New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Schoolyard WW - Game Start

Running into school late for his first day, bruntonspall looked around for a friend. He noticed Eternal Drifter talking to himself about Dungeons and Dragons near the lockers. Finding an anonymous note in his locker he threw it out, 'only cowards remain anonymous' he thought.

Spoiler
    Show

TPAM is reason for point.
    Apologies for the atrocious writing, still trying to get the hang of this role playing malarky. Also Internet Flea, thanks for not voting for me on day 1 when I hadn't got back from "holiday" yet.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm voting for Strategos/Crys, just to avoid being part of this strange pigpile going on.

It does seem like an odd decision for someone to out themselves as the seer, but as this is my first game, I can't really say beyond that.

Did we get a list of what the roles are? Or do we just guess.

[edit] thanks [/edit]
    Last edited by Grag; 2010-09-02 at 09:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grag View Post
    Did we get a list of what the roles are? Or do we just guess.
    No we don't get a list. That's the fun in the game! Also, you need to make your vote in red.
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-08-31 at 03:14 PM.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

square? either you are using slang from our grandparents day(ewww) or you are a math nerd...either way we need to get rid of internet flea
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari
    When you check your locker between periods you see an anonymous note stuck through the edge.

Seer claims on Day 1 are probably not true; Seer claims on Day 1 with only three votes against you are downright wolfish.
    You mean this note that everyone gets? Would a real villager really send a note anonymously?

Deleted for now. Hope you wolves saved it

I see no problem in posting this since all roles this game are hidden and the wolves can try to claim I'm making it up.
    I claimed seer on the third vote against me because I know how quickly bandwagons form up as evidenced by the wagon against me as I slept and I know the current sentiment of certain players after the stunts I've pulled as wolf.

Also Internet Flea, if you're going to lie, at least dont make a lie that can be easily disproven by anyone who bothers to check.
    Internet Flea claims he usually points at the 7th player on day 1 but people, check recent games he's been in. I only looked at 2 - Ballad and MTG. He hasn't ever pointed at anyone that's 17th on the player list.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2010-09-09 at 07:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

My role PM:
    Looks alright, but my role PM has 'students' capitalized. Anybody else's, or did Istari just change things around?
    Also Internet Flea, if you're going to lie, at least dont make a lie that can be easily disproven by anyone who bothers to check.
    Internet Flea claims he usually points at the 7th player on day 1 but people, check recent games he's been in. I only looked at 2 - Ballad and MTG. He hasn't ever pointed at anyone that's 17th on the player list.
    Odd you didn't check the two that you were in. Alien 3 and Rebellion 5 both started with a Player 17 vote. Star Wars started with a retaliatory point and Magic started with a corny joke.

EDIT: Oh wait, forgot you were in the other games too. Well, my point still stands; about half of my games have started with Player 17 points.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2010-08-31 at 06:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Also, FC may be the Popular Kid or not, but that isn't necessarily a villager role. Think Mean Girls.
    Given that the role PMs specify "students" (not capitalized for me) it would be odd for this to be the case. Is HypoSoc not thinking hard enough, or unaware of this because he isn't a student?
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMonk View Post
    Given that the role PMs specify "students" (not capitalized for me) it would be odd for this to be the case. Is HypoSoc not thinking hard enough, or unaware of this because he isn't a student?
    Or, you could just pay attention to the fact that he posted that BEFORE he knew that the PM specifically said student for Fleeing Coward.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Odd you didn't check the two that you were in. Alien 3 and Rebellion 5 both started with a Player 17 vote. Star Wars started with a retaliatory point and Magic started with a corny joke.
    I was in all 4 so what do you mean I didn't check the the ones I was in? When you've only pointed at the 17th player twice and when bruntonspall clearly isn't away, you can hardly claim that your usual point is at the 17th player on day 1.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, forgot about that. Check the edited post.

EDIT:and bruntonspall was still away when I posted; I thought he was going to be gone for the whole day.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2010-08-31 at 06:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah Internet Flea voted me once because I was 17th. Even though I don't like the fact FC shared his role PM, it looks pretty convincing. I would switch to TheLaughingMan for picking on Internet Flea, but I completely understand. Didn't Internet Flea start a bandwagon against him when he voted for himself in some game? So, I'll vote for....uh....Pahvimato. Yeah, perfect.
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-08-31 at 07:22 PM.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

12. - Top - End - #42

Fine switching to Pahvimato
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2010-08-31 at 07:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, if other people's PM's are lowercase as well, then I guess Fleeing Coward's legitimate, though he's still acting nutty.

bruntonspall's here now, and more seventeenth than ever!
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2010-08-31 at 07:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Well, if other people's PM's are lowercase as well, then I guess Fleeing Coward's legitimate, though he's still acting nutty.

bruntonspall's here now, and more seventeenth than ever!
    Acting nutty? I had no choice there. There was already 3 points on me and I knew people like Eternal Drifter and TheLaughingMan were going to point at me due to their bias in previous games. Naturally I'm going to claim early rather than just die quietly as seer
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2010-08-31 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Acting nutty? I had no choice there. There was already 3 points on me and I knew people like Eternal Drifter and TheLaughingMan were going to point at me due to their bias in previous games. Naturally I'm going to claim early rather than just die quietly as seer
    I was also referring to the square references; you were accusing squares of being wolves when you are one.

16. - Top - End - #46

I was also referring to the square references; you were accusing squares of being wolves when you are one.
    This is a hidden role game, of course I'm going ot be paranoid of everything. That includes the possibility of sub-factions within the student group that are acting as wolves.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know what happened in Absorden, when TheLaughingMan and DarkLightDragon claimed Seer and Baner? BOTH perished day one (DarkLightDragon night one, actually, but still...). And then, after their deaths, Fleeing Coward formed a Wolf network saying it was a villager network. I was one of those decived... so you can't really blame me for a grudge.

