New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Alright, I decided what should happen to Karite:

He gets a lecture, is about to be demoted when Natsuko discovers that the leader of the Strike Team, who Karite stood down went on the mission anyways.

Then he gets a warning, and she goes and rips into Akio, for, y'know disobeying direct orders from a superior.
    Wait.

So, the guy Karite told to stand down, in direct violation of both Division policy and good sense, gets punished for going to help anyways?

Um...how about not? Akio might warrant a lecture for not having brought more strike team than himself, but Karite still royally screwed up. He's the higher authority here, so Akio's actions reflect on him. He shouldn't get to pass the buck like that.

Seriously, I'm sorry, but that idea just doesn't make sense. Karite doesn't magically get off the hook because Akio jumped the gun or whatever. Karite still endangered everyone by sitting on his ass and watching Auset attempt to kill them, all because she refused to immediately drop everything and go run off, letting him cut loose with his full powers. You don't get to just shrug that off.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

He gets a lecture, is about to be demoted when Natsuko discovers that the leader of the Strike Team, who Karite stood down went on the mission anyways.

Then he gets a warning, and she goes and rips into Akio, for, y'know disobeying direct orders from a superior.
    Hmmm... nope. Natsuko isn't getting diverted like that. Her response to him pointing it out would be to rip into him for trying to shift blame, and probably lead to even harsher measures.

If you don't want Karite demoted, he's getting a warning that another stunt like that will cause a demotion.

And, yes. What KD said.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-05 at 01:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

He ought to at least be put on unpaid leave or something. "A warning" doesn't seem sufficient to cover what happened. I can understand not demoting him immediately; Natsuko strikes me as a "second chance" type of person. But if for no other reason than to show her subordinates you can't ignore rules like that, some measure of punishment makes sense.

I'm not trying to dictate things, mind you. Just giving my thoughts.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Von Geister is back to looking to the fight bellow, that until Genoveva speaks her line, which prompts him to answer.

"I told you last time Genevieve, there is a strict no-yaoi policy in my presence."
    Can't... breathe... XD

{{Reading some of what I missed.}}

----

And yeah, probably something more than just a warning. Your suggestion of suspension without pay sounds pretty good to me.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-05 at 02:04 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Barbarian in the Playground

When was this? Akio was the senior on the mission until Karite showed up, and Akio specifically did send for backup, he sent someone to find Karite.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #576
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    And yeah, probably something more than just a warning. Your suggestion of suspension without pay sounds pretty good to me.
    "I get paid? Really?

WHY DOES NOBODY TELL ME ANYTHING!?!??
    "

But yeah, suspension is good.

And then he goes Hollow, and Prison is better.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

All right, then. That'll have to wait for the fight to finish, though.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    When was this? Akio was the senior on the mission until Karite showed up, and Akio specifically did send for backup, he sent someone to find Karite.
    I thought Akio and Karite both responded to the call for backup. Akio just happened to be the "mission control guy".

That neither of them thought to have more people than just the two of them show up is almost criminal negligence. Putting aside "strength in numbers" doctrine, if nothing else, the extra, fresh troops would have made pulling the wounded and exhausted people out much, much easier.

Instead, the only two people to respond were the 2nd and 3rd highest officers, and both almost immediately engaged their targets.

Frankly, they both deserve lectures so strong their skin peels, and some form of punishment.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

...yeah, backup means a Strike Team. They're both going to cop it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #580

...yeah, backup means a Strike Team. They're both going to cop it.
    I thought it went Strike Team<VC<Captain.

So Karite standing down the Strike Leader means he's upping the threat level, he brought fresh troops (But they were NPCs.).

I never really got when Akio showed up, I just rolled with it.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope. He shows up, and they then support him.

Unless they're injured.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-05 at 02:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #582

Well Karite did all but beat the injured members over the head to make them leave.

He said several times "All unseated officers fall back," (Or something to liking.), and then everyone ignored it, so I was forced to conclude that Karite had to attack.

It was really confusing.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

...wait. Can someone get me a complete 'who did what' chain of events?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I never saw any indication of NPCs getting involved, only Karite and Akio.

Karite showed up, stood to one side, said "Unseated, run along now" while they were fighting for their lives against Auset and her bandages, and he then refused, for quite a while, to engage Auset to any degree in combat. He taunted her and kept saying "why don't we go elsewhere", but she ignored that.

It took forever before he entered combat, released, anything. He could have at least bloody well tried to run better interference.

Akio, while not necessarily bringing any relief troops, did at least immediately enter fighting, this time with Elder.

So Karite messed up on a couple of levels, Akio simply didn't bring more backup. Unless I missed it, along with Frozen and others missing it.

Edit: The Episode 3 thread is only at 9 pages. Shouldn't be that long of a read.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-05 at 02:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Orc in the Playground

Hm. When it comes to the military, unpaid leave is a standard. But we have to consider that seems awful small for the degree of negligence that occurred.

