New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Susano-wo View Post
    to be fair, he only called it a boomerang. The reaction seems to indicate that this is Franky's innacurate/silly attack naming scheme at work,where he calls it a boomerang, but its just that he threw the shield
    Part of me actually assumes that this will come back at some point. Like, if it turns out the heart he has isn't say, Monet's, the shield will show up and knock it out of his hand, and as he scrambles to reaquire it, he gets knocked out again.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

...i really want Baby 5 to join the stawhats.

her and Franky would make an awesome team!

imagine the interaction between her, Sanji and Brook!

3. - Top - End - #1383

Baby 5 should never meet Brook or Sanji, for the sake of the PG rating.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

True, but I would still love her to join the crew I have no idea why someone who obviously is so dedicated to helping people would work for Flamingo. But I guess she has her reasons.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #1385

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    True, but I would still love her to join the crew I have no idea why someone who obviously is so dedicated to helping people would work for Flamingo. But I guess she has her reasons.
    Well, keep in mind, this is One Piece. If you ignore his actions, Vergo is a completely loveable oaf with a silly gimic of "Sometimes I forget entire steaks on the side of my face"

Sure, Baby 5 may have a seeming desire to help everyone who asks, but realize how BAD that could be. As much as she appears to love you, doing anything for you...all it takes is one person to look even remotely wanting, and asking her to kill you, for her to change into a torpedo and explode you.

As an aside, her turning into a missle/torpedo/bomb/whatever reminded me so much of Bobobo Bo-Bo Bobo, that I spent the rest of the day after the chapter was released referencing "I AM A TORPEDO"

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Also, anybody want to dress like Sanji?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-sale-in-japan
    Wow! That's awesome! Must. Resist. Buying. Impulse. (It's not like I could afford it, anyway. )

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    As an aside, her turning into a missle/torpedo/bomb/whatever reminded me so much of Bobobo Bo-Bo Bobo, that I spent the rest of the day after the chapter was released referencing "I AM A TORPEDO"
    I am glad that I'm not the only one who was thinking of Torpedo Girl for Baby 5. I suppose after all this time with weapons that can turn into animals, it would make sense to have a person who can turn into weapons.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, when I decided I wasn't content to just having all my One Piece laying around in my old copies of Jump, I decided to start buying them physically. I went for the 3-in-1 copies, but those seemed to have stopped after 10-11-12. Due to mild OCD (and wanting to have tidy bookshelf) I have refused to move on and buy the volumes in their single release. I found this, which states 13-14-15 will be released in February. Anyone know if this is legit?

Yeah. I'm paranoid.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-12-26 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #1388

Googling the ISBN shows plenty of bookstores listing the item as well
    Animenewsnetwork's encyclopedia has an entry for this. While we're at it, ANN's encyclopedia also has an entry for 16-17-18 to be released next June.

I would say that the odds are good that this is legit.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Its a Barnes & Noble link, they are a reputable business.

Unless there's some change which isn't impossible for a low priority release.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Awesome. Anyway...

Cross posting this as well as in the Naruto thread due to relevancy. Shonen Jump Alpha is going to be moving to a weekly format and will be running simultaneous to Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan.

Discuss?

11. - Top - End - #1391

Alpha's always been weekly, but yea, they'll be using the new year's breaks to catch up so that they'll be simultaneous with the Japanese street date by Jan 21.

I've got a subscription, so I'm rather pumped up about it, actually. Heck, I renewed my subscription last week, actually.
    Every now and then I trash my paying for a subscription, but between simultaneous release and the promise of more series added, I should actually be happy about things.
    I am hoping that of the new series they're adding, they pick up some of the recent stuff. I like Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Souma. And I should look more into Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san since that's getting good reception from Japanese readers; at least, on the internet, that is.

