New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "No you aren't", Michiko states coldly. She twists her neck even more, as much as her armor allows, to glare at Heihachi. "Heihachi!", she shouts. "Yes, taichou", comes a rapid reply. "Why didn't you chain him into his bed to make sure he stays put?" Heihachi opens his mouth to say something, the decides it's better if he just keeps it shut. Michiko snorts, and turns back to regard Seiko.

"I need an exorcist more than another excess blade", she says. "Right now, I don't need you as a warrior - I need you as a Vice-Captain. Someone who'll look over the Division when I'm stuck here. You won't be doing that as a standing carcass." She looks up, past Seiko, at the empty sky behind him. "I see that there still isn't a barrier in place. Instruct the squad you brought with you to make it."

Then she turns back at Karite. One spiritual hand shifts under the shackles and worms upwards as much as it can - enough to slap Karite across his face a few times. "What do you think you're doing?", she asks. "I can feel your Reiatsu changing. Didn't you hear me, Mitsukai? Fight it! You're a Shinigami - if its a Hollow, purify it!"
    Seiko turns and orders the few 4th division members still standing around to get to work on the barrier. They do, and he turns back to Michiko.

He understands her reasoning, but middle management was never Seiko's forte; he'll be more useful to her here then back in the barracks, he's sure of it. "Michiko-taichou, I'm not in any danger of dying; the 4th saw to that. If you want me to head back to the headquarters, I will. But we both know that I'm of more use to you here."

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    As the guns hit, hers shatters into shards of plastic. A frown comes to her face as Yoshi speaks, and it seems her eyes are getting wet. But before he starts firing she snaps out of it.
    Suzume begins moving as he fires at her, dodging and weaving between the shots and moving toward Shishimaru slowly but surely.

As she reaches him she throws a powerful kick to his chest, hoping to knock him out of the battlefield. After this she moves to attack Yoshi directly, taking a few hits in her attempt to become closer to him. When she finally reaches him she throws her shoulder to hit her with the full force of her speed and admittedly small body.

Suzume barely notices the wind as she attacks Yoshi, but she does indeed know what happened. The ramifications of being struck however are not known.
    Shishimaru sees the kick coming, but only just before it connects. He reels back from the attack, landing on his back and losing the chant completely. He had only just gotten to the "Rondanini" part of the chant, too.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Yoshi opened fire, a katana, two broadswords, and a spear appeared from thin air to scream towards Suzume from behind. At the same moment, Magatsu appeared in a swirl of dust near Shishimaru, his remaining four blades hovering around him as he glares at Suzume.

"You just attacked my Division, b**ch. Let's dance. Hado 10: Suigyokushou."

A circle of green light flared beneath Suzume as the Hado began to explode upwards. Though unchanted, the kido still carried a nasty amount of power thanks to Magatsu's focus on Hado above other paths. Who needs utility magic when you have blasting?
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-26 at 02:28 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

[10th Division Watchhouse]

The pale warden snorts. "If it was just me, you'd be at the execution ground waiting for your time right now", he remarks deadpanly. "Fortunately for you, we have protocols. Part of them dictate that you will not be moved to prison proper until it's clear what charges will be leveled against you." The warden regards Akio coldly as he lays on the bed. "Believe me, Yama-san, you can forget all hope of your situation becoming any more comfortable. It won't." When it's clear Akio's no longer listening to him and isn't going to reply, the warden leaves him to his own devices.

---

[3rd Division grounds]

Nasumi is just about to get up, when Yoshi shoots his Sakkaho, and she instictively jumps back to the ground. She manages to scramble back up just as Magatsu makes his grand entrance. "Aieee! Careful with the Kido!", she cries, the brown cloud returning to her to join a serpentine torrent flowing around her. "You aren't supposed to wreck half the Division!"

Indeed, it's good to remember the various combatants are still with 3rd Division yards, which means that all those missed Kidos and gunshots don't just wanish in thin air - they scorch and chip the ground and the walls. And I'm going to have to fix it all!

Ironically enough, Suzume carries the least responsibility for the damage - it's all been due to her trigger-happy captors.

"STOP IT!"
    , Nasumi screeches from the top of her lungs, face red from anger, a crushing weight suddenly pressing down everyone in her vicinity. Loose ground and rubble made by the battle is kicked up and blown about in billowing clouds of dust. The multi-coloured torrent forms to the shape of a hissing serpent, glaring disapprovingly at Magatsu and Yoshi.

---

[Battleground, Rukon 38]

Michiko listens to Seiko's explanation, then glances around. Around them, a cube of golden light slowly shimmers into existence, sealing a 300' by 300' by 300' are within it. At the middle of it, the 11th Captain sits, holding a single officer anchored to place by half dozen Bakudo. Around her, Heihachi, Kurosaki and Ryuuma stand, looking at Seiko - they all look much better for the wear than him. Not that there's much for them to do either than wait - all had flunked at Bakudo even back at the Academy, and the few herbal healing methods they might know would not be enough to treat either of their superiors. However, Seiko is hardly more useful than them in that regard.

A slight breeze causes a small cloud of dust float over the area. Seconds pass. It's obvious the situation will be in a standstill for a while.

Michiko turns to glare at Seiko, again. "How?", comes the piercing question, like a jab at the hole Genoveva punched through him. It's also wholly rhetoric - Michiko neither needs or wants the answer. She only wants Seiko to know that this is the feeblest excuse she's ever heard of him yet, and they'd be talking about it more later.

Michiko glances at the 4th Divisioners around herself. Few of them are trembling, and they've started to take turns in healing her. Michiko sighs. It's the basic flaw of Qi - it needs harmony, a balance of energies, to heal. Thus, it always started with restoring a subject's Reiatsu first - but what are a few healing spells next to the Reiatsu of a Captain in Bankai? "Just a drop in the ocean...", Michiko mutters to herself, her eyes glazing over for a moment, before she snaps out of it.

"Don't waste your breath on me!", she barks to the medics, and nods towards Seiko. "Heal him instead, before he goes and kills himself!" The medics look hesitant for a moment, but Michiko's murderous glare compels them to obey. They proceed to try and drag Seiko to the sidelines so they can continue fixing him.

