New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken Go - School

Ken turned to Sayaka. "Even though the others aren't interested in going with you I still am, if that's alright."
    Sayaka

Sayaka turned to Ken and nodded.
    "Ok. I am afraid we will have to walk. It is not very close either."

She looked at the first year student.
    "My name is Sayaka Kondo." She continued. "I am a second year student here. Nice to meet you."

Still seeming a little distracted, she turned to look up at the ceiling. Of course her thoughts were like 'something else surely is wrong, and I must discover it.' But to take the paper talisman on the ground and put them into her gymnasium bag, and then to turn to leave.

"If you want, you can use my cell phone to call your parents? I-I'm not sure what sort of an arrangement this is, but a promise is a promise that I will protect you."

What an awkward thing to say.

Erima

"O-oi, Takara. Are you ok? Don't go falling asleep here...we'll never get home!" The sleepy sounding scarf seemed to say to Takara silently.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-09-26 at 01:38 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken

"That's fine by me. Doesn't a long walk sound like a pleasant way to unwind after what happened? I'm Ken Go and I'm your junior. It's nice to meet you too." Unlike Sayaka the events that had transpired cleared his mind and put him at ease. To him they were exhilarating. "It's alright. I don't need to call them. How about we both promise to protect each other mutually? I feel the current arrangement is a little one sided." Saying "I'll protect you," definitely was awkward and so was being on the receiving end of those words, especially as a guy when they came from a girl.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-09-26 at 06:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Henry said nothing as Claudia pulled up to the school. He does, however, do a double-take at the people that Claudia blithely ran past. By the time Claudia gets back to the car, she will find Henry stood outside the passeneger side, just taking in the sights.

And boy, was there a lot to see. His mind now absolutely roiling with questions, the detective waved as the Abels made their way over. There was something most definitely off about... about, well, pretty much everyone gathered except for Claudia. He'd need some time alone with this Valeria... See what she knew.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

[School - Transit]

Valeria climbs in the back on seeing someone sitting in front. She looks to the man carefully. Should he look back, he will notice that Valeria is a fair bit sickly-looking as compared to other kids her age.

"Um... hello?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia pauses for a moment.

"Oh, yes. Vally, this is Officer... I don't believe I got your name, actually. Well, anyway, he just has a few questions for us, while we go back home."

Relations established, she then climbs into the driver's seat, and begins pulling out of the parking space.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-09-26 at 03:06 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Ken's notice of a pleasant way
    Sayaka gave a rare smile.
    " Being someone who always was alone, I did not think of your feelings. I apologize.

Very well, let's work together then."
    Sayaka said with a nod. She pointed straight. And in silence then for a while they walked as the houses become more small-numbered.

What do I try to say? Sayaka thought with troubled feelings.

"How long have you seen spirits?" She asked Ken.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've sensed strange things for years, but I've only started to actually see spirits several months ago. How long have you been able to see them? Do you regularly fight them?" Ken didn't mind the temporary lack of conversation. The act of walking together alone could further their potential friendship. They'd also have more to say when they reached her place.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

"My name is Henry, and don't worry. You aren't in trouble." He says no more as he waits to get back to Claudia's house to talk this over.

...Valeria was bothering him though. She looked like she'd seen a ghost.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-09-27 at 03:49 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

[School yard]

Something in Hasunaga's attitude is grating Hachirou's nerves. True, he hadn't personally slain a single Hollow on this expedition, but overall his patrol had probably freed the poor town from significant portion of its lost souls. While it seems the mortal had done his fair share of fighting, it should be obvious he would've faced much worse were it not for the Shinigami.

So why is he being such a thankless bastard?

"Mortal, it's true the Hollow we left behind overwhelmed us. But we're just footsoldiers, scouts, and guides; hardly the extent what our kin have to offer"
    , he says matter-of-factly, though his face belies some amount of pride and snark in his demeanor. "Even now, people better suited for the job are engaging the creature. I have no doubt we'll prevail today."

He tries to rise up and offer a hand to the seeming boy, but his muscles don't bother to obey him. Sighing, he keeps talking from the ground. "Of course, your efforts have been valiant today as well. Though I have no insight to the nature of your powers, I still offer my graditude for your help. Where ever your enemies might be now, you've still saved innocent lives. Thank you."

About middleway through this speech, another black-glad figure appears to the horizon. When Hachirou finishes, Zaraki Nasumi has rejoined their company, panting heavily and carrying Kazuma on her back. After few seconds of catching her breath, she suddenly stiffens, almost falls backwards, and then salutes her prone officer as well as she can. "Za - Za - Zaraki Nasumi -mi reporting!", she stutters. "I hope you didn't have to wa - wait too long! I'm so sorry if we're late!"

Hachirou can only quirk an eyebrow at this single-minded devotion to military etiquette.

