New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Shiro follow her happily.
    I wonder what it's like being a noble? I bet Yui would be reaaaalllyyyy jealous.
    He says, thinking back to the woman who helped him out.
    Soooo... Do you guys have ramen? I have a heavy craving for it right about now.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Shiro follow her happily.
    I wonder what it's like being a noble? I bet Yui would be reaaaalllyyyy jealous.
    He says, thinking back to the woman who helped him out.
    Soooo... Do you guys have ramen? I have a heavy craving for it right about now.
    An appalled look comes across her face as she seemingly shirks back in absolute terror. "Eh!? Ramen? I don't think we have any ramen! I'll have to go get some! Yoru-Sama! I have to go out for a moment!" She yells through the kitchen before bolting out through the door. A few moments later she pops her head back in "What flavor!?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #1293

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    An appalled look comes across her face as she seemingly shirks back in absolute terror. "Eh!? Ramen? I don't think we have any ramen! I'll have to go get some! Yoru-Sama! I have to go out for a moment!" She yells through the kitchen before bolting out through the door. A few moments later she pops her head back in "What flavor!?"
    Chickaaaaaannnnnnnn!
    Shiro replies, with a comically large and goofy grin.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1294

Chickaaaaaannnnnnnn!
    Shiro replies, with a comically large and goofy grin.
    A large cloud of dust forms behind the young girl, who apparently learned Shunpo in the instant that Shiro wanted noodles. She's even faster at learning than Ichigo As the dust settles a few screams can be heard through the Rukon as Sango plows through people and stalls alike on her journey to get Ramen.

A sigh is heard from behind Shiro, coming from Yoru who looks as if he's had to deal with this a few times.

5. - Top - End - #1295

A large cloud of dust forms behind the young girl, who apparently learned Shunpo in the instant that Shiro wanted noodles. She's even faster at learning than Ichigo As the dust settles a few screams can be heard through the Rukon as Sango plows through people and stalls alike on her journey to get Ramen.

A sigh is heard from behind Shiro, coming from Yoru who looks as if he's had to deal with this a few times.
    Shiro turns to Yoru with a smile.
    So is being a noble fun?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1296

Shiro turns to Yoru with a smile.
    So is being a noble fun?
    "It's... Exactly what you put into it. If you come at it as work, or a duty, you'll end up alone and unhappy. If you try to use it for personal reason's you'll become hated and feared. But if you use it like one would an artform, to bring joy to the people around, to look out for them, you will be adored, and it's very hard to be unhappy when everyone looks to you for guidance. It's the greatest feeling in the world, to be respected fully and a part of the people. So yes, it can be fun. On the other hand, you have to deal with young Sango-chan, so it's a pain." Yoru again smiles, it seems he was always accustomed to the nobility's mannerisms, always stuffy and never wanting to ask a question for fear of looking weak.

7. - Top - End - #1297

But she seems so nice! She can't be THAT bad.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1298

But she seems so nice! She can't be THAT bad.
    As the dust trail leads back toward the household, Yuro stand to one side, pulling Shiro with him. Into the door and the space Shiro had been standing before skids Sango, pieces of wood from the shopping carts in her tangled hair. "I didn't know how much you wanted so.." In her arms is a bundle of dozens of packages of ramen, all ready for cooking.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Dwarf in the Playground

The downside, of course, to trying a cat-and-mouse game on a Division's grounds with said Division's Vice-Captain, espeically when the Vice-Captain is inches away from you as you start Shunpo, is that he tends to know the area very, very well. And Vice-Captains aren't slow.

"Kill the poor bastard? You couldn't be referring to me. You never even really trained in zanjutsu, and you think you can kill me? Pathetic."

He didn't even bother attacking yet, waiting to see what Suzume did. Magatsu was apparently enjoying toying with the fugitive.

He seems somewhat unconcerned with the lack of Shinigami presence in the buildings, apparently preoccupied with killing a wanted terrorist. Either that, or he knew they wouldn't have much luck disarming the bombs in such a short time anyway. With Magatsu, it was hard to tell when he was being cunning and when he was thinking with his sword.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-02-01 at 11:07 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

10. - Top - End - #1300

As the dust trail leads back toward the household, Yuro stand to one side, pulling Shiro with him. Into the door and the space Shiro had been standing before skids Sango, pieces of wood from the shopping carts in her tangled hair. "I didn't know how much you wanted so.." In her arms is a bundle of dozens of packages of ramen, all ready for cooking.
    He laughs.
    Thank you miss.
    He says with a smile.
    It looks really yummy.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

[3rd Division]

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and tear out your own throat! Bakudo 9: Horin!"
    That's the sound Suzume and Magatsu both hear hear before a tendril of crackling energy shoots past and archs around them... seemingly intent to tie around and wrap them in one neat package, considering how keen they are on each other.