Michiko glances at her broken arm - extra energy from the healing spells had partially repaired her armor, but it only serves to hide her actual injuries. Oh well. Seeing that there's little else demanding her attention, she slips back to her trance, seeking out Chiyo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Himura Michiko surveys the pagoda. It's shrunk to the size of a small shrine, with merely one level left - gone are the times when it had reached for the heavens, foreign spirits coming and going as she communed with spirits of her comrades.

Hesitantly, she steps in. The floor boards creak as she steps into the middle of the room, glancing out of the door she came from. From within the pagoda, only grey haze can be seen outside. It's like those foggy days when you can tell your home is ahead, but it feels so distant because you can see neither where you came from or where you are going. It's easy to imagine getting lost in the mist, walking around in circles when you can't see even the most familiar landmarks that could guide you home.

Depressing.

"Where is...?"

"He's gone", comes a voice from the corner. The armored form of Chiyo sits there in lotus position, myriad hands resting in her lap. Her eyes are cast down on the floor.

Michiko takes a deep breath, then sits down on the floor, still gazing into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by 200 years ago
    "I shall use him." She told Hannibal. "You will reunite with him, but not for as long as you are that which endangers us all."
    Two hundred years. In the mortal world, nations had risen and fallen, people had warred, fought and killed each other, and rebuild again from the ashes. Man had learned how to fly, and how to harness the atom, and myriads of other things. It is hardly the same world anymore than it had been back then.

That long she had waited, positive that she would one day make do of her promise, certain that the man she'd made it to was still out there somewhere, alive and waiting. Each time she'd taken his blade to her hands and felt the spirit still within, it had comforted her because it had told her she was right.

Now that blade is gone, and the spirit with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 200 years ago
    "Oh...", he whispers weakly. "Oh. Didn't mean to that, oh no. I'm not angry at you, Himura. You're a great . . . great Vice-Captain. I'm sorry, I just . . ."
    Hannibal had been a brute and an oaf. Every time he'd left out with some of his... with some of her men, leaving her to guard his Division, she'd dreaded how many would return. She'd plotted and schemed to take down that monster, to free her Division from under such shadows of the past.

Still, she had served with him... how long again? Oh, yes. Another two hundred years, through the times when Japan, the land they had guarded, was going through isolation of Edo period. She'd never considered herself close to him... at least, not as close as Osagawa Mio, though to speak the truth, there'd been times when she'd been jealous of her. She'd admonished herself of such thoughts countless of times - why had it mattered to her that the foolish barbarian who was her Captain chose to show more attention to some other woman than his Vice-Captain?

Why had she resented their bond so, and hoped she could share one with him too? Maybe it was because despite all his ignorance, some part of Hannibal had listened to her; respected her. Despite...

Quote Originally Posted by 466 years ago
    "Why's there a woman in my office?", Hannibal Magalhães asked, blinking.
    ... despite all that. Unlike so many of her peers, he'd never acted lewd towards her - he'd never been condescending towards her just because she was a woman. The word had only been a label to him... a way to differentiate from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by 466 years ago
    "That's much better, whatcha call it...? Ah yes, arrangement!", Hannibal said, beaming. "Ye keep Head Chump off m' back, and I get t' bash skulls! Th' Division works, and everyun is happy! Now I get why yer th' Vice-Captain, woman!" He patted her on the shoulder and then lead her behind his desk before she could protest.
    She'd forsworn romance and much of her femininity when she'd been building up her reputation... tried to be "one of the guys", so to speak. Around him, it had never mattered. Maybe it was because he was too simple, too self-centered to pay much attention to others, but he had allowed her to be herself.

That had allowed her to grow... to achieve the level where she could lead the Division. His faults and mistakes, and her resolve to never repeat them again, had shaped her as a Captain.

Now she could never pay him back.

Inside her Inner World, Michiko keeps sitting, arms wrapped around her knees, staring into the encroaching fog.
    No matter how young she might seem to outside world, she knows that inside, she is an old crone. Now, the weight of centuries' worth of guilt and remorse descends on her shoulders, and she feels older than ever before.

Outside in Soul Society, a single tear flows down her cheek under her visor. She seems to look at Karite, but her glazed eyes barely see him. In his place, she sees Hannibal, locked in place, and the brief glimpse of pained confusion she'd seen on his face.

Would they lock up Karite too? Bury him underground, never to see light of day again? Forgotten by all his peers, left to rot until the end of the world?

Would it be more merciful to just put him out of his misery right now?

"Hei-... Heihachi. Please take over", Himura Michiko rasps with a broken voice. "I can't... I can't do this anymore..."

Then she faints and falls to the ground, her Bankai fading from her form, Chiyo returning to just greaves and gauntlets. Her Shihakusho is torn, right side of her body covered in severe burns that have barely began to heal.

Inside the shackles, Karite/Hollow will feel the pressure slacken around him, the myriad arms keeping him in place vanishing. He's hardly free yet, but his bonds are loose now - it would be possible for him to slip from them.

He has to be quick, though, unless he wants Heihachi to sever his neck...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Inner World]

Karite's desperate search for his Hollow, his search for his other, was done. The Shinigami panted as he stared down his Shadow.

"Get out."

The Shadow smiled sadly, thinking of times long gone. Times before it had been trapped, been locked away.

"No. Can't do that."

Karite lunged for it, attempting to stab it with a sword that he couldn't have. A sword that wasn't there a few seconds ago. The shadow's sickly grin widens as it easily blocks Karite's blade, with a darkened version of it. It examines the sword in it's hand.

"Hmmm... Why would you let me have a sword Kari-chan? I'm not part of you... Right?"

Karite's rage grows, and he flies at the Hollow in a fury.

[Battlefield]

As Michiko lets the bonds slip, Karite lets out a howl, a mask slowly covering his face. Karite-no, the Hollow grins wickedly as she whispers her orders.

"Heihachi? Do you really think you can keep me in here? I have four hundred years of experience. I earned my place. And you? You're nothing. A weakling."

It holds out a hand, and a strange sword appears in it. It examines the blade, and shakes it's head.

"Pity. I thought Kari-chan could've thought up a blade more... elegant for his other half. Something that didn't shame him anymore."

The Hollow looks up, and grins.

"But hey, he's a worthless bastard. Now come on Heihachi...

Let's Dance.
    "
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko lets himself be pulled away for some more healing, but as they get to work, he sees Michiko's focus beginning to fail. She had severely overworked herself with the battle against the Arrancar, and now Karite.

Then she collapsed.

