New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Botsuraku Kishi

A figure strode silently through Phoenix Town, a single destination in mind. It was tall, taller than most, and clad in medieval plate mail, dented, scratched, and dark. The figure wore a pointed knights Helm, the face a blackened mass beneath the visor, a dark plume rising from the top of it's head. A long cloak of thick brown Bear fur hangs from the figure's shoulders, a large broadsword strapped to his waist in a beaten, well oiled scabbard.

All in all, this was a figure that would draw attention to itself, especially in a large city, but noone paid it much mind. No one stopped to stare, commented about the figure's passage, looked out windows in confusion at the strange sight. Some may have noticed the figures passing, though only as a vague notion of something passing, perhaps a glance that seemingly reveals nothing, and they continue on their way.

Finally, the figure reached it's destination, a small out of the way store, known as the Furousha Shop. The figure opened the front door, and strode into the strange little store frequented mostly by those in the know about it's proprietor and the nature of it's wares. The figure had come, for similar reasons.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    [Gymnasium]

Denden, what is this? People are turning into Akumushi?
    Ayase's mental voice was panicked.

If there's anything I can do to help Val, please tell me! Can my wand heal her, or...

Were they going to come for Valeria too, and make it look like she was dead? Maybe they didn't even fake it, maybe Mori-san was dead when they turned him into one of them.
    ...I... I dunno how to answer that. It's never happened before. Val... I think Val is herself... but she can use Akumushi powers somehow...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix walks in from the back, looking annoyed. "Oi, haven't you heard of kn-" Then she notices the armored fellow. Her expression turns confused and skeptical.

"...I don't know of any renaissance fairs around here, so sorry, can't help you."

[Elsewhere...]

Hibiki walks from the outskirts of town back into the middle of Phoenix city, looking rather... well, like himself. Though his mind is more lost in thought than usual. He picked his gigai back up from the bushes where he hid it, and is still looking rather wet, though he doesn't seem to mind.

What was all that about... good thing I got out of there before I was noticed.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

The tall armored figure looks towards the speaker, his face unreadable beneath his metal helmet, a heavy voice rasps past the heavy helm, echoing slightly from within, "I'm sorry, I was informed that this was a good place for someone looking for some work. Should I seek possible employment opportunities elsewhere?"
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2010-09-21 at 03:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Turning around to face Mrs Abel, Henry wastes no time in getting down to business. "Mrs. Abel? I need to have a word with you. Nothing serious. It's about someone you had at your residence." He stands aside. "Would you care to discuss this further inside?"
    Claudia nods, having finally caught her breath.

"Certainly, officer."

She slips past him, and begins to unlock the door, when a series of beeps are emitted from her purse. She hesitates, then draws out her cell phone, and takes a look at the message.

"Oh... I'm sorry, sir, but it seems like my daughter needs to be picked up. If you don't mind coming with me, you can ask your questions on the way, but otherwise, please come back a little later."

With that, she hurries down the steps, toward her car, her eyes on her phone as she taps out a reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    np, honey. B there soon. :)
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-09-21 at 04:24 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito listens to Sayaka and Ken, as well as the others.

"I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight. No offense, but a "sleepover" might be a bit awkward, all told. Between my folks wondering where I am, and the fact that it's not, ah, single gender. At any rate, maybe we should just make sure we all have each other's cell phone numbers? So that we can call each other if something comes up?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

It was a while until wave after wave of Hollows stopped trying to make their way into the school. When Hasunaga finally felt at ease enough to deactivate his powers, he found himself shrunk down.

"...Aw ****."

He looked like he was perhaps 12 years old or so - even if a little on the big side for that. Either way he faced a problem that happened to him often when he overused his powers.

Cue the embarassment music.

Doing his best to rearrange his clothes, and without the distinguishing marks that would allow him recognition (namely his right eye's injury and the snake-shaped scar on his chest), but still very much fatigued and a little injured, the old teacher pondered what to do. He couldn't go back into his office looking like this - he couldn't affort to be caught on camera after all. But he was still worried about the students left behind.

That's when he noticed that the Reiatsu that seemed to pervade the school was gradually disappearing. At the same time, he could feel a dense concentration of different kinds of Reiatsu coming from the gym. He figured he could at least peek inside. Making his way around the school building, Hasunaga made his way to the place where a battle had happened not that long ago.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Principal's Office

"That side effect of Hasunaga's powers never fails to amuse me... Keep him away from that Gymnasium Gralster."

