to the roll, as successes.

To make use of a madness talent, you must add one to six temporary madness dice to the roll, as determined by the GM for the potency of the effect.

The GM may spend one coin of despair to add or remove a 6 from any pool in play; the coin pays into hope. If this causes pain to dominate, no coin is paid into the despair coffer.

Any player may spend one coin of hope to remove one exhaustion, or to remove a check mark from fight or flight, or to add a 1 to the protagonist’s discipline pool.

Any player may spend five minus discipline in coins of hope to recover one point of discipline and remove one point of permanent madness.

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show

My name is...

And I am...

Who are you? What’s your job? A describing word often associated with you?

What’s been keeping me awake?

Has someone close to you been hurt? Do you feel as if you’re being hunted? Is that one level just bugging you too much?

What’s just happened to me?

What situation just happened? This is the situation you’ll be starting your tale with, so make it interesting.

What’s on the surface?

How do you present yourself to others? What’s your public face? How do you act in public, and how do you want people to see you?

What lies beneath?

What are you really like, in the privacy of your thoughts? What dark traits do you never let see the light of day?

What’s my path?

Where are you going? What goals do you want to achieve? What is your aim?
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Discipline [O] [O] [O]

Permanent Madness [ ] [ ] [ ]

Exhaustion [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

^None of these three can be changed in character creation, so ignore it.

Fight Responses

Flight Responses

[ ] [ ] [ ]

^You get three responses total, so split them up among Fight and Flight. You can have three of one, or two of one and one of the other.

Exhaustion Talent:

Your exhaustion talent is something mundane you're really good at, like shooting, driving, or parkour.

Madness Talent:

Your madness talent is something you've never been able to do before now, something supernatural, weird, and more frequently than not, horrifying. Let the twisted side of your imagination run rampart, but don't come up with something overpowered.

The thread's here

And the book

Could I set up a game here?

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm quite sure anything that has dice and rules belong to the regular PbP subforum instead. Free-form here means an absence of any form of rules to regulate the RP, beyond the story-telling abilities of the players.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay. What forum would I post this game in? I plan to run it with no player limit, and people have the ability to explore the city as they please. No real main goal, unless they have their own. I would provide minimal GMing, only set design, NPCs, and Rolling die.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Salsa View Post
    Okay. What forum would I post this game in? I plan to run it with no player limit, and people have the ability to explore the city as they please. No real main goal, unless they have their own. I would provide minimal GMing, only set design, NPCs, and Rolling die.
    Recruitment
    IC
    OOC

Plus, you can also use the in-built forum dice roller in those subforums.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hey all. I'm A_Man (or aman for short, ha ha), and well, recently my roleplaying site has slowed down, so I'm lookinh for another place to hang out on. I absolutely adore freeform roleplaying, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to participate with you all.

Problem is, that this whole forum is kinda intimidating me (my other site is pretty different). Any chance anyone could help me out with understanding how everything works and how I'd join a game here?

Thanks in advance!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd recommend you first Go to the original post for this thread. The OP and the links in that player's signature should explain things well enough. I will gladly answer any subsequent questions.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

LDK's not the only one who'd answer questions, either. We're all pretty friendly, at least in the Nexus. Not so sure about the other universes around; I don't generally visit those.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Alright, so I guess my first question would be, how do I join the nexusus games (if there are any open? Do they have closed threads?)? Do I just post in the OOC?

(Sorry for the late reply, had my graduation from Highschool today)

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Congratulations on your graduation!

There is only one "Nexus" and it's always open. (Occasionally, people decide to have a secretive plot, but that's something else.) All you have to do is, yes, post and you're in. You can go ahead and post in the OoC and ask more specific questions there. You can go to the Internet Relay Chat, too, (which there's an explanation about that in the OoC thread somewhere). Alternatively, if you feel you have a grip on everything, just post straight to an IC thread with a character. (Taverns or ACRONYM organizations like HALO or GLoG are the best places to start.)

Also. Just so you know: All the threads that have the Nexus Tag in front of them are part of the same game. You can have a character walk out of one thread and into another and there's continuity. (Completely different from the Play-by-Post sub-forum, I know. Also, most nearly always, each thread is a location rather than a plot.)

Finally, have fun. If you're not having fun, that can be changed.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2015-06-08 at 11:27 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

Anyone who's interested is welcome to join our new Fairy Tail Free from game. Here's the OOC thread and here is the IC thread.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Thanks for the help, all. ^_^

I'll check out the nexusus and the fairy tale roleplays. Love the idea behind Nexusus (we had something like it, but much smaller), and I love fairy tale.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Good gravy, when was the last time I came around here...?

It certainly has been a while. Been through some highs and lows...well, mostly lows, in all honestly. I've got some ideas that I want to mess with, though, so I hope you wonderful people don't mind if I come around every once and again to get an idea of what's currently happening in the major threads. I'd like to scope things out before I try to revive any of my characters to activity.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

Shameless advertisement: A new incarnation of Railgun in the Playground is now open for business. Yes, another one. For those who don't know, it's an RP set in the scientific wonderland of 'Academy City': An experimental city-state whose technology is 30 years ahead of the norm. They lead the world in psychic power development, weapons technology, and many other innocent ways of building a better tomorrow. Please don't believe those paranoid lunatics who talk of 'shadow conspiracies' and 'twisted science': They're just jealous of the city's success. Academy City is a peaceful, idyllic place to live and work. Bring the kids!

If any of that sounds interesting, feel free to stop by the OOC.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hi there! I'm quasi new; I roleplayed here once, but that was a long, long time ago. I have a rudimentary grasp on how this thing works, but I'm in the dark on the finer points of the world nowadays (it's not even the Town anymore!). I guess for the past few months I've been wanting to get back into casual play by post, so I'm really excited to have finally done something about it. From what I've read, the Nexus is probably most in line with my interests, but I'm definitely up for trying something different.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Nexus is in-character the current version of the Town, though Fenric's characters are the only ones who occasionally bring that up for the most part. Happy's links in the OP of this and the Nexus OOC thread should be helpful, or feel free to ask specific questions here, the OOC thread, or the irc chat found in the OOC thread original post.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Welcome back! You must've been gone a long time, to remember the Town I'm a newer player though.

I recommand starting out in the Taverns: Trog's, Dancing Fox, or the Roost. (Before someone mentions Biting Knife: I'm busy enough, don't disturb me! :P)) Other threads are far more plot-based and not as easy to get into without prior agreement with another player.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Pixie in the Playground

Welcome back.

The Temple of Inari is still open, as it has always been.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

I know it's been tried a few times, but... dammit, I just got KH2.5 HD Remix and it's got me in the mood for this.
    Would anyone be interested in a Kingdom Hearts In The Playground?

Like most [Canon]itp things, it'd be mostly free from the strictures of the games' stories but still take place in the same world, letting the players therein forge their own story and whatnot. Obviously it'd take some taking over, but if enough people are interested I could get up a thread for nailing down the details.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Halfling in the Playground

So... Anywhere I can join a Nexus thread? I just want to know a good place to get started and introduce my character...
    Avatar made by the extremely talented artist, smuchmuch

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Orc in the Playground

Any of the local bars/clubs/watering holes work well for introducing a character. The Dancing Fox and Trog's are both pretty popular.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-08-26 at 09:19 PM.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.