Demotion, however, is considerably harsh. And it's not like people with Bankai come out of the woodwork.

Being remanded to home imprisonment along with the unpaid leave strikes me as suitable punishment. They're not sending him over to the Maggot's Nest, but they ARE giving him more than a slap on the wrist.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Hm. When it comes to the military, unpaid leave is a standard. But we have to consider that seems awful small for the degree of negligence that occurred.

Demotion, however, is considerably harsh. And it's not like people with Bankai come out of the woodwork.

Being remanded to home imprisonment along with the unpaid leave strikes me as suitable punishment. They're not sending him over to the Maggot's Nest, but they ARE giving him more than a slap on the wrist.
    Not to me. He didn't do anything technically illegal...

just extraordinarily stupid.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-05 at 05:20 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #587

And there's a reason for that.

For Karite to be Hollowified, after he's done pretty damn well against Auset, he has to grab the Idiot Ball. The Idiot Ball lets Auset bind Karite, meaning that the instant he leaves Bankai, most of his reiatsu will be gone, allowing our Hollowification plot to happen after he returns to Soul Society.

For the record, eight words in this post are considered "Misspellings" by Google Chrome.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Pixie in the Playground

thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have Shikai and Bankai for this character, i only havent posted it on that wiki due to the RP community i am in (we dont tell powers until they are revealed to a majority of the group in a plot). Regardless, the Shikai and Bankai will be adapted a bit anyways for this RP community. I will also power him down form his Royal Guard/Cpt Commander power level. To be honest, i always liked playing him more when he was only Cpt level.

As for the Shikai and Bankai powers, the powers wouldnt have to be "known" to the RP world right? Just posted so they can be allowed or not? This character is not much of a fighting for fighting sake kind of guy, just drawing his sword would be a big deal let alone Shikai or Bankai. I like to think of him as a man who uses everything in his arsenal as a useful tool, not just his powers, but his clothes, movements, etc. And when he speaks not just what he says..but what he doesnt say.

Which Cpt spot is open? I want to know so I can adapt and describe his background powers and personality to fit it better? I noticed that the wiki doesnt have all the information for all the divisions on it, is there an updated list? If not, i am more than excited to work out all the specificities for a division's history and duties (it is probably my favorite thing to do).

Sorry for more block text, i am still trying to figure this new place out.

I am going to start adapting that character now and as soon as i get a few answers to what i asked about the divisions and open spots i will post him here for you to judge.

Thanks again for your time

Aaron

Welcome to BleachitP Reborn! Now, let's take a look at the link-

O.O

Wall of text...

Ahem. Right.

Two comments for now:

There's one Captain spot that is (technically) open, but I'm not sure what exactly the deal on it is.

Second, we need the Shikai and Bankai detailed beforehand, here. So, when you write the actual profile up, keep that in mind.

That said, welcome.

19. - Top - End - #589

Technically speaking, the Sixth Division is presently without a Captain.

That said, this absence is primarily for plot reasons, and one of my characters will eventually be assuming the role if things go as I had planned. I would prefer that things remain as they are, but I'm willing to discuss this.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To the point that it risked lives.

And there's a reason for that.

For Karite to be Hollowified, after he's done pretty damn well against Auset, he has to grab the Idiot Ball. The Idiot Ball lets Auset bind Karite, meaning that the instant he leaves Bankai, most of his reiatsu will be gone, allowing our Hollowification plot to happen after he returns to Soul Society.

For the record, eight words in this post are considered "Misspellings" by Google Chrome.
    It's over and done, but I have to say, requiring the Idiot Ball to execute your plot seems...Well, it strikes me that maybe you should have done a different plot. Or at least not given him an Idiot Ball the size of a battleship.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Halfling in the Playground

However, the 5th, 7th, and 9th divisions are all without vice captains. Perhaps that would work for you?

In other matters, welcome to BleachITP Reborn!
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-05 at 09:55 AM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks so much!

I was really hoping to make him a Cpt...but perhaps if he is not deemed worthy enough for that, a Vice position may work.

I have been looking in the registry and cant find any specifics about the 9th Division, 3rd Division, or 6th Division. Can someone help me out with a link?

aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    However, the 5th, 7th, and 9th divisions are all without vice captains. Perhaps that would work for you?

In other matters, welcome to BleachITP Reborn!

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Third Division is described inside of Sakura's character entry.

The other two...well, that's something they players have to post for us. I can't seem to find anything myself.

And keep in mind that him not being a Captain right away has nothing to do with "being worthy", and everything to do with us not wanting to suddenly throw out a character and Division description. Even characters that never really got much screen time were left as NPCs at game start, so that we didn't have huge gaps in our Captains list.

