New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Manhunt

1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Manhunt

Acheron

Seeing the orc distracted with the others, Acheron suddenly burts into action Dashing past the lizardfolk and charging the orc, swinging his huge sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    encounter power: Whirlwind Charge
    1d20+8[14] vs AC
    oath roll: 1d20+8[19] vs AC<--using 2nd roll
    damage: 2d10+4=15

AC=16+6 vs attacks of opportunity i provoked

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Manhunt

Hit by the force of the orc's mighty hammer Micheal Derving turns himself invisible. However, he stands up and extends his dagger and with an anger that makes time seem to slow, calls upon his most dangerous spell onto the orc. Purple lightening surges through the dagger before being shot across the road at the orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Reeling torment: 23 vs REF. 3d8+CHA= (6,4,6+5+2)=23 psychic damage and at the beginning of every one of the orc's turns push 3 spaces to [G2](Save ends). If attack misses deal half damage and move to [G4](Save Ends).
    Move action: Stand up

For DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When do we get daily powers back?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

El Pato's attack rocked the greatly weaken lizardfolk backwards with El Pato still pressing the attack. The Orc dodged right into the purple blast from an invisable source, grabbing his head in immense pain. The lizardfolk and Cobra watch Stephan rise back up to his daunting height and ready their attacks. However, both spears and the iron jaws of the cobra have no effect on Stephan's knees. Acheron flew right past the lizardfolk on his path to the Orc where his blade found flesh. Realing in pain from the purple blast from the ground, the orc stumbles back, regains his footing and rushes at Acheron. Acheron is slightly pierced by the spear.

Spoiler
    Show
    El Pato hits lizardfolk, I moved him to his new square.

Micheal hits the Orc

Stephan stood up and sucked at attacking

Acheron was missed by the AoO from Lizardfolk 2 and hit the Orc

Stephan and his rediculous defences repelled all attacks.

The Orc was shifted back on his turn from Micheal's attack, ran back up to Acheron, and hit for 8 damage.

Caesus is last in init so when he posts, end round 3. All enemies except lizardfolk 1 are seriously hurt.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Stephan

Seeing one of the lizardfolk attack at the strange masked man from the bar, Stephan takes advantage of the enemy's distraction, and swings his pick at the lizard's scaly face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate interrupt to a marked target (lizard 2) attacking not me.

Warden's Fury: Str vs Fort
    1d20+9 [14]

if hits: 1d12+7 damage [14] and target grants combat advantage until the end of my next turn.

Still during round 3

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caesus calls upon the spirits of rain and water to take down the enemies and grant healing to those that aid him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spirit of the Healing Flood
    std action close burst 5
    Target:each enemy in burst
    attack: wis vs fort
    12(1d20)+2+4=20 vs Fort for all the enemies.
    Hit: 1d8+wis mod dmg
    5(1d8)+4= 9 dmg
    Miss: half dmg
    Effect: until the end of the encounter, you and each ally in the burst gain regeneration 2 while bloodied. as a minor action, a character can end this effect on himself to regain 10 hp.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

No longer invisible Micheal Derving turns his anger onto the lizardfolk. This time he raises his dagger and a bluish light bursts from the dagger; a fog expels from his mouth. A dragons head blasts from his dagger surrounded by the same fog and flies towards the lizard. He then shifts into the doorway behind him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Dragonfrost to lizardfolk 2: 1d20+5=18 vs. Fort. 1d8+7= 14 cold damage. If hit move target to [G7]
    Move Action: Shift to [K7]
    At beginning of orcs turn move it three spaces to G2 (save ends)
    Last edited by tmyers09; 2010-09-22 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Forgot something

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Acheron grunts from his spear wound, striking his oath sworn target once again, he attempts a strike to force movement of the orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    standard action: At will power: Overwhelming Strike
    1d20+7[24]vs AC <-- using this
    1d20+7[22]

damage: 1d10+4[9]
    shift myself from g6-->h6
    shift orc from g5-->g6
    on miss, shift doesn't happen

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

El Pato

El Pato feels the spiritual rain of the half-orc's spell returning vitality to him. Rejuvenated, he ducks back around the now-obvious shaman, setting up for his signature move: the 540-Full-Reverse-One-Handed-Boneless-Twisting-Face-Busting-Hammer-Slam!

Spoiler
    Show

-Minor: Pop Matt's buff to gain 10 hp
    -Move: To G9, then diagonally down to I12 to avoid opportunity attacks
    -Standard: Charge: Savage Rend @ Lizzy #1: 1d20+10+2(flanking)=30 vs Ref
    --Hit: 1d8+1d6+8=19 damage, slide target to H8, I shift to I8

38/43 hp

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Stephan
    "Come and get me vile beasts!" Stephan shouts to his foes as he swings his pick at the iron snake, once again calling on the forces of the earth to aid him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: Mark all adjacent enemies.

