New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka's neutral expression stays as she looks at Henry, and then to Ayase again. She looks at her broom, and then at Ken. She looks to see the talisman still on Ayase's forehead. Then she looks at Henry again.

"...No, I am not busy at the moment. It should be quite safe. May I help you?"
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    She looks at Ken with an almost accusatory look.

"...Is this a friend of yours?"
    Ken

"No, but by the look of things she sure could be," said Ken smoothly. It was up to Ayase to determine if his remark was made in jest or a compliment. In truth it was both.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-18 at 09:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shou felt the Hollow drawing closer and tensed, ready to fight if need be. Oddly, the girl he watched also grew agitated and moved to a more advantageous position... apparently she could sense it too. Shou cocked his head, intrigued, even as he drew Gensoutenmaru and prepared to fight. Moments later a spiderlike Hollow burst into the alley, making a beeline past the girl, straight for him.

And then the strange girl dove onto the Hollow, spectacularly failing to wound it with her nodachi.

Think we should help?

Of course. Shou leapt to the alley floor, preparing to Shunpo around the Hollow's flailing legs, when the girl rolled under it and slew it, much to his surprise.

I didn't see that coming.

The girl shakily stood, bleeding from several gashes, and looked out into the street. Shou resheathed Gensoutenmaru and approached her from behind. This was worth a try, at least.

"That was impressive. Do you require bandages?"
    Mila whirled to face Shou, spurred into a momentary panic by the sound of what seemed to be a human voice.

"S***!" The exclamation tore from her lips before she could even think to stop herself. She instinctively moved the hand which held the bloody sword behind her back, so that it would not be visible.

"Um... no, and, uh... thank you? I, er... I have my own bandages. It's nothing. I-I'm fine. Really... I..."

She spoke haltingly, stammering and pausing, then trailed off as she finally focused on the individual who had adressed her for long enough to note his unusual appearance and dark robes.

He saw the hollow... Those robes, that sword... And wait a second... he's the other source! She suddenly realized that it was from him that the powerful spiritual pressure that she had sensed while tracking the Hollow was emanating. Her mind instantly drew the conclusion that she had been dreading.

"Shinigami!" she exclaimed, then clapped her free hand over her mouth, not meaning to have voiced this aloud.

Oh crap, oh s***, goddammit to hell... Her mind whirled again, as another wave of panic overtook her. She wan't supposed to be hunting Hollows, she wasn't supposed to let anyone know that she could see spirits, and she certainly was not supposed to reveal either to a Shinigami, of all people. Wait, is he even human anyway? Looks more like some sort of anthro dog... Why do I even care about this now? He's still Shinigami, and I'm still f***ed.

"Um... Look," she stammered, "I-It was nothing. I wasn't doing anything. I didn't mean to... and, um, I've got to go, um... like right now?"

Even as she said this, she knew that she couldn't move. Her fear and sick fascination with what was about to happen had rooted her to the spot. Would he erase her memories, the way that other Shinigami had tried years ago, or would he just think it was easier to -dispose- of her?

She swallowed hard, and shifted her gaze down to the filthy water of the puddle in which she stood, not daring to meet her eye. All the showy bravado that she so often exibited at school was beyond her, laying bare her fearful personality, and it was all she could do not to burst into tears.
    Last edited by Artemis Dreamer; 2010-10-17 at 12:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka's neutral expression stays as she looks at Henry, and then to Ayase again. She looks at her broom, and then at Ken. She looks to see the talisman still on Ayase's forehead. Then she looks at Henry again.

"...No, I am not busy at the moment. It should be quite safe. May I help you?"
    "I have some questions. Actually, I have quite a lot of questions. Nothing to be worried about, though."

The detective turns to look at the others, then back at Sayaka.

"But first, what were you three talking about just now? And you can drop the cosplaying act, miss." he adds to Ayase.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Dreamer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mila whirled to face Shou, spurred into a momentary panic by the sound of what seemed to be a human voice.

"S***!" The exclamation tore from her lips before she could even think to stop herself. She instinctively moved the hand which held the bloody sword behind her back, so that it would not be visible.

"Um... no, and, uh... thank you? I, er... I have my own bandages. It's nothing. I-I'm fine. Really... I..."

She spoke haltingly, stammering and pausing, then trailed off as she finally focused on the individual who had adressed her for long enough to note his unusual appearance and dark robes.

He saw the hollow... Those robes, that sword... And wait a second... he's the other source! She suddenly realized that it was from him that the powerful spiritual pressure that she had sensed while tracking the Hollow was emanating. Her mind instantly drew the conclusion that she had been dreading.

"Shinigami!" she exclaimed, then clapped her free hand over her mouth, not meaning to have voiced this aloud.

