New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: How can I surreptitiously poison someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Yeah, but you need some way of making sure they don't talk.
    As it is written, two may keep a secret when one is dead.
    Indeed. Once they attack, you have a reason to retaliate and silence them.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Ingested poisons are easy, but injury ones are hard?

Put some ground glass in his food along with the injury poison. He probably won't notice anything but his gums being sore, but the microscopic lacerations should be enough to let in the poison.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Give your party a slide presentation of your last vacation. That should do the trick.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say more details are necessary. planning a proper poisoning needs solid details. Why do you need them to sleep, can you just kill them and get the same effect? Do you need them to fall asleep at the party, after the party, what? Do you just need them out of the way, are you abducting them, etc? Does it have to be an injury poison, and why? Do you have teammates and support? Are you a guest at the party, a gate-crasher, part of the help? Does the target know you or your allies? I'm assuming you don't want to get caught poisoning someone? Are there guest at the party that could easily identify the target was poisoned, and does that matter?

Working on the assumptions that you need the target to fall asleep at the party, it has to be an injury poison, and you need it done soon, I'd say a needle would work, but is a bit odd.

Misdirection is your friend here. You could "slip" with a piece of silverware in your hand and "accidentally" injuring your target. In this case I'd reccomend using Blue Whinnis, as it has a slightly higher DC than Drow poison, and it gives you a minute to excuse yourself after apologizing. Additionally, the initial Con damage could convince the target he simply isn't feeling well, and excuse himself briefly, giving you a larger window for...whatever.
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2010-09-01 at 07:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Here is what you do:
    While at the banquet you accidentally spill your drink on him. Invite him over to your house and get him to change into a new shirt. Offer him a chance to sleep over for the night because it would take a considerable amount of time to get elseware. During the night, simply let him sleep. In the morning offer to call for a cab to get him home. Once he is inside the cab and tries to close his door, he will find out to his horror that the inside cab door handle is covered in CONTACT POISON!!!
    Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magdela View Post
    Here is what you do:
    While at the banquet you accidentally spill your drink on him. Invite him over to your house and get him to change into a new shirt. Offer him a chance to sleep over for the night because it would take a considerable amount of time to get elseware. During the night, simply let him sleep. In the morning offer to call for a cab to get him home. Once he is inside the cab and tries to close his door, he will find out to his horror that the inside cab door handle is covered in CONTACT POISON!!!
    Far too many people who can talk. After all, you would need to arrange for that particular cab at that time to come to your door and that particular cab to have contact poison smeared on the inside handle at that particular time.
    It sounds too finicky, as well as too many potential guilty consciences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

How is collateral damage viewed by the party? Inhaled poison dispersed through the whole room would knock everyone without an antidote out. Then you could collect your target and leave letting everyone else wake up.

drow poison shot from hidden hand crossbows (regular hand crossbow shouldn't kill).

a barrel filled with explosives with tiny wooden beads soaking (along with the barrel) in drow poison. The bead are so small they inflict negligible damage, and deliver the toxin.

If you need just him poisoned, can I suggest filling your goblet with invisibility potion, drink in an out of the way area and then just club him cold?
    "When the DM is smiling, it's already too late"

Paranoia is fun, other games are not; play paranoia (and also 3.5, I play that alot too)

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by NNescio
    "Of course all magic manipulates energy, First Law of Thermodynamics, duh!"

See, the thing is, energy in D&D does not mean the same thing as it does in Physics.

8. - Top - End - #38

1) get a delay poison spell on your victim. ie spiked drinked with potion of delay poison
    2) Fill victim with many an ingested poison, enough to ensure a failed save/s.
    3) wait for delay poison spell to run out or dispel the pathetic little potion.
    4) instant death, sleep whatever ... depending on poison. This way the victim doesn't know he's getting poisoned until its far too late.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by fryplink View Post
    If you need just him poisoned, can I suggest filling your goblet with invisibility potion, drink in an out of the way area and then just club him cold?
    Far too complex.

Why not just drink the invisibility potion instead of putting it into a goblet?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Far too complex.