Aww, don't you just love that girl?

For the last time, Jin, shut the hell up!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma seemed uncomfortable at being on Nasumi's back. It probably had to do with the fact he was still aching, and bouncing up and down on her shoulders did little for his state. He eventually poked her slightly in the shoulder and whispered, "Zaraki-kun, if you'd be so kind to let me down...?"

"Amagatsu Kazuma here, sir. In one piece, more or less. Anyone else we should be expecting?"

Shotanaga merely eyed the quite beaten Kazuma and his companion. Then he turned back to Hachirou. "I've always wondered why you Shinigami dress in black. The way I figure, it's so you don't see your own blood soaking your clothes when you fight at night." He murmured. "I can tell that someone's fighting even now. But the last time I let someone fight on his own, that someone got killed. You can complain all you want about my attitude, and it won't change the fact that as of right now, someone else is fighting for you."

It seemed that he was trying to be less 'thankless', but he had a great deal of bitterness in him. "Out of the Hollows I killed today, only one gave me significant trouble. The rest were easy. So you don't need to thank me." He looked a little nervous. Every so often he'd reach for his breast pocket and stop himself just shy of that. "Anyway, I guess some of you fought harder than others... not that I blame you."

He gazed towards Nasumi and Kazuma in particular, whom pretty much were in absolute stark contrast with each other. Nasumi was winded, but it seemed to have been from running over with a companion over her shoulder.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Yoshi]

Yoshi was at a scowl now.

"Color schemes aside, I don't appreciate what you're trying to guilt us with. We Shinigami are wise enough to realize when we're outclassed by something."

He glanced at Kyou.

"Well, most of the time. At any rate, the person fighting that threat now is vastly more capable than we are. We'd actually present more of a risk for him if we were present, as he wouldn't feel as free to fight all-out. Knowing your own strength, and the limits thereof, is just common sense. So don't try to make us feel like scum just because we've given it our all, and passed the baton onto someone else willing and able to fight."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Kyou sneezes in her unconsciousness.

...Yep.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

"And what's going to happen when you're the only one that your companions can depend on?"

He let that sink in for a minute.

The obvious answer to that would be, "as long as I have my companions, I have others to depend on". But companions need to be protected too. Yoshi would likely catch onto that.

"I am not accusing you of anything. If there's guilt in there somewhere, that's all you. All I am saying is that next time, you might not be able to run. You might not have someone to count on. THEN how do you plan to protect your friends?"

After another pause, he shrugged ever-so-slightly.

"But you probably knew all that already. I don't need to remind you of what you must strive for. In the end, when it's all up to you... you'll be glad for this little lecture."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Yoshi]

"Then I'd do whatever I could to protect my comrades. What else do you want me to say? That I'll stay on the battlefield, even when I'm useless in a fight, just to get in the way of someone who's well above me in strength? I've been learning how to work with my fellows since before you were born, Mortal. Even if you're older than your current physical body would suggest. Which I suspect you are.

So shut up and stop trying to act like you know better than us. We have to take care of our wounded.
    "

With that, he turned his back on Shotanaga and activated his interdimensional phone.

"I need a senkai gate at my present location. Roger, 60 seconds, understood."

He turned off the phone and raised his voice slightly.

"Gate will be online and on-site in 60 seconds and counting, people! Let's get ready to move out!"

Meanwhile, Kaito had edged even further from the growing tension by the Shinigami. He sighed in relief as his mom pulled up in her car.

He turned and waved to everyone who was left.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. Feel free to call me if you need to...check scheduling."

With that, he hopped in the car and was quickly on his way home.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

"What I want you to say doesn't matter. Words are cheap. What I want you to do is keep anyone from dying. Because maybe, next time, I might not be here."

Shotanaga finally fell back on his arms, suddenly feeling very tired.

"You don't want to live with regret. Specially since you live longer than humans."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha could feel the tension in the air. To keep herself occupied, she checks on the newest arrivals, fixing them as needed.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

The trio fairly quickly arrive back at the Abel residence, though Claudia is a little slower this time around. Claudia slips out, and opens the door for the other two.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Yuudai

Yuudai sighed in relief, then made his way to his room to tear down a few posters. He went to get some clothes, a sweater and some loose sweatpants, when he heard a peculiar yet familiar sound. The sound of a knob turning... Fsssssssssssh. The water was running. A girl was in his bathroom. A girl was using his shower. A girl was going to use his bar of soap. A girl was going to use his towel. This all proved to be too much for the poor boy to handle, so he went with his instincts. Michiko would hear the bathroom door slam open, and would see Yuudai bursting into the room, wide-eyed and shocked.
    Yuudai enters the bathroom to find Michiko leaning up against the bathroom wall, towel wrapped tight about her body even as steam billows all about from the open shower. She blinks in surprise, still turning the hair dryer on her slightly warmed clothing before her cheeks color red.