Oh crap, oh s***, goddammit to hell... Her mind whirled again, as another wave of panic overtook her. She wan't supposed to be hunting Hollows, she wasn't supposed to let anyone know that she could see spirits, and she certainly was not supposed to reveal either to a Shinigami, of all people. Wait, is he even human anyway? Looks more like some sort of anthro dog... Why do I even care about this now? He's still Shinigami, and I'm still f***ed.

"Um... Look," she stammered, "I-It was nothing. I wasn't doing anything. I didn't mean to... and, um, I've got to go, um... like right now?"

Even as she said this, she knew that she couldn't move. Her fear and sick fascination with what was about to happen had rooted her to the spot. Would he erase her memories, the way that other Shinigami had tried years ago, or would he just think it was easier to -dispose- of her?

She swallowed hard, and shifted her gaze down to the filthy water of the puddle in which she stood, not daring to meet her eye. All the showy bravado that she so often exibited at school was beyond her, laying bare her fearful personality, and it was all she could do not to burst into tears.
    Shou cocked his head, tail swishing lazily. He could smell the panic roiling from the girl as she fought back tears. Sure, the rules said he should erase her memory, but she was just so absolutely pitiful that he couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor girl, even as much as she intrigued him for taking down a Hollow with such little reiatsu to call her own.

"Calm down, girl... I'm not going to hurt you. I'm kind of impressed, really. I thought I was going to have to save you from that Hollow. How'd you learn to fight them?"

By all rights, Shou should have been intimidating, with his dark robes, his black cloak, the sword hilt over his shoulder, and, you know, being a coyote-man... but at the same time, he was just so fuzzy that he couldn't help but be cute in an odd sort of way.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Houheiden Shrine

Kaito waited for a couple of minutes, and didn't see anyone around.

"Let's just go in. This place is pretty open anyways, and I'm sure we'll find Sayaka, or someone, soon enough."

With that, he started walking into the Shrine, heading up the steps. Coincidentally, this took him directly on a path for where Sayaka, Ayase, Ken, and Henry were standing and talking.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shou cocked his head, tail swishing lazily. He could smell the panic roiling from the girl as she fought back tears. Sure, the rules said he should erase her memory, but she was just so absolutely pitiful that he couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor girl, even as much as she intrigued him for taking down a Hollow with such little reiatsu to call her own.

"Calm down, girl... I'm not going to hurt you. I'm kind of impressed, really. I thought I was going to have to save you from that Hollow. How'd you learn to fight them?"

By all rights, Shou should have been intimidating, with his dark robes, his black cloak, the sword hilt over his shoulder, and, you know, being a coyote-man... but at the same time, he was just so fuzzy that he couldn't help but be cute in an odd sort of way.
    Sora, (Ninety Meters To Their Right) sat back in his cemetery. He talked to a few ghosts, asked them 'yo, sup?'

Then he sensed a Shinigami.

And... something else.

He reassured himself.

"It's okay... Right? The other thing will be fine."

He was not reassured, and muttered darkly as he stalked over to where Mila and Shou were, and hid himself ten meters away.

He forgot about his reiatsu though.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Houheiden

A small, white bird flies around the edge of the shrine grounds, landing on a tree branch.
    Having finished work in a timely fashion, Õta Yui had decided to take a walk around the city in spirit of sight seeing. She's wearing a suit again, and again holding a town map in her hands (upside down, as usual). Esteemed Houheiden Shrine had seemed like a good place to start - she could pay her respects while at it.

Such a beautiful place. I can't wait to meet the sort of people who keep this place up these days, she thinks as she reaches the foot of the long walk of white stairs leading to the Shrine gate... and stops.

Yui blinks. She tries to step forward, but finds she can't. She turns, walks away for a distance, makes a short circle, and tries to walk back, only to be stopped at the Shrine stairs again. A puzzled frown spreads on her face and she crosses her arms on her chest.

Me. Prevented from entering a shrine. I don't know if I should cry or laugh. As she taps the ground with her foot impatiently, her gaze wanders, untill it settles on a small tree in the distance. There's a curious white bird crouching on its branches.

Narrowing her eyes, Yui walks closer to see it better. "Hello there, little thing. What has brought you here?", she asks, and holds her left hand towards the birds. She fully expects it to flee, but you never know...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Outside Houheiden.

The bird stares down at Yui. Before taking wing and vanishing amid the branches.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

[Outside Houheiden Shrine]

Yui furrows her brow, then glances at the ground and kneels to pick up a sizable rock. Weighing it in her hands, she starts circling around the tree, hoping to get the bird back in her sight.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Outside the Shrine

The foliage of this particular tree is quite thick.

Suddenly, a pointy branch flies from amid the leaves, aimed at Yui's face. It has been pecked into a crude dart.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

"Kendo class..." Mila replied, but her voice came out as little more than a choked whisper. She cleared her throat and tried again.