Seiko immediately broke away from the 4th divisioners and rushed to his captain, catching her as she fell. "Michiko-taichou?! Are you..." No, she was fine, she had just collapsed. Mental and physical fatigue, it looked like. Which distracted him from Karite's escape, until...

"K...Karite-sama, stand down. You can fight this, I know you can!" There was a hideous sense of power coming from Karite that he hadn't possessed before. But nonetheless, he had been given orders from his captain. It was up to him to end this. And so he rushed at Karite, his sword blurring through the air as he swung his blade toward Karite's throat. Hopefully, he would be disoriented enough by the remains of the Bakudo for Heihachi to catch him off-guard.

Meanwhile, Seiko gently lowered Michiko to the ground, drawing his sword as he did so. "I won't fail you again, Michiko-taichou. Tsuranuke, Maikenoumaru!"
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #1266

The Hollow looks mockingly at Heihachi.

"Karite? I don't think Karite's in right now. But I can leave a message..."

The Hollow thrusts his sword towards Heihachi's chest, attempting to gut him.

"If you like~"

[Inner World]

Karite jumps backwards, wincing in pain. He lifts his hand to his cheek, and wipes away the blood. He strikes at the Hollow, which catches the blade, kicking Karite onto a rock.

"Feh. Worthless, Kari-chan, worthless. You need to try harder if you want to best me."

Karite slices at the Hollow, and hits it. The Hollow grins as the blade passes harmlessly through it.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ettin in the Playground

Heihachi might be nervous, but he's still a trained warrior. He jumps to the side when the Hollow reaches through its shackles, easily staying out of its reach.

"Is that supposed to be your Zanpakuto?"
    , a dry remark comes from the side, moments before a sharp Katana is driven through links of the Sajo Sabaku, aimed at the Hollow's back. "That's the poorest mockery I've ever seen. Whe're you real sword?" It's Ryuuma, seemingly cool and collected despite the situation. To him, Hollow is a Hollow; he'd been there to see Hannibal, but this guy is hardly him.

He's just some random whelp, without a proper sword. He doesn't stand a chance... right?

8. - Top - End - #1268

The Hollow absentmindedly catches the sword in the pseudo-blade's hilt, shrugging as it turns to face Ryuuma.

"Well Shini-chan, I needed a sword to fight you. After all your precious Shinigami honour would be tarnished if I had foregone it!"

It throws back Karite's head and laughs.

"Look, you all seem to forget something..."

The Hollow detatches, vanishing from sight to reappear several feet away.
    A chill fills the air. An unseen, bone-chilling wind begins to rage.

"You cannot hurt me without hurting Karite..."

The Hollow stabs the sword into the ground, and a sharp crack is heard. Those who know Karite knew his powers, his abilities. Karite used to have a problem with control over his sword, he would experience long periods of bone-chilling body heat, ice cold fevers, and then...

There was always a cold snap.

The ground creaks as the ice from the sword slowly spreads, as the Hollow raises its-no, Karite's left arm, the bandaged arm, and spiritual pressure begins to surround it, charging. A faint blue light appears at the end of the Hollow's hand, slowly growing, until it's the size of a basketball. The hollow lifts it's head, the mask temporarily pulling back to reveal a manic grin, and cold, yellow eyes.

"But I can hurt you."

The blast is unleashed, encasing the ground in ice as it rushes towards Ryuuma.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Were Hayashi Goro from a different division, or in a different state of mind, he might be aggravated to have his duel interrupted by support. However, neither sharks nor lawmen have any need for honor.

He turns to the questioning officer with a smile that just doesn't look right on any human's face, least of all his own. However, with a visible struggle, he returns to something slightly resembling his normal demeanor.

"I am...acceptable. Please continue to provide bakudo support. Bakudo 8: Seki."
    A targe forms around his left arm, which he maintains with nary a thought.

"I'm going in."

With that, he smiles again, and begins to rush into the maelstrom of blades that seemingly have a mind greater than the beast they control.

Impressive defenses. Only one visible weak point... I'll just have to hit there, then!

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone!"

Within the confines of Goro's skull, Murderous Shark laughs hysterically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Parasito vs. Lots of People

While Goro finishes his point blank assault, the other members of the battle are not idle. Two of the Tenth Division members note the effectiveness of the Hōrin used by the Second Divisioner use Hainawa on Parasito. Instead of targeting its legs, however, they aim for the bestial hollow's bladed limbs, trying to tangle them together and immobilize them. The third squad member tries to assist them with a fully chanted Sai.

Meanwhile, the Second Divisioner who had used the Shakkaho launches a Soren Byakurai at Parasito, aiming carefully to avoid hitting his allies. The combat specialist, however, takes a different approaches and leaps above Parasito from behind, then tries to surprise it and stab it through the eye.

Parasito vs. Goro and Back-up

The back-up quickly pulls out from more bakudo to further restrain the arrancar, but as the yellow ropes hurtle through the air towards it...the arms move, even as the main body continues to be rimmed by the red glow of the Geki spell. Parasito's bladed fingers whirl through the air like a blender to dice through the bakudo spell. Despite the ineffectiveness of the bakudo, it still accomplished the same goal, that of giving the multi-staged attack a chance to bypass Parasito's lethal blades.

A sudden rush of kido washes over the long saurian body, rocking it to the side as scales sizzle and pop in the destructive wave of energy. Finally the red glow fizzles and begins to disperse as another shinigami leaps up into the air, plunging his zanpakuto into the animalistic creature's eye in a spurt of hissing blood. It tosses it's head, roaring loudly in an act that tosses the offender from it's back even as it's attention turns back to Goro. Blades skitter across the Seki shield in sprays of sparks, buffeting the arm out of the way before eagerly questing for the man's body.

Parasito never got close.

With surprising daring, Goro slams his fist into the dripping, fang-filled mouth and down the startled arrancar's throat. Before it has a chance to really bite down though...the toughened beast bloats suddenly...before bursting at the seams as an explosion rips it's way out of it and scatters the monster's burning blood throughout the area. When the dust clears, the only thing left is the four bladed arms..with the large, fish-like eyes on the back of each arm swiveling wildly from shape to shape...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Rukongai
    Middle Districts

Damara shrinks back from the threads, still pressing at his wound. After a few seconds, the blood flowing from the injury adheres to his Shihakusho, partially blocking the flow. Having temporarily attended to that problem, Damara turns his attention back on his Arrancar adversary. Lifting his left hand back in a throwing pose, he conjures a Hyapporankan rod in his hand without chanting or even speaking. From his crouch, he launches high into the air, then hurls the Bakudo down at Boabone, hoping to trap her.