"Explain. Yuudai. Now." Comes the guttural growl from Michiko as she gives the mother of all death glares to her loyal subordinate and second-hand-man.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Way to Houheiden]

Sayaka thought for a moment on how to reply.

"I've always been able to see them. It's a family tradition... My father is the priest at the Houheiden shrine, so the supernatural world is one I've always known. I never had a choice on that.

But in terms of 'fighting,' I think that's a difficult question to answer. We are more neutral than some of the Temples. Actual interference is not really allowed, unless it's to protect someone innocent and otherwise uninvolved.

In that way, I was able to act when things became dangerous and everyone was trapped inside- but I could not act before.
    Actually that can be a very frustrating feeling you might think.
    But it's law of neutrality that we maintain."
    She said, her voice was calm, if only to cover any feeling of regret.

"Ah, speaking of the Shrine then, you might see it if you look through the trees." She pointed up at the top of a forested hill, and a little red can be seen.
    "Maybe to answer your question better... Now is not the first time I have fought such abominations. But it has always been a rare occasion. This city is a center of a spiritual flow, so there are many who are sensitive to it, and many things that are drawn here. If they are good, and if they are bad...that is not a judgment we can pass easily. I-"

She paused. Was This too much for Ken now? He seemed to be handling himself well, but she hesitated talking more about the shrine for the minute.

"I apologize in advance for my father. H-He is... ah.." She failed of words. "Well, you will see."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Yuudai enters the bathroom to find Michiko leaning up against the bathroom wall, towel wrapped tight about her body even as steam billows all about from the open shower. She blinks in surprise, still turning the hair dryer on her slightly warmed clothing before her cheeks color red.

"Explain. Yuudai. Now." Comes the guttural growl from Michiko as she gives the mother of all death glares to her loyal subordinate and second-hand-man.
    Yuudai

"Crap, what was I thinking? Why did I burst in? At least she isn't actually showering... then I'd be deader than dead. As it stands I think I'm already dead enough... Quick Yuudai, think. Excuses, excuses. Crap."

An audible gulp was heard coming from Yuudai as he stood up straight and saluted, keeping his eyes mostly shut (he was, however, human.) "Ojou-Sama! I-I was just getting some clothes for you and making sure that you weren't using my shower- Not to imply that I would have looked if you were, I'd be dead. W-w-wait, no, I don't mean that looking at you would kill me like Medusa, but that you'd kill me if I looked at you... I mean, I'm not saying you are a cold-blooded killer. I-I mean, I'm sure you have no hesitation when you do want to kill- B-b-but I mean that you are a fair and just Ojou-Sama and wouldn't simply kill a Peeping Tom... N-not to imply I am one!" Yuudai stammered out at an incredible speed. He covered his eyes and held out his sister's old clothing. "I brought you some clothes Ojou-Sama!"

I, Aoki Yuudai, being of sound mind and body...
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2011-09-18 at 03:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Way to Houheiden]

Ken listened intently as Sayaka spoke and his eyes followed her direction. "I see it... Are you generally alright with staying neutral?" He thought about saying his opinion on the matter but he decided to play it safe and wait to find out her position before doing so.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-09-28 at 01:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

[School Yard]

Hasunaga's mumbling is giving Hachirou a headache now. Why is this boy lecturing them about truisms of war? "That goes both ways; we might not be here next time, in which case you would be doomed to failure", he retorts. "There is absolutely no sense in musing about worst-case scenarios. We did today what you hope we'll do tomorrow; if we fail, then we fail."

He's fought alone for too long.

"And that's it. Exactly because our longevity, we can't stop to regret every single past mistake, or accumulating weight of guilt would crush us to the ground. We can afford regretting things that haven't even happened yet even less."

Oh, look who's talking.

"That's what separates us from our enemy - ability to forgive others, ourselves, even them - ability to let go of past and live for the future. You should take heed of that, mortal, so when your time comes... your regret won't weigh you down too tightly to this world."

Whatever wisdom there might be in the officer's words, he speaks them with such disillusioned monotone that no-one is left in doubt of how much he detests the discussion they're having. Then, the Senkai Gate swirls into existence, and Hachirou relaxes a bit. "It seems it's time to leave. Sietka-kun, could you help me up?"

Meanwhile, Nasumi regards the situation with confusion. Who is that boy? It doesn't seem he's dead... so why is he talking to us like that? And infront of so many other mortals too! She glances nervously around as Alysha hurries to them, before lowering Kazuma down on his own feet. Surely, some breach of protocol is taking place, but her memory isn't good enough to tell which one. She absent-mindedly rubs her naked arms to ward off the growing cold, before it dawns to her something seems to be missing.