"I took a kendo class... That's where I learned to fight."

She raised her eyes from the pavement to meet Shou's gaze, determined not to appear completely intimidated - She was, but that was besides the point. Everything in her world hinged on impressions, even her relations with canine(?) Shinigami, and so far, she hadn't exactly gotten off to a remarkable start in terms of asserting herself.

After a moment of silence, she caught herself starting at his tail, and rapidly averted her eyes.

No sense in ticking him off even more by gawking...

"So..." she began awkwardly, her inherent shyness giving way to morbid curiosity. "You're a Shinigami, hmm?"

The question was awkwardly phrased, but she hoped that he would get the hint. She wanted to know more about the strange and amicable death god who had complimented - Yes, complimented - her mediocre combat skills.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka's eyebrow moves slightly at Ken's statement.

She turned to Henry and bowed politely, now more formal and proper.

"I am afraid that question is too difficult to explain. Since you can also apparently see spiritual creatures, I assume you are here to ask questions of this sort of thing?"

She asks him.

"Oh my, is it the inspector? Here to consult the shrine?" A familiar voice of Haruaki comes from the doorway. Today however, he is dressed in his priest robes.

But now also it seemed Kaito's group also arrived, so Sayaka could not appear so annoyed.

What an unfortunate time, to have a monster cat to deal with, Ken's unbalancing comments, this suspicious old man, her father, and other students.

14. - Top - End - #344

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka's eyebrow moves slightly at Ken's statement.

She turned to Henry and bowed politely, now more formal and proper.

"I am afraid that question is too difficult to explain. Since you can also apparently see spiritual creatures, I assume you are here to ask questions of this sort of thing?"

She asks him.

"Oh my, is it the inspector? Here to consult the shrine?" A familiar voice of Haruaki comes from the doorway. Today however, he is dressed in his priest robes.

But now also it seemed Kaito's group also arrived, so Sayaka could not appear so annoyed.

What an unfortunate time, to have a monster cat to deal with, Ken's unbalancing comments, this suspicious old man, her father, and other students.
    "Why yes, I am here to talk about that sort of thing - it's in relation to some odd goings-on around this town-"

Then her father comes in.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Kondo? I am Henry Coleby, and as I'm here off duty you can dispense with "Officer." Just call me Henry, please."

Then all the other students come in.

"...Are you absolutely sure you're not busy?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Outside the Shrine

The foliage of this particular tree is quite thick.

Suddenly, a pointy branch flies from amid the leaves, aimed at Yui's face. It has been pecked into a crude dart.
    Startled, Yui's eyes widen and she throws her hand before her face, swiping the small projectile away. Then she pouts and glares deep into the foliage. "Hey!" She flings the stone in her hand amidst the branches with full force, hoping to hit the insufferable avian.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Dreamer View Post
    "Kendo class..." Mila replied, but her voice came out as little more than a choked whisper. She cleared her throat and tried again.

"I took a kendo class... That's where I learned to fight."

She raised her eyes from the pavement to meet Shou's gaze, determined not to appear completely intimidated - She was, but that was besides the point. Everything in her world hinged on impressions, even her relations with canine(?) Shinigami, and so far, she hadn't exactly gotten off to a remarkable start in terms of asserting herself.

After a moment of silence, she caught herself starting at his tail, and rapidly averted her eyes.

No sense in ticking him off even more by gawking...

"So..." she began awkwardly, her inherent shyness giving way to morbid curiosity. "You're a Shinigami, hmm?"

The question was awkwardly phrased, but she hoped that he would get the hint. She wanted to know more about the strange and amicable death god who had complimented - Yes, complimented - her mediocre combat skills.
    "Hmm. I can see how applying kendo could do the trick. Not many mortals could adapt it to fight something that inhuman in form, though. You should be more careful... there have been stronger Hollows around, and a haphazard plan against those would only lead to a lot of pain." Shou chuckled. "Yes, I'm a Shinigami, have been for a little over a century." His ears flicked curiously. "Do I make you nervous? I don't bite. Well, not unless the person deserves it."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-18 at 06:37 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

17. - Top - End - #347

[Cemetery]

The red-haired woman let out a sigh as she sat at the base of a small tree. She decided to stop by here before going back to her small apartment. She found this place a little relaxing. When it wasn't full of spirits, that is.

...we hunting tonight?

Silva leaned her head back against the tree and closed her eyes. Yeah...gotta keep at it. It's what we do. She lets out another sigh and sits there for a while, her thoughts wandering to the Arrancar named Elder, and how it waved goodbye to her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #348

[Cemetery]

Sora grows bored of watching the two talk, and begins to walk away, not really paying attention.