Standard action: Earth Spikes, Str vs AC
    1d20+ 9 [24]

Hit: 1d12+7 damage [12] Until the end of my next turn, the targets space (and each adjacent space) is filled with spikes.Enemies who move into or start their turn in this area take 5 damage. From spikes. [area is 3x3 box centered on I6

Ac:21 Fort: 19 Ref: 14 Will: 17 HP: 61/63

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Reposts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Micheal (lizardfolk 2 was killed by Caesus last round

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Finding he had been hallucinating (like the doctor said he would) the lizardfolk he fired upon, Micheal Derving turned the spell back towards the other lizardfolk. "I need to start taking my meds again"he said shaking his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Dragonfrost to lizardfolk 1: 1d20+5=18 vs. Fort. 1d8+7= 14 cold damage. If hit move target to [G8]
    Move Action: Shift to [K7]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caesus focuses on one of the enemies before him and strikes at it with the wrathful spirits of winter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Std Action Ranged 5 Wis vs Fort
    Hit: 1d10+WisMod Cold Dmg. You can teleport your spirit companion to a space adjacent to the enemy.

Attack: Wis vs Fort @ Iron Cobra
    11(1d20)+2+4=17

Hit:
    1(1d10)+2+4= 7 cold damage :(

Teleport Ret'gar to H7
    Last edited by Iudex; 2010-09-23 at 11:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

repost:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *sigh* sorry, Caesus, but lizzardfolk 1 is now dead thanks to Micheal. Please hang up and try your attack again.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    poooooooooooooosssssssssssssstttttttttttttt
    subscribe to this thread so you get it in email >:O

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The Iron Cobra resisted Caesus's attack and struck out at Stephan, again eating part of him. The Orc also stabbed Acheron with his spear using only one hand. The other was holding in his entrials.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Cobra deals 8 damage to Stephan, ongoin 5 poison, save ends

The Orc hits Acheron for 10 damage.

End of round

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Stephan

Cringing at the large bite in his calf, Stephan lashes out at the cobra, calling on the earth to help buffer his wounds until he has the time to care for them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: font of life saving throw: 15

Standard action: Strength of stone: str vs AC

1d20+9 [19]

if hit 1d12+7 [17] and i gain 4 temp hp.

Free action: mark all adjacent enemies.

No move, no minor.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"OH THE CARNAGE"Micheal Dervingscreamed as he looked into the battle. Lifting his dagger again, a mist surrounded him. His eyes turned into blue flames and from the dagger burst another blue dragons head. Firing across the road towards the Orc.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Dragonfrost: 1d20=17 vs fort. 1d8= 7+7= 14 cold damage I push the orc one square back to [F6].

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

El Pato

El Pato rebounds from the fray, only to throw himself at the enemy once again!

Spoiler
    Show

-Move: back up for charge
    -Standard: Charge @ Snake: Savage Rend
    --1d20+10=25 vs Ref
    --1d8+1d6+8=18 damage, slide target to H5
    --I shift to J6
    -Minor: Wild Shape to Human, shift to J5

38/43 hp

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

A blue blast bashes the bloodied Orc beyond belief. Bam. Shephan's plea to the earth was for not.

Spoiler
    Show
    El Pato hits the Cobra.

THE ORC IS DEAD!

and Stephan missed.
    Last edited by Bearclaw; 2010-09-25 at 12:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Acheron swears a new oath upon the cobra and swings his sword, both vanish in a flash of light, only to appear again a small distance away

Spoiler
    Show
    minor action: Oath of Enimity: Iron Cobra
    encounter power: Sequestering Strike
    1d20+7[17] vs AC <--
    1d20+7[13] vs AC X
    hit: 2d10+4[12], teleport iron cobra from
    h5 -> j2
    acheron from
    h6 -> j1
    teleport fails on miss
    Minor Action: use Caesus' buff

prepare immediate interrupt: Divine Guidance
    first after me in init who attacks Iron Cobra may make 2nd attack roll, choosing either result.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caesus runs forward and once again use the spirits of winter to strike at the enemy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Move to I5

Wrath of Winter
    Ranged 5 Wis vs Fort
    4(1d20)+6+2=12

Hit: 1d10+WisMod Cold Dmg.
    6(1d8)+4+2=12

Teleport Ret'gar to I2

If miss still moving Ret'gar to I2

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The Cobra snears at his opponents as their pitiful attacks glance off him. Then he MC Hammer slides past Caesus and Acheron to get another chance at Stephan. "Goliath flesh is quite tangy" he thinks as he bites some more of Stephan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Misses all around for you guys. I moved the teleport back where it came from. TY for noting where you teleported from.

