New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

Ah, sorry about that. Here we go.
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-10-03 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmmm. Seems okay for the most part, though the bankai timestop seems like a real gamebreaker, even if he loses bankai after that.

Tiny detail: World War II ended on 1945. It hasn't even been 100 years since. Also, your background isn't very specific about what happened when the Hollows attacked. So it might be interesting to give it a little 'oomph'.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #393

Oops. I'll make it the Russo-Japanese war memorial, as for the timestop, it'll only last a few actual seconds, and it will make him have to go gigai for a few months. So it's really a last resort. Just to be safe, i'll make it near time stop. The others can act, but they'll basically have to know what he's going to do to fight back. Like I said, last resort.
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Still too powerful. If they don't know what he's doing, he can plant a blade in their chest in those few seconds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Combat time manipulation ends badly, in my experience.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

Consider this: if you make yourself faster, you increase your ability to catch up with others who are faster than you. If you make others slower, you hamper their ability to defend themselves. It's not like people run on a HP bar - battles in Bleach happen with swords, and usually the moment they strike, they strike big and nasty. A couple of slices at the most, and you're talking about dead people.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, not always. After all, there is the fact that spirits are, generally, tougher than humans (although I'm not entirely sure whether that's Canon or Fanon. From the sort of damage the battlers take, I'd say it's Canon, just not explicitly stated).

But the point still stands.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-03 at 09:28 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #398

Okay, uh, any ideas? Rank (Gamebreaking Bankai aside)?

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Seated officer.

For the simple reason that all Captain spots are taken, and so too are Vice-Captain spots. I think.

13th Division can always use more men.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

So, does Amore seem more like a Fraccion, or a Numeros. He's not particularly powerful, but his abilities aren't focused around personal power, they're focused around boosting others' abilities. If he was a Fraccion, I could personally see him with Pan or with Edward.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #401

Well, I think I really fit more into 2nd or 6th Division. We'll see what Dorizzt or Moon think. I'm thinking either 7th or 3rd seat. Opinions?
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-10-03 at 09:41 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Halfling in the Playground

Well Cyborg, I haven't had the time to take a look at your entry, but the 2nd does indeed have an opening in the 3rd seat position. I'll look over your shinigami and tell you if I think he'd work well in the 2nd.

That aside, welcome to BleachITP Reborn!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

13. - Top - End - #403

Thanks, for both. Generally speaking, moving at the speed of sound is quite useful in an assasain.

14. - Top - End - #404

Character wise, he looks like a better fit for the Sixth, IMBO. His abilities could go either way. As far as I know, both of the named seats are open.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-10-03 at 10:14 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

15. - Top - End - #405

Well, I took a look, and he does seem to fit the 2nd profile quite well. Congrats, you found a division!

That out of the way, I think you should be taking a look at the Onmitsukido, because generally, all high-ranking 2nd members also command a unit in there. To get to the write-up, just click the BleachITP link in my signature and that'll get you there.

EDIT: The 5th Unit looks like a good match for Arata (plus, all the others kind of have commanders already).
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-03 at 10:17 AM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

16. - Top - End - #406

Yeah, I am thinking more 2nd Division. He does seem to fit into 5th division, but he really is very combat skilled as well. 2nd Division it is! Expect my post up in a few hours. Also, remember he's quite young for a seated, so he's basically a new officer. RP as such.
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-10-03 at 10:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407

No biggie. The 2nd's VC is....70-something, if I remember correctly. Well, I should probably inform you that currently, the VCs and 3rd seats are having a party in a bar...somewhere, so that'd be a perfect time to introduce Arata.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

18. - Top - End - #408

... Somewhere in the Soul Society or somewhere else?

19. - Top - End - #409

I'm not entirely sure. Presumably somewhere in the SS, yes.

Guys? I'm sure you could help with that one better than me.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Should I assume that lack of commentary on my guy mean's he's ok, and move on to finding a potential Espada for him to work under?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

I think it's somewhere in Rukongai.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Cyborg? You're supposed to post in the Soul Society thread.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413

Sorry. I'll fix that.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

No worries. We all make a couple of mistakes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Hmmm... Doesn't sound much like "undetectable" to me, with all those highlights. Definitely not "no matter how hard you try, Vicente can hide from you".

Kyakko is a kido that completely blankets spiritual pressure.

Reiatsu cloaks are available in Viatrix's shop (which I am fully willing to negotiate on, or remove).

Really, what's the big deal here? It's nothing new. If you're going to nitpick at KD when he was being completely reasonable about it and had noted limitations on his cloak, what about the others?

Also, has Vicente "come to kill everyone in their sleep"? I think not.
    All those highlights are on his level one cloak. Look at level 5 that says 100% hidden or 75% against an espada that's stacked to find him. Everyone else has to wait until he's in ressureccion.

Kyakko can be broken, like all kido, with a large enough amount of pure reiatsu.

Viatrix's aren't to that level, and can be used by anyone. Vincente's is a gamebreaker. It's going to make him nearly invincible to other characters, since he's already a master of not being seen. So the fact that he isn't invisible really doesn't make a difference. He might as well be now.

If being completely reasonable is the same as "you can't sense me... Ever." then I'm seriously worried about he state of balance in this game.

@KD&FF: Open sky would make it less useful. It's still harder to make out his form, especially at night. How many people do you expect to randomly search the skies for Vincente if they can't feel a presence? Also, what has given you the idea that he'd be in the open sky for any reason on a regular basis? He sneaks around.