"Aieee! Why no-one ever listens to me? STOP IT!", Nasumi screeches again, so hard her voice almost gives up, stomping the ground for emphasis even as her hands are focused on directing the whip-like Kido. A wisp of green fumes snakes towards the combatants menacingly, threatening to swallow them.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Parasito vs. Lots of People

Spoiler
    Show
    You've enjoyed yourself enough for today.

WHAT?! But, but master! There's still so much more! Can't you smell the blood pumping around you? It's a filthy sound- we can make it stop!

...That you think I'm so far gone is all the reason I could possibly need. I won't be in a hurry to unsheathe you again.

Goro stands in the middle of the tableau, his psychotic smile turning to rictus, then, slowly, a more customary grimace. Simultaneously, his dagger lengthens back into its normal sealed state. With a brief nod to both his backup from his own division and one to the Second Divisioners, he wearily staggers to the conjoined tentacles, aiming to finish the job that he started...
    The additional 10th Divisioner's nod back to him. Several draw up their hands again. The one on the ground responds with an unchanted "Bakudo 9: Geki!" that covers Parasito once again with a red, holding glow. Meanwhile, the other ground-level Execution Squad 5 member begins to chant. "Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!!..." The upper-level member draws back his hands again and begins to chant a much more powerful spell than his previous. ""Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel..."

At the Maggot's Nest...

The guards pause. They say nothing to each other. Slowly, the forward-most one steps towards the opening that used to be a door. One guard quickly draws a horn of some kind and blows into it while the others cover their ears.

A blaring horn sounds from Maggot's Nest...

Taiki Takahashi

...a sound that Taiki hears soon after. Taiki recognizes its purpose. But his senses detect no one nearby the Nest at all. But then he sees it. The flare. "That is not one of mine."

Taiki disappears, a pulse of wind rustling the leaves in his wake.

At the Nest, several minutes later...

Taiki arrives at the mountain. His hands tense into fists. A slight whistling fills the air around him.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

13. - Top - End - #1303

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heihachi manages to parry the blow just a split second before it's too late, but the force of the blow still throws him backwards. Kurosaki's eyes widen as he realizes he won't be fast enough to dodge the Cero, and his thin weapon isn't exactly ideal for blocking the oncoming blast.

He's saved when a heavy weight suddenly smashes against the Hollow's outstretched hand and knocks the Cero off-course. "Thought ya were done with me, did ya?", Ryuuma snarls, his breath turning into wisps of mist in the chill as it leaves his mouth. He then pushes himself away from Karite, holding his blade ready while standing in the air. He looks defiant, but his skin is plae and the Hollow can see he's shivering from cold.

"Come on. Let's see if you're more than just talk."
    The Hollow grins sadistically, twirling Karite's sword in its hand.

"You know, this fight isn't in your favor."

The Hollow vanished, reappearing several meters above Ryuuma's head. The Hollow cackles as Kuyashinaki begins to crackle with energy, and begins to shake under the pressure it's put under.

"Hell, this fight didn't even begin in your favor. It was always in mine. But..."

The blade releases the energy above Ryuuma, but it seems... Lesser. With the shikai, the damage should be multiplied a hundredfold, but it seems that the energy would merely knock Ryuuma out, not kill him.

Of course, he'll be out cold for several hours if it hits.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [/spoiler]

Shishimaru got back up off the ground to see Magatsu-sama attacking the woman, who was apparently named Suzume. The lieutenant wasn't the most reliable person when it came to administrative duties, his skill in battle was indisputable. Which was good, since the woman seemed far more skilled than any of the three who were fighting her before.

Which left Shishimaru time to look for the bombs.

Wait, BOMBS?!

Shishimaru ran towards one of the bombs, and found himself completely at a loss. This was technology that seemed both old and new. Suzume had used methods that had been rendered obsolete by Kasuo-taichou, and had also made her own changes to it; as a result, the bombs were completely alien to Shishimaru. But, maybe he could do something.

