New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    I'll bring marshmallows!

Or is that a faux pas?
    Bacon Marshamallow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #632
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblood View Post
    Considering I was going to ask to be Iago.... that fits rather well :D And yes, twas me *bows*
    There's a reason that we were saving up Magnificent B*****d.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    So Mookie, if he'd go that route, would derail Siggy's character completely by negating any shred of goodness he had in his being which we saw over the course of the series. He's most likely going out on a quest for revenge and anger and badness by fighting Karnak and trying to kill him... WHICH I LIKE!

I mean come on, Siggy rising up here as a demon lord and trying to kill Karnak? That's totally something I'd root! Maybe he'll slay Bulgak again and some other Orcs that might have taken a left turn instead of the required orc right.
    I think you're on to something here Lillith, but with the wrong character - Sigfried has already been completely derailed, so I think that what we're seeing here is the beginning of the derailment of Karnak.

It makes sense. Karnak is the ultra-powerful King of Hell, and before that he was the monstrously violent, nigh invulnerable Demon of Wounds whose only Infernomancer minion seems to have been one of the very few strong and canny enough to have survived the purges of the Battle-Mages after the First Maltak War.

What better way to make him look like a complete wimp and utter fool than to have a long-haired pretty-boy like Sigfried - his one time minion - waltz in, smack him around and usurp his throne so that he has to go crawling to the Deegans- his former friends turned rivals and now bitter nemeses - for help?

And remember, this is Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire. More outlandish and absurd things have been done to ruin characters in canon and in context before now!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2010-09-17 at 04:58 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    And remember, this is Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire. More outlandish and absurd things have been done to ruin characters in canon and in context before now!
    Believe it, Sheriff.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

4. - Top - End - #634

Also, did anyone notice the newspost?

Quote Originally Posted by You know who
    That mask saw lots of use and I had lots of fun with it during The Shadow of Siegfried, but nothing stays the same around here for very long and it was time for a dramatic unmasking. Hellish slaughterfests look much better when teeth are bared and eyes are blazing, in my opinion. Not that I have much experience with infernal butchery outside of my pen and paper.

I should have a new Donation Wallpaper up by next week at some point.

I'm also working on a few experimental t-shirt designs that incorporate some of my amateur photography. More on that next week as well.

That's all from me for now.
    Rock on and have a nice weekend!
    tl;dr: He's making gorn t-shirts.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

5. - Top - End - #635

I could defend Mookie about the mindcontrolling mask thing a being stupid idea and requires a high suspension of disbelief by saying that maybe it wasn't the mask, but the blast from TINYSnuggly that broke Karnak's control.

But I will counter that defense by saying that if it were the case, Mookie did a terrible job at portraying it. By showing the mask removed first, the natural assumption would be that it was a mindcontrol device, a very poorly applied device that could have easily been knocked off with enough force.

A proper way of doing it would be to have Siggy getting up from the blast, still wearing the mask and then ripping it off and do his KHAAAAN impression. I think it looks more dramatic that way. It shows that he is breaking free from the chains of Karnak and ready to do some asskicking!

But yea, this is Mookie, he never thinks his narratives through.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2010-09-17 at 05:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #636

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    A proper way of doing it would be to have Siggy getting up from the blast, still wearing the mask and then ripping it off and do his KHAAAAN impression. I think it looks more dramatic that way. It shows that he is breaking free from the chains of Karnak and ready to do some asskicking!
    That'd've been nice, yeah.

or show him slightly snugglified.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-17 at 07:26 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #637

Griffon

Question about the last panel in today's strip: What is Siggy's brooch supposed to be pinned to?

It's supposed to be there to clasp the hem of his cloak together and stop it falling open, I can gather that much, but it's sitting in a way so as to be either pinned directly to the flesh of his chest (but without drawing blood) or is just incredibly heavy to the point of outweighing his entire cloak.
    If the latter isn't true, the weight of the cloak would pull it upwards and the spikes would be pressing right under his chin. Otherwise it's just decorative and his cloak is held on by his pauldrons (the armour things on his shoulders) which would make the brooch hang loose when he leans forward like in panels 1 and 3

I'm not really a stickler for perfectly medieval fashion accessories, but by the looks of things it may be held on with spirit gum, which suddenly ranks Siggy as the villain of a low-budget fantasy TV program like Xena or something.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2010-09-17 at 07:36 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #638

Imp

so, t-shirts with photos of bloody girls in bathtubs printed on them?

