New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

"I don't really think it's the same, to be honest. This child's got a lot of expectations on her shoulders pretty much from day one. And I don't think we'll ever get to see Natsuko-taichou and Taiki-taichou again so soon. Besides, I can't buy gifts for every kid in the 4th's maternity ward now, can I?" Soushi chuckled, then sighed for a moment. "But I still greatly appreciate your support, Saiyuri-san."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki Takahashi - Natsuko's Room, 4th Division

Taiki nods at the notion of a "gift rush" and sighs. "I don't know about you, Natsuko, but I would appreciate just a bit of quiet for a month or two." His sigh is a joyous one, though. "As much as I appreciate gift-giving."

Taiki smiles. "You just never know. Eh, Hikari?" He walks over and puts a finger lightly on her nose. "Thanks anyways, Masaru. Any amount of effort is appreciated. Besides, braving your family to get us gifts? What bravery!" He chuckles a bit. "I don't think I could be luckier."
    Masaru - Natsuko's Room, 4th Division

I'm sure you'll have plenty of peace and quiet. Well, as much as you can with a kid. You'll probably get a string of well-wishers for the next couple of days, and then things will settle unless and until Natsuko organizes some sort of women's get-together. If she does, feel free to make a strategic retreat to my offices, just in case."

He leans forward, smiling at the baby, before looking at both parents.

"It wasn't that bad. I'm pretty used to them bugging me about it. I'm just glad Osamu hasn't gotten it into his head to bug me about it, citing tradition or something.

Do you...could I perhaps hold her, for just a minute?
    "

His face is hopeful, but his tone suggests he's fine if they say "no".
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #723
    Halfling in the Playground

(wherever the Hayashis are currently)

There is a knock on the door. Can I come in? Yuuki asks. Since there were already others in the room, he let himself in. Hey. He says, smiling and waving. He holds up a bag for Taiki to take. I brought these for the new addition to the family...congratulations, you two. Taiki will find that the bag is stuffed full of cuddly toys for the baby.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arata walks out of the 3rd division HQ slightly more intimidating-looking than before, and instead uses his Hell Butterfly to contact his captain, Yuuki Mayagawa, requesting that he meet him at the entrance to the 2nd Division barracks and nothing more-which the message assures will be explained once the two can talk face to face.

(Yes, it does come at a bad time. Important stuff, however.)
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-11-26 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles at Masaru. "Yes, you can. She's sleeping at the moment..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru looks over as Yuuki enters, ruefully shaking his head.

"Subtle as always, Yuuki."

He turned back to little Hikari and her mother. Gently, carefully, he reached over and picked up the child, giving both mother and daughter a soft smile.

"I promise not to wake her. Hrm. Such a little thing. One day, she'll be a strong Shinigami, I wager. And one with a solid moral bedrock. I'd expect nothing less from two such fine parents."

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the way to Hayashi household]

"All nobles are under great expections since they are born. I fail to see how that is relevant. It matters not where child are born or to whom, or what might be expected from them - what's important is who they grow up to be. And it's still decades early to say anything about that." Soushi might notice Sayuri has called forth a small hell moth; it's now sitting on her open palm.

"Anything specific you'd like me to tell to the lucky parents?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #728

Yuuki grins. Subtle, that's me. He says sarcastically. He then receieves Arata's hell butterfly-and dies a little bit inside. But...she's so cute, why do I have to leave? Yes, the assassin has a soft spot for children. This had better be important, otherwise I'll be a little more than annoyed. He tells to the hell butterfly, sending it right back at Arata. Well, I hate to leave, but I've got business that needs attending to. I'll see you guys later. He waves, leaves the room, and flash steps away back to HQ. He appears in front of Arata with his arms crossed. You wanted to talk to me about something, Arata-kun?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

At impromptu baby-shower like event

"Er..." The voice comes from behind the hell butterfly that had just come in, more specifically, from a messenger from the 5th Division carrying a medium-sized package in front of him. And a smaller letter. With nary a word to the various captains and officers, and sweating bullets heavier then Soushi could, he hands the package to Taiki with a shaky bow.

"From Osamu-taichou. He said it was of the utmost urgency."

The letter is held out to Masaru before the messenger practically flees from the meeting as if his life depended upon it. With a parting comment to the same captain over his shoulder.