Edit: Wait, Shokugeki no Souma probably doesn't have a shot due to some of its content...
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2012-12-26 at 07:24 PM.
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392

.....holy crap things are getting serious really fast. New chapter by the way.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, didn't think there'd be one this year/week.

Spoiler
    Show

Nothing too amazing happening, though.

Sadly we will never know what Monet's motivation was, I guess.

But Flamingo's coming over to...??? Get his ass kicked? Woul be too easy, I think.

Franky's few pages at the beginning were nice. I start to like that girl more and more with her T-1000 re-assembly.
    ing.

"What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Serious for sure.

So, question for y'all. What're your favorite One Piece fights? Don't care for whom. Luffy VS Crocodile is one of my favorites, also, Trafalgar VS Vergo, while quick, was fun. Also anything with Monster Chopper.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Phew, difficult... I liked the CP9 final show down when they kept switching around and had to get these handcuffs off... Zoro fighting with Usopp tied to him was pretty wanky.
    Also I rather like when Nami gets some show time because with her it's much more using her brains and her climate powers rather than just hitting the enemy harder.
    And I guess the battle with Oz(?) was nice when the Strawhats had to team up... I'm probably forgetting a lot.
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Serious for sure.

So, question for y'all. What're your favorite One Piece fights? Don't care for whom. Luffy VS Crocodile is one of my favorites, also, Trafalgar VS Vergo, while quick, was fun. Also anything with Monster Chopper.
    The obvious, easy answer, would be Luffy vs Lucci.

However, I think mine might actually be the Strawhats vs the Hody Jones Crew. If only because it served as a wonderful show of what is to come. This is how powerful our heroes have become in those two years. Brook can call apon the chilling winds of hell, Franky has a mech and a laser, Chopper can control his monster form, Usopp has become a summoner and is even MORE inteligent, Sanji can fly and immediately Diable Jambe, Nami is about as literally a wizard as you can get, Zoro can cut ANYTHING, and Luffy has inherited Ace's fire fist. So awesome.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, Lucci VS Luffy is pretty fantastic. I also really liked Magellan VS Mr. 3 and Luffy. Impel Down is easily once of my favorite arcs after all. And you considered Red Hawk to Ace's Fire Fist? It's not like Luffy got the Mera Mera no Mi...

As for the current arc, why is it that Franky was left outside in the first place?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-12-27 at 11:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Yeah, Lucci VS Luffy is pretty fantastic. I also really liked Magellan VS Mr. 3 and Luffy. Impel Down is easily once of my favorite arcs after all. And you considered Red Hawk to Ace's Fire Fist? It's not like Luffy got the Mera Mera no Mi...

As for the current arc, why is it that Franky was left outside in the first place?
    He wasn't, if I recall he said he was going to check on the ship.

Also, he's a robot, he'll be fine.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Fine against the gas maybe, but against Doflamingo? Luffy's not fine against Doflamingo.

20. - Top - End - #1400

Fine against the gas maybe, but against Doflamingo? Luffy's not fine against Doflamingo.
    Well yes but they don't know Doflamingo's coming to party, now do they?

I for one am really excited to see Doflamingo fight. I feel like he's the guy who would explain what his power is, but then it's later revealed he lied about it to trick them.

21. - Top - End - #1401

For Jump's 45th anniversary, the mangaka got asked if the Jump pirate logo man was a character in their manga, what would he be like.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/46b75a228542545

Oda's answer is...
    Pirate logo man is telling Chopper that he's his brother (since he wants to take advantage Chopper's mascot popularity)
    Chopper reacts as Chopper would
    Luffy's asking what's for food today
    I'm not sure what Sanji is saying. The explanation I'm reading elsewhere is that it's some pun involving salted sashimi and beating the pirate.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I think I like Kishi's interpretation better. Pirate Man Logo could've been, like, a really funny cliche'd pirate with, like, the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Pirate or something silly.

Well yes but they don't know Doflamingo's coming to party, now do they?