"Uh, where's Crossdale-san?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Household]

Valeria steps out, giving her mother a smile before making her way into the house. For now, she sits on one of the sofas in the living room, figuring that the detective wanted to speak with her. This is probably about the party... Mom told me some weird guy tried getting in.

To the detective, the size of the Abel house may be a little intimidating. It was readily apparent that the family was very well-off. The mansion is large, contemporary, and on the interior, was simply decked out in high-end furniture, artwork, and other accommodations. There's even a pool visible in back.

[Furousha Shop]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "Nope, that oughta be about it... oh, are you fine with, say... 422 yen an hour?" Viatrix eyes Botsu.

((That's about $5 in USD. ))
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-09-28 at 02:41 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Yoshi]

Yoshi looks around, then curses under his breath.

"Just a moment.."

He then reaches up and fiddles with a dial on his monocle, his frown deepening as he accesses the information gained by the 12th Division's dimensional scanners.

"It appears he and 3rd Seat Akio are both attacking the other powerful Hollow from earlier. I'm not sure why Crossdale is still on the field, but Akio is on-site. We have to trust them both to handle this; no one here is in the condition to try extracting him at the moment."

He turns to the various Shinigami present, his expression seeming to be carved from stone.

"Everyone, get moving! Myself and anyone who's combat capable will play rearguard until the injured, exhausted, and medics are through the portal. Then we go through 2 at a time."

He gave everyone a look that said "I expect you to listen to me".

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Shotanaga wasn't one to let a discussion go easily. It would appear that his natural stubborness was severely amplified in his child form.

"But I will be here. And as long as I am, no Hollow will bring pain to any of the students present. You almost don't sound like you believe your own words, Shinigami."

But Hachirou's intuition was correct. Hasunaga HAD fought by himself for far too long. In the end, there's no such thing as a perfect soldier because no single soldier can bear the pain of waging war by him/herself.

At the mention of a pair of their companions still being left behind, the boy stood up. And started walking.

"You've got injured and wounded. And one of your most capable men right now is fighting an abomination of a Hollow. Two others are fighting by themselves. All I've got are a few scratches."

He turned to look back at the Shinigami with his faded right eye. "I'll say it again. As long as I'm here, no Hollow gets near this school."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi turned as Shotanaga began to walk towards the battle. A few strides put him in front of and to one side of Shotanaga. He drew his staff, and placed it in the man-child's path.

"You will not interfere and risk further disruption in the fight. Akio will have his hands full with that creature and Allan already. I don't want you endangering him by further distracting him. Keep an eye on these children, then sweep the streets if you wish. But stay away from those fights. It's the best way to make sure they win."

His face is as hard as obsidian.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-09-28 at 04:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

"You haven't caught onto anything I was trying to tell you, did you?"

With that said, Shotanaga turned one very stern face towards Yoshi. "I haven't been a 'civillian' for some time now. Your friends are in need of extraction. Meanwhile, I know that should they fall, I face the very likely possibility of facing whoever they're up against by myself. Simple battlefield logic would tell you what the smartest way to fight this would be."

He kept staring at Yoshi. "Don't worry. I'm not about to lay down my life for your friends. I've still got a lot of sins to atone for."

With that said, he took a tentative step forward.

"Have you considered using your escape route to request reinforcements for extraction?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi's staff remained in place.

"You are not trained to fight with us or like us. Akio would lose valuable time and attention adapting to your entry and fighting style.

And we have procedures for sending additional help as necessary. I will be informing the relevant parties in Soul Society of the current situation, something they are likely already keenly aware of. I realize you likely don't trust us, but I don't care. This isn't a request.
    "

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

"It's not a matter of trust. But I guess you wouldn't trust me to stay put, either. Sorry, but I'm choosing not to accept."

With that said, Yoshi would suddenly feel a jolt of some sort as one of Hasunaga's invisible gauntlets materialized behind his back, grasping his shoulder and draining some of his Reiatsu. Another quickly catches the Shinigami as he falls unconscious.

"I tried to hold back some. You should be back to the land of the awake in a few minutes."

Properly donning his suit's jacket, then the bandana (and last but not least, the eyepatch, though he's careful to hide it from the schoolkids), Hasunaga focused in expending some of the excess energy so he could return to at least an appearance that let him fill his pants. He disliked doing so, however - it felt uncomfortable, and occasionally tiring. Plus it gave him the munchies.

The boots were next, as he took off in the direction he felt the greatest discharge of Reiatsu from. From there, he should be able to fly up to a tall building and scout the general area.

Or maybe the smoke of a Cero or two blowing up half the pavement would tip him off.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Damn it boy, don't you-"

And then he's drained, and shortly unconscious, staff still grasped tightly in one hand.

Hopefully someone will come retrieve him ASAP.