"Also from Osamu-taichou!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #730

"Indeed, Mayagawa-sama. I do apologise for interrupting you, I promise once we finish this we'll visit her together."
    Arata begins walking towards the bridge leading to the Nest of Maggots, talking as he goes.
    "You and I are both aware of the importance of this facility, the festering hole responsible for containing Seteirei's worst."
    Arata continues to talk to Mayagawa as they hand over their Zanpakuto and pass through the doors, right up to a small corridor leading off the main hall.
    "It stands as a bastion of Gotei 13's power-and potential for darkness- inescapable and inpenetratable to all-at least, until a few hours ago."
    He leads Mayagawa around a bend in the corridor, leading to a dead end surrounded by the Soul Society equivalent of Police tape (assuming there is such a thing) and inspected by several unseated shinigami.
    "No less than 19 prisoners were last spotted here, 14 of them confirmed to be mentally unstable and 2 scheduled for execution. They vanished, and we've been trying to find out how for about four hours now. Now, I believe I offer you an explanation. One of our most likely theories is that we have a mole in Gotei 13, therefore the risk of my message being intercepted was too great to put any sensitive information in. We don't yet know how they escaped, but the point is 19 convicted criminals are out there in the Mortal World or somewhere else entirely, every single one of them poses a risk to both us and the humans. And what's to stop other prisoners escaping however way they did? We have work to do, Mayagawa-sama."

(Yes, I am assuming that Yuuki followed Arata whilst he was walking, and I probably did misspell Seteirei and Zanpakuto.)
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-11-26 at 04:10 PM.
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

11. - Top - End - #731

Yuuki listens, but it can be noted that there's a hint of a catlike snarl coming deep within his throat. Arata-kun. He said, coldly. I understand what you're getting at, but do not make the mistake of speaking to me in such an authoritative tone. I am fully aware of the situation here. He paused, allowing himself to calm down before continuing. The Maggot's Nest is under Taiki-san's control, not ours, and considering he's just had his daughter, it'd be inappropriate to let him know right now. And if there is the possibility of a traitor among us, I assure you that the security unit will find them. Does that solve your problem? He asks pleasantly.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [On the way to Hayashi household]

"All nobles are under great expections since they are born. I fail to see how that is relevant. It matters not where child are born or to whom, or what might be expected from them - what's important is who they grow up to be. And it's still decades early to say anything about that." Soushi might notice Sayuri has called forth a small hell moth; it's now sitting on her open palm.

"Anything specific you'd like me to tell to the lucky parents?"
    "You mean you won't come with me to the Hayashi household? Please, Saiyuri-san...! I'd consider it a personal favor if you did." At this point, he reaches for Saiyuri's other hand. There's a slight tone of desperation to his voice.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #733
    Pixie in the Playground

The impromptu baby shower

Seiko walked towards the 4th division room where Natsuko and Taike were, clutching a small gift of toys for the new baby. They were small things, just some noisy little baubles with a toy for teething infants thrown in for good measure. Seiko had honestly no idea what would be appropriate for a child that age, so he had gone for something safe. He had considered giving the child a shinai, but that might have been seen as a bit premature.

Reaching the door, Seiko saw that he was not the first person with this idea. Peeking inside through the slightly ajar door, Seiko saw that Masaru was already inside. Deciding not to bother them, he propped himself up against the wall next to the door and waited, making a conscious effort to avoid eavesdropping.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-11-27 at 03:23 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

14. - Top - End - #734

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yuuki listens, but it can be noted that there's a hint of a catlike snarl coming deep within his throat. Arata-kun. He said, coldly. I understand what you're getting at, but do not make the mistake of speaking to me in such an authoritative tone. I am fully aware of the situation here. He paused, allowing himself to calm down before continuing. The Maggot's Nest is under Taiki-san's control, not ours, and considering he's just had his daughter, it'd be inappropriate to let him know right now. And if there is the possibility of a traitor among us, I assure you that the security unit will find them. Does that solve your problem? He asks pleasantly.
    "Yes, Mayagawa-sama. I understand. In the meantime, I did promise you we would visit this child, didn't I? Just allow me a few minutes to find a suitable gift, and I will meet you there."
    His face becomes much less serious-looking, but still slightly worried. He walks out of the Maggot's Nest, collects the Hayai Ryoute, nods to Yuuki and flash-steps away, looking for something for the baby shower.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Natsuko's Room, 4th Division

(They're not at the Hayashi household. They're in a 4th Division room. Natsuko hasn't been moved yet. Just so people are aware.)

When Yuuta enters, Taiki smiles. "Hello, Yuuta! Good to see you." He offers a hug as thanks for arriving, taking the bag of toys and examining a few. After looking it over, Taiki places it next to Masaru's. "Thank you, Yuuta. I'm sure she'll love them." On Yuuta's exit, Taiki waves. "You'll have to come back and visit!"

The 5th Division messenger's appearance makes Taiki sigh. "Just as I thought it might get quieter...Must you do this now, Osamu?" He takes the package and opens it in the room, not wanting to wait until later. "This better be damn important."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-11-27 at 02:16 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

Taiki

Inside of the box is a large, ornate bottle of sake that bears the stamp of Osamu's household across the front of the bottle, though it's firmly stoppered shut. Also within the box is a large seed wrapped in wet cloth and a small letter.