Forming a platform of Reishi, Damara stands on the air and readies himself. He then releases the platform and dives down, towards the other side of the street. Mid-flight, he points one palm at Boabone, then releases a concentrated blast of Sōkatsui. Spinning, he lands on the rooftop opposite of his starting point. Reaching his hand down to his side, Damara draws his Zanpakuto, then holds it out in front of him.

"Shine. Shiro Hoshi."

In a blinding flash, Damara's Zanpakuto unseals itself, a brilliant glow suffusing the blade. Damara flares his own Reiatsu in response, demonstrating an impressive burst of power. He moves his sword to the side, leaving a bright trail, then slices it across in an arc at Boabone.

"White Wave."

A shining projectile detaches from the blade and launches towards Boabone.
    Boabone vs. Damara

When the good Vice-Captain leaps into the air, Boabone's threads stop dead for a moment then shoot through the air towards him. A couple wrap around his foot with their ridiculous speed, but not nearly enough to actually pull him towards his adversary. Instead, they merely seem to mark his position as he launches the purple rods down at Boabone. The arrancar woman seems wholly unprepared for the bakudo, bashed back and forth by the bakudo spell even as one or two pin her down to the ground.

Right away she begins to strain and tug at her bindings, even as her position means the Sokatsui is pulled directly into the Garganta concealed within her own body.

As Damara releases his sword, Boabone finally frees herself from the ground by yanking the poles away with masses of thread and rises into the air in front of him, a terribly thin finger with the wind tunnel focused directly upon him. It doesn't save her when the crescent shaped attack cuts into the stitched together arrancar, even if the majority of the attack vanishes into the void. Blood drips down into the ground as the arrancar collapses back unto the ground as the garganta hidden within her...closes. In it's absence is nothing more then more and more black threads, all of which look severed in the absence of the portal as if they had lead back through it.

"*Cough* Nnghkk...H-how...? Lady Primera...promised to rescue....usssss...." Boabone whispers hoarsely, even as her body begins to disintegrate...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh no you don't," said a quiet voice behind Karite/Hollow. "Surround, Kurumusuke." Suddenly, what felt like ribbons of steel wrapped around Karite/Hollow's arm as Kurosaki's blade shifted and separated into an urumi. The strands pulled at Karite/Hollow's arm, destroying his concentration and cutting deeply into his arm. "I know that you are Karite-fukutaichou just as you are a Hollow, but at the moment you are a danger to the entire seireitei, and we will stop you. I am sorry, Karite-fukutaichou.

Meanwhile, Seiko crouched over his captain, holding his zanpakutou, appearing to be meditating or something similar. Those particularly adept at sensing reiatsu might notice that a cloud of reiatsu is coalescing around Seiko, strengthening him.
    Star Wars iTP characters

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Parasito vs. Lots of People

Spoiler
    Show
    You've enjoyed yourself enough for today.

WHAT?! But, but master! There's still so much more! Can't you smell the blood pumping around you? It's a filthy sound- we can make it stop!

...That you think I'm so far gone is all the reason I could possibly need. I won't be in a hurry to unsheathe you again.

Goro stands in the middle of the tableau, his psychotic smile turning to rictus, then, slowly, a more customary grimace. Simultaneously, his dagger lengthens back into its normal sealed state. With a brief nod to both his backup from his own division and one to the Second Divisioners, he wearily staggers to the conjoined tentacles, aiming to finish the job that he started...
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

---

[3rd Division grounds]

Nasumi is just about to get up, when Yoshi shoots his Sakkaho, and she instictively jumps back to the ground. She manages to scramble back up just as Magatsu makes his grand entrance. "Aieee! Careful with the Kido!", she cries, the brown cloud returning to her to join a serpentine torrent flowing around her. "You aren't supposed to wreck half the Division!"

Indeed, it's good to remember the various combatants are still with 3rd Division yards, which means that all those missed Kidos and gunshots don't just wanish in thin air - they scorch and chip the ground and the walls. And I'm going to have to fix it all!

Ironically enough, Suzume carries the least responsibility for the damage - it's all been due to her trigger-happy captors.

"STOP IT!"
    , Nasumi screeches from the top of her lungs, face red from anger, a crushing weight suddenly pressing down everyone in her vicinity. Loose ground and rubble made by the battle is kicked up and blown about in billowing clouds of dust. The multi-coloured torrent forms to the shape of a hissing serpent, glaring disapprovingly at Magatsu and Yoshi.

---
    Yoshi moves away from the serpent a bit, but otherwise does not cease his efforts.

"No. Capturing or killing this criminal is more important. Help or get out of the way."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh no you don't," said a quiet voice behind Karite/Hollow. "Surround, Kurumusuke." Suddenly, what felt like ribbons of steel wrapped around Karite/Hollow's arm as Kurosaki's blade shifted and separated into an urumi. The strands pulled at Karite/Hollow's arm, destroying his concentration and cutting deeply into his arm. "I know that you are Karite-fukutaichou just as you are a Hollow, but at the moment you are a danger to the entire seireitei, and we will stop you. I am sorry, Karite-fukutaichou.
    The Hollow is momentarily startled by the urumi, then it begins to laugh quietly. It throws back it's-Karite's head in a roar of laughter, and then shakes Karite's-it's, head slowly.

"You just don't get it do you? I am Karite Mitsukai, Vice Captain of the Thirteenth Division of Seiretei. I wield the Zanpakuto of Crying Ice. I am proficient in sword and fist."

It raises Karite's bandaged arm, and strikes the Urumi with all the force it can muster.

[Inner World]

Karite spits out some blood, and holds his sword out in front of him. The Hollow sighs, annoyed. Fighting on both fronts was tiring, after all.

"What are you going to do now Mitsukai? Die?"

Karite grins savagely, and says a short phrase; one that shows exactly what he wants it too. The hope he'd had for after he left the division, the grim ambition he had towards becoming a captain. The secrets that weren't revealed to him. His friend, his teacher, had been taken, and hidden. And he would be taken and hidden the same way, never to see the light of day again.

"Ban Kai."