I for one am really excited to see Doflamingo fight. I feel like he's the guy who would explain what his power is, but then it's later revealed he lied about it to trick them.
    I just want to know what his DF is.

On a completely random note, did we ever see Sengoku in his half-and-half form? No, right? I really want to know what that'd look like.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

I really should catch up to OP, but first I wanna catch up to The World God Only Knows....
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

24. - Top - End - #1404

I think I like Kishi's interpretation better. Pirate Man Logo could've been, like, a really funny cliche'd pirate with, like, the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Pirate or something silly.

I just want to know what his DF is.

On a completely random note, did we ever see Sengoku in his half-and-half form? No, right? I really want to know what that'd look like.
    We know it's a Paramecia from one of the video games. My guess is that he's a Puppet Man, and can control people with his puppet strings. It also sets up the joke that he's a puppet master, which he clearly is.

Half Buddha would probably make him look like the classical sterotypical Buddha.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

We know it's a Paramecia from one of the video games. My guess is that he's a Puppet Man, and can control people with his puppet strings. It also sets up the joke that he's a puppet master, which he clearly is.
    Being Paramecia is pretty obvious in general. He's obviously not a Zoan and it's fairly obvious he's no Logia. It's just that his demonstrated powers are so weird, thematically there's no (obvious) thing bringing them together. Though I suppose the saw could be said of Law. His power set still confuses me a bit. He's got Mes, Shambles, and Countershock. All so, so different.

Half Buddha would probably make him look like the classical sterotypical Buddha.
    But so did full Buddha.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Being Paramecia is pretty obvious in general. He's obviously not a Zoan and it's fairly obvious he's no Logia. It's just that his demonstrated powers are so weird, thematically there's no (obvious) thing bringing them together. Though I suppose the saw could be said of Law. His power set still confuses me a bit. He's got Mes, Shambles, and Countershock. All so, so different.

But so did full Buddha.
    First of all, regarding Law's, since his power is the easiest to explain of these concepts you ask of me to explain.

Law is an Operation Room Man. He has all the abilities of an Operating Room. Counter Shock are the shock paddles, Shambles is him operating on you, removing your parts and reattaching them how he wishes, and Mes I forget what it is, I think it's the heart removal thing? I don't recall. Anyway, the idea is, Law is an Operation Room Man. So anything that an operation room DOES, he does.

No, what his full Buddha form looks like is the sterotypical ASCENDED Buddha, the Buddha after having gained perfect enlightenment. His half buddha would make him look like Buddha before that. So...he'd probably get a little chubbier, if were going that route.

Finally, Doflamingo. His powers are, so far, the most unclear of any powers we've seen. But there are hints to him being a puppateer. The way he holds his fingers when he's controlling Diamond Jozu, they are held in the way you would hold the handles of a marionette's strings. It's clear that his power lets out SOME kind of line, albeit one so thin we cannot see it, since he's used it to slice off Oars Jr's leg and Crocodile's arm, and used the strings to crush Diamond Jozu's diamond arm after restraining him. And now, with how he's drifting along the air above the ocean, his movements look wavey and wobbly, like how a puppet's movements may look, to show movement while in a state where it would be unclear if he is moving (IE, flying).

As an addition to that, his normal way of moving is somewhat janky and odd, much like the exagerated movements of a marionette. So in summery, his power is that he is a Marionette man, and he can extend his strings to control others and strike with them. You are now imagining Doflamingo singing that one Pinnnochio song about not having strings attached.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Law is an Operation Room Man. He has all the abilities of an Operating Room. Counter Shock are the shock paddles, Shambles is him operating on you, removing your parts and reattaching them how he wishes, and Mes I forget what it is, I think it's the heart removal thing? I don't recall. Anyway, the idea is, Law is an Operation Room Man. So anything that an operation room DOES, he does.
    Oh, I get how they are thematically related, but them being ... Practically related (for lack of a better term) is so weird. Such diverse power assortment from one little fruit. Weren't Paramecia suppose to be the weakest?