"Ye who carry the heavens! Inscribe the mirror with the infinite bindings, and keep the little ones safe from sin. Bakudo #15: Kyomon." Shishimaru whispered as he created an inverse mirror wall, the strong side facing the bomb as he shaped the wall into a sphere around the bomb, carefully interjecting the wall between the bomb and the wall near it. Hopefully, this would work. Maybe Nasumi would see him and help him.

Daisuke looked up with horror as everything below Nasumi's torso simply detached. Had his Horin done that?! He dispelled both, since they were apparently both useless, and considered his next move. Kagome was dead, that much was certain. It was ridiculous to think that she could possibly survive having her torso detached. But before they could consider that any more, he had to stop her...it.

"Natsuko-taichou, I might be able to stop it, but I'll need you to keep her close with your Shikai. If so, I understand that you'll have to destroy her, because she isn't her anymore. Forgive me, Kagome-san." He lifted his hands, and one of his tails vanished again, leaving him with three.

"Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six! Bakudo #61: Rikujoukorou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko times the next swooping in of her Shikai to be when the Bakudo hits, so that the two are pretty much simultaneous.
    Naraku is imprisoned in midair by the rods of light, and stares at the incoming flaming dragon helplessly.

"Bakudo #15, Kyōmon."

Naraku is surrounded by a translucent barrier that eats the brunt of Natsuko's attack before shattering, forcing Naraku to endure only the final wisps of the passing shikai's flames searing away the skin and fat (not a lot of it) of his host's body.

Kagome's charred and blackened form stays limp behind the passage of the dragon, still suspended by the rods.

That, until her arm jerks down and slams the rods into shattering, her flesh already regenerating under Naraku's power.

"Now, you are just working your hardest to ruin this body I had such difficulty in securing, just like the last one. Well, not going to happen."

Naraku makes a distinctive hand signal.

"Bakudo #26, Kyokko."

And then... S/he vanishes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko scowls, on guard for any attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    The Hollow grins sadistically, twirling Karite's sword in its hand.

"You know, this fight isn't in your favor."

The Hollow vanished, reappearing several meters above Ryuuma's head. The Hollow cackles as Kuyashinaki begins to crackle with energy, and begins to shake under the pressure it's put under.

"Hell, this fight didn't even begin in your favor. It was always in mine. But..."

The blade releases the energy above Ryuuma, but it seems... Lesser. With the shikai, the damage should be multiplied a hundredfold, but it seems that the energy would merely knock Ryuuma out, not kill him.

Of course, he'll be out cold for several hours if it hits.
    Not that it'll ever get the chance to hit. A sudden burst of reiatsu and a flash of movement are all the warning that Hollow/Karite gets before a whirling chain appears, knocking his sword to the side, causing his attack to miss. Another flash of movement and the low whistle of a sword swung in the midst of shunpo, and suddenly Seiko appeared in front of Hollow/Karite's face, slamming him with the middle of his staff to knock him back to the ground.

"Sorry it took me so long to get back up, men. I wanted to be sure that I was ready for this. Shall we show this Hollow bastard why his kind don't invade the Seireitei?" Seiko said, pointing one end of his staff at Hollow/Karite. What was probably most amazing about his attack was that Seiko was actually standing upright, and wasn't wobbling. It looked like he had gotten his second wind, and was ready to fight again.

"Come on then, Hollow. Do your worst."

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Naraku is imprisoned in midair by the rods of light, and stares at the incoming flaming dragon helplessly.

"Bakudo #15, Kyōmon."

Naraku is surrounded by a translucent barrier that eats the brunt of Natsuko's attack before shattering, forcing Naraku to endure only the final wisps of the passing shikai's flames searing away the skin and fat (not a lot of it) of his host's body.

Kagome's charred and blackened form stays limp behind the passage of the dragon, still suspended by the rods.

That, until her arm jerks down and slams the rods into shattering, her flesh already regenerating under Naraku's power.

"Now, you are just working your hardest to ruin this body I had such difficulty in securing, just like the last one. Well, not going to happen."

Naraku makes a distinctive hand signal.

"Bakudo #26, Kyokko."

And then... S/he vanishes.
    Daisuke's face hardens as the dragon slams into...a barrier? When had it put that up? Okay, that made things harder. And it was regenerating again. Not good. Why wouldn't this thing just die? Why couldn't it just go down and leave Kagome-san alone? Why did this have to happen to her?