The Hollow grins, as if it expected such an event to happen.

[Training Ground]

A sword, forgotten. Trapped in the ground. Unmoving. But suddenly... a twitch. It began to vibrate, and then burst out of the ground. Flying towards a battlefield far away, straight towards it's master.

But not the right master. One under another's power.

The Hollow drops the fake Zanpakuto on the ground, and grabs Kuyashinaki with distaste.

"I don't understand why you idiots thought his blade so beautiful-so elegant. It's a waste of spirit in my opinion. Ah well..."

He twirls it around, and grins.

" Crystallize, Kuyashinaki."

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Pixie in the Playground

Karite's strike takes Kurosaki by surprise; really, who would attack a blade with their bare hand? Apparently, Karite. Or rather, his hollow. Kurosaki staggers back as his Zanpakutou drags itself across Karite's arm, returning to a neat coil above the hilt.

But even as Kurosaki steps back, Heihachi takes his place, stepping forward to stab with his blade, its power still sealed. As Karite's Zanpakutou returns to his hand, Heihachi's blade nears Karite's throat, aiming to end this quickly before Karite can release his Shikai...
    Star Wars iTP characters

15. - Top - End - #1275

Karite's strike takes Kurosaki by surprise; really, who would attack a blade with their bare hand? Apparently, Karite. Or rather, his hollow. Kurosaki staggers back as his Zanpakutou drags itself across Karite's arm, returning to a neat coil above the hilt.

But even as Kurosaki steps back, Heihachi takes his place, stepping forward to stab with his blade, its power still sealed. As Karite's Zanpakutou returns to his hand, Heihachi's blade nears Karite's throat, aiming to end this quickly before Karite can release his Shikai...
    The Hollow grins wickedly as Heihachi's blade comes close. Holding up his arm, he catches the blade on it. Karite's hand begins to bleed, but the Hollow grins.

"You don't get it do you? This isn't the schoolground. You can't hide anymore. Just give up..."

Kuyashinaki suddenly bursts, and the Hollow grins, Karite's zanpakuto; the Crying Ice, was finally formed.

He slices at Heihachi,

"You know you two, it's really a shame. Playing with you guys is fun. But you have to acknowledge your betters; y'know? Can't let you climb above me. That would be a disgrace."

A burst of ice erupts from the tip of the blade, and the battlefield begins to freeze. A chill wind whips up, a numbing horror coming with it. The Hollow charges another Cero, this time aiming for Kurosaki.

[Inner World]

Karite's Ban Kai unleashed, he blasts the Hollow again and again, wrecking his Inner World. A shadow appears next to him.

Karite you know what to do.

He nodded, panting heavily. The Hollow stares, amused. It holds out the sword-it's sword, and cuts. A black wave rushes towards Karite.

You have to wait for the right moment...

Karite sends a burst of ice through the black wave, surprising the Hollow as he dives through,

And strike.

The Hollow blocks the blade, dancing away before firing off another wave at Karite.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    As Yoshi opened fire, a katana, two broadswords, and a spear appeared from thin air to scream towards Suzume from behind. At the same moment, Magatsu appeared in a swirl of dust near Shishimaru, his remaining four blades hovering around him as he glares at Suzume.

"You just attacked my Division, b**ch. Let's dance. Hado 10: Suigyokushou."

A circle of green light flared beneath Suzume as the Hado began to explode upwards. Though unchanted, the kido still carried a nasty amount of power thanks to Magatsu's focus on Hado above other paths. Who needs utility magic when you have blasting?
    Suzume also rolls with the hit on Yoshi, her foot hitting the ground and lifting her high into the air. "Hado 4: Byakurai!" She yells as the blue beam comes from her fingertip, rushing toward Yoshi's location. This doesn't stop her from being hit by the orb, however, which explodes on impact, sending her flying higher into the air. Suzume performs a near impossible bend at her waist in order to dodge the rocketing weapons, and is again hit by the Kido, knocking her away toward a building.

"I never attacked squat, you little punk! This madman started firing kido at me!" She screams through a mouthful of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yoshi moves away from the serpent a bit, but otherwise does not cease his efforts.

"No. Capturing or killing this criminal is more important. Help or get out of the way."
    As she hits the ground on her feet, she grunts in obvious discomfort "Oh, I think you two have about three minutes before everything goes downhill for poor little third division. Better work fast to find the explosives hidden across the division! It will probably take all of you to find them." She spits the red liquid from her mouth and grins sadistically.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi curses as the Hado 4 skips along the back end of his glove, leaving a thin, shallow, painful burn along his arm. He holsters his gun (out of charge), taking a moment to frown in thought. He couldn't treat her threat lightly.

He turned his head, his eyepiece glowing as he surveyed the 3rd Division grounds.

"Damn it, she's right. And while I see all of them, I don't think I can unravel them all in time. All of you need to assist. Bakudo 15, Spider's Web."

His hand was pointing at Suzume even as his gaze was still cast at 3rd Division. A web of kido energy a bit over 15 feet wide flew at her with alarming speed. It was extremely sticky, such that even a glancing blow would certainly make her take time to extricate herself.

"Should slow crazy bitch down. Let's go; here's the coordinates."

He quickly recited locations to the others, even as he was dashing towards the first bomb.

When he arrived, he took several moments to study it...before holding his metal-encased hand over it, and beginning the careful work of unmaking the Kido that made up the explosive.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Suzume also rolls with the hit on Yoshi, her foot hitting the ground and lifting her high into the air. "Hado 4: Byakurai!" She yells as the blue beam comes from her fingertip, rushing toward Yoshi's location. This doesn't stop her from being hit by the orb, however, which explodes on impact, sending her flying higher into the air. Suzume performs a near impossible bend at her waist in order to dodge the rocketing weapons, and is again hit by the Kido, knocking her away toward a building.

"I never attacked squat, you little punk! This madman started firing kido at me!" She screams through a mouthful of blood.

As she hits the ground on her feet, she grunts in obvious discomfort "Oh, I think you two have about three minutes before everything goes downhill for poor little third division. Better work fast to find the explosives hidden across the division! It will probably take all of you to find them." She spits the red liquid from her mouth and grins sadistically.
    "I know exactly who you are, Suzume Kimi. I've read your dossier, and I'm going to enjoy tearing the life out of your bleeding corpse. Go on. Fight me. Bring it on. Do you think I give a f**k about your cute little bombs?" Magatsu smiled with no mirth at all. "THIRD DIVISION! FIND AND DISARM EXPLOSIVES SET AMONG OUR GROUNDS!" His shout reverberated along the hallways, sending the Division scrambling. When Magatsu gave a direct order, few people disobeyed.