He's probably going to run into Silva.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-10-18 at 10:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349

[Cemetery]

Silva, currently with her head leaned back and her eyes closed, won't see Sora at all. Unless her gets her attention.

((I forget, is he part Hollow? Or, Hollow-like?))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Startled, Yui's eyes widen and she throws her hand before her face, swiping the small projectile away. Then she pouts and glares deep into the foliage. "Hey!" She flings the stone in her hand amidst the branches with full force, hoping to hit the insufferable avian.
    A few moments after the rock ruffles the leaves of the tree, the bird flies off into another nearby tree.

But not without first flying above and dropping a bomb on Yui.And with bomb, I mean poop.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Cemetery]

Silva, currently with her head leaned back and her eyes closed, won't see Sora at all. Unless her gets her attention.

((I forget, is he part Hollow? Or, Hollow-like?))
    ((Part Hollow. He be an Arranamacar.))

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    "Why yes, I am here to talk about that sort of thing - it's in relation to some odd goings-on around this town-"

Then her father comes in.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Kondo? I am Henry Coleby, and as I'm here off duty you can dispense with "Officer." Just call me Henry, please."

Then all the other students come in.

"...Are you absolutely sure you're not busy?"
    Sayaka

"Well, it seems it may become busy suddenly." Sayaka said. Haruaki laughed.

"Yes it will be a grand party this afternoon for-"

"It's not a party. It's a meeting."

"But there will be food and karaoke later."

"... I don't think so."

Somehow Sayaka was not sounding angry. But her gaze staring at the monster cat Ayase were with no mercy. Haruaki seemed to be ambivalent.

"Ah, a monster cat! And my daughter subdued it so professionally! I'm so happy!"

"H-hey, don't change the subject so lightly!"

Haruaki tried to pet Ayase's ears with his carefree nature.

"So inspector, if you are here to interview my daughter, I'll entertain her friends until you are finished~"

Sayaka started to shake, her face red now.

"Excuse me. I'm going over there. Far away." She said to Henry, Ken, and the 'Monster Cat' and ran towards Kaito and the others.

"She's such a good host." Haruaki observed.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-19 at 10:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    ((Part Hollow. He be an Arranamacar.))
    In that case, she'll sense him when he gets near. Her eyes snap open and she looks around, her right hand moving to where her dagger rests at her belt.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Haruaki tried to pet Ayase's ears with his carefree nature.
    Ah, that feels good. :3 Ayase starts to purr.

...wait, what am I doing?

She pulls back in embarassment, the talisman falling from her head.
    Awww...
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-19 at 12:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355

Sayaka

[color="#008899"]"So inspector, if you are here to interview my daughter, I'll entertain her friends until you are finished~"

Sayaka started to shake, her face red now.

"Excuse me. I'm going over there. Far away." She said to Henry, Ken, and the 'Monster Cat' and ran towards Kaito and the others.

"She's such a good host." Haruaki observed.
    Henry watches Sayaka go, and turns back to Haruaki.

"Actually, it's not really an interview. I just need some information about... Well, I don't actually know what you call them."

The mob continues to pour in.

"And I bet most of these people are here for the same reason I am. But I wouldn't mind getting inside first, though."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken observed Haruaki's artful approach towards Ayase's ears and then focused his attention squarely on her. "Aw, now I want to pet them too," said Ken with a false pout. "You wouldn't mind, would you?" He looked at her pleadingly with hope in his eyes.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-19 at 12:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken observed Haruaki's artful approach towards Ayase's ears and then focused his attention squarely on her. "Aw, now I want to pet them too," said Ken with a false pout. "You wouldn't mind, would you?" He looked at her pleadingly with hope in his eyes.
    Yes I would! ...a little.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

A few moments after the rock ruffles the leaves of the tree, the bird flies off into another nearby tree.

But not without first flying above and dropping a bomb on Yui.And with bomb, I mean poop.
    Yui narrowly sidesteps the worst, so the guano only hits her left shoe. She gives the stain a disdainful look, the shoots a murderous glare at the bird. "Hmmph. I'll get you. Just you wait", she mutters from between her teeth as she wipes her shoe at a nearby patch of grass, before turning around and walking away. She unfurls her map, making sure this time it's right side up.

Hmmm. Where should I go next?, she muses as she leaves Houheiden Shrine behind. Park I've already been to... maybe take a stroll through the cemetery, then go that cafeteria that was closed...

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "O... kay..."

Spoiler
    Show
    This would never happen with Ayase's civilian form. Fusion gives her a -4 penalty on Sense Motive checks.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-19 at 01:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken slowly moved over to the "monster" cat and dexterously stroked its ears and the top of its head with one hand. To Ayase it would be clear that Ken knew his way around felines assuming she was as sensitive as the average one in this regard. "They're so soft." He probably enjoyed the act nearly as much as she did.