Six unbecoming critters appear, not unlike dogs, and not unlike crustaceans, and these six things, called Shrimp, rush through spaces that do not touch, and in the blink of an eye they stand across Hasunaga's path, chittering a growl at him.

"And Gralster... Send for Erscheinung."

And a seventh shrimp appears, but this one leaps straight into the rift of a garganta.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Luckily, it never got any worse than this.

"Puh-lease."

He'd stick to the boots alone for now. But it was odd. He was sure there were no more Hollows around. Who, or what could have spotted him?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." Ken took out his phone and prepared to recite his number and enter those of others.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

[Gymnasium]
    Then it was a new type of Akumushi that did this to Mori-san?

As the numbers start to be called out, Ayase glances at her wand.
    Denden, you can add those to memory, right?

She tries to be as subtle as a pink-haired catgirl in a miniskirt can be, wondering if Sayaka can provide any answers.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-21 at 06:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Look, I don't know what to tell you right now. I need to think about it. But don't worry, I can store those no problem.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia nods, having finally caught her breath.

"Certainly, officer."

She slips past him, and begins to unlock the door, when a series of beeps are emitted from her purse. She hesitates, then draws out her cell phone, and takes a look at the message.

"Oh... I'm sorry, sir, but it seems like my daughter needs to be picked up. If you don't mind coming with me, you can ask your questions on the way, but otherwise, please come back a little later."

With that, she hurries down the steps, toward her car, her eyes on her phone as she taps out a reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    Henry nodded. "No, I don't mind all that much." Locking his car, he followed Claudia down to her car, talking as he went. "I believe you've already had an officer out this week. Something about a suspicious individual at a party?"
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-09-21 at 06:57 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

This was all getting to be too much. Something undeniably...weird had happened in the gymnasium and for perhaps the first time in a long time...Michiko found herself on the outside loop of information. None of it made any sense! What had that weird shimmer been and why had everyone been attacking it? Or rather, why had it been hostile and attacked them? All of those questions, and more, were blunted from the pain she felt in her side, pain that kept her sharply aware of everything that was happening around her and who seemed the most 'aware' of the situation.

That turned out, inevitably, to be Sayaka who had extended a hand to all of the others for safety for those who didn't feel safe. What was the sickly shrine girl up to with such an offer? What was her angle? Oddly, she didn't find herself particularly bothered by the fact that other students had 'gifts' like her deviants and herself seemed to possess. That just rang of opportunity to the yakuza-minded young woman, but there were more important matters to attend to then that at the moment. As the others began to hand out their cell phone numbers, Michiko catches Yuudai's gaze and gives a short jerk of her head towards the doors leading outside into the rain. An ugly looking bruise was beginning to show on the pale skin of her mid-riff, prompting her to pick up the pace. Only once she was outside did she begin to let the pain show, gritting her teeth and doubling over for a moment with her eyes squeezed shut.

This is nothing...pain is temporary. Just get home quick and try to get a handle on things. Figure it out. Was that shimmer alive or did someone make it? Come on girl, you can't just wait out here puzzling it over like a kindergartner. Get home, before Father does, and then get a grip on the rest.

Quickly she begins to lightly jog off towards the street, the route home from school ingrained in her memory by this point...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai

The delinquent slipped out of the school as well, putting the sword back in the bag. He figured that Michiko knew what was happening better than he did, and he wasn't about to go hang out at a shrine overnight, especially with these super-powered... freaks, for lack of a better word.

Downtown

Michiko heard the sound of a motor approaching from behind. As she turned her head she saw a figure on a motorcycle. She had a red jacket on and a helmet, though Michiko could see brown hair trailing behind.

"I'd know that hair anywhere..." The woman said as she stopped the bike in front of the delinquent. She took her helmet off, revealing a familiar face; the face of Yuudai's older sister. "Michiko-San?" It is as the point that she saw her bruise. "Oh god... What happened? Do you need a lift to the hospital?"
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-09-21 at 07:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Michiko

Should have brought my umbrella. Stupid shimmer making me drop it. Someone is probably going to take it for themselves once their pow-wow is finished, I'll just use one of the spares back at the house. So cold.

Michiko stormed angerily down the soaked street, arms crossed over her chest for warmth and in a vain attempt to keep from getting as soaked as she seemed likely to become. The light from the bike behind her didn't garner much of her attention, she was too stuck in her own brooding thoughts, until it pulled up along side of her and removed their helmet.