Daisuke's three tails stood at the ready, prepared to block any attack. Daisuke put all his efforts into reiatsu sensing, something at which he was moderately proficient. Hopefully, he can break through its Kyokko...
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    At the Maggot's Nest...

The guards pause. They say nothing to each other. Slowly, the forward-most one steps towards the opening that used to be a door. One guard quickly draws a horn of some kind and blows into it while the others cover their ears.

A blaring horn sounds from Maggot's Nest...

Taiki Takahashi

...a sound that Taiki hears soon after. Taiki recognizes its purpose. But his senses detect no one nearby the Nest at all. But then he sees it. The flare. "That is not one of mine."

Taiki disappears, a pulse of wind rustling the leaves in his wake.

At the Nest, several minutes later...

Taiki arrives at the mountain. His hands tense into fists. A slight whistling fills the air around him.
    Some distance above Taiki, teetering on a cliff, the pale stranger crouches within the shroud of his Kyokko. He'd watched the Captain run over the hills - at such distances, keeping track of even a Shinigami using Shunpo was relatively easy.

He licks his lips, preparing for ambush. He wouldn't have all that many chances to sway the battle in his favor before Takahashi would pick him up. A drop of sweat flowing from his brow, he grasps the hilt of his sword.

The sound of metal striking against stone is the only warning Taiki gets before a mass of rock comes tumbling down on him.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - On the Mountain

The boulder falling towards him does not phase him in the slightest. Pulling a fist back, Taiki tenses his arm and watches the huge stone. With a loud cry, the Captain slams his fist into the boulder, splitting it in two. The halves fall around him, crashing against the mountainside as they fall. Taiki holds his stance for a moment, then pulls back into a relaxed standing position. His gaze, however, continues to face towards the direction of the boulder.

"You underestimate me, Kujo." The whistling sound grows louder and more frequent. Suddenly, Taiki shunpos, following the path of dust and rocks left behind by the falling rock. Once he reaches the highest point of that path, Taiki tosses stone dust over the top of the cliff.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ettin in the Playground

Taiki's momentary pause gives the stranger enough time to change his position, but his face falls flat when he sees he cracks the boulder in halves without even trying to dodge. He's only a dozen or so yards away when the Captain jumps on the cliff. Rapidly, he pulls a spherical object from his robes and flings it at Taiki's direction, diving down from the cliff at the same instant. Taiki will see a metallic glint at the edge of his vision before the thing hits the mountainside and explodes to a rain of fire and sharp shrapnel.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as the glint becomes visible, Taiki points a hand out and shouts, "Sho!", aiming his attack at the metallic glint. The shove should keep the distance long enough for Taiki to gain the traction to at least being a Shunpo away as the bomb explodes. Alternatively, should it miss, it is likely to hit the person who threw the bomb.

(Assuming the bomb explodes...)
    Taiki shifts his position and as soon as he gains enough traction begins a shunpo, the blast and shrapnel following behind him as he goes. His right hand seems to grasp something solid, and he swings it rapidly, blocking several larger pieces of shrapnel from hitting him in vital areas. His left hand pulls against his chest, guarded by his body against heavier damage. Smaller bits of shrapnel rip through his haori and shihakusho, leaving scratches and raw bruises where they strike. The explosion itself catches on his haori as he flees, lighting it aflame. His body leaves the explosion at high speed, landing on a cliff face some distance away. Though scratched and bruised all over, he does not appear to be wounded in a debilitating way. Upon standing, Taiki grabs his haori by the collar and throws it to the ground, stamping out the flames.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

The stranger hits ground few dozen yards below, rolling and ducking past a low cliff to shield himself from the shrapnel, the sound of the explosion hopefully obscuring his tumling. After the deafening blast stops ringing in the air, he crawls to a crouching position. Had he gotten the bastard? Hard to tell - he can feel Taiki, but the cliff he jumped from prevents him from seeing him. Checking to see his Kyokko is still intact, the stranger starts sidling along the cliff, careful not to make a sound, hoping to get Taiki back to his view. He's running out of tricks - he'd have to make the next attack count.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

Natsuko scowls, on guard for any attack.
    Not that it'll ever get the chance to hit. A sudden burst of reiatsu and a flash of movement are all the warning that Hollow/Karite gets before a whirling chain appears, knocking his sword to the side, causing his attack to miss. Another flash of movement and the low whistle of a sword swung in the midst of shunpo, and suddenly Seiko appeared in front of Hollow/Karite's face, slamming him with the middle of his staff to knock him back to the ground.