In the meantime, Magatsu himself vanished. He hadn't climbed to Vice-Captain by sheer luck, after all, and he was mere steps away from finally materializing his Zanpakutou.

Four blades swept towards Suzume from different angles, each calculated by Magatsu to minimize her options of escape. The Vice-Captain himself blurred into existence mere inches away from the rogue Shinigami, smirking with far too many teeth.

"Bakudo 9: Geki." Red light flared towards Suzume as Magatsu began deciding exactly how he was going to eviscerate her. The blades he'd fired at her earlier burst free from where they'd embedded into the ground and flew back to their places in the air around him, renewing his rather substantial threat.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-30 at 12:07 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ettin in the Playground

Back in Rukon 38

There was a blur, and a squard of 4th divisioners appeared, though they were not being led by Heihachi. The 11th division Shinigami was there, but he was also following someone; Seiko Yukimura, who had at least stopped bleeding, though his wound, still clearly visible through the massive hole in his shihakusho, still looked nasty and painful and sure to leave a terrible scar.

"Reporting with a healing squad, Michiko-taichou." The Vice-Captain said, saluting to his captain. At least he was steady on his feet this time.

"Oh no you don't," Daisuke said, looking at the rapidly fleeing form of the girl-who-wasn't-the-same-girl. "Bakudo 9: Horin! Bakudo 9: Horin!"

The first rope thrown attached to Kagome, taking the place of the last rope, and the other went to a nearby pillar in the barracks. Daisuke attempted to pull Kagome down and into the pillar, attaching her with the Horin to pillar. It was a long shot, but it mostly to distract her enough for Natsuko to pull off something appropriately Captainy.
    As the horin fell down around him and the dragon interposed on his path, Naraku struggled free of the geki, and with a terrible grin raised his sword arm so that it wouldn't be bound by the kido.

And then he allowed the entire lower half of Kagome's body to fall off, giving the distinct impression that the rope kido had slashed her in half. The upper half stayed afloat, even as the flesh started to regrow the abandoned parts. Free of such bindings, he shumpoed sideways, out of the way of the flaming shikai.

"Hehehehehehe... AHAHAHAHAH!

Don't worry about the girl, she didn't feel that one."

Or any other one.

"Now we better get away before things grow back up in full... I can't regenerate clothing, you know... Adieu!"

Naraku resumes his mad dash across the sky of the Seireitei.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko looks on in horror as she continues pursuing Naraku.

But she can tell something's up, as, well...

Bakudo shouldn't do that.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-01-30 at 08:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

[3rd Division]

Nasumi glares at Yoshi. After all, she hasn't seen Suzume do anything villainous, quite the contrary, while Yoshi himself barged into the scene guns blazing. However, her irritation is replaced by blank confusion soon after.

"E- explosives? What explosives?"

Magatsu's order, while timely in itself, has one problem - 3rd is one of the smallest Divisions, and Daisuke had directed most of them away to help in Rukongai. Nasumi, Shishimaru and Yoshi are... the only three within hearing range.

Not to mention, the 3rd Division are guards, executioners and ceremonialists... not EODs. So out of those three, Yoshi is the only one with requisite tools and knowledge to actually do a thing.

Which means that in 2 minutes and 45 seconds, most of whatever explosives are in place... are likely to go off regardless.

Not that Nasumi is paying attention to such things anyway. She's too busy running towards the place where Suzume crashed to the ground.

"What are you doing? Stop it!"
    , she screeches again, at Magatsu - a split second before a turbulent cloud of various colours interposes itself between Suzume and the blood-thirsty Vice Captain, wrapping around the former like a giant constrictor snake.

"Why... why are you trying to kill her? You already have her beaten!", she yells, waving her arms in exasperation... apparently not noticing one is still holding a sword longer than some men. "Shouldn't you be taking her alive? She might know something!"

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I know exactly who you are, Suzume Kimi. I've read your dossier, and I'm going to enjoy tearing the life out of your bleeding corpse. Go on. Fight me. Bring it on. Do you think I give a f**k about your cute little bombs?" Magatsu smiled with no mirth at all. "THIRD DIVISION! FIND AND DISARM EXPLOSIVES SET AMONG OUR GROUNDS!" His shout reverberated along the hallways, sending the Division scrambling. When Magatsu gave a direct order, few people disobeyed.

In the meantime, Magatsu himself vanished. He hadn't climbed to Vice-Captain by sheer luck, after all, and he was mere steps away from finally materializing his Zanpakutou.

Four blades swept towards Suzume from different angles, each calculated by Magatsu to minimize her options of escape. The Vice-Captain himself blurred into existence mere inches away from the rogue Shinigami, smirking with far too many teeth.

"Bakudo 9: Geki." Red light flared towards Suzume as Magatsu began deciding exactly how he was going to eviscerate her. The blades he'd fired at her earlier burst free from where they'd embedded into the ground and flew back to their places in the air around him, renewing his rather substantial threat.

Shishimaru got back up off the ground to see Magatsu-sama attacking the woman, who was apparently named Suzume. The lieutenant wasn't the most reliable person when it came to administrative duties, his skill in battle was indisputable. Which was good, since the woman seemed far more skilled than any of the three who were fighting her before.

Which left Shishimaru time to look for the bombs.

Wait, BOMBS?!

Shishimaru ran towards one of the bombs, and found himself completely at a loss. This was technology that seemed both old and new. Suzume had used methods that had been rendered obsolete by Kasuo-taichou, and had also made her own changes to it; as a result, the bombs were completely alien to Shishimaru. But, maybe he could do something.

"Ye who carry the heavens! Inscribe the mirror with the infinite bindings, and keep the little ones safe from sin. Bakudo #15: Kyomon." Shishimaru whispered as he created an inverse mirror wall, the strong side facing the bomb as he shaped the wall into a sphere around the bomb, carefully interjecting the wall between the bomb and the wall near it. Hopefully, this would work. Maybe Nasumi would see him and help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    As the horin fell down around him and the dragon interposed on his path, Naraku struggled free of the geki, and with a terrible grin raised his sword arm so that it wouldn't be bound by the kido.