Taiki,

It is a mostly dead tradition to bury a bottle of sake beneath a freshly planted cherry blossom tree until the girl marries. Allowing it to age along with the daughter so to speak. Thus it is imperative that you plant the seed and bury the bottle now.

-Osamu

P.S If it's a boy then I suppose you could just drink it yourself.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki proceeds to place his head into his hand once more. "Oh, Osamu...I suppose I must. I'll be back in a moment, Natsuko. Please keep her company, Masaru? It will be very fast." Once he gets a response, Taiki smiles and then quickly slides through the doorway. A soft whistling outside indicates his shunpo.

Almost exactly two minutes later, Taiki has returned, walking through the door. He places the package next to the gifts of the others, then dusts his hands off into it. "Apparently, it's tradition to bury a bottle of sake beneath a cherry blossom tree upon birth of a girl. And who am I to break tradition, especially one that results in more cherry blossoms?" He smiles at Natsuko, then at baby Hikari. "Wasn't much work, considering I knew exactly where to go to plant it."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-11-27 at 02:45 AM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko chuckles. "Oh, I forgot that one. There's also a Hayashi family tradition, but we can do that one when we take her home..."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko chuckles. "Oh, I forgot that one. There's also a Hayashi family tradition, but we can do that one when we take her home..."
    "As long as I don't have to dig another hole." Taiki grins and gives Natsuko a peck on the cheek.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko chuckles. "Nope. I'm the one doing the digging for this one."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Orc in the Playground

[4th Division]

An arm snakes its way around Taiki's shoulder, appearing to belong to the Commander General. He's got a big grin on his face. "Now, now, no going home for the new father until after he celebrates the occasion. I just couldn't stand for such a thing! Isn't that right, Masaru?" He looks to his drinking buddy with a devious glint in his eyes.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru rolls his eyes at Ryouichi.

"You, ignore a chance to go out drinking and having a good time?

I'd sooner expect the King of Hueco Mundo to appear at our gates, wearing a pink dress, suing for peace, and offering all his kin up to our blades to be purified.
    "

There's an amused smirk on his face even as he "scolds" the Commander-General. He's still gently holding the baby, swaying a bit to simulate a rocking chair or something similar. He seems oddly experienced with such things.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

[Improptu Baby Shower]

Clanking sounds echo down the hallway to Natsuko's room, and shortly Emet appears in the doorway.

"Captains Takahashi and Hayashi. This being heard that Captain Hayashi's reproductive cycle had come to a successful conclusion. This being has concluded, based on observational evidence, that this being should provide congratulations to Captains Takahashi and Hayashi in response to this. Observation also lead this being to conclude that useful gifts should be provided. A such, this being has brought this."

Emet presents a rough pine box, filled inside with toy building blocks.

"This being has crafted these blocks out of spare seki-seki. In addition to providing possible amusement, they can double as an emergency shelter against reiryoku based attacks if in a suitable construction at the time."

The captain places the box somewhere out of the way, before bowing and returning to the doorway.

"This being does not fully understand the process revolving around an event such as this. As such, this being will leave before making a mistake. Or tripping and falling on the offspring of Captains Takahashi and Hayashi."

24. - Top - End - #744
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [9th Division HQ]

Shou's ears flicked incessantly as the coyote cocked his head, tail still. "Promotion, Goto-fukutaichou? Me? I didn't realize I was being considered." He bowed to Sigint, eyes twinkling slightly. "I would be honored to duel you, Kageen-sama. I ask only that you take it easy on a poor reconnaisance man like myself."

[9th Division Barracks] (front porch)

Hirokatsu nodded slightly to Shou as he responded...then the same to Sigint after hearing both of their confirmations of desiring the friendly spar.

He slightly nodded and bowed slightly to Sigint as he affirmed his interest and the Hirokatsu said softly and respectfully... "You do the 9th Division, myself, and Akiyama-san a great service by assisting in this small test."

Then turning to Shou, Hirokatsu opened his eyes to give the full effect, he said softly "Akiyama-san...remember, evaluation is not something that ever begins or ends...the whole of our actions are a means to examine our true character...do not forget this....

Then tapping his umbrella a bit he looked to them both as if he was trying to determine the best way to conduct the spar...his eyes closed as a brief breeze entered the courtyard and up to the porch, his tapping stopped as he stood for a moment embracing the breeze and finishing his thoughts.

His eyes opened and he stepped forward off the edge of the porch and at the same time he opened his recognizable umbrella over his head as he dropped down lightly onto the courtyard grass only a few feet below. Hirokatsu, his face and body covered in the shadow of his umbrella, stepped out slowly into the center of the courtyard in front of the 9th Division barracks, the evening light beginning to recede slightly over the barracks behind him, the lone cherry blossom tree in full bloom as it swayed in the breeze in front of him near the entrance to the courtyard from the walkways connecting the buildings of the Seretei.