"Sorry it took me so long to get back up, men. I wanted to be sure that I was ready for this. Shall we show this Hollow bastard why his kind don't invade the Seireitei?" Seiko said, pointing one end of his staff at Hollow/Karite. What was probably most amazing about his attack was that Seiko was actually standing upright, and wasn't wobbling. It looked like he had gotten his second wind, and was ready to fight again.

Daisuke's face hardens as the dragon slams into...a barrier? When had it put that up? Okay, that made things harder. And it was regenerating again. Not good. Why wouldn't this thing just die? Why couldn't it just go down and leave Kagome-san alone? Why did this have to happen to her?

Daisuke's three tails stood at the ready, prepared to block any attack. Daisuke put all his efforts into reiatsu sensing, something at which he was moderately proficient. Hopefully, he can break through its Kyokko...
    Daisuke and Natsuko wait there, ready, tense in wait for the inevitable assault.

A breeze blows some dust away in front of them.

Nothing else happens.

Naraku, in all likelyhood, beated it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko scowls. "Stand down. It's gone."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Pixie in the Playground

4th Division Grounds

At Natsuko's order, Daisuke relaxes. So, it had gotten away? Well, Daisuke was going to find him. As 3rd seat of the Execution Division, it was his responsibility to find and eliminate this monster from the Seireitei.

"I'm sorry, Natsuko-taichou. Forgive me for not eliminating it when I had the chance. And I'm sorry that I made you have to fight it yourself. Please accept my apology, Natsuko-taichou." Daisuke said, bowing low to Natsuko. He had screwed up, but he was willing to admit it.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's all right. I didn't pick that ability of it to transfer bodies either."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [3rd Division]

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and tear out your own throat! Bakudo 9: Horin!"
    That's the sound Suzume and Magatsu both hear hear before a tendril of crackling energy shoots past and archs around them... seemingly intent to tie around and wrap them in one neat package, considering how keen they are on each other.

"Aieee! Why no-one ever listens to me? STOP IT!", Nasumi screeches again, so hard her voice almost gives up, stomping the ground for emphasis even as her hands are focused on directing the whip-like Kido. A wisp of green fumes snakes towards the combatants menacingly, threatening to swallow them.
    Oddly, Magatsu allowed the Bakudo to wrap around him, pulling himself and Suzume together. "I was ignoring you, unseated Nasumi, because- oh, look, I already told you. This woman is a wanted criminal and I'm well within my duties to execute her."

He shrugged. "Still, this makes things a bit simpler for me. Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat! Bakudo 9: Geki!" Oh, look at that. A point-blank Bakudo for Suzume.

"Now, Suzume... why don't you go ahead and tell us where your bombs are. If you don't, I won't kill you." The very specific way Magatsu made his threat spoke volumes about his intentions.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-02-03 at 01:38 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Pixie in the Playground

3rd Division Barracks

Shishimaru finishes casting Kyomon on the bomb, hoping that it'll hold the explosion somewhat. It's the best he can do, given the situation.

Then he sees what Nasumi is doing.

"NASUMI-SAN! What are you doing?!" Shishimaru practically screams in disbelief at Nasumi's actions. What was she thinking? Even if their lieutenant wasn't known for the pleasure he took in executions, she was giving orders to someone who was significantly above her in rank! Not only that, but she had cast Bakudo on him! It was like she was trying to get in trouble, and a lot of it. Magatsu was not known for his leniency, especially for people who interfered with him.

"Nasumi-san, please Magatsu-sama alone, he knows what he's doing. We need to find and isolate the bombs so that Yoshi-san can disable them. Please, Nasumi-san. I need your help." The truth was that he didn't actually need her help, but he needed her to leave Magatsu-sama alone before he decided that she was too much of a problem. He wouldn't kill her, but he would incapacitate her, and that might hurt her and distract Magatsu-sama from Suzume, which wasn't something that he could afford.

"Come on, Nasumi-san. Magatsu-sama can handle this."
    Star Wars iTP characters

28. - Top - End - #1318

Spoiler
    Show

The Hollow grins as he hits the ground. Then it begins to laugh.