I know, it's a cheap shot, heh.
    That's not really a cheap shot. Hell, that's not even a shot. That's just saying what he likes to take pictures of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    I still love the name Luna though. I can't be bothered by the fact that I named my cat like that. Then again, she's named after this Luna.
    Hell, my dog's named Siegfried.

I forget why.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

9. - Top - End - #639

NecromancerGuy

Hey, I just remembered something. Tuskface manifests sometime around birth, right?

Edit: The curse on living Callanians, not... Not Siggy.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-17 at 08:09 PM.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #640

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hey, I just remembered something. Tuskface manifests sometime around birth, right?
    It's MAGIC ~HELL~!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

11. - Top - End - #641

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    It's MAGIC ~HELL~!
    Err, I was actually referring to Luna's condition, sorry.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #642

Err, I was actually referring to Luna's condition, sorry.
    It works either way.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-17 at 08:23 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

13. - Top - End - #643

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    It works either way.
    Hah, especially to the whole, why didn't they just alter Luna while she was a toddler point that no one brought up in the it just bugs me article that I was pondering.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-17 at 08:26 PM.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #644
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hah, especially to the whole, why didn't they just alter Luna while she was a toddler point that no one brought up in the it just bugs me article that I was pondering.
    Because alterists are creepy man.

Where have you been all this time.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

15. - Top - End - #645

Well, since the Travoria family is EVULZ EVULZ EVULZ, they probably wanted a runt they could abuse.

It makes about as much sense as any.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2010-09-17 at 08:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #646

NecromancerGuy

Well, since the Travoria family is EVULZ EVULZ EVULZ, they probably wanted a runt they could abuse.

Indeed, I was actually a bit amused that no one had brought that part up though.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #647

GnomeWizardGuy

I never really thought about that. Since the Travoria family is EVULZ, why didn't they, uh, go with option one.

(I don't know why I find that particular strip so unintentionally funny. I think it might be all the faces.)

18. - Top - End - #648

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I never really thought about that. Since the Travoria family is EVULZ, why didn't they, uh, go with option one.

(I don't know why I find that particular strip so unintentionally funny. I think it might be all the faces.)
    Yes, the faces are just goofy as all Maltak and back.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that particular strip did give us Fangman, so i approve of it.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

20. - Top - End - #650

I don't know... Luna's face in that 4th panel always gives me the creeps. It's like "LUNA HAPPY", "Yes, yes, puppet. Enjoy your walk".

Not to mention the giant naked Luna...
    Last edited by Castel; 2010-09-17 at 10:56 PM.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

21. - Top - End - #651
    Orc in the Playground

Damn, this thread is moving fast.

Another long runner here, been around at least since the epic thread and Snowsong, maybe a bit earlier.

We should also have something for fallen tropers, like Winterwind (who contributed significantly to the lore of these threads), Fangly (the first person with a name drawn from snarker lore?), etc. Perhaps this - although given the subject matter, this might be more appropriate.

Also, would multilis count as a villain? Or did s/he cross over to the Snark Side?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    But did you remember to carry the two divide by zero divide by arcana?
    Fixed
    Fixed some more.

That's definitely it for me.

First panel: This woman is clearly thinking WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DID IT GET IN MY HANDS???
    Second panel: Black-haired, tuskless Luna has a thousand-yard stare to emphasize how broken and empty she is without her fangs (or that she is stoned).
    Third panel: Short-haired Luna clearly does not appreciate the nuanced humor of beloved comedy trio Fangman and the Belly-Laughers.*
    Fourth panel: Down Syndrome Luna and her caregiver Dominic are both so proud that she's finally managed to eat a whole meal without adult supervision.**
    Fifth panel: DSL strikes again!