All in all the courtyard was rather large with high walls surrounding it and the cherry blossom tree. It spanned 50 yards or so wide in front of and about 20 yards or so from its entrance and the tree to the barracks porch. Hirokatsu stood in the center of the courtyard as he turned back to the pair of Shinigami still on the porch. He tilted his umbrella up a it to show his slowly opening eyes to them, welcoming them to join him.

After they would join him he would then explain the conditions of the spar to them. He spoke softly and succinctly, as if he did not desire to repeat himself nor justify his decisions.

Switching between each of them, he would look to both of them as he spoke.
    "...first off, the spar will be conducted within the confines of this courtyard, and no damage to the area will be acceptable in any way...and any such damage sustained to it will be BOTH of yours to correct personally... and the same goes for any harm to befall on either of you...

Having said that, the spar will be until one of you submits to the other, or I instruct it to end for whatever reason i choose.... the spar will also be limited to using your zanpaktuo in its unreleased form as well as only using Kido spells up to level 20...

Hirokatsu would then pause for a few moments as he looked to both of them. "I hope you don't have any questions..." after another brief moment he continued "....the spar will commence on my signal..."

Hirokatsu then would turn away from them and move slowly over towards the barracks porch stopping in front of it turning to look at them both once more before giving his signal.

After he paused for a few moments to watch as they readied themselves, he waited and as he saw them set...his voice boomed out loudly to the courtyard...something of a rarity from the rather humble and soft spoken Vice Captain Goto... BEGIN!!!!!

As the sound of his voice came to an end he would bring his umbrella down to shade his eyes once again, occluding his eyes from either of the combatants.

Also, if anyone would notice, a small gathering of 9th Division members of various seats and ranks would be seen in the windows of the 9th Division barracks looking out onto the spar. None dared come out on the porch, but this was rarity for their courtyard and their interest was indeed piqued.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Natsuko's Room, 4th Division (Baby Shower)

Taiki sighs when Ryouichi finds his way in. "I suppose? I sort of have...other pressing matters, Ryouichi. Perhaps we'll find some time to have a drink? Sorry to burst your bubble." He smiles, but clearly seems to be concerned with other things.

When Emet appears, Taiki seems surprised, but not at all lacking in happiness. He shifts a bit to turn both himself and Ryouichi around to face him. "Good to see you, Emet! Thank you for coming." As he receives the box, he adds, "And thank you for your gift." When he receives the explanation, however, Taiki seems slightly concerned. "Seki-seki doesn't have any bad long-term effects, does it?" His face quickly changes back to happiness, though. "Thank you for the gift, Emet. I'm sure Hikari will get tons of enjoyment out of it." He holds out a hand as if expecting a handshake.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

"This being knows of no long-term effects from seki-seki exposure. Perhaps this would bear investigation. This being will make a mental note for later."

Emet appears to freeze for a moment, before twitching back into action a Taiki offers his fellow captain his hand. The machine captain clanks back over to Taiki, speaking as he does so whilst casting what might be nervous glances towards the baby.

"Social convention dictates that this being take your hand and shake it in response to your presenting it in such a manner. This being will comply."

Yet another glance to the baby.

Captains Takahashi and Hayashi, this being cannot help but note that your offspring is much smaller than yourselves. Did you manufacture it that way intentionally? If so, this being believes it possesses several design flaws in regards to efficiency. Though of course this being understands if you desired something that adhered to 'chibi' aesthetics."

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko chuckles. "She's only just been born, Emet. She'll grow a lot over the next few years."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru looked up from the baby with a smile.

"Children aren't "manufactured", Emet. They grow inside a special part of the mother's body until their own body is strong enough to survive without outside support. Then, they take their time gradually growing up into an adult body. It may not be quite as "efficient" as manufacturing them, but it does give a surprising degree of flexibility, as well as allowing them to gradually adapt to the changes in their body, rather than putting a newborn consciousness into an adult's body."

He shifts slightly uncomfortably.

"I think we can arrange for you to acquire educational literature to further explain the whole of the process, as well as some of the sociological factors surrounding it."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi pouts a bit, but shakes it off after a moment, giving Taiki a celebratory pat on the back. "Well, congratulations anyway, Taiki-san, Natsuko-san. I'm sure you'll raise her well. Hopefully we'll create a world free of the shadow of war for her." With that, he digs something out of his Haori.

"...I figured babies like soft things like this, right?" He laughs nervously.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

"Education may be of use. This being is currently attempting to process this information without knowledge of variables. Halting those processes to avoid overheat and mental degradation. Also, this being would like to avoid faux pas if possible. This being's knowledge of social convention is still at a level where avoiding that is not 100% guaranteed."