No, what his full Buddha form looks like is the sterotypical ASCENDED Buddha, the Buddha after having gained perfect enlightenment. His half buddha would make him look like Buddha before that. So...he'd probably get a little chubbier, if were going that route.
    I suppose, but I'm still sort of confused.

Sengoku's DF is the Mera Mera no Mi, Model: Daibutsu, ja? Ja. This is one example of what Daibutsu brings up on Google Images. What Sengoku turned into during the Battle of Marineford looked a lot more like one of those cheesy, golden-painted, house-hold Daibutsu's. So maybe what we saw at Marineford wasn't actually his full transformation? I just want to see Sengoku in a serious fight.

Finally, Doflamingo. His powers are, so far, the most unclear of any powers we've seen. But there are hints to him being a puppateer. The way he holds his fingers when he's controlling Diamond Jozu, they are held in the way you would hold the handles of a marionette's strings. It's clear that his power lets out SOME kind of line, albeit one so thin we cannot see it, since he's used it to slice off Oars Jr's leg and Crocodile's arm, and used the strings to crush Diamond Jozu's diamond arm after restraining him. And now, with how he's drifting along the air above the ocean, his movements look wavey and wobbly, like how a puppet's movements may look, to show movement while in a state where it would be unclear if he is moving (IE, flying).

As an addition to that, his normal way of moving is somewhat janky and odd, much like the exagerated movements of a marionette. So in summery, his power is that he is a Marionette man, and he can extend his strings to control others and strike with them. You are now imagining Doflamingo singing that one Pinnnochio song about not having strings attached.
    Oh, I get the puppeteer thing, but ... ... I don't know. I want the official explanation of him being able to cut off people's limbs and the like. Maybe it's less of a manikin/marionette puppet like situation* but more of a voodoo doll like situation? Perhaps some combination of both.

* Doesn't this already exist in one of the Supernovas? The dude who can turn into a straw monster and plays cards?

28. - Top - End - #1408

Oh, I get how they are thematically related, but them being ... Practically related (for lack of a better term) is so weird. Such diverse power assortment from one little fruit. Weren't Paramecia suppose to be the weakest?

I suppose, but I'm still sort of confused.
    Whitebeard was a Paramecia. Your strength is not determined by your fruit but how you use it. Law, being a doctor, knows a LOT of things that one can do with an operating room and all the things in it, thus he's very strong. It's what I love the most out of One Piece. Your power can be something as lame as "being a giraffe" and you're still an absolute badass.

Sengoku's DF is the Mera Mera no Mi, Model: Daibutsu, ja? Ja. This is one example of what Daibutsu brings up on Google Images. What Sengoku turned into during the Battle of Marineford looked a lot more like one of those cheesy, golden-painted, house-hold Daibutsu's. So maybe what we saw at Marineford wasn't actually his full transformation? I just want to see Sengoku in a serious fight.
    That's...an interesting theory. I'm going to guess it's not true based solely on the fact that if anyone would draw a Daibutsu looking silly, it'd be Oda. Also Sengoku has an afro, anything he turns into will be immediately silly because afro.

I also wanna see him in a serious fight, don't get me wrong.

Oh, I get the puppeteer thing, but ... ... I don't know. I want the official explanation of him being able to cut off people's limbs and the like. Maybe it's less of a manikin/marionette puppet like situation* but more of a voodoo doll like situation? Perhaps some combination of both.

* Doesn't this already exist in one of the Supernovas? The dude who can turn into a straw monster and plays cards?
    The way he was able to cut off people's limbs is with the strings he uses to control people. Thin, fine threads, be they magical or literal threads that he shoots out of his finger tips, are REALLY good at cutting things, due to being so thin. He simple moved the threads so that they wrapped around the limb. Then he pulled. Sliced right off, like a nano fiber blade cutting through a space marine's flak jacket. Or something like that.