I'll keep my point at Fleeing Coward for now, but due to a few messages I've recived, I know my target for tomorrow: Internet Flea.
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

18. - Top - End - #48

sigh...

Shiro receives an anonymous text. It reads something about how Fleeing Coward has figured out who the person who sent the text really is.
    How the hell do these people get my number.

Anyways, naturally I should assume this is from Internet Flea, who apparently thinks I'm a werewolf, and is one too. But then again, it could also be Fleeing Coward trying to get me to think it's Internet Flea. OR it could be someone else altogether but I doubt it.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Just reminding everyone that monies can be spent at anytime during the day, I give monies for being successful in game, leading a wolf lynch as a anti-wolf role for ex., role playing, and to ask me any questions if you need clarification on something.

/\ Lil Shiro: Lol at "How the hell do these people get my number."
    Last edited by Istari; 2010-08-31 at 06:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

We get monies for roleplaying? Sweet?!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

Monies for roleplaying? Hmmm.... Ahem.

Cleaning out the Dungeons and Dragons locker, my phone rang. I grimiced, since I had told NO ONE my phone number. I opened it, saying "Hello?"

All I got was static.

I looked at the screen and read the message...

Fleeing Coward knows who I am. Judge accordingly.
    Time to get to the bottom of this.

I hiked to the cafeteria, dodging nimbly between the crowd, to search for the person that was up to debate today.

"Fleeing Coward... where could he be..."

"...And how the heck did someone get ahold of my cell phone number?"
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

22. - Top - End - #52

A few things to say if I die to the lynch.

Internet Flea is unlikely to be evil based on what I received but I'm still not 100% certain.

I'm alot more suspicious of people like Eternal Drifter and Lil Shiro who maintain their points on me even though they know that I'm almost certainly telling the truth after I revealed my role PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    A few things to say if I die to the lynch.

Internet Flea is unlikely to be evil based on what I received but I'm still not 100% certain.

I'm alot more suspicious of people like Eternal Drifter and Lil Shiro who maintain their points on me even though they know that I'm almost certainly telling the truth after I revealed my role PM.
    *shrug* I maintain no point at all, but anyone can tell you I'm a lazy person, and even changing my vote twice was pushing it.

I warn you, anyone who starts an attack against me will have a dirty tissue thrown at them.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

The teacher was droning on about something or another, but Tydude wasn't really listening. His lunch period started in a minute, and that was, of course, the best part of the day. As he stared at the clock, he heard a rather loud "ding!", a couple "ping"s and other assorted ring tones. There was a moment of confusion as everyone looked around before they realized that everyone had received a text at the same time. Oddly, the first thought that occured to Tydude was that the anonymous texter must have an unlimited data plan. Luckily, the bell rang shortly afterwards and everyone hurried out of the room. There was mass insanity in the halls as everyone checked their phones at the same time, with many people accidentally bumping into each other. Tydude fought his way through the crowd to the cafeteria, where he posted a note on the wall. It read, simply,
    "Whoever this anonymous sender is, tell us how Fleeing Coward knows who you are"

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

25. - Top - End - #55

I'll let whoever sent the messages to claim openly if they want but if you look at everything that's happened and the fact that i switched off Internet Flea, I think it's pretty obvious...
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post

How the hell do these people get my number.

Anyways, naturally I should assume this is from Internet Flea, who apparently thinks I'm a werewolf, and is one too.
    I didn't see anything in that note that could be seen as a werewolf accusation, so unless you got a different note than Eternal Drifter and me I'm going to take that as a sign of a guilty conscience.
    Changing my vote once again, this time to Lil Shiro. We need to start a wagon that isn't me or the probable Seer.

EDIT: Wow, I write slowly; ninja'd by three people over a five minute span!
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2010-08-31 at 07:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, this is weird. I mean, I'm pretty new to the forums, but the two people who were just bandwagoning (if that's a word) against each other are now voting together..... Well, I believe Fleeing Coward now, and Lil Shiro does seem pretty suspicious. Throw all the tissues you want, I can take it!
    EDIT: My previous question still stands, though
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-08-31 at 07:22 PM.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

28. - Top - End - #58

I didn't see anything in that note that could be seen as a werewolf accusation, so unless you got a different note than Eternal Drifter and me I'm going to take that as a sign of a guilty conscience.
    Changing my vote once again, this time to Lil Shiro. We need to start a wagon that isn't me or the probable Seer.

EDIT: Wow, I write slowly; ninja'd by three people over a five minute span!
    Do what you want, but wait... guilty conscious? BWAHAHAHAHA! I'm a heartless person who rarely uses his soul, and almost never feels sympathetic. I don't have a guilty conscious. And I'm teling you, if I die. You'll be sorry. I have a dirty tissue that will kill you open contact, so I hope you guys aren't villagers. Cuz I don't want to kill someone on my own team purely out of revenge.

@ TYdude: And no, you cannot take this dirty tissue, as it has the power to kill any one person of my choice instantly when I die.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Just to clarify Lil Shiro claimed a beast role. Those are usually on the wolf side so that's why I'm switching.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2010-08-31 at 07:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Hmmmm... Let's make this game a little more interesting.
    Lil Shiro is a regular student with a bad cold, but if you want to vote against me, I guess I might as well make it even more possible by killing myself. But now I just have to decide who I want to kill with the dirty tissue when I die. I would kill Fleeing Coward, but I am fairly convinced that he is the seer, so when I die, I'll probably decide to bring Internet Flea with me. Also, go ahead and vote for me, it just furthers my own plans.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2010-09-01 at 08:18 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show