For the first time that day, Michiko lets her practiced mask of cold indifference slip to reveal dumbfounded amazement. Was that really...? What on earth was the chance of this actually happening?

A fresh throb from her side and back brings Michiko back to the situation at hand and she quickly shakes her head, alarm flashing in her blue eyes. Who would blame her? How could she explain an injury like this?

Why yes Doctor, I did say that a sentient gas leak attacked some of my fellow students and I leaped to protect one of them. Why are you giving me such a funny look?

"No! I mean...that's not necessary Fuyuko-sempai, I just need to get bandaged up and get a night or two of good sleep with some ointment. I was just heading ho..." There Michiko paused, a look of constertation crossing her wet face. She couldn't very well go home in this condition, not if her father had managed to get home early. It was too big a risk and would likely get someone hurt. "I was just heading to Yuudai's house actually...He was going to give me a hand getting wrapped up and then I was going to give him some help on homework is all..."

If nothing else, Michiko definitely thought fast on her feet!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #47

Fuyuko

"I see. Yeah, he was always so terrible at Math. And English... And Science... And... Well, anything. Anyway, it's so nice to see you again. You've grown up, unlike my brother... Oh! Sorry." Fuyuko remarked as she threw the helmet to Michiko; Michiko should hope that her reflexes are as quick as her wit to catch it. "No sense in getting soaked. Hop on, I'll give you a ride." The woman patted the seat of the motorcycle. "I was heading over that way anyway. I need to pick up some things, I can get you some bandages or whatever."
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-09-21 at 08:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Valeria sighs in relief, putting her phone back. For a moment, she just sits there, trying to get the energy to stand. When she fails, she looks up ever so pitifully to the others.

"I... I think I'm going to need some help getting my stuff."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

The delinquent hesitates for a moment, even as she snatches the helmet out of the air. Did she really want to accept a ride at this point? Hadn't Sayaka mentioned that other things could sense those with 'powers' and might come after them? Would that mean she was putting Fuyuko in danger as well...?

Finally, reluctantly, she hopped up unto the motorcycle behind Yuudai's older sister and pulled on the helmet properly. Soon, she's wrapped her arms about the older girl's mid-section and rests her head against Fuyuko's shoulder for the duration of the ride. Had she ever actually gone to visit Yuudai before?

Hrm...can't remember right now...oh well.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria sighs in relief, putting her phone back. For a moment, she just sits there, trying to get the energy to stand. When she fails, she looks up ever so pitifully to the others.

"I... I think I'm going to need some help getting my stuff."
    Kaito slowly stands up on his own, having just finished taking down some cell phone numbers, and making a quick call to his mother (who could more easily take off work to come pick him up). With a tired smile, he offered Val one hand to help her stand.

"Come on. I think I can manage that, at least."

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

The delinquent hesitates for a moment, even as she snatches the helmet out of the air. Did she really want to accept a ride at this point? Hadn't Sayaka mentioned that other things could sense those with 'powers' and might come after them? Would that mean she was putting Fuyuko in danger as well...?

Finally, reluctantly, she hopped up unto the motorcycle behind Yuudai's older sister and pulled on the helmet properly. Soon, she's wrapped her arms about the older girl's mid-section and rests her head against Fuyuko's shoulder for the duration of the ride. Had she ever actually gone to visit Yuudai before?

Hrm...can't remember right now...oh well.
    Fuyuko

The ride is not too long, certainly much faster than walking in the downpour. They eventually arrive at a small, modest, one-story house. Fuyuko stopped at the curb, letting Michiko off. "Alright, I'll be back soon, twenty minutes tops. If no one answers the door then there's a key under the mat." Fuyuko explained, taking the helmet off of Michiko. "Remember to take it easy. My brother should be on his hands and knees, getting you anything you need." The woman instructed with a smile, it was hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not. With that she drove off.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-09-21 at 09:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground

[School]

Nakahiro gives and receives phone numbers like most of the rest of the students, then slides his phone back into his pocket. He then looks over at Kaito and Valeria.

"I can help too, if you need."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito nods at Nakahiro's offer.