Yes, one of the Supernova's has a Voodoo power.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Whitebeard was a Paramecia. Your strength is not determined by your fruit but how you use it. Law, being a doctor, knows a LOT of things that one can do with an operating room and all the things in it, thus he's very strong. It's what I love the most out of One Piece. Your power can be something as lame as "being a giraffe" and you're still an absolute badass.
    I'm not saying Paramecia can't be powerful, but in generally, aren't the Paramecia suppose to be the weakest? I guess you're right in how it's all execution though. I doubt someone with less fighting know-how would be able to achieve Gear 2 and 3 with the Gommu Gommu no Mi. It's just sort of weird how since about the introduction of the Supernovas all the new really powerful DFs have been Paramecia* users. I guess it would be weird to have a crap ton of Logia's show up though, they are rare after all. And it's certainly interesting that the first Logia we meet upon the return from the time-skip is the lowly Corribu ... I feel like I'm rambling. Pardon me.

* I was going to say that there wasn't even a single Zoan user among the lot, but that's a lie. Damn Drake, being an Ancient Zoan. But I think this proves a point, to be in the top of the running he isn't even a regular Zoan, which, in theory, are more powerful than your average Paramecia, he's a special type of Zoan.

I also wanna see him in a serious fight, don't get me wrong.
    Shame he's retired.

The way he was able to cut off people's limbs is with the strings he uses to control people. Thin, fine threads, be they magical or literal threads that he shoots out of his finger tips, are REALLY good at cutting things, due to being so thin. He simple moved the threads so that they wrapped around the limb. Then he pulled. Sliced right off, like a nano fiber blade cutting through a space marine's flak jacket. Or something like that.

Yes, one of the Supernova's has a Voodoo power.
    I guess I'm going to have to go back and re-read the portion of the Battle of Marineford where he got some fighting in. Take a closer look at his hands and such.

Ah, OK. Confusion in my brain. He and Scratchman are the ones teaming up with Kidd, ja?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-12-28 at 04:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1410

I'm not saying Paramecia can't be powerful, but in generally, aren't the Paramecia suppose to be the weakest? I guess you're right in how it's all execution though. I doubt someone with less fighting know-how would be able to achieve Gear 2 and 3 with the Gommu Gommu no Mi. It's just sort of weird how since about the introduction of the Supernovas all the new really powerful DFs have been Paramecia* users. I guess it would be weird to have a crap ton of Logia's show up though, they are rare after all. And it's certainly interesting that the first Logia we meet upon the return from the time-skip is the lowly Corribu ... I feel like I'm rambling. Pardon me.

* I was going to say that there wasn't even a single Zoan user among the lot, but that's a lie. Damn Drake, being an Ancient Zoan. But I think this proves a point, to be in the top of the running he isn't even a regular Zoan, which, in theory, are more powerful than your average Paramecia, he's a special type of Zoan.
    This is the manga discussion thread, rambles happen and are ok.

And I think that was intentional. Before the time skip it was believed, more or less, that Logia was be all end all. The strongest. But that's not the case, because anyone with a strong heart and the will of a man is strong, no matter what their power is. By introducing all these unique people with different skills that aren't Logia, they introduce more interesting fights, and more variaty.

Of the Supernova's I'm not interested in seeing a fight with Capone. He's a walking fortress full of pirates!

Shame he's retired.
    When has this stopped anyone from fighting in any medium ever. Whitebeard was attached to twenty nurses and a gigantic health monitering device and HE fought like a MAN. Sengoku will get to do something, rest assured.

I guess I'm going to have to go back and re-read the portion of the Battle of Marineford where he got some fighting in. Take a closer look at his hands and such.

Ah, OK. Confusion in my brain. He and Scratchman are the ones teaming up with Kidd, ja?
    Yup, he, Scratch, and Kidd are teamed up.