And then he allowed the entire lower half of Kagome's body to fall off, giving the distinct impression that the rope kido had slashed her in half. The upper half stayed afloat, even as the flesh started to regrow the abandoned parts. Free of such bindings, he shumpoed sideways, out of the way of the flaming shikai.

"Hehehehehehe... AHAHAHAHAH!

Don't worry about the girl, she didn't feel that one."

Or any other one.

"Now we better get away before things grow back up in full... I can't regenerate clothing, you know... Adieu!"

Naraku resumes his mad dash across the sky of the Seireitei.
    Daisuke looked up with horror as everything below Nasumi's torso simply detached. Had his Horin done that?! He dispelled both, since they were apparently both useless, and considered his next move. Kagome was dead, that much was certain. It was ridiculous to think that she could possibly survive having her torso detached. But before they could consider that any more, he had to stop her...it.

"Natsuko-taichou, I might be able to stop it, but I'll need you to keep her close with your Shikai. If so, I understand that you'll have to destroy her, because she isn't her anymore. Forgive me, Kagome-san." He lifted his hands, and one of his tails vanished again, leaving him with three.

"Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six! Bakudo #61: Rikujoukorou!"
    Star Wars iTP characters

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Pixie in the Playground

INVASION DAY

Hirokatsu Goto Vice Captain (acting officer in charge) of the 9th Division: On his way back to the Seretei, he stops in the 15th District within far view of his family's household.

On his way to the Seretei Hirokatsu would skid to a stop in the 15th Rukon District, his long eyebrows and beard would be in rhythm in their sway as he stood and opened his umbrella over him. In the distance he could see his family's large walled home against the water it sat on the edge of. His eyes opened for a moment thinking while taking in the site. He had stopped not for personal desire, but for professional consideration.

Ever since this invasion occurred the Gotei had been reacting to all threats, and reacting only. As as obvious diversion this was quite effective. Hirokatsu thought though that while this type of reaction is somewhat necessary in a crisis, the fact that the diversion was now seemingly obvious seemed to call for a different reaction. Though as Hirokatsu saw it, the Gotei was still reacting as if they were still unaware. And though all the specifics were not known, and thus immediate action and search was necessary, to Hirokatsu it seemed they may have missed something along the way. Namely, the escape of the Primera.

Simply the presence of such an opponent in Soul Society was a large deal and acting as a diversion her presence and battling did its part. However her flight was no indication of her defeat nor of her absolutely leaving the Soul Society. This troubled Hirokatsu greatly.

Had her flight been only another diversion, her story of intruder (whether true or not) just a means to force the Gotei again into a reactionary stance and thus away from a true intention?

Hirokatsu looked towards the Seretei and then back away from it. The Captain General had denied sending a patrol to follow the Primera after they realized her absence, and while his wisdom is great did he really have the ability of foresight? True, the the patrol would not be of the Primera's level, and thus not be able to stop her but it COULD more importantly prove that she had indeed left the Soul Society. While the problem in the Seretei was indeed major issue. The majority of the Soul Society was there and reacting to it. Just a a small patrol would have been enough to get the info needed, regardless of its effectiveness. As the major power that was seen of her and thus sent to her in her battle, as well as the destruction she levied, the absolution of her from Soul Society must indeed be guaranteed. The Captain General was wise and thoughtful, and perhaps even the lack of 5 Shinigami patrol members 10 eyes was too much to give up when searching was of great import. But what about two eyes of an old man?

Hirokatsu brought a Hell butterfly to his hand and sent a message to the members of the 9th Division, as well as the 8th, 10th and 1st Division channels. The 9th Division was to immediately coordinate with the 8th Division's search plan and aid in any way needed. Hirokatsu himself explained how he would instead of immediately returning to the Seretei, return past the battle site along the path of the retreating Primera. Her departure, while convenient was not absolute in knowing of her actual exit from Soul Society. Hirokatsu explained how he would go out in search of proof of her actual departure, in case her words and actions were only another diversion from another plot. Upon reasonable proof found or immediate recall issued he would search this out as her threat was still active until proved otherwise, even if a new threat was found in the Seretei. Hirokatsu would apologize in the message to the 1st Division for not getting approval for this action, but he felt time was of the essence and as head of the 9th Division, even if only "acting" he had to fulfill his inclinations and training and follow it as such. He would immediately report in any information he received or learned.

The Hell Butterflies raced off, and Hiroaktsu took one last look at the Goto home, and then in a click of his umbrella closing and resting on his left shoulder and a blur of movement, he was gone back away from the Seretei toward and past the battleground at his top speed.

Hirokatsu knew he was no match for the Primera, but he knew that made no difference. He was not looking for a fight he was looking for proof of the safety of the Rukon and the Soul Society proper. She was no threat to be idly let go of and her exit no matter how convenient, was not to be trusted.

Hirokatsu kept some distance from the initial battleground are as he approached it at high speed. He knew that area was still full of high spiritual power, and would only cloud his search.

He raced by it, and looked inward trying to reach out and feel the area and the lingering spiritual pressures. He felt twinges of residual spiritual pressure and followed them as fast as he could. Hirokatsu was well trained in Reiryoku and tracking it, it was one of his best traits in fact. Though at his top speed he could not sense very far and slight deviations in the lingering spiritual pressures could throw him off greatly. Hirokatsu knew he needed to stop and get his bearings and reach out further.

Hirokatsu Goto Vice Captain (acting officer in charge) of the 9th Division: The Rukongai 63rd District, the Ryuunosuke Castle loomed large nearby.

Hirokatsu came a to a halt on the top of a small hill. He closed his umbrella quickly and set it on his left shoulder lightly. His eyes opened and he looked to the Ryuunosuke Castle which could never be missed when venturing anywhere near the 63rd District. It was extremely large, a fortress in Hirokatsu's eyes. The Ryuunosuke's were one of the 4 great noble family's and this was quite obvious in its castle's grandeur. The Goto family was indeed no noble family, but their home was as fine as it could be and its walls high, but this place, while not their home, was like a personal fortified city for them in Hirokatsu's eyes.

The 5th Division Cpt was a member of this family, one of the only Shinigami older than Hirokatsu in fact. They were not close but after so many years you do see less and less of the same people from earlier times, and while they were not friends they both knew of each other well enough for casual pleasantries to be offered if for no other reason than just as a simple nod to both of them being around for so long.