"It would be greatly appreciated."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Val takes the offer with a smile, doing what she can on her own. "...sorry, I've been about as useful as an anchor..." She blushes. Even if she helped in the fight, she was incapacitated for nearly the whole time before that... more than enough to feel guilty, anyway.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina sighs. "Don't...don't always fight. There are times...times when it's best to let sleeping dogs lie." She swings her bag from her back and pulls her phone from it to record several phone numbers. Afterward, she puts everything back. "I think...I'll just take a walk. It's something to think about...and...I sort of...don't feel well in big groups." An awkward smile comes to her and she laughs nervously a few times. "Th-thanks...I'm sorry..." She turns and heads for the door, waving as she leaves.

Although she notices Michiko at least separating from the group, Kina makes no motions to include or bring notice to her in the slightest.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    [Furousha Shop]

The tall armored figure looks towards the speaker, his face unreadable beneath his metal helmet, a heavy voice rasps past the heavy helm, echoing slightly from within, "I'm sorry, I was informed that this was a good place for someone looking for some work. Should I seek possible employment opportunities elsewhere?"
    "...I dunno who told you, I'm not exactly looking for anyone..." The guy weirded her out a little... but, then again, she could use someone else to do dirty jobs around the shop, since Eirene was almost always at the cafe...

"...But I guess, if you'll take extremely low pay, and a bed to sleep in, if you need it, I can think about it. What's your name anyway?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-09-22 at 10:47 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Graveyard, Sora]

Sora walked through the graveyard, calming down. Anyone around would hear words being said.

"Of course. Of course the day I leave is the day that poor Souta becomes a bloody Hollow. Why? Why did I leave?"

Sora's knees shake, and he falls down.

"Why couldn't I help him?"
    A certain hulking Texan lurked around the graveyard, white duster coat waving in the breeze. He'd left school early, somewhat concerned by the strange, sudden thunderstorm. Back home such things often indicated trouble. Apparently things were different here; he'd sensed Hollows around, but hadn't actually run into any in his patrol to try keeping them away from civilians. He sighed and made a mental note not to jump into action so quickly and on so little evidence next time.

Just a bit ago, though, his reiatsu sense had pinged with... something. It felt almost like a Hollow, but not quite... Rex had never encountered anything like it before. He moved in, ready to let fly with Schreiender Adler if need be, but found only another student. Rex nearly left, but then Sora mentioned Hollows. What? He knows about them? Where did he find out? Rex stepped into the open as Sora fell to his knees. "Uh... are... are you alright? Can I help?" He asked in thickly Texan-accented Japanese, somewhat difficult to understand.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-09-22 at 02:54 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi nods and waves to Kina.

"I'll keep that in mind, Kina. Stay safe, have a good evening, and we'll see you later."

He then turned back to Val, frowning a bit at her comment.

"You contributed just as much as anyone else there at the end. Don't sell yourself short."

He smiled.

"If nothing else, your powers are more dramatic than mine!"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    A certain hulking Texan lurked around the graveyard, white duster coat waving in the breeze. He'd left school early, somewhat concerned by the strange, sudden thunderstorm. Back home such things often indicated trouble. Apparently things were different here; he'd sensed Hollows around, but hadn't actually run into any in his patrol to try keeping them away from civilians. He sighed and made a mental note not to jump into action so quickly and on so little evidence next time.

Just a bit ago, though, his reiatsu sense had pinged with... something. It felt almost like a Hollow, but not quite... Rex had never encountered anything like it before. He moved in, ready to let fly with Schreiender Adler if need be, but found only another student. Rex nearly left, but then Sora mentioned Hollows. What? He knows about them? Where did he find out? Rex stepped into the open as Sora fell to his knees. "Uh... are... are you alright? Can I help?" He asked in thickly Texan-accented Japanese, somewhat difficult to understand.
    Sora whirled around, his eyes turning that pitch black, the inky blackness that enveloped everything, until he saw who was there. His eyes change to their normal (being the operative word,) color.

"Oh. Hi. I-I'm fine. Just fine. Nothing is wrong. Nothing at all."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Furousha Shop]
    "...I dunno who told you, I'm not exactly looking for anyone..." The guy weirded her out a little... but, then again, she could use someone else to do dirty jobs around the shop, since Eirene was almost always at the cafe...

"...But I guess, if you'll take extremely low pay, and a bed to sleep in, if you need it, I can think about it. What's your name anyway?"
    The man nodded along with her words. "That'll be fine for now I suppose. It's Botsuraku. Botsuraku Kishi."