Laughing in a way that overlaps both Hollow's voice and Karite's voice. He shoves Seiko off, and slices downward with the sword.

"Do you people still not get it?!??! I am Karite!"

The Hollow slams the sword into the ground, roaring with laughter as his sadistic grin widens. Glowing, he begins to rise slightly in the air, floating a few feet up.

"I still can't believe it. Karite managed to keep this hidden all this time. Did none of you ever notice when he stopped training? Or did you just not care?"

The sword begins to cut sharply downwards, and a glowing light surrounds the Hollow.

"Ban Kai, Kuyashinaki."

Dropping downwards, the Hollow flicks it's hand at Seiko, sending a massive blast of ice towards him. It picks up Kuyashinaki, twirling it before that other sword- the one of shadows, reappeared in it's hand. The ground surround Karite began to freeze, and a blast of spiritual pressure emitted from him as the mask re-encased his face.

"You knew Karite's limitations with his Shikai, correct?"

The wind suddenly picked up even more, chilling the air.

"You knew how he could fight... How he could strike you down."

Snow crystals begin to fall, covering the battlefield in a thin veil of white.

"But you never saw his full capabilities. You didn't see this version."

The Hollow suddenly cuts the sword upwards, and the snow forms rapidly into long icicles, driving upwards at the four attackers. It glares quietly at Seiko.

"You'll show me what you do with Hollow trash will you?"

Eyes flashing, it roars as the snow bursts into ice, encasing the battlefield,

"I'll show you what we do with decadent Soul Reapers!"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Pixie in the Playground

Rukon 38

Seiko's staff spins to deflect Hollow/Karite's slash, then holds it up in preparation for an attack when Hollow/Karite slams his sword into the ground. Then he started floating? How is that possible; Karite's Zanpakutou can't do that! Seiko thought to himself as the Hollow babbled on. Seiko wasn't terribly impressed with the Hollow's skill with Karite's sword. Seiko had sparred with Karite on a number of occasions, and they'd proven mostly equal; Seiko was more skilled at Zanjutsu than Karite, but Karite's Zanpakutou's abilities gave him an edge over Seiko. Thankfully, the Hollow didn't seem to be in full control; it was possible that Karite was still fighting. What should he do, then? Kill the Hollow, an act that he shouldn't hesitate to do, or try to stall him and see if Karite can beat the Hollow?

Seiko is startled out of his thoughts when Karite releases his Bankai. When did he achieve that?! Today was just full of surprises, wasn't it? That would make this much harder. Seiko began moving as soon as he saw the Hollow's hand moving, vanishing into a blur of shunpo as the blast of ice hurtled past him. The ice felt...wrong. The cold felt so much more desolate than when Karite had been in control; the Hollow was corrupting Karite's Zanpakutou. No, Seiko wouldn't allow that. As its mask appeared, covering Karite's face, Seiko set himself. He wasn't sure what Karite's Bankai could do, which would give the Hollow an edge. This was a problem.

"MOVE!" Seiko bellowed as he saw the icicles forming beneath them. He knew that move, and it would hurt if it caught them. Hopefully the other three would be able to dodge them.

But Seiko couldn't worry about them right now. Right now, it had to be him and Karite. So it was. Seiko blocked out the world, and it was just him versus Karite. Like they were alone on a dance floor. It was perfect, almost beautiful.

"No, you are not Karite-kun. You are a manifestation of everything Karite-kun hated. You are everything he feared. And you are everything that he will overcome. You have not overcome him, Hollow, and you will not overcome him!"

Seiko raised his staff, and gathered his reiatsu. A dark red cloud gathered around, the color of newly spilled blood.

"You would be well served to not be so arrogant, beast. You have not yet beaten me, and you will not beat Karite-kun. You can be sure of that."

Seiko vanishes in flash of movement as the battlefield bursts into ice. He reappeared behind Karite, whirling and slashing at Karite, his movements like a dance in their grace and complexity. It was nearly impossible to predict.

4th Division Barracks
    "It's all right. I didn't pick that ability of it to transfer bodies either."
    "No, it's not all right. I've failed in my duty as a 3rd seat, both for you and for Kagome-san. I should probably see you back into your hospital room, Natsuko-taichou. I don't think that it's very healthy for you be out here so soon after giving birth."
    Star Wars iTP characters

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll let the doctors check on me, but I'm fine, Daisuke."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.