*I know in a previous thread we concluded that any short phrase you can think of is already the name of a band, but surely "Fangman and the Belly-Laughers" is not yet taken, no?
    ** No offense intended to people with Down Syndrome. Or, for that matter, black- or short-haired, stoned, or tuskless people or battle-weary soldiers.

22. - Top - End - #652

Trazoi Trazoi Trazoi, do you not know how villains work? They never discard anyone who might be of use to them, even if they're only infants. Why, take a look at Frollo from Disney.

23. - Top - End - #653

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Personally I think multilitis would be the Big Bad. He's/she's the closest thing to an actual villain here. PersonalSavior and Lord Khaine are more like Friendly Enemies.

At this point I think of DD as more of an Eldritch Abomination that defies all narrative causality and character development which induces madness in those who gaze into its depths for too long.

Edit:

multilitis is also something of a Knight Of Cerebus. Every time multilitis posts here the tone of the forum becomes a little more hostile.
    Last edited by M84; 2010-09-18 at 12:37 AM.

24. - Top - End - #654

One last derail.

Okay, so given I've only been here a few months, I don't really know you people that well. As such, send me a PM of a trope if you want your entry for Snarkerangers (guitar riff) to be more personalized.

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Heyall,

Personally I think multilitis would be a Big Bad Wannabe. He's not that effective, but he's the closest thing to an actual villain here. PersonalSavior and Lord Khaine are more like Friendly Enemies.
    Wait, who?
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-09-18 at 12:37 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

25. - Top - End - #655

GnomeWizardGuy

Trazoi Trazoi Trazoi, do you not know how villains work? They never discard anyone who might be of use to them, even if they're only infants. Why, take a look at Frollo from Disney.
    I haven't seen Disney's Notre Dame, but didn't Disney's Frollo originally attempt "option one"?

Granted, his plan probably didn't have the subtlety of Lady Travoria's idea of raising and educating an ugly baby until an adult and then have her commit suicide in order to commit knight insurance fraud. It's not as if there's a more cunning use of having a skilled sorceress in the family.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And the Great Dominus has a vision in his unconsciousness of . . . Stunt hanging people? It is Stunt, but with different hair from earlier. Stunt's a mass murderer now? Or simply poor art. Now, from previous appearances Stunt's willing to kill, but he's a knife nut, and this ominous hooded lurking doesn't seem typical of Stunt, so I call poor art. However, if it is Stunt I'll be pleasantly surprised as it would explain why he and Bumper kept trying to rob a seer.
    I find this observation amusing. Eventually the art in this comic gets so lazy that basically everyone becomes Stunt. One of the more popular strip slay memes is the "Stunt's head" meme, where you replace a character's head with Stunt's.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

27. - Top - End - #657

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

I haven't seen Disney's Notre Dame, but didn't Disney's Frollo originally attempt "option one"?

Granted, his plan probably didn't have the subtlety of Lady Travoria's idea of raising and educating an ugly baby until an adult and then have her commit suicide in order to commit knight insurance fraud. It's not as if there's a more cunning use of having a skilled sorceress in the family.
    Yeah, in Disney's Notre Dame he did try to throw the kid down a well. A bishop warned him that doing so in a holy place like Notre Dame would condemn him forever, so he didn't. He was pretty much stuck raising Quasimodo after that, so he compensated by being abusive and cruel.

The knight fraud scheme actually does make sense in an evil sort of way. Luna's mother always hated her and only didn't kill her in case she might be useful somewhere down the line. Like you said, a skilled sorceress with absolutely no self-esteem and backbone has her uses. When she discovered Luna's crush on Siggy, she saw an opportunity to drive her to suicide and finally be rid of her while keeping her own hands clean and getting a hefty payoff as a bonus.

28. - Top - End - #658

Darn, I forgot about that, but still! He's not the first villain to have raised a child, only to have that child turn hero. How does that happen anyway?

29. - Top - End - #659

NecromancerGuy

Rousseau was right?
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #660

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Darn, I forgot about that, but still! He's not the first villain to have raised a child, only to have that child turn hero. How does that happen anyway?
    Villains tend to be jerks to the kids they raise. Villains also have a bad habit of hurting/killing people who are actually nice to the kids. This usually turns all but the most heavily brainwashed kids against them.