Style. Extra text here!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Far too complex.

That way no one see's you drink a potion, they actually SEE you at the party, and you wouldn't have to go fumbling for your hidden vial. Just find a dark coner, gulp down your drink then club im'.

If you take your potions straight you have to disappear from sight long enough to go through you clothing and uncover the potion and aviod being see with it.

Not a big deal, really, just extra backside-covering. getting the special goblet would require a guy in the back. But you're operating as a group, so that won't be too hard

Paranoia is fun, other games are not; play paranoia (and also 3.5, I play that alot too)

Spoiler
    Show

See, the thing is, energy in D&D does not mean the same thing as it does in Physics.

12. - Top - End - #42

That way no one see's you drink a potion, they actually SEE you at the party, and you wouldn't have to go fumbling for your hidden vial. Just find a dark coner, gulp down your drink then club im'.

If you take your potions straight you have to disappear from sight long enough to go through you clothing and uncover the potion and aviod being see with it.

Not a big deal, really, just extra backside-covering. getting the special goblet would require a guy in the back. But you're operating as a group, so that won't be too hard
    Wait, are you walking in with a vial in your hand? When do you add it? Is it in the punch?

Same applies to adding it to said goblet. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Style. Extra text here!
    Then do it my way for maximum style and rube goldbergness. :P
    Last edited by Magdela; 2010-09-01 at 10:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Wait, are you walking in with a vial in your hand? When do you add it? Is it in the punch?

Same applies to adding it to said goblet. :P
    Your teammate in the back is a waiter, he makes your drink custom.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Your teammate in the back is a waiter, he makes your drink custom.
    Have the teamate give you the drink, which had the potion in it. After that, you hand the target the drink. When he drinks it and turns invisible make your best attempts to follow him around and separate him(from the crowd...the alternative is messy). Knock him out and hide him in plain sight. When he is knocked out use a needle tipped with drow CONTACT POISON!!!

Edit: (not my idea) Give them a cake and a drink covered drow poison. Bluff them that the antidote is in the cake and that the drink was poisoned. In reality the cake is poisonous and the drink was actually filled with alchemists fire.
    Last edited by Magdela; 2010-09-01 at 10:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Coat a small bit of glass with drow poison, do this 3-4 times, drop those glass shards into the persons drink, chances are they will get cut by the sharp little glass and introduce the poison

16. - Top - End - #46

Emulate the TV shows and slip it in his punch. It always seems to work out well for them.
    I take this game with the seriousness it deserves.
    Not all that much. It's a game.

Xykon In The Playground nominee, way back when that happened.

Rebel Leader

Breakfast-atar by The Neoclassic whom I appreciate very much!

17. - Top - End - #47

RedWizardGuy

You guys have it easy. Our rogue in my group has to pay out the ass for 5-15 ongoing poison damage. That's only if he make's a separate attack roll vs fort, which the monsters always save against. And he risks poisoning himself and carrying around illegal and dangerous banned goods in cities.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Injury poison? A single rose can very well deliver it.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Step 1: Buy a scroll of grease (or have the wizard cast it).

Step 2: Poison the edge of the chair or table with Carrion Brain crawler Juice (There is a feat in Drow of the Underdark that will increase the DC if you make it yourself) and hide them in an oppurtune place.

Step 3: Right when he is walking to his chair, Have a party member dressed as a server walk by him with a giant bowl of hot oily soup and spill it, and cast Grease under the table. if you time it right know one will notice the Grease spell and he will fall face first on to the table or chair.

Step 4: If he fails both his saves he is paralyzed for 2d4 minutes (not much of a stretch for someone who hits their head like that) and if not he'll be none the wiser.

If you need more than 2-4 minutes then you might need to try something else.
    Last edited by TheVileVillain; 2010-09-02 at 07:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Might I recommend Pale Designs?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Injury poison? A single rose can very well deliver it.
    THATS IT! present him/her a gift of perfume/cologne with inhaled and contact poisons in them, which he sprays on himself several days later, divorcing yourself from the crime

Spoiler
    Show