So it's much more a case of, for the moment, placing him where there's an opening, and you feel your character might fit. Then, if the situation warrants it, you can look towards working IC and OOC to gain that position.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

It's over and done, but I have to say, requiring the Idiot Ball to execute your plot seems...Well, it strikes me that maybe you should have done a different plot. Or at least not given him an Idiot Ball the size of a battleship.
    The plot didn't require the Idiot Ball at it's inception, that's just how things turned out by the end of it. Also, I find people's avoidance of the idiot ball kinda baffling...or the situations they'll apply it to, but that's neither here nor there.

To Goto: Welcome! Couple of first impressions based off what I read on that wiki and your own posts here...

-The 'type where when he draws his sword its significant because...' phrase sends up alarm bells with me based on that wiki notes him as being able to handle an Espada's attacks without having to unsheath his sword or even use shikai. It's all well and good to have it be special whenever he draws his sword, but having the capability of holding off an Espada without even releasing is a bit much. The Espada and Captains are supposed to be roughly equivalent to one another in terms of strength, so unless your character focuses entirely on Hakuda/Kido then it'd be wise to assume they'd need to release in order to fight one proficiently. In other words (as you said ) needs to be toned down a bit.

-There's not much we can really do until we see what the character is going to look like for THIS role-play. So while the past version is interesting to see/read, it doesn't help us much for giving you advice on your character.

-Captains are decided by vote by the Central 46 members (KD, myself, Prime 32, Sucrose, and Frozen), because the positions require a lot of responsibility so they can't be passed out on 'first dibs' basis. So write him up, we'll take a look and let you know. If he gets in the spot then Kudos! If he doesn't, then all it really takes is saying some of his abilities aren't achieved yet and putting him as a Vice Captain somewhere.

Those are the most helpful tips I can give without seeing the character for THIS game. Welcome!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

This. In a military context, it's the equivalent of reckless endangerment, a felony that DOES end up in jailtime. Considering the military environment, and the fact they're technically at war, the period of imprisonment would likely be reduced - but that doesn't prevent him from being imprisoned.

Also, it's home imprisonment. More of a degree above a slap on the wrist than a real punishment. In the real world, people could potentially be court-martialed for less.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Barbarian in the Playground

Completely off topic, but would anyone be able to do some art of Arata? OOTS-Style is optional, I don't intend to use it as an avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    The plot didn't require the Idiot Ball at it's inception, that's just how things turned out by the end of it. Also, I find people's avoidance of the idiot ball kinda baffling...or the situations they'll apply it to, but that's neither here nor there.
    Terry said it "required" it, not me.

As for avoiding the Idiot Ball...Why wouldn't we try to avoid having to induce artificial levels of stupidity and incompetence to achieve plot? Why can't we achieve plot via more reasonable outcomes of one person overcoming another, out-maneuvering another, and so on? I don't get why Plot "requires" that you forcibly lower your character's IQ by 50 or more points. I'd rather not have my character suddenly display radically less intelligence, thank you.

28. - Top - End - #598

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Thanks so much!

I was really hoping to make him a Cpt...but perhaps if he is not deemed worthy enough for that, a Vice position may work.

I have been looking in the registry and cant find any specifics about the 9th Division, 3rd Division, or 6th Division. Can someone help me out with a link?

aaron
    Sixth Division.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

As for avoiding the Idiot Ball...Why wouldn't we try to avoid having to induce artificial levels of stupidity and incompetence to achieve plot? Why can't we achieve plot via more reasonable outcomes of one person overcoming another, out-maneuvering another, and so on? I don't get why Plot "requires" that you forcibly lower your character's IQ by 50 or more points. I'd rather not have my character suddenly display radically less intelligence, thank you.
    Because no character is perfect? They make mistakes, poor judgment calls, bad decisions, etc. because they are meant to be realistic portrayals of a personality? And that's why the application of the Idiot Ball seems so baffling to me, a character (this is in general mind you) can make a mistake, poor judgment, etc and be branded as holding the Idiot Ball because...they are human? They do stuff like that?

Heaven knows I'd never want to play a character that always achieves plot by those 'more reasonable' outcomes, cause they aren't always possible without meta-gaming or leaps of faith. I'd rather a character do something stupid then do something they obviously wouldn't be able to given their capacity. YMMV I suppose.

Like I said, it's neither here nor there. Karite did make mistakes, some of which DO strain the definition of 'human error', that everyone (even Terry!) agrees on.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There's a difference between "imperfect character" and Idiot Ball.

Specifically, I want to avoid this: "The person carrying the idiot ball is often acting out of character, or misunderstanding something that could be cleared up by a single reasonable question that he isn't asking solely because the writers don't want him to ask. It's almost as if the character is being willfully stupid or obtuse. Unsurprisingly, this provokes a What An Idiot response from the audience." Bolded the really relevant stuff.

In my mind, the Idiot Ball is when someone messes up in a way that's just baffling for them, when one looks at their experience, skills, and known policies (where applicable).

Not saying people can't make bad decisions, but that we shouldn't rely on decisions so bad they strain belief.