Hirokatsu had no reason to not make friends but it was not like Hirokatsu to look for much outside his family and Gotei duties, still if there was one Shinigami he would have a reason to befriend, perhaps it was the 5th Cpt. Hirokatsu had heard that the 5th Cpt was ill recently, though he had heard nothing of his current condition. He had hoped he was better, and while he heard nothing of his actions during the defense of the day's activities, he had only considered that since he had heard little of many of the other division's duties, it brought no alarm to Hirokatsu.

He quickly thought no more on the matter and sat gently on the hilltop and crossed his legs, closing his eyes he placed his umbrella over his lap as though he was going to perform Jinzen, though he was not doing that. He was going to calm himself and reach out with his Reiryoku and get a better sense of where to head next by searching out to feel the spiritual pressures of the area and hopefully find the path of the exiting Primera before continuing on.

He sat still and silent his closed eyes only barely poked through his long eyebrows as they swayed in the breeze. His black haori pulled slightly around the arms as the wind swept by.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko times the next swooping in of her Shikai to be when the Bakudo hits, so that the two are pretty much simultaneous.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1285

A boy appears, a white haired boy. A boy named Shiro Akawa. He appears in Rukongai to be precise. He isn't sure what he's doing there. But he does remember he was supposed to go look for the Yama family or something like that. Something about being sent by Akio. He also remembers some nice lady. She was really nice.

He begins looking for someone, anyone, who can tell him where he can find this Yama family.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2011-01-31 at 03:55 PM.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    The Hollow grins wickedly as Heihachi's blade comes close. Holding up his arm, he catches the blade on it. Karite's hand begins to bleed, but the Hollow grins.

"You don't get it do you? This isn't the schoolground. You can't hide anymore. Just give up..."

Kuyashinaki suddenly bursts, and the Hollow grins, Karite's zanpakuto; the Crying Ice, was finally formed.

He slices at Heihachi,

"You know you two, it's really a shame. Playing with you guys is fun. But you have to acknowledge your betters; y'know? Can't let you climb above me. That would be a disgrace."

A burst of ice erupts from the tip of the blade, and the battlefield begins to freeze. A chill wind whips up, a numbing horror coming with it. The Hollow charges another Cero, this time aiming for Kurosaki.
    Heihachi manages to parry the blow just a split second before it's too late, but the force of the blow still throws him backwards. Kurosaki's eyes widen as he realizes he won't be fast enough to dodge the Cero, and his thin weapon isn't exactly ideal for blocking the oncoming blast.

He's saved when a heavy weight suddenly smashes against the Hollow's outstretched hand and knocks the Cero off-course. "Thought ya were done with me, did ya?", Ryuuma snarls, his breath turning into wisps of mist in the chill as it leaves his mouth. He then pushes himself away from Karite, holding his blade ready while standing in the air. He looks defiant, but his skin is plae and the Hollow can see he's shivering from cold.

"Come on. Let's see if you're more than just talk."

27. - Top - End - #1287

Having finally gotten guidance to the Yama family, Shiro walks up to the front door or front gate, or whatever is the outermost frontal entrance.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1288

[3rd Division]

Nasumi glares at Yoshi. After all, she hasn't seen Suzume do anything villainous, quite the contrary, while Yoshi himself barged into the scene guns blazing. However, her irritation is replaced by blank confusion soon after.

"E- explosives? What explosives?"

Magatsu's order, while timely in itself, has one problem - 3rd is one of the smallest Divisions, and Daisuke had directed most of them away to help in Rukongai. Nasumi, Shishimaru and Yoshi are... the only three within hearing range.

Not to mention, the 3rd Division are guards, executioners and ceremonialists... not EODs. So out of those three, Yoshi is the only one with requisite tools and knowledge to actually do a thing.

Which means that in 2 minutes and 45 seconds, most of whatever explosives are in place... are likely to go off regardless.

Not that Nasumi is paying attention to such things anyway. She's too busy running towards the place where Suzume crashed to the ground.

"What are you doing? Stop it!"
    , she screeches again, at Magatsu - a split second before a turbulent cloud of various colours interposes itself between Suzume and the blood-thirsty Vice Captain, wrapping around the former like a giant constrictor snake.

"Why... why are you trying to kill her? You already have her beaten!", she yells, waving her arms in exasperation... apparently not noticing one is still holding a sword longer than some men. "Shouldn't you be taking her alive? She might know something!"
    Suzume gasps in shock as her eyes widen what the hell!? She slowly steps back from the larger woman, ducking under the sword easily. "What the hell are you doing, kid? You're gonne get yourself keelhauled if you interfere. Let me kill the poor bastard. Apparently he doesn't understand the concept of assassination." Suzume then vanishes from sight, using shunpo to duck around a building and then take another corner, making it harder to follow. She seems to be running, but following her comment, it should be obvious she's trying to play cat and mouse games.

[Akio Household]

A young woman answers the door, a member of the Rukon who has been hired as a maid it seems. Her smile is inviting and full of warmth, much out of place in the building full of perpetually grumpy or wickedly smiling house members. After taking a short look at Shiro she steps to one side. "Ah, Shiro-san, Akio said you should be here soon enough. I'm afraid Akio is..." She pauses for a moment as an older man comes up behind her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Out. Akio is out at the moment. Please come in. My name is Yama Yoru, and this is our house guest, young Ryo Sango. We hope you enjoy being a part of the family." It can be seen by the man's eyes that he disapproves of the adoption into the family, but won't voice his opinions of his pig headed relative, nor bring undue stress to the young child.

29. - Top - End - #1289

Shiro smiles.
    Thank you ever so much sir. Um... Sir...? I'm terribly hungry. Do you have any food that I can eat?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1290

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Shiro smiles.
    Thank you ever so much sir. Um... Sir...? I'm terribly hungry. Do you have any food that I can eat?
    A swift smile comes to the man's lips, just before being hidden away back under the emotionless face he's practiced so long. "Of course, Shiro-san. Please follow Sango-chan to the kitchen area. She should be able to make something for you. Please do not hesitate to ask for anything you should want, within reason. We're family now, after all."

Sango looks hopefully at Shiro, then nods to him. She also knew the first signs of Shinigami talent. "Right this way, Shiro-san!"