Also, there's no way vincente would try to sneak up on someone while they're vulnerable... Oh wait, he did exactly that to Mei. What's to stop him from going into an Espada's tower and murdering them in their sleep? Obviously, as per a post in HM, Vincente can kill a dozen people without alarming anyone.

So, there you have it. That's my opinion, which obviously nobody shares, because that would mean I was right for once. Not that multiple people have refrained from saying anything on the matter. Oh wait, they did. Probably because they know it's futile anyway, because all three of you are central 5 members. And you all seem to agree on everything. Maybe it was a bad idea to have an entire central 5 that have the exact same views on everything. It would be much fairer if there was actually some form of discussion needed for a decision.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Should I assume that lack of commentary on my guy mean's he's ok, and move on to finding a potential Espada for him to work under?
    Having looked over him, he seems fine. Underpowered, even.

My only "hangup" is that he strongly resembles Pan's power structure. Though Pan works via possession, and can take control. So there's still separation.

I'd say take a look at the Espada. Keep in mind that Arcelia (3rd) is an NPC (Vael dropped the game), and Pan (9th) is an NPC (Free Hand had computer troubles back in July, and has been AWOL since).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #417

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Seated officer.

For the simple reason that all Captain spots are taken, and so too are Vice-Captain spots. I think.

13th Division can always use more men.
    Hocrap.

I forgot you were back.

Karite's gonna get screwed in SO MANY WAYS once he gets back, including (But not limited too):

• Standing Down a Strike Team
    • Going into MW despite their being a prepared strike team
    • Not telling Natsuko what he was doing
    • Managing to get pwned by Auset.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hocrap.

I forgot you were back.

Karite's gonna get screwed in SO MANY WAYS once he gets back, including (But not limited too):

• Standing Down a Strike Team
    • Going into MW despite their being a prepared strike team
    • Not telling Natsuko what he was doing
    • Managing to get pwned by Auset.
    As well as:

-Not attacking the enemy (Auset) immediately, and instead allowing her to continue attacking and harassing unseated and lower-seated officers.
    -Not treating the enemy as a serious thread, allowing them to go about their business more freely.
    -Not even attempting to finish off a wounded enemy. Since that leave a powerful Hollow unpurified.

That's probably the worst failure right there. One of the two basic, fundamental duties of a Shinigami, and he just turned his back on it and tried to walk away because his opponent "was weak"?

If Masaru were his Captain, he'd bust his butt down to "unseated" so fast he'd lose his breath. And he'd stay there for about 3 centuries. Minimum.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    All those highlights are on his level one cloak. Look at level 5 that says 100% hidden or 75% against an espada that's stacked to find him. Everyone else has to wait until he's in ressureccion.

Kyakko can be broken, like all kido, with a large enough amount of pure reiatsu.

Viatrix's aren't to that level, and can be used by anyone. Vincente's is a gamebreaker. It's going to make him nearly invincible to other characters, since he's already a master of not being seen. So the fact that he isn't invisible really doesn't make a difference. He might as well be now.

If being completely reasonable is the same as "you can't sense me... Ever." then I'm seriously worried about he state of balance in this game.

@KD&FF: Open sky would make it less useful. It's still harder to make out his form, especially at night. How many people do you expect to randomly search the skies for Vincente if they can't feel a presence? Also, what has given you the idea that he'd be in the open sky for any reason on a regular basis? He sneaks around.

Also, there's no way vincente would try to sneak up on someone while they're vulnerable... Oh wait, he did exactly that to Mei. What's to stop him from going into an Espada's tower and murdering them in their sleep? Obviously, as per a post in HM, Vincente can kill a dozen people without alarming anyone.

So, there you have it. That's my opinion, which obviously nobody shares, because that would mean I was right for once. Not that multiple people have refrained from saying anything on the matter. Oh wait, they did. Probably because they know it's futile anyway, because all three of you are central 5 members. And you all seem to agree on everything. Maybe it was a bad idea to have an entire central 5 that have the exact same views on everything. It would be much fairer if there was actually some form of discussion needed for a decision.
    It is true that no one besides those three and you has spoken on the matter. However, that does not mean that the silent share your opinion. A more probable reason is apathy regarding the subject. The status of the people disagreeing with you is irrelevant, as the Central 5 has no power over Hueco Mundo matters anyway, and your claims that the Central 5 always agrees on everything are laughable. I've had some rather heated arguments with Frozen Feet, for example. Even on this very series of threads.

One person is not a community movement, and no matter how much you claim the silent majority, that will remain the case.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

...Which he doesn't have yet. Which he can change. Which doesn't make him able to pierce hierro any better, or spiritual bodies above his level. Or make his cloak any less vulnerable to attack against a skilled opponent.

And what if a kido-focused captain uses it?

I've never said how powerful the cloaks are. They suppress reiatsu. Someone isn't going to feel it. Therefore, it makes no sense to complain about one and not the other.

You seem to be the only one, on this issue at least.

...But that's what skilled combatants do. They don't fight on enemies' terms, they fight on their own. Any skilled foe should know what Vicente can do, account for it, and try to make it more to their advantage.

Point the first. Vicente being "undetectable" doesn't mean he can pierce an Espada's hierro any better. Or survive the counterattack.

So, because people haven't spoken up, they're being oppressed?

And because the Central 5 all disagree on your opinion, you think it was a bad idea?

EDIT: Also, yes, they have no bearing on Hueco Mundo. Draken took up that post. And the only reason I haven't proposed a similar committee is because I trust Draken, the same I trust KD, and players of this game.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-10-03 at 01:53 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!