Cobra hits Stephan for 10 damage and 5 ongoin' poison, save ends.
    Last edited by Bearclaw; 2010-09-26 at 09:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Stephan

Stephan, becoming quite angry at this strange unnatural snake, tries once again to hit it with his pick. Yelling out in pain and anger, the earth comes to his call, fortifying his defenses against the vicious contraption.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action : Font of life save: 17 (save)

Free action: mark all adjacent enemies

Free action: end regeneration effect to gain 10hp

Standard Action: Strength of Stone Str. vs AC
    1d20+9 [21]

on hit: 1d12+7 [11] damage and I gain 4 temp hp.

HP: 53/63

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Acheron
    Acheron grunts in frustration at the slippery cobra, again he attempts to maneuver the creature with a swing of his huge sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Overwhelming strike
    1d20+7[23] vs AC <---
    1d20+7[8] vs AC X
    hit: 1d10+4[7]
    cobra:
    i6 -> h6
    acheron:
    h6 -> h7

prepare immediate interrupt: Divine Guidance
    first who attacks Iron Cobra may make 2nd attack roll, choosing either result.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

With Stephan's blow, the cobra falls to the ground. Its bolts snap from the metal construct and only a heap of battered iron remains. Carnage is all around. 6 Civilians lie dead in the street. Lizardfolk and the orc are still leaking blood from their mutilated bodies. After the noise of battle subsides, faces can be seen peering from the windows. They are still fear stricken but show some signs of happiness. Crying can be heard from many houses and alleyways.

Running from the south is a Dwarf. He is waddling more than running. Call it a quick waddle. He is plump and dressed in a officers uniform. He caries an ornate sword on his side bearing the mark of the Pantross nation. On his chest are medals and also the Pantross symbol. When he finally approaches the blood stained area, he stops, puts on hands on his knees and gasps for air.

"Whew! Oh my! Thank you!"

As he begins to regain his breath, his speech becomes more fluid and professional.

"Noble 5, you have each done the city of Neotross, nay, the whole Pantross nation, a great service. Our guards were not prepared and are too few. Without your valor, hundreds citizens might have been killed. I have already sent word to King Mintos of your deeds. He will want to reward you all for sure."

He looks at all of the death in the street.

"6 dead. No Dwarves though. Are any of you hurt? The King will provide the very best healing services available. And don't worry about the window. I'll send for the workmen to clean the streets and repair the damages. But the King is waiting."

The Dwarf gestures for you to follow to the South. It is truely a great honor to be invited to meet the King, let alone be rewarded by him.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Stephan

Wiping the brain (and other various fleshy bits) off of his pick, Stephan gives the dwarf a long, silent look before responding as he replaces his clean(er) pick to it's loop. "Meeting the King is a good custom of city people yes? I will follow you, and am sorry about the window. I get carried away. How did those beasts get into city? Do we not guard the gate?" His booming voice is ponderous, not angry.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rushing to stand next to the Dwarf as they started walking Micheal Derving burst with joy, "We're going to see the kiiinnnggg, we're going to see the kiiiiinnngggg!!!!! What an honour it is to meet the king! Maybe I can finally ask him why there is no exculsive bar for us rich people!". Glaring at the rest in distaste.

Agreeing with the behemoth Micheal Derving said, "Yes why is the guard not on duty? Why are we left vulnerable with a shifter problem?! Even this idiot can see that there is a problem with this!, his voice not as loud as the giants but very angry.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The Dwarf sighs. "The guards at the watchtower are not the most reliable bunch. Sometimes they have been woken up while on duty. The problem is that they lack a supervisor. Everyone needs someone to watch them to make sure they are doing their job. And who watches the Watchmen? Nobody. They will surely be executed for their lazyness this time. Also, the gate wasn't locked because the Shifters never attack this far south. These weren't Shifters. They came from somwhere else."

Spoiler
    Show
    Micheal Derving, roll a diplomacy check.
    Last edited by Bearclaw; 2010-09-27 at 09:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

El Pato

El Pato massages his aching shoulder, a consequence of too many body slams. He doesn't know very much about military and police administration, but as he listens to the banter of the big dirty guy, the tiny angry guy, and the new bearded guy, even he is disappointed in the city. He decides he'll follow and see the king to get some answers. He might even be able to learn something about what the shifters have been up to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for late, not feeling too sweet atm
    Last edited by SpaceHamster15; 2010-09-27 at 09:42 AM. Reason: grammar

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yes, I understand the Shifters do not come so far south but what if they do! What if they figured out that the guard slept at their posts in THE CAPITAL CITY?! We would have been slaughtered in our sleep! But I am being impolite to your hospitality. Please forgive me I am just shaken from the battle and wish to rest. Guide us, fine sir, to the king!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check: 1d20=20+12